azeemurill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azeemurill
j5 wrote:The blocks spell "Ripley"
The stuffed doll is a predator

Nice attention to detail.

Even better is that the other side of the blocks spell Sulaco. Just plain awesome.

Are these baby Resurrection Aliens? I'm just guessing by color.

electricemu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electricemu
wanderlane wrote:Yes, in fact, androids do dream of electric sheep.

I approve.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Lovestar

I think you did a really great job with the "cute" part, regardless of being out of your comfort zone.... Overall it's very nicely done, I think just the right amount of accent coloring.

wakingmind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wakingmind
Re: I Am Awesome, But...

This shirt reminds me of Adventure Time... That's a good thing.

ritaroobias

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ritaroobias
Re: Ninjas in space (with dinosaurs)

I already commented on this but I can't help but do it again. HOW is this in 26th place? It's astounding that this is not even on the fringe of the fog.

I'm so glad it won a Best Loser Award. queenmob, I wish this would be printed!

venaros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages venaros
maryborn wrote:My first submission ever on this site was disallowed, but I'm not discouraged! This is my second submission which was inspired by my most recent obsession with "Skyward Sword." I thought it would be cute if Link were reincarnated in the "Star Wars" era using "Windwaker" style.

So I present, Link Skywalker!

Wish me luck!

I want this shirt so much! Like the others, I love how the Deathstar looks like the moon from Majora's Mask and how Navi is the training bot thing. If this doesn't get in the reckoning, find someway to print it up and I'll buy one or two!

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
trailsforus wrote:Can I get a fullsize picture of this without the shirt? Computer wallpaper needs to be this.

I might release it as a wallpaper at some point

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin

My favorite in this derby! Really hope it prints.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
ralfwolf wrote:where is it in the rules for this derby that says it has to be funny?

It would add some meaning to the shirt, since it's not one of those shirts where you just stare at it because it's so creative and unique or flabbergastingly awesome or simply beautiful art. I never said "All shirts must be funny" and I would never want all shirts to be funny.

I vote for shirts that I'll wear. Sure, some of them might be pop-culture; some might be funny; but others, I'll vote for the one that just plain looks amazing - it doesn't matter if it's funny or has some reference.

whovian42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whovian42
Re: Jammy Dodger

yay for doctor shirts, i love how this one isnt all "TARDIS!" obviously dr... nicely done, gmv

maryborn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryborn
Spiritgreen wrote:That's no moon, oh wait my mistake, it is.

Really nice first entry, Maryborn. I haven't got much in the way of critical feedback. Let's see... you could have had the moon smaller and more in the empty space of the sky, rather than as a background to Luke/Link. The foreground and background are slightly fighting for attention, maybe?

I think your style is very Woot friendly.

Thank you so much! Your comment means a lot to me because I absolutely love your shirt designs. I didn't really know what to do with the moon when I made the design. The best I thought of was to fade it into the background a bit.

allrealelements wrote:Agreed completely. Though I like the way the Navi training bot overlaps with the moon eye...

Fantastic design! Love the muted color choice, especially :D

Thank you very much =D The placement of Navi was the hardest thing to figure out.

venaros wrote:I want this shirt so much! Like the others, I love how the Deathstar looks like the moon from Majora's Mask and how Navi is the training bot thing. If this doesn't get in the reckoning, find someway to print it up and I'll buy one or two!

This comment just made my night! It would be so awesome if it did get in the reckoning, but if it doesn't I am for sure going to print the design. I need some memorabilia for my first woot design.

szquared

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szquared
Nickster4 wrote:Even as a huge Star Wars fan, I love this! Definitely made me chuckle and you got my vote! If it's not on shirt.woot, is there anywhere else to purchase it?

Thanks Nickster4, I'm new to this woot shirt contest, I'm new to this whole shirt thing in general (this is my second try at a shirt) I'll have to ask around the community here and find how people here go about bringing life to shirts that didn't win the contest.

Do i Have to wait 60 days as per the terms and conditions in the upload before I put it on red bubble? or is it best to submit to another contest site or even back here as a daily? any advice from would be great.

thanks.

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids
Re: How to make an electric mouse

I've always felt Woot needed Pokemon shirts. Got my vote!

bossclown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bossclown

I think I read way too much into this, but what I thought when I saw this is that Han died and the only thing Chewie has left to remember him by is this doll version of him. This shirt is depressing.

Re: Chewie and Han… Buddies Forever

ichbinderteufel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ichbinderteufel
Re: 7 deadly sins at the palace

I think I've voted twice on shirts. This being the second. That's how awesome it is.

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
HeartlineTwist wrote:A shirt completely dependent on a reference gets credit for originality?

Don't get me wrong, I voted for this shirt, but that just doesn't make much sense.

I disagree. This shirt is not dependent on a reference, at least not for me. I don't watch Firefly so I'm clueless. I'd be more likely to buy it for a friend thinking it was South Park (which I also don't watch). That being said, I like it and would wear it. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't love a dinosaur battle controlled by a crazy man (who is probably on some serious drugs)?

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081
Re: Wrong Droid (2.0)

Happy this made it back.
By the way, pull up both this and the rejected version in a tabbed browser (make sure both tabs scrolled all the way to the top) and hold down CTRL+Tab. It looks like Andy is being shocked - or maybe it is just way past my bed time.

allirosen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allirosen
Re: Ninjas in space (with dinosaurs)

This design is so awesome! I might have to quit woot forever if this doesn't print.

disturbed0ne

quality posts: 9 Private Messages disturbed0ne
Re: Use the (Tri)force, Link

Is it just me, or is his arm like creepy long?

cricketfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketfan
Re: It's inevitable (please revote!!!)

Damn, got to admit to being a geek and wanting one of these, even if Im in the 40+ range

cricketfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cricketfan
Re: Existential Whale

I need petunias dammit!

maryborn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryborn
Re: A pretty lousy day

I want this shirt so bad! If it doesn't make it on woot it better be made somewhere =D

annikki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annikki
Re: Like a Lumbering Leaf on the Wind

Oh. My. God. Want. Want, want, want. This rates up with Ponies of the Apocalypse for me.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Bunsen's Laboratory

Great concept, excellently played. I agree, yellow is a deal-breaker for me, but the design is flawless. I can almost hear the squishiness of Beaker's feet. If you decide to resubmit to another site under a different color, please let us know. I'd be in for at least one.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
VIIIofXIII wrote:What's the joke?

Maybe the joke is they are imperial pigeons...

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: cloning evolved

I don't expect the rejectionator will make another round, but for future reference, you can't put text in the thumbnail that doesn't appear on the actual shirt. Your design can be rejected for that.

tigryph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigryph
disturbed0ne wrote:Is it just me, or is his arm like creepy long?

It's windwaker style! :3 If you've seen the art, the style has very long arms, short stubby legs, and large heads.

~ Know God, Know love. No God, No love.~

ShiftyDevil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ShiftyDevil
Re: It's inevitable (please revote!!!)

Kenny is a "Red-Shirt" character, the "Red-Shirt" always died on Star Trek when they went to a planet, Kenny always dies on South Park. Get it? I think it's rather clever.

sbossb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbossb

Very cool!

Re: Wrong Droid (2.0)

avbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avbaby
Re: A storm is coming

its cute, and i get it. the storm is the death star, and the birds have picked a side. birds gathering on a line before a storm. cute.

ohaisup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohaisup
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • It joins a list of things I'll miss like fencing foils and lovely girls I'll never kiss.

It really is depressing that the rule on pop culture was lifted for this week. I really really want this shirt, but the popularity of people's favorite icons will probably bury this shirt :\

eravau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eravau
Re: Resub: Picardio: The next generation of fitness

I keep wanting to like it... but it just makes me cringe. Maybe I have too much respect for Patrick Steward... but this just feels wrong.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Woodland Exterminators

Cheers everyone, thanks for all your support!
Thanks toxicxchocobo, I'll be sure to let you know.

smassa71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smassa71
Re: Like a Lumbering Leaf on the Wind

Curse you sudden.. .. but inevitable betrayal!!!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Spock meets an lolcat
dreamyvelvet wrote:I keep coming back and looking at this one. And it makes me laugh every time. Great job!

Glad to make you laugh, thanks dreamyvelvet!

Spiritgreen wrote:This turned out nice, Jas'. :^)

The Meme Age is indeed the most illogical in human history. ::eats a Giga Pudding::

Thanks Spirit, and thanks for the pre-derby comments - he needed the eyebrow raise!

mjc613 wrote:If Spock's ears were smaller, this would be perfect

I did exaggerate them a bit... Glad you like it other than that though.

gigifeldt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gigifeldt
Re: resist

I love this design. If shirt woot won't make this tee shirt, you should take it to teefury or ript! I wants it so bad!

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Por-tail

Way to finish strong! Good job!

sombrillo

Re: You Should have Let him Win

Great job on all your entries! Looking forward to see what you come up with for the next derby!

sombrillo

Re: Meowtropolis

Too bad this didn't make it to the top - I definitely would have liked to wear this shirt!

sombrillo

Re: Han Who?

I likes!