PatMcNJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PatMcNJ
rubyrose2010 wrote:I LOVE this!!!!

I feel like a fruit salad, but can someone decipher this one for me? And I am a Star Trek fan. Is that Scotty wearing a parka?

ladynigelia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladynigelia
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Petunias have the worst luck.

While I love this scene, I don't find this to be obviously petunias enough to be a successful shirt.

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot
joemail11 wrote:Awww...Lookit him flolloping!

Haha...and willomying!

maniate1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maniate1
Re: Ahhh I love it so much! Firefly, make it come back! I'm getting this for my brother for christmas if it wins!Inevitable Betrayal

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi
PatMcNJ wrote:I feel like a fruit salad, but can someone decipher this one for me? And I am a Star Trek fan. Is that Scotty wearing a parka?

South Park.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Vallam wrote:It's probably too late now, but I have to say, the text forces the joke way too hard. It would be absolutely genius without it.

Nah, the text makes it for me.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
laurafoy wrote:I don't get it :S

I think in the movie Gremlins if you got them wet they multiplied.

suzer22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages suzer22
PatMcNJ wrote:I feel like a fruit salad, but can someone decipher this one for me? And I am a Star Trek fan. Is that Scotty wearing a parka?

The point is if South Park and Star trek merged, Kenny would be a red shirt. Very funny!

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb

coonsas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coonsas
VIIIofXIII wrote:The word "storm" is only used in the title and fails to relate the concept of stormtroopers to the concept of birds. And if these stormtrooper birds are preparing for an attack on the Death Star, or even an attack of the Death Star on something else, should they not be ON the Death Star instead of that far away from it?

I thought there might actually be some sort of pun or concept at play here that I was overlooking, but I guess not. Quelle surprise.

So maybe I'm just new at this so I actually read what the artist writes, but you'll notice he told you the joke: "Birds sit on a line before a storm." Thus the joke is birds wearing 'storm' trooper helmets sitting on a line as the approaching 'storm' of the death star approaches. And yes, prior to storms birds roost (for example on lines).

I thought it was funny. Gets a vote from me.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
twooten1985 wrote:A Clockwork Orange is a 1971 Sci-Fi Drama.

I think without the bowler hat, it doesn't come across as obviously from Clockwork Orange. If the brim of the hat were added I think it would come across cleaner - it would also get a +1 from me - I love the idea of adding ultracute to ultraviolence.

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier
Re: Robo Rival

there is a turf war... my money is on the one with the laser.

this one goes out to the 30+ that always knew, wall-e was a cheap knock-off of The Original.

2 colors on Slate

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Inevitable Betrayal

My girl friend and I are totally in for one each when this wins!

Lagbert

Re: Por-tail

He's chasing his tail - it's brilliant.

As for perspective it's obvious the vanishing point is in the center of the shirt. For the dog to be properly in perspective with the portals we should be able to see the back side of his rear legs and butt in the right portal. It would have been nice to have proper perspective on both halves of the dog, but the joke still reads well and is fun and cute.

Lagbert

Re: Wrong Droid

Brilliant! I always knew the jawas were mac fans.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Close Encounters of a Tasty Kind

I was told that to really do Kawaii, I had to do some sort of anamorphic food item (particularly a cupcake), so this was an attempt to do so (and a chance to try and practice "lighting" effects and halftones on black...

type40geekwithsam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages type40geekwithsam
Spiritgreen wrote:Aw, big thanks to the both of you. I've reached the hardcore Whovians then.

You have, my friend.
Im gonna watch some tonight in fact.
ALLONZ-Y!

type40geekwithsam

Re: Woodland Exterminators

The lack of good Dr. Who shirts (besides a couple hysterical ones) in this derby is deplorable
Thank you for adding another fantastic one.
:D

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
Re: How to make an electric mouse

How does spray painting and shocking a mouse give it the power to harness and attack other animals with electricity? I love Pokemon as much as the next guy, but I mean c'mon.

Also why did you completely hide his tail behind his back?

type40geekwithsam

SkyAlokar wrote:I would be much more likely to get this if it were the design AS the shirt, instead of on it.

YES. And perhaps ALL the hit zones were 10...
Poor Redshirts...

type40geekwithsam

suzer22 wrote:The point is if South Park and Star trek merged, Kenny would be a red shirt. Very funny!

Spock: You just killed Ltn. Kenny. That is an illogical course of action.
Alien: Not for this show...

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
VIIIofXIII wrote:I've got an Imperial insignia tattooed to my right arm; I recognize the questionably-rendered stormtrooper helmets.

I'm asking what the JOKE is.

Questionably rendered is right. I mean is there even a reason for the cutout beak hole section? There should be some helmet there.

And to answer your question, there is no joke. Just vote grabbing design. Animals + Pop Culture = Instant hit around here. It is sad, there are so many great designs that get ignored for stuff like this. Whats worse is Ramyb can be a darn good and thoughtful artist, but most of the time he just goes for the easy vote.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Even the communicator knows he is doomed

Even the communicator on the red shirt knows he isn't making it back to the ship.

srbaritono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srbaritono
wkusler wrote:If I could vote for this twice, I would.

Thanks!! ;)

kagamari

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kagamari

Love this shirt, Great job

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Even the communicator knows he is doomed

Even the communicator knows the red shirt isn't making it back to the ship.

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet
Re: Unidentified Flying Penguin

I have Big Love for your penguin shirts. I wear the Imposter shirt more than any other woot shirt. Hope this wins!

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
dcroe05 wrote:But Greedo was never in the palace. ;)

If this one prints I'll but it for sure.

It's his ghost! Returning to his boss!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Robo Rival

+1 from me, as it'd make a truly fab gift for my step-dad. (He sent me "Short Circuit" on DVD a few years back, and last X-Mas, I gave him a copy of "Wall-E")

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Adam7986 wrote:How does spray painting and shocking a mouse give it the power to harness and attack other animals with electricity? I love Pokemon as much as the next guy, but I mean c'mon.

Also why did you completely hide his tail behind his back?

Welcome to sci-fi. Things don't always make sense, but they try to. If you want 'definitely always make sense', go with hard sci-fi. That may be what you're after.

Also - copyright issues of course. Same reason there was no red paint involved (besides possible color limitations)

And, as a bit of an anti-Ramy person around here... I admit I at least laughed at this one. It's certainly stretching the derby a bit, but it does count. I voted for once.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

greg4734

quality posts: 3 Private Messages greg4734
Re: Escape

I haven't bought a woot shirt in 4 or 5 months, and this will break that streak. Please win!

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Made me laugh... i.e. much better than usual.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana

Wash FTW!!

Starion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Starion
blanked wrote:I think in the movie Gremlins if you got them wet they multiplied.

That, or Yoda is actually female. Yes. Look at the picture with that in mind, first to Luke, then to what Lea said, then to Yoda.

You're welcome.

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
mwbukowski87 wrote:this is the coolest shirt ever. i may cry if it doesn't print. GMV!

I'm with you. I will cry if it doesn't print

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
byrbwr wrote:not much kawaii, all i see is sci-fi. and not even your own sci-fi.

Text, pop-culture, all that stuff is fair game

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Portal Testing

"Portal Testing"

swuster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swuster

There is going to be a wave of people speaking out against this shirt for the usual reasons and unfortunately this time I'm among them.

Love your other shirts though! Keep on pumping em out, this one just doesn't cut it for me.

sarahthebibliophile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahthebibliophile
Re: Inevitable Betrayal

I don't think it needed the caption.

GMV anyway, though.

DatTanMan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DatTanMan
Re: Escape

I love this! I like seeing full sized designs. I also like the art style.