viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
warmice wrote:Boooooo! Wrong Droid was wronged! These are not the shirts I wanted!

If you can read thank a teacher.
If you can read in English thank a Marine.

I am able to read in English, but why should I thank a marine for it?

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I heard that this scene was about Fox giving Firefly a bad time slot. And...you know the whole pilot wasn't the first episode thing.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Nice! Congrats!

checkthisball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages checkthisball

I will buy all firefly reference shirts! Do not test me in this. You will fail!

dekatria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dekatria

I love Firefly more than anyone, but I just can't buy this shirt. It's too similar to the thinkgeek one (Which i already own and wear religiously) and it really didn't feel original for the derby. They said "no Capt. Picard with button eyes" and here's heroin-addict Wash, with zombie eyes. This is the first time I've felt shirt.woot totally sold themselves out.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

"Unfortunately the bio of nblottie was cancelled before it had a chance to HOMETOWN?"

That doesn't make any sense.

Meredythe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meredythe
dcpotts wrote:+1 re: Mals post duel quotes.. or pre-duel... or dueling!

Serenity on USA network in 22hrs from this post.
AND They're in the middle of the Gina Torres/"Jasmine" arc of Angel on Turner (2 episodes every weekday morning @5amCST).
Yes, I wake up at 5a to get my pre-work Whedon in with my Wheaties (I feel like there should be some Wheaton in there)... and I'm like, old.
*skips away singing "Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes! They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses! And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anywayyy? Bunnies..."

Or it could be witches, some evil witches...

shirtsforchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtsforchris

ThinkGeek has a shirt with dinosaurs and the quote. It's a more subtle reference which I appreciate more.

shirtsforchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtsforchris
shirtsforchris wrote:ThinkGeek has a shirt with dinosaurs and the quote. It's a more subtle reference which I appreciate more.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/baf9/?srp=2

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

Now that I understand the reference, this shirt is great!!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
dekatria wrote:This is the first time I've felt shirt.woot totally sold themselves out.

Don't blame Woot ... blame the voters.

(FWIW, I like a lot of Nicolas' work, but this one just didn't speak to me ...)

meepee wrote:"Unfortunately the bio of nblottie was cancelled before it had a chance to ...

finish. Firefly didn't finish airing when it was cancelled.

BTW, some parts of Serenity was filmed at the local high school here.

drksky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drksky
kawaiimika wrote:It sure does remind me of another shirt: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/baf9/

Yeah, but that one sucks.

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Thank you so much to everyone that supported this shirt! This was such an amazing comp this week with so many great entries, it's an honor to have made top three.

spatulachic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spatulachic

I came to Firefly right after Serenity had been released, so I find myself able to love the show without the burning anger at FOX because it was old news.

For the first time ever, I feel compelled to buy matching mother/son shirts for me and my 5-year-old son - this is the only scene he's ever watched on Firefly, but he knows the line by heart and it cracks me up when I hear him spout it while he's playing with *his* dinosaurs. So while I'm not usually a t-shirt buyer, this one's kind of a must. It may not be the best or my favorite Firefly quote, but it still makes me laugh every time I hear it.

cmader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmader
chrisprender wrote:I like the design, but I had to go to the write-up to clear up the backstory. I shamefully have to admit that I haven't seen Firefly yet.

...I'll see myself out.

There's nothing to be ashamed of. It was a terrible show hence the reason it only lasted one season and the movie flopped.

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
cmader wrote:There's nothing to be ashamed of. It was a terrible show hence the reason it only lasted one season and the movie flopped.

Blasphemy! Sacrilege and whatnot!
There aren't enought pitchforks and torches to express what I feel for you.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

While I am a huge Firefly/Serenity fan, I will pass on this shirt. When the Serenity movie came out a group of us used my friends screen print gear to print up about 6 designs she created with various quotes and graphics (this was one of them). We all wore them to the free pre-screening they had in Portland which, I have to say, is the absolute most awesome movie going experience of my life (more for the fans and excitement than the actual movie quality). I still have the shirts and will never part with them. They were far more cool than anything commercial that was made.

shirtmonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtmonster

Amazing shirt! Without a doubt instantly ordering one. Not to mention, perfect present and just in the time for Christmas.

This and the robot one, which was already printed, where the only two designs I was interested in. Thrilled both got printed.

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM

My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

ragtop49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragtop49
Rudeboy2025 wrote:

I love Alan Tudyk and I miss Firefly!

"Ditto, and thanks for the clip...now I have to go put on the DVDs! Wondered what I was going to do today"! :-)

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

I'm afraid I can't be friends with some of you. I am halfway through a Firefly marathon this week. It is tied for second of my all-time favorite shows. I can't explain it to the haters and I guess I just can't understand them, either. Even my mother liked the show.

I did, however, think South Park when I first saw the shirt design.

warmice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages warmice
viciousspike wrote:I am able to read in English, but why should I thank a marine for it?

Because if not for the Marines standing watch over America who knows what other country might have tried to take over this great nation of ours.

Oh and I happen to be both, Marine and teacher.

dasknave

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dasknave

I decided last night that I needed to sleep on this one. As I lay in bed, I got a text from my dad asking for my shirt size because he was getting one for my sister. I'm the one that introduced her and him to Firefly at the beginning of the year.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
matrim108 wrote:Thank you for articulating exactly how I feel about this show. It's a good show, but I'll never understand the level of love people have for it.

It succeeded on many levels. It was a western soap opera and a sci-fi show. It was about a group of misfits who formed a sort of family and stood up for each other. It was about a group of underdogs who fought for a living against an oppressive regime. It was about a bunch of thieves who, unlike the non-thieves, still had a code of honor.

But the best things about it, IMHO, were the way you could empathize with the characters, and the great dialog. The clip of Wash playing with his dino toys is just one example of many.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
warmice wrote:Because if not for the Marines standing watch over America who knows what other country might have tried to take over this great nation of ours.

I had no idea the Marines were responsible for digging the holes for the two oceans that separate us from the rest of the world. Thank you so much!

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

dumbxblonde07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dumbxblonde07
Stark wrote:There was an Arrested Development shirt?

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=21286

A lot of people don't get the joke in this one - I got it and everytime I wear it, someone asks what it is supposed to mean - but it's a reference to the lessons Bluth Sr. used to teach his kids with the one-armed man

whosemoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whosemoose

Makes me wish I had watched the show, lol.

warmice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages warmice
eco2geek wrote:I had no idea the Marines were responsible for digging the holes for the two oceans that separate us from the rest of the world. Thank you so much!

Your welcome! Someone has to do it so that you can woot in peace.

brickfrenzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brickfrenzy

I am building a Lego version of Serenity. This shall prove to be a wonderful motivator. Shirt'd!

headbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages headbunny

Just bought two of these as stocking stuffers for my kid and his friend while they are watching TV just a few feet away from me, Bwahh haa haa!

pachonga9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pachonga9

I cannot express to you the joy Woot has brought me this day. AUTO-BUY!

socrates2851

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socrates2851

Take my love
Take my land
Take my money, this shirt's grand.

I don't care
I know it's not free
Still, please send me this asphalt tee.

Narfcake

Debut day - 3975.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: jackthelast
Last purchase time: Sunday, December 04, 2011, 11:59:18 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 21.736s
Woot wage: $3,751.82
Woots sold: 3973

Last wooter to woot: jackthelast
Last purchase time: Sunday, December 04, 2011, 11:59:18 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 21.725s
Woot wage: $3,751.82
Woots sold: 3975

Last wooter to woot: fueledbyramen
Last purchase time: Monday, December 05, 2011, 12:03:27 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 21.782s
Woot wage: $3,741.03
Woots sold: 3976

First day = 3975
Let's "Home-Off"

uskrewed

quality posts: 18 Private Messages uskrewed
spanchenblow wrote:Why isn't this on brown?

^ lol . Also I missed this Please bring it back as a hoodie!

Narfcake

uskrewed wrote:^ lol . Also I missed this Please bring it back as a hoodie!

Bring it back? You can still buy it. And it was never offered as a hoodie.

HypnoticSheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HypnoticSheep

I would've bought this in a heartbeat if not for Wash's weird zombie eyes.

caracalcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caracalcat
Nodwick wrote:I like the art, but the quote/concept for this shirt has been available in varying forms and degrees of quality for ages.

It's like the "come to the dark side, we have cookies" tees; just about every printer has a version for sale.

its firefly, its awesome. if you dont know it, then decorateing watch firefly!!! its one of those shirts where if you get it then its awesome and if you dont, then pass over it. not every w00t shirt you have to get. dont knock something just cuz you dont get the reference

ruesta14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruesta14

Great Shirt, Great Show. I now own a Woot! shirt for about all of my favorite shows.

weigelcam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weigelcam

question-i have never ordered multiples until this shirt (LOVE IT!) but did any of you multiple order people here get multiple packages? i did overnight due to its christmas presents but only one came and only one tracking number assigned- has anyone else had this issue before? did it turn out okay?--updated!!! got the issue settled ! thank you woot!