cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

of the posted designs, i'd buy:
- Aubergine,
- Red Potion (on esthetic grounds. not sure why it pleases my eye so, but it does),
- Level Up,
- Lair of the Black Cat (IMHO the joke would be easier to get if the title was added),
- Critical Hit (my fave. funny and very good looking)

maybe iTroll too, but i don't like the colour grey.

the Occupy line is smart and funny and makes an important point, but i don't like the visualisation enough to buy. why not show some greedy dragon(s)?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Thanks a lot cptgone, Rad and hookajoe.

And especially nblottie for catching the white text. Fixed now! @_@ Phew, thanks. ^_^

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

Did one more last night:

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
lyonscc wrote:Did one more last night:

I have one suggestion for this shirt--I wish the dice were closer together. Right now, they are too far apart to make the design as cohesive as it could be.

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo

Giving this group of talented designers a whole week to create is bound to result in an abundance of excellent and polished entries. Should be an exciting week!

lyonscc

missmissa07 wrote:I have one suggestion for this shirt--I wish the dice were closer together. Right now, they are too far apart to make the design as cohesive as it could be.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll see what I can do to fix that on my lunch break!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Spiritgreen wrote:Wow, cool stuff. I'm already losing track of all the awesomeness.

(Randy, I would totally play that game so my brain must be similarly broken!)

Here's mine:

Damn you, Spirit! -climbs on your head like a monkey- You are amazing, dude. I always know to expect terrific stuff from you, and this is no exception! Awesome, I shall be voting for sure.

Also I owe you two jiggle cats, cause I missed your last print >_<;;

artgirl929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artgirl929

Here is one of my entries. and that's -140 character points for you.

xerexerex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerexerex
cptgone wrote:of the posted designs, i'd buy:
- Aubergine,
- Red Potion (on esthetic grounds. not sure why it pleases my eye so, but it does),
- Level Up,
- Lair of the Black Cat (IMHO the joke would be easier to get if the title was added),
- Critical Hit (my fave. funny and very good looking)

maybe iTroll too, but i don't like the colour grey.

the Occupy line is smart and funny and makes an important point, but i don't like the visualisation enough to buy. why not show some greedy dragon(s)?

I like the Lair of the Black Cat and would prefer it stay without a title.

I also really like Critical Hit, but think it could do without the title.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
bassanimation wrote:Damn you, Spirit! -climbs on your head like a monkey- You are amazing, dude. I always know to expect terrific stuff from you, and this is no exception! Awesome, I shall be voting for sure.

Also I owe you two jiggle cats, cause I missed your last print >_<;;

:blush:

Thanks Bass! I tried to keep my ever-wandering style closer to how I sketch out ideas on paper this time. Still took me flippin' forever to draw.

I figure you don't really owe me a Mr Jiggles because he already showed up once in October. One public appearance per month should be my Jiggles limit. ;-P

Je5ster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Je5ster

I agree, Lair of the Black Cat without the wording.

OBEY is very, very cool.

lyonscc

Je5ster wrote:I agree, Lair of the Black Cat without the wording.

OBEY is very, very cool.

I guess Obey was too much of a shoehorn (sigh). I'll save and submit in a future derby.

higgyce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages higgyce

I know its waaayyy off topic but I wanted to share my son's first birthday cake with all of my fellow wooters! (especially since it was inspired by a winning shirt from a few weeks back!)...its my first time decorating a cake and planning his party has kept me from making any attempt worth submitting for this derby...hope everyone gets a kick out of the cake though!

Pineapplesf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pineapplesf

Finally a derby I really like. I wish they would print more than 3. Seems unfair.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

I'm really happy to see a lack of pop culture references in this derby.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

I'm a little miffed that I didn't have more time to initially work on my stuff, buuut I eventually pulled it off. And man there's some sweet entries. Many that just make me smile -- when a shirt makes me smile, that is a good shirt. :D

Je5ster

I'm getting on a soapbox for a moment here, and then I will be done.

This derby had so much potential, but when the Powers That Be decided that it would include video games, the derby became the 8-Bit in Everyday life part 2. There are so may things that could have been on this, but I am disappointed.

end of rant.

cliff75

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cliff75

Not a single "mom's basement" joke? I feel let down.

cliff75

Je5ster wrote:I'm getting on a soapbox for a moment here, and then I will be done.

This derby had so much potential, but when the Powers That Be decided that it would include video games, the derby became the 8-Bit in Everyday life part 2. There are so may things that could have been on this, but I am disappointed.

end of rant.

Really? Cause it looks like 50 ways to depict a 20-sided die to me.

cliff75

cliff75 wrote:Not a single "mom's basement" joke? I feel let down.

Have a picture of a solitude 20-something gamer wearing a wizard's hat rolling high-multi-sided die in a basement.

Above the pic "Charisma = 0".

---Wish I had an artistic bone in my body.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
cliff75 wrote:Have a picture of a solitude 20-something gamer wearing a wizard's hat rolling high-multi-sided die in a basement.

Above the pic "Charisma = 0".

apropos of nothing, how about posting a photo of yourself?

//gazes innocently at screen

no1

Je5ster wrote:There are so may things that could have been on this, but I am disappointed.

what did you hope to see?

Je5ster

no1 wrote:what did you hope to see?

I was hoping for things like:
(from Call of Cthulhu) Sanity loss from the Unnameable thing in the refrigerator.
(from Paranoia!) IGNORE THIS SHIRT, VIEWING THIS SHIRT CONSTITUTES THOUGHT CRIME AND IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH.
THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND... Be Happy! Failure to comply will result in termination.
(from Teenagers from Outer Space)line up of Earth Teen, Near Human, not very near human, Real Weirdy
(from Over the Edge) the classic tie t-shirt with a noose rather than a tie
Something about only the Peace Force can have firearms.

These are just a few thoughts... not to mention: RIFTS (et all), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the rpg... not the actual turtles), TOON, Cyberpunk, Gurps (a genre for EVERYTHING), Champions Hero System...

Ok... sorry, got on my high-horse again...

no1

Je5ster wrote:I was hoping for things like:
(from Call of Cthulhu) Sanity loss from the Unnameable thing in the refrigerator.
(from Paranoia!) IGNORE THIS SHIRT, VIEWING THIS SHIRT CONSTITUTES THOUGHT CRIME AND IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH.
THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND... Be Happy! Failure to comply will result in termination.
(from Teenagers from Outer Space)line up of Earth Teen, Near Human, not very near human, Real Weirdy

These are just a few thoughts... not to mention: RIFTS (et all), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the rpg... not the actual turtles), TOON, Cyberpunk, Gurps (a genre for EVERYTHING), Champions Hero System...

you could have subbed these yourself, you know! occasionally people do collaborate...

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface

Someone needs to make a Fallout "Overencumbered" themed shirt.

7wootboy45

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 7wootboy45

When is the next derby? Where will it be announced on shirt.woot?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

7wootboy45 wrote:When is the next derby? Where will it be announced on shirt.woot?

For the answer to your questions, I direct you to the shirt.woot FAQ entry for the derby. I clarify that the location of the weekly announcements and other sundry derby topics/notifications/posts are within these forums, as one may see with but a cursory perusal of the front pages of the World of Woot Shirts and Derbies forums. They usually look like... well, like the title and first post of this thread within which you posted. Hope that helps!

hmglass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmglass
Je5ster wrote:I was hoping for things like:

i think i just lost my nerd card. uhwha???

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls

I love so many of these, but I think i'd be embarrassed to wear most of them

Je5ster

hmglass wrote:i think i just lost my nerd card. uhwha???

You should be able to google each game I listed, hmglass.