ksamarin88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksamarin88
Re: My Quiver

OCH! MISTLETOE FRENCHING? GROSS!! I must have, actually named my dog Leroy Jenkins! Which is epic when he starts barking during WOWing and I absent-mindedly yell "Damnit Leroy!!"

ksamarin88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksamarin88
ksamarin88 wrote:OCH! MISTLETOE FRENCHING? GROSS!! I must have, actually named my dog Leroy Jenkins! Which is epic when he starts barking during WOWing and I absent-mindedly yell "Damnit Leroy!!"

Nice, that was my bad for using it! I was bamboozled!!

MarlosTiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarlosTiger
thatrobert wrote:Not a spell fail -- please look it up. Glamer is an older word and is commonly used in D&D when talking about magic armor. There is also a separate specific spell that is spelled Glamour.

I was not aware of the 'Glamer' spelling of the word, only being familiar with the 'Glamour' spelling from my AD&D 2nd days. I'm cool with it either way and enjoy thinking of it like a 'trendy corporate spelling' on the shirt. It's their trademarked name for the otherwise non-special process, like 'Hi-Powah' or 'Flavor-Blazted'. If those elfing about it would look at it that way, they might like it better. And if that corporate buzzword has a pop-culture meaning that the company doesn't know about, then all the better.

Also, this shirt is significantly different from the green one, having only a loose resemblance in concept and completely different execution.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
paigeg wrote:I think post length made Woot truncate the quote I was replying to but....
"Glamer" I will agree that it's an archaic Scots word that has since evolved into 'glamor' and 'glamour'. Still, it reads more like a joke - 'G-Lamer', as others have pointed out above. I guess I get it, whichever way you want to justify it. But to the masses, it's either a spell fail or a disparaging reference to underwear gamers. I'd go with the spell fail and just work with it.

Maybe it was lost in the discussion, but if you look in the D&D manual for this, it would be spelled "Glamer". I'm not choosing an archaic word for the fun of it, I'm just following the appropriate geek reference. I can guarantee you if I spelled it "glamour", some purists would be complaining.

staryeyddreamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages staryeyddreamer
Re: Cotton Armor

I need this now. The pocket of holding kills me.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Facing Down the Dragon

I like it.

move along

SarahLandau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SarahLandau
Re: A Little Dice Music

I'm enamoured. Special props for being a dual major in geekology, with RPG and a Mozart pun.

lonelypond

quality posts: 424 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Caffeine Power Up

feeling more awake just looking at it, which is good.

lonelypond

Re: Occupy Dungeons

shiny

lonelypond

Re: Cotton Armor

Simply entertaining. Before reading thread, I just assumed Glamer TM was a clever rebranding of the more usual glamour

darkfate00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkfate00
Re: Forest Fantasy

Id buy this shirt even if it were just the chick Chocobo. That's freaken adorable.

joemail11

quality posts: 34 Private Messages joemail11
Re: Kitty evolution

An RPG has a character or group of characters that you control and usually, create, as they progress through a fictional storyline. Throughout the game, you gradually power up the skills, stats, and equipment of your characters as the enemies get progressively tougher, eventually culminating in a boss battle. Thus, Pokemon is certainly an RPG, as you level up and evolve your monsters to prepare for tougher trainers and, eventually, the Elite Four. Halo, however, is not an RPG, as your pre-defined character's skills remain constant throughout the game. Mario games are not RPGs for the same reason.

Therefore, the topic of this shirt is firmly in the realm of this derby.

ldvaughn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ldvaughn
Re: roll players only

Yeah, I agree, Love it. I'm not a huge fan of the color, but I love the design so much I can completely ignore that. Same goes for the "iTroll" shirt. I love it and I swear it's not getting the votes it deserves. Cracks me up.

BonusPts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BonusPts
Re: He Has His Mothers Voice

I'm still keeping hope up that this wins, I've tried to spread it on a few message boards hoping that others will do the same. I've been completely disappointed in the lack of Skyrim shirts so far, this one needs some credit.

purplecak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplecak
Re: High School Class

What's a "barbarbarian?" Is this some geek joke I'm not privy to?

kopitog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kopitog

Nice Shirt! However, it looks like that wand on the left isn't on fire or anything, which makes me question whether that mouse is really role-playing, or just magical.

Gabriel Kopito

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
SarahLandau wrote:I'm enamoured. Special props for being a dual major in geekology, with RPG and a Mozart pun.

Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would get the pun. I traveled with a choir & chamber ensemble through Europe one summer in the eighties, and the chamber group played A Little Night Music at almost every performance...

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
Re: CatBroomMop!

I think this is the most creative on-theme idea this week

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
purplecak wrote:What's a "barbarbarian?" Is this some geek joke I'm not privy to?

Barberbarian = a barbarian who cuts hair
Babarbarian = a babarian who is an elephant

Barbarbarian = I have not a bloody clue ...

krazyito65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyito65
Re: Internet effects

I like the caption, not really sure about the picture.

lovelyday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovelyday
Re: Encounter

too much like "the perfect moment." the text doesn't really work here, either, for me.

szacoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szacoc
Re: Fitness Fantasy (resub)

Off-topic? Seriously? If this is what qualifies as off-topic you're going to have to reject 80% of this week's submissions.

dren89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dren89
Re: Dot Dot Dot

Hilarious. I got the joke after the vid, showed the shirt to my bf and he got it straightaway.

nwizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwizard

At first sight I thought it was Battle Royale inspired.. GMV btw

renouxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renouxa

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay
HeartlineTwist wrote:In other news, gold now equals American dollars in the minds of posters here...

LOVE this shirt! I hope it makes it to the top ... I have a son in college who changed degrees this year (thus more time in college) ... so this really applies! Good luck!

This is my FIRST time to the derby ... but I'm a regular shirt woot purchaser.

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee
Re: Occupy Dungeons

Wow this is a genius idea! Props~

kannaya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kannaya

I know right!? Haha I was thinking the same thing. This is an adorable shirt and I would love to wear it. I might even have to start drinking coffee again from seeing this.

Great work and doesn't look like a stolen design to me!!!!

mobealeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mobealeart

Wow, I was apparently really tired when I did the text for this. I'll resub later this afternoon.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
darkfate00 wrote:Id buy this shirt even if it were just the chick Chocobo. That's freaken adorable.

He's a Chick-a-bo! :D:D:D

Thanks so much everyone!

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
szacoc wrote:Off-topic? Seriously? If this is what qualifies as off-topic you're going to have to reject 80% of this week's submissions.

I see no RPG element in this shirt myself.

Fuzzypaws

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fuzzypaws
Re: Critical Hit

Make this another vote for "I wish I could get this as a print instead." If we keep asking for it, maybe Woot will give it to us. :3

Fuzzypaws

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fuzzypaws
Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

I must have this ;_;

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
fabgab wrote:House can't be a cleric. He's a total atheist.

On the other hand, a lot of players completely ignore the religious aspect because the actual function is "We need a medic. Okay, who's stuck with the cleric role?"

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
Re: The Grind

I don't know how it happens, but my favorite shirts always end up in #11. Maybe if I remove my vote, it'll get printed.... *glum*

kittylynn410

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittylynn410
Re: Caffeine Power Up

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this shirt! The stats make it perfect. I MUST HAVE THIS! (if you knew my daily caffeine intake you would understand that this shirt is perfect for me)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Full time wizard
cptgone wrote:That's not roleplaying, it's common sense ;)

Love the joke, nice graphics too (the glow really helps)!

Thanks cptgone - I appreciate the details too, I was wondering about the glow!

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
polezrael wrote:This shirt already exists.

http://www.geeknative.com/18866/gamer-girl-t-shirts-yes-theyre-natural-d20-boobies/

http://www.zazzle.com/d20_yes_they_are_natural_tshirt-235725918340724881

http://www.pegasuspublishing.com/Yes-Theyre-Natural-D-20-Shirt-p-28621.html

Huh - well unbeknownst... er un-be- knowist(?) whatever.... I guess it's bond to happen with these shirt designs, stumbling across a completed design elsewhere. Believe me it was purely coincedental.

Thanks for the support wolfgaiden! I'll get one up here eventually.

merrybug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merrybug
Re: He Has His Mothers Voice

Talk about awkward family photos! lol

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather
paaiyan wrote:I see no RPG element in this shirt myself.

You mean other than the very obvious RPG video game characters on the treadmills? I personally don't like all of the video game references in this derby, but they were okayed in the pre-derby thread, so this should not have been rejected.