frazelle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frazelle
Re: Have You Seen My Stapler

Hahahahaha, this is great! I need this in a 5x7 framed on my desk!

spyyderray

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spyyderray
vraith wrote:This is an awesome design. I think it is the best fit for the theme--too many other people don't seem to get that RPGs and computer RPGs are not the same thing.

I just wish this had been submitted earlier, since I don't know if it has enough time now to gain the votes it needs to win.

I wish I had gotten it in earlier too, vraith! Curse these wicked, end of semester finals!!! *shakes fist*

Well, at least I've gotten lots of awesome and positive feedback from the community about this design, I wasn't sure how it'd be taken at first. I'll always have that at least...

sanishcoale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanishcoale
Re: Kitty evolution

Legit.

necoras

quality posts: 4 Private Messages necoras

Staff

paaiyan wrote:I see no RPG element in this shirt myself.

It's very obviously a riff on the original Final Fantasy combat screen. See: http://allgamesplayed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Final_Fantasy_I_Battle-300x267.png

noahv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noahv
Re: Mog Dog

I love this! Please print.

Bigsquid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigsquid

I love the Skyrim shirt...

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan

I totally thought this was a Ramyb from the thumb.

I've no idea why these chibi animal designs dominate derbies so hard...maybe because the derby voters are predominantly middle-aged women? That's the only thing that would make sense.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus
Re: iTroll

I see trollface!!

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus
Re: Shirt 3 Defense

I like simplicity GMV

thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Critical Hit

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • We can drown in mixed emotions or walk across an angry sea; this is the cost of being free.

thatrobert

Re: Grade points -4

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • We can drown in mixed emotions or walk across an angry sea; this is the cost of being free.

thatrobert

Re: Checkpoints

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Of Monsters and RPGs

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Eggplant of Justice

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Kitchen Arsenal

• This is not SPAM.

lisadanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisadanger

I hope this gets an Editor's choice. Favorite of the derby.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

I just realized I never commented here....so...I concur with prior comments and I hope to see this one print.

move along

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: choose wisly

Best. Entry. Ever.

khonrichan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages khonrichan
Re: He Has His Mothers Voice

I got a really hearty laugh out of this. This made me smile. I hope to see it somewhere else if it doesn't win here.

Stercrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stercrazy
Oxyminoan wrote:I totally thought this was a Ramyb from the thumb.

I've no idea why these chibi animal designs dominate derbies so hard...maybe because the derby voters are predominantly middle-aged women? That's the only thing that would make sense.

I can honestly say that I have seen TONS of guys wearing cute animal designs that have printed on Woot. Perhaps they're just more popular than you think?

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot
Re: Inner Dragon

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments!

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
Stercrazy wrote:I can honestly say that I have seen TONS of guys wearing cute animal designs that have printed on Woot. Perhaps they're just more popular than you think?

Yup. I rarely see girls wearing any Woot bunny shirts. It's often college aged guys. Most of the Woot shirts I see on girls are the more art-heavy designs. Trees. Girls love trees! Boys love bunnies? The universe is a mysterious place.

As for the design of the bunnies themselves, I was going for a simple, readable look for them without being too close to Ramy's art. Sometimes I feel a simpler character is necessary if you're trying to show a joke or concept clearly. It was my way of making the bunnies sort of general while still being cute or appealing to people. Sometimes I make my characters too cracky and it turns people off. ^^;

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi
Re: Forest Fantasy

Love, love, love this shirt except for the shirt color kelly green. It's a tough color for most people to wear.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: I Fold Under Pressure

Best rejection ever.

eiknip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eiknip

Very Mouseguard. My husband would love it!

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: Character Shirt

Rules is rules, and I'm not arguing an exception. But I will just say I hate when I see "similar shirt exists" and discover the similar shirt has so much worse execution.

cleverlittleplatypus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cleverlittleplatypus
Re: He Has His Mothers Voice

This is fantastic. It would make an excellent gift for all my Skyrim playing friends... and myself.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
saiedp wrote:Really beautiful shirt. 'Smarts' does seem a bit out of place. If 'intelligence' is too long, 'constitution' could replace 'stamina' to balance it out

Also sad to see no reference to EXP!

Depending on what that degree is in, it is entirely possible (if not more likely than not) that our plucky graduate has earned next to nothing useful in the realm of EXP.

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
fuzzycorgi wrote:Love, love, love this shirt except for the shirt color kelly green. It's a tough color for most people to wear.

I hear you. Not everyone can do the green tees . This is actually the grass green though, which is easier to wear than the kelly green. That one is pretty vibrant. I think I only have one kelly green tee, from one of my first derbies!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Woop! Thanks Robert. :^)

amozarte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amozarte
paaiyan wrote:I see no RPG element in this shirt myself.

-10 to Nerd Cred

mudhutters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mudhutters
sombrillo wrote:The competition was exceptionally tough in this derby, especially since the theme was announced a week ahead of time. I've seen what a great designer you are - don't let this week's finish discourage you!

There are so many impressive and clever designs this week I'm blown away! I'm not discouraged though, actually sort of excited to keep trying. Thanks for your encouragement, I appreciate it!

amozarte

Re: Final Fantasy Football

Best design I've seen this Derby.

amozarte

captainsuperdawg wrote:How do dungeonmaster and Sauron mix? That's where I'm a bit confused.

I have to agree. Started as a pretty rad design, but it lost something after being shoe-horned into the topic.

amozarte

Re: Pike Pocket

Good for a chuckle, good for a vote!

amozarte

pkagel wrote:I'd like it better without the text but still, it gets a vote from me.

/agree

gypsyharte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gypsyharte

I love the green! More green,less ashtray gray.
and as a "middle aged woman" I hardly ever wear adorable bunnies, but I will wear these!!!

bassanimation wrote:I hear you. Not everyone can do the green tees . This is actually the grass green though, which is easier to wear than the kelly green. That one is pretty vibrant. I think I only have one kelly green tee, from one of my first derbies!

heartflux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
Re: Full time wizard

Nice change of pace with the black shirt, Jasneko! (Let the record show that I am very fond of your usual blue/greens.)

I woot, therefore I am.

heathenflower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heathenflower

Gasp! This isn't getting enough votes and I really really want one!