Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Ahh. You beat me to it.

D3lusional wrote:Best. Entry. Ever.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
bassanimation wrote:He's not supposed to be anyone in particular. The idea I had was sort of an eastern fantasy meets western fantasy. In western style fantasy rpg, there's usually a guy who is the 'king' or 'lord' that everyone's serving. Even at places like ren faires, there's a guy who is the king. So that was sort of the idea here. ^_^. In hindsight I might should have made him a knight ^^;. I just always think of the really loud, boisterous kings from larping, heh.

Thanks so much for the votes and support!

I like the shirt so much more after the explanation- I thought it was all a FF thing that I didn't understand, but I am all over a east vs west RPG battle :-)

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
Re: Forest Fantasy

Love how quick this made it into the fog! It was up easily 24 hours after posting. Had my vote when I first saw it and will buy on day 2...when bass makes money on every shirt

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: Cotton Armor

I just... need a real pocket. That would earn this shirt 20 cool points. The glamer debut sold my vote though- any shirt that can spark a d&d based debate is worth buying.

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29
IgnatiusRiley wrote:If this doesn't win, why, I could... I could shut this whole site down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing website. I could write a letter to your board of woot and I could have this place condemned. I could put... I could put... strychnine in Ramy's penguins.

Too funny! This shirt HAS to win!!

rowanmikaio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanmikaio
udontease wrote:sexist shirt doesn't work for me... want but doesn't make sense... Can we have a reverse version of this? >:[

I don't think the shirt is the sexist one if you think that anything should change if you reverse the situation.

Seriously, you can't complain about sexism and ask to switch the sexes to make it better at the same time. Thanks.

fjrrider

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fjrrider
Re: First, Choose Your Race And Class [revised]

Perhaps Species rather than Race?

AnonymousG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnonymousG
Re: He Has His Mothers Voice

Dragons, Skyrim, a dad who looks like David Cross. What's not to love?

This better get made into a shirt.

AnonymousG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnonymousG
Re: Obey the DM

The only thing that kills this for me is "the dungeonmaster." Get rid of that and you have a instant buy.

jed5364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jed5364
Re: He Has His Mothers Voice

if this doesn't get made I might have to take an arrow to the knee

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
AnonymousG wrote:The only thing that kills this for me is "the dungeonmaster." Get rid of that and you have a instant buy.

That was the original design, but it was rejected. I'll resub the original someday when it fits better...

bobqmccracken

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobqmccracken
rowanmikaio wrote:I don't think the shirt is the sexist one if you think that anything should change if you reverse the situation.

Seriously, you can't complain about sexism and ask to switch the sexes to make it better at the same time. Thanks.

As a college student, I'd sport it.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Of Monsters and RPGs

Reminds me a 'Where the Wild Things Are'. Lovely image, one of the few in the derby I would have happily purchased.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Exohdus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exohdus

I know it's ultra nerdy but am I the only one noticing the tauren on the ID badge when Leeroy was a human paladin?

krwdserfur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krwdserfur

Voted, played D2 for years

Zelemetal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zelemetal

What system uses a d8?

Zelemetal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zelemetal
rirodriq wrote:Done in the style of an XKCD Comic. I'm pretty sure you can't copyright a stick figure, though I think it came out pretty well.

What system uses a d8?

spyyderray

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spyyderray
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • We can drown in mixed emotions or walk across an angry sea; this is the cost of being free.

Hurray, I got something after all! : D

rirodriq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rirodriq
Zelemetal wrote:What system uses a d8?

Honestly, I don't know. I used that style of dice because it looked kinda recognizable to me as a rpg dice of some sort, but to tell you the truth I have never ever once played an table-top rpg game.

zachmedia

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zachmedia

This shirt MUST WIN

That's How Sue Cs It

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Super cute characters Bassanimation! I want to pet all of them!:D

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
thurdl01 wrote:Rules is rules, and I'm not arguing an exception. But I will just say I hate when I see "similar shirt exists" and discover the similar shirt has so much worse execution.

SSE is such an arbitrary ruling. Subject to the whims of the Committee for the Rejection of Non-Fogged Designs (CRNFD?)

move along

Bandrik

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Bandrik
Re: Time for Adventure!

I loved this game as a kid. The dragons were kind of scary when they roared and chased me... but my trusty "arrow sword" kept them at bay.

My favorite item was the purple bridge. I loved how you could "cheat" and go through walls with it. Coolest item ever! Even more useful than a portal gun!

Bandrik

Re: Encounter

I love the color choices. So simple, yet appealing. +1

Bandrik

Re: What's for breakfast?

I second the notion. I wish I could buy these in real life. There's probably a site that offers custom-order dice. Maybe I'll look into it some day...

Bandrik

If I got this, I would have to sharpie in bon-bons on their heads. Then they would look like the bunny-moogles from Final Fantasy XII. :D

reinbeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reinbeast
Re: Grade points -4

Most adorable slime puppy ever.

LilAtomicX10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LilAtomicX10

speak softly and carry a big stick. er carrot. :3

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Thank you for all the comments and votes, everyone!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

1st for sure. Good job, Bas!

moosebite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosebite
Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

I do like the art, and the idea, but, I'm sorry to say, whenever I decide whether or not to vote on a shirt I have to ask myself: "Would I be excited to wear this shirt when I get up in the morning?" and I honestly can't say that about this one.

I would be happy for you to see this print, though, because it is original and creative, and well designed

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Radscoolian wrote:1st for sure. Good job, Bas!

Thanks Rads, but I think I subbed far too late for that ^^;. If there's any chance, maybe 3rd, but I was pretty late. If not, the bunnies shall role play in the forest of my hard drive forever! Huzzah!

msthousing4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msthousing4
rirodriq wrote:Done in the style of an XKCD Comic. I'm pretty sure you can't copyright a stick figure, though I think it came out pretty well.

Awesome!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Grade points -4

Who knew a slime puppy could be sooo cute? Love the colors also, nice job Dianasprinkle!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
moosebite wrote:I do like the art, and the idea, but, I'm sorry to say, whenever I decide whether or not to vote on a shirt I have to ask myself: "Would I be excited to wear this shirt when I get up in the morning?" and I honestly can't say that about this one.

I would be happy for you to see this print, though, because it is original and creative, and well designed

Glad you appreciate the design none the less. ^___^ I hope you find a shirt that gets you excited to wear in the morning.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
bassanimation wrote:Thanks Rads, but I think I subbed far too late for that ^^;. If there's any chance, maybe 3rd, but I was pretty late. If not, the bunnies shall role play in the forest of my hard drive forever! Huzzah!

i dunno. You shot up pretty darn quick. And from the comments, people seemed to really dig it. If it doesn't print it was definitely the derby favorite.
Tonight will tell... Best of luck!

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin
Stercrazy wrote:I can honestly say that I have seen TONS of guys wearing cute animal designs that have printed on Woot. Perhaps they're just more popular than you think?

Bunnies are Pagan-symbolic for procreation.
College guys have sex on the brain 24/7.
It all makes perfect sense, while being totally sad at the same time.

tavlek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tavlek

where's the + button and how many times can I click it? i'm new to this derby thing...

guyonthat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyonthat
Re: Of Monsters and RPGs

If you ever re-do or reprint this, may I suggest "Cubicles and Co-workers" on the back of the DM screen, great concept though. GJ on the award!

spyyderray

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spyyderray
guyonthat wrote:If you ever re-do or reprint this, may I suggest "Cubicles and Co-workers" on the back of the DM screen, great concept though. GJ on the award!

Ooh, Cubicles and Co-workers is BRILLIANT. Thank you so much for the awesome suggestion! Great, great, great!