+ Add a Comment

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie
Spiritgreen wrote:Love the way you colored & textured this. Finished design looks sweet!

Thanks, I hope to be wearing your shirt this holiday season.

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks! ^__^

It's an everyday scene for dinosaurs with a roleplaying twist, Westlyftw. The setting just needs to be appropriate for whatever character you base your design around. You could have rabbits playing dungeon in their burrow, for instance. There's always that freedom in the derbies that you don't have to stick to humans.

Let's assume for a second that you are right, and everyday scenes with non-humans is fine. How is this an everyday scene with dinosaurs? The meteor that wiped them out happened FAR less than everyday.

mentalabsence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mentalabsence
Re: Obey the DM

This isn't just a campaign poster spoof. It's a spoof of a My Little Pony spoof of a campaign poster. ;)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/strangething/ponies/Celestia/obey-poster-cropped.png

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
mentalabsence wrote:This isn't just a campaign poster spoof. It's a spoof of a My Little Pony spoof of a campaign poster. ;)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/strangething/ponies/Celestia/obey-poster-cropped.png

Actually, the "OBEY" meme is from Orwell's 1984

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
ngutron wrote:Awesome design, but where's the Real Life connection?

Thanks, death is an everyday thing. Not just people but all around us. Plus, RPG games seem to go on forever. Hopefully you can beat death to the end.

I did a similar take on death as an everyday thing in the last "everyday" derby. 8-Bit is Dead

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
lyonscc wrote:Actually, the "OBEY" meme is from Orwell's 1984

It's also shepard fairey's two most famous posters. Hope, and Obey Giant.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Level 3, hidden in the maze... The invisible dot.

OHFireRescue wrote:The first game I can remember that had an Easter Egg.

rumpatas

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rumpatas
Re: Let Sleeping Dragons Lie

You are such a Marxist!

wersns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wersns

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
raevynpheather wrote:Pokemon is not a tabletop RPG. It is a video game and a card game.

Aslo, I am not a Ramyb hater, as I own 20+ of his shirts, I am just annoyed that this derby is supposed to be about tabletop RPGs and everyone is doing video games.

I'm just going based off what tgentry said in the prederby thread

tgentry wrote:...tabletop or video game isn't important so long as it's clear we're dealing with role-playing in some way. SFW role-playing that is.

I hope that clears up why there are so many video game shirts around. I only have a little bit of experience with tabletop rpgs, so I wanted to do a design based on what I know better

Mogar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mogar
ramyb wrote:They grow up so fast :`)

This so perfect describes my relationship with felines.

brerfunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brerfunk
lyonscc wrote:Alrighty - this time I've got a clear RPG reference (the dungeonmaster). And everyone knows if you don't obey the DM, you're toast.

Love the design. I would buy this without the Dungeon Master line. I know it would make it off-topic, but just saying...

lyonscc

brerfunk wrote:Love the design. I would buy this without the Dungeon Master line. I know it would make it off-topic, but just saying...

It originally didn't have the DM line on it, and got rejected (for that reason).

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
hodelkm wrote:Is that a fez?

i think it's a bucket (or should i say, Bouquet? for +5 CHA?)

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: The Grind

College uniform.

How many will I need to last 4.5 years?

wersns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wersns

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

uninspired designs...

lloyd2002 wrote:that miraculously get a rush of votes the first day or so

i'm new here (not a designer, just a happy customer) and i noticed that too (dunno if it was a coincidence, and who's to blame if not).

couldn't woot.com check for IP? that should make it harder to cheat.

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex
fungusamongus wrote:This little guy has a job for you, you can only imagine the rewards! Enjoy

I have a pet-sitting business, so I must own this! Dogs get no love on here though.

lyonscc

cptgone wrote:uninspired designs...

i'm new here (not a designer, just a happy customer) and i noticed that too (dunno if it was a coincidence, and who's to blame if not).

couldn't woot.com check for IP? that should make it harder to cheat.

It might make it harder, but there are a number of businesses and colleges that run their networks through a proxy-IP, which would give a ton of false-positives (I run a few websites on the side, and when we try to do verification via IP addresses, it gets pretty dicey).

I think Woot's primary method to prevent cheating like that is the fact that you have to have purchased something to be able to vote, and once you purchase something, Woot has the name and address of the customer.

cyclebex

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cyclebex
eburgeson wrote:This is a great original design! I am just wondering if there is something disproportionate about the cat's eyes or perhaps an angle problem.

Nah, I think the eye is reacting to the flame. Perhaps, fix the eye and flip flop the weapons of the outer mice. Though, then everyone that voted needs to switch their votes to the new version. Not worth a do-over, looks good how it is.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: CatBroomMop!

+10 Clean!

mudhutters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mudhutters

Thanks Sombrillo! It was quite a task and I'm just happy I managed to get something halfway decent done in time! Do you have an entry? I think Red Potion will win. I'm definitely getting a few when it does

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

@Apelad, tromboloid, happywater, cynic11

Thanks!

srm8ib4 wrote:There should be an extra in -20000

not too sure what this means. It's missing a comma? If so, I put it in originally, but I didn't like the break in the word.

xxchange wrote:More like -40000 gold.

This is adorable, but I won't be buying it... I don't like video games.

You should totally start liking them!
-40000 might have been funnier and I thought about going higher. 20,000 is around what I had, and it is the national average of student debt.

chiinkz86 wrote:Replace smarts with intelligence.

I had originally put "intelligence", but it was a little too long of a word. It didn't really sit well on the shirt.

IgnatiusRiley wrote:If it's a psychology degree you could add Employability + .0000000001.

Oh, snap!

udontease wrote:all of this is true. although I would say stamina -50 or something, especially for those of us who live off of coffee.

I had thought about putting another gag in the shirt like "smarts: -10" but I wanted the gold to be the punch-line. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

mathminded

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mathminded
Re: Indestructible

Brilliant. I would love this to print. Hopefully we have enough Diablo II fans on woot to get this into the fog! GMV

BootsBoots

Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

I like the look in the cat's eyes. Very good.

BootsBoots

Re: Occupy Dungeons

'Tis funny.

BootsBoots

Re: He Has His Mothers Voice

I love this. Especially the dorky dad.

BootsBoots

Re: 20 Nap

This is so cute. I like the stripes. A lot.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: CatBroomMop!

I'm not a cat person at all. Yet, I couldn't help but to be compelled to vote for this because it's so silly.

I think it's the duct tape.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Encounter

I'm curious as to who would actually wear this. Do people that don't know how to talk to girls wear these as a psychosomatic reaction, in hopes that wearing it will somehow make people think that they DO know how to talk to girls because they're farcifying it? Ridiculous.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
paaiyan wrote:It's really amusing, but the mouth on the dad bothers me. Not sure if the mouth is closed, or open with one giant tooth in it.

I probably could have defined his smile a little better. If I submit this elsewhere, that's on of the things I would like to address.

bassanimation wrote:This is most excellent :D. Ive been watching my fiance play Skyrim. I get such a kick out of the twitching dragon skeletons that randomly fall out of the sky. Yay bugs!

Great work, Radscoolian!

Thanks Bas! I like bugs too! Spiders are probably my favorite.

Bugs in video games are cool too.
One of my co-workers was telling me that it almost shipped with a bug that allowed chickens to witness and report crimes.

taternuggets wrote:This has a very creepy vibe to it. And that's what makes it awesome.

Glad you like it!
I was going for a awkward family photo vibe. I thought it would be funny if the dragon born's parents were having him pose for like a christmas card, and his dad was sort of a embarrassing creepy type dad who married a dragon.

vwclogan wrote:A to the W to the S to the... I was going to do the whole word but I took an arrow to the knee.

I used to be an adventurer...

kevito wrote:The world is not a just place if this doesn't come in first.

Sorry to destroy your whole outlook- I don't think it will.

So watch this video and eat some pie- you'll for get all about injustice.

zozobra2011 wrote:The comb-over cracks me up!

What comb-over? It's not a comb-over! It's just a little thin, is all!

BootsBoots wrote:I love this. Especially the dorky dad.

Thanks Boots!

eeschultz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eeschultz

Would you consider switching out the Race category to "Human"? That way, more people could wear and enjoy it!

Great design!

dmaz

lloyd2002 wrote:uninspired, recycled cats/turtles/penguins/bunnies that marginally meet derby theme

Aside from a lot of stuff being discussed that I don't really agree with, THIS, I do agree with. At least we can take comfort that it most likely won't print in the midst of some fresh designs that are actually getting attention for once.

dmaz

Re: In The Lair Of The Black Cat

Love the design, but I think it's a bit off topic. :/

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58948]Death

Here rather:

https://sites.google.com/site/xanderphilip1/_/rsrc/1323545817633/home/rpg_paycheck.png

kadiraa9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadiraa9

WANT!!!!!!!!

kadiraa9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadiraa9

Brilliant.

walkingdead1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkingdead1
dmaz wrote:I'm curious as to who would actually wear this. Do people that don't know how to talk to girls wear these as a psychosomatic reaction, in hopes that wearing it will somehow make people think that they DO know how to talk to girls because they're farcifying it? Ridiculous.

I would wear this shirt... it was practically made for me.

I can talk to girls, until their interested then I just go in to The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) myself mode.

sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: DM navigation

No entries this time - I'm pretty clueless about video games. Glad to see you got an entry in. Looking forward to many more & buying one of Mudhutters' shirts someday soon!