adbach01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adbach01

So sad this didn't make it the 1st time, then fell out of the fog at the end during the double take. Thank you editors for picking this, I'm in for 2! love it!

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

So, did the rest of the ninja class successfully fade into the shadows so they don't have to help out?

grimall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grimall
skatimmy737 wrote:At least they don't have to mop up the Seppuku Room.

Seppuku is a Samurai thing, wasn't commonly practiced by ninja, if at all.

I'm dreaming when I'm tired, and I'm tired when I'm awake.

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

You know how to tell those ninjas are still in training?

You can see them!

YYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

When I first saw the shirt, I figured a horseshoe magnet would be more effective than a broom (the ninja star spikes would tear up the wicker, I think) - does anyone know if magnets work on ninja stars?

shlamele24

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shlamele24

Anyone else feeling bad for the straw dummy? Poor guy got a star to the eye.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama
grimall wrote:Seppuku is a Samurai thing, wasn't commonly practiced by ninja, if at all.

I was under the impression that most ninja were former Ronin (samurai). Would bushido not count for them at all?

Personally- I boycott all things ninja. I have yet to find any evidence that the original ninja groups allowed any African Americans to join.

Yet they let turtles of Italian descent join?

Disgusting.

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl

Darn, I was really hoping to see Rabbit Seasoning today! I just love that shirt so much!!

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

htorres818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages htorres818
lobstrain wrote:This shirt is inaccurate. Ninjas can walk on ceilings.

They're in their first year, maybe they haven't learned how yet...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Ahaaa! I figured this might print! Awesome, congrats coffeybean!

mrmessma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrmessma

I think I'm not alone when I say that I looked to Shirt Woot for clever, funny, interesting, or cool shirts.

I never really get into the 'cute' shirts but maybe the Woot audience has been changing.

captainassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainassassin
Robtangle wrote:Must be a pretty rigorous dojo for two red belts to be doing the clean-up duties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_belt_(martial_arts)

Bet they didn't see this coming.

"Like the more commonly known Black Belt, its use varies between arts, with most using it for the style founder, Grandmaster or other high rank, while others use it as the immediately pre-black belt rank OR EVEN TO DENOTE A BEGINNER WHO HOLDS NO RANK" —wiki

Did you actually READ that wiki article before you posted the link?

seahokedrama

captainassassin wrote:"Like the more commonly known Black Belt, its use varies between arts, with most using it for the style founder, Grandmaster or other high rank, while others use it as the immediately pre-black belt rank OR EVEN TO DENOTE A BEGINNER WHO HOLDS NO RANK" —wiki

Did you actually READ that wiki article before you posted the link?

Indeed- as a kid when I was growing up- for Judo- red belt signified no rank.

Red and white striped belt was used above the higher-dan black belts.

mrubright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrubright

Can someone please help me contact Woot to change my shipping. I didn't realize when ordering the Friday shipping option. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back. And I want to get this shirt tomorrow as I am leaving for vacation for a month.

yangmeister666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yangmeister666

I was a ninja just like those two...until I took a shuriken to the knee.

jjconnol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjconnol

Depends on what your ninja stars are made of. would have to be martensitic steel (ie not austentite) or nickel based or colbalt based. or if you are a real A-hole out of some superconductor or rare earth magnets but who would do that...

blakeedwards1015

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blakeedwards1015

Magnets?! How do they work?

krishachaos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krishachaos

Okay I love this shirt, but my boyfriend is the martial arts junky, is this to cute for a man to wear?

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng
woolysockofdoom wrote:This was me, except I was sweeping pencils out of the ceiling.

Glue sticks are fun too!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mrubright wrote:Can someone please help me contact Woot to change my shipping. I didn't realize when ordering the Friday shipping option. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back. And I want to get this shirt tomorrow as I am leaving for vacation for a month.

service@woot.com for you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

seahokedrama

krishachaos wrote:Okay I love this shirt, but my boyfriend is the martial arts junky, is this to cute for a man to wear?

That would depend entirely on the man. Some men run from anything that is not solid colour- and others run from pink.

You probably know him better then anyone else. (unless he uses facebook- and then Zuckerberg knows him better than you)

grimall

seahokedrama wrote:I was under the impression that most ninja were former Ronin (samurai). Would bushido not count for them at all?

Ronin are/were masterless samurai and in their very existence lacking honor, as when a samurai's master dies he is to commit seppuku.

The way of the ninja is almost completely opposite of the way of the samurai, bushido had/has little to do with them.

While samurai can become ninja, doing so is essentially tantamount to casting away the tenets of bushido.

Ninjas were rarely fighters, if they did fight, it was never fairly or with "honor".

grimall

One other point, shuriken weren't necessarily used to harm, it was more of a feint. They'd be thrown in the general direction of the enemy to take their attention off of the thrower, allowing a moment to start/continue running, or maybe drop some caltropes/etc.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
krishachaos wrote:Okay I love this shirt, but my boyfriend is the martial arts junky, is this to cute for a man to wear?

I don't think so, but then, I have zero qualms about shirts that rank high on the lady-friendly part.

(It's national cupcake day ... so of course I had to plug that last shirt. ^_^)

brickface

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brickface

Yeah! NINJAS!!!!

missfionaelizabeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missfionaelizabeth

I work in a Dojo. Going to have to check my account to see if I have enough pennies left - if not I'll get somebody to buy it me for Christmas!

silverhand71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverhand71
lobstrain wrote:This shirt is inaccurate. Ninjas can walk on ceilings.

In truth, they only run on ceilings. Though one could argue they have the coordination to be able to pluck up a throwing star at high speeds.

Narfcake

Debut day - 2166.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 2166

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: darkchrispark
Last purchase time: Thursday, December 15, 2011, 11:58:40 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 39.889s
Woot wage: $3,753.51
Woots sold: 2164

Last wooter to woot: yeswakeboarding
Last purchase time: Thursday, December 15, 2011, 11:59:45 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 39.882s
Woot wage: $3,750.69
Woots sold: 2166

No sales since - first day 2166

darthmaul27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthmaul27

I'm kind of bummed. I ordered this shirt, paid for overnight and a package arrived today with the wrong shirt! I emailed customer support. Hopefully they'll fix this

Narfcake

darthmaul27 wrote:I'm kind of bummed. I ordered this shirt, paid for overnight and a package arrived today with the wrong shirt! I emailed customer support. Hopefully they'll fix this

They will. Since service has normal working hours, though, you probably wouldn't hear back until Monday.

Of course, since I bought #0001, I wondering now if I'm going to get the right one; I noticed there was some mix-up last week with Blue (Never)Nude too.

Narfcake

Narfcake wrote:Of course, since I bought #0001, I wondering now if I'm going to get the right one; ...

I did. Thanks, Woot shirt packers for getting it right!