3%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Great use of the shirt color in this one.

bhcompy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bhcompy

Kind of Iron Giantish.. well, at least how Shooter portrayed it

maxticket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxticket

Very much getting a Portal feel from this one. Not exactly, but at first glance . . .

Okay, time to play some Portal again. Thanks Woot.

TracerBuIIet

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TracerBuIIet

Sort of reminds me of Yoshimi, except the giant robots aren't pink.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

I just need to say that this is freaking rad.

jadis4742

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jadis4742

Why, yes, I would like a kickass science-fiction shirt with a strong female protagonist. Thank you, Woot.

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

The bridge in the distance reminds of the Golden Gate for some reason...Or the Brooklyn Bridge. Definitely seen that bridge somewhere!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Ah this is really nice looking. I like the textures and colors that this has.

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond

Dramatic staging leads to memorable, potentially buyable scene

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids

The entire thing reminds me of Ghost Trick:

g0dsgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages g0dsgreen

I feel like I've already seen this shirt or something eerily similar before.

fmfbrestel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fmfbrestel

Write up reminds me of the narrator in Bastion. (Best game narration in the history of game narration, btw) I would kill to have that guys voice.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Based on the writeup she doesn't need a bigger gun.

I don't know.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

ooooh, splendid.

move along

kcls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcls

I wouldn't call that design centered. I'd say that's more like rentered- right centered . Great shirt nonetheless!

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

I'm trying to figure out what this is supposed to be based on - if anything - but I just keep drawing a blank. It kind of reminds me of The Hunger Games though.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I think that if that gun she's brought is the elec-beam she'll be okay, because I'm totally seeing the Yellow Devil robot from Mega Man.

mopeloss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopeloss
jadis4742 wrote:Why, yes, I would like a kickass science-fiction shirt with a strong female protagonist. Thank you, Woot.

That head could just as well be alien... aliens vs robots?

jitspoe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jitspoe

Reminds me of Black Rock Shooter The Game OP (search for that on YouTube if you haven't seen it).

willywoollove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willywoollove

Would be a great hoodie.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

very cool!

judehawthorne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages judehawthorne

Oh, god...it's not one of those things from War of the Worlds, is it?

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
g0dsgreen wrote:I feel like I've already seen this shirt or something eerily similar before.

Me, too - something that was either printed or submitted for a derby here. Something with a similar shape and colors, and a similar girder across the top. But as looking back to the beginning of 2009 didn't produce anything, either a) I'm remembering something that didn't print, b) I just plain didn't see it in the thumbnails, or c) I'm hallucinating. All valid possibilities.

And it wouldn't necessarily make this derivative, if there were something similar out there. The shape & colors are a natural outflow from the design concept, seems to me.

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi
g0dsgreen wrote:I feel like I've already seen this shirt or something eerily similar before.

Since we are playing shirt association game (TM)... stylistically, it reminded me of this design (never printed anywhere ?) by Deadfrog:

The character and setting though, definitely gave me a Daisy Kutter vibe:

As I have saved the former image to my hard drive for reference, and own The Last Train, I can say that both elements are working in the shirts favor :P

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I thought of Deadfrog's design as well. This is a really cool shirt in it's own right

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I also guessed Michael Evans from the thumbnail, but I'm really liking Anna-Maria's more cartoon/comic book aesthetics in this particular design.

The way the light is textured gives a sense of dust and dirt in the air, and the red eye is a very cool focal point. Great design!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Either a pretty girl or a member of ZZ Top.

nanovox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nanovox

This is the story you don't hear about the War of the Worlds because the guys are too ashamed to say that it was she who slayed the first of those maniacal machines.

tigerxchaos

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tigerxchaos

You've just sparked a potentially brilliant (or horrible) new franchise. Alien vs. Terminators.

andycool22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andycool22

reminds me of this:

Woof! Wage: $927.75 as of 12/2/2010...someone send me to Woof!!aholics Anonymous...

SturmB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SturmB

Design placement looks a little off-center to me, rather than "centered". But it works wonderfully for this design.

Cotmweasel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cotmweasel

This shirt reminds me of the Anime Kino's Journey.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Great looking interesting design.

RynoRama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RynoRama

Don't buy this, I'm waiting for weeks for my dark night shirt.
SMART POST SUCKS - 2 WEEKS AND WAITING
Two weeks ago it shipped and it is still days away. Woot screws me again. It seems every time I order from Woot I get the slowest shipping in the world. I'm stupid for even buying from them again

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

RynoRama wrote:Don't buy this, I'm waiting for weeks for my dark night shirt.
Two weeks ago it shipped and it is still days away. Woot screws me again. It seems every time I order from Woot I get the slowest shipping in the world. I'm stupid for even buying from them again

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your free shipping. If you do a little searching/reading, you'll find that free shipping generally runs about 1-2 weeks for most everyone--and that's not even counting the holiday shipping delay or the random instances of "let's take a tour of the country on fedex trucks" (though those seem to be super-rare now, admittedly, so yay! there). In its FAQ, woot DOES promise you your item within 5-100 days with free shipping. I guess most people who choose the free shipping are just grateful that 1-2 weeks is much closer to 5 days than 100. I know I am.

If the widely- and freely-acknowledged super-slow "smart"post free shipping is not to your liking, I do encourage you to spend the $5 on overnight shipping. Otherwise... well, it's woot. Welcome to woot: where free shipping is slow.

matrim108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matrim108
RynoRama wrote:Don't buy this, I'm waiting for weeks for my dark night shirt.

Have you never had anything shipped via Smartpost before? Use a different shipping service if you don't want to wait. Dunno why you're blaming Woot for that.

queenmob

quality posts: 8 Private Messages queenmob

Hi guys, artist speaking here. Thanks for the super nice comments!

To clear up speculations (though, it's sooo nice to read them haha) there is not too much thought behind this except that I love "strong female protagonists" and Science-Fiction - and the whole "girl fighting a giant robot" motive is probably an image that has appeared a hundred times in our pop culture ;-)

But I also definitely love the Yoshimi Song (even though I made the reference not super clear by making the robot green instead of pink).

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Good work. I'm a big fan of well-used shadows.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Nice . . . in for one.