bongosolo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bongosolo
queenmob wrote:Hi guys, artist speaking here. Thanks for the super nice comments!

To clear up speculations (though, it's sooo nice to read them haha) there is not too much thought behind this except that I love "strong female protagonists" and Science-Fiction - and the whole "girl fighting a giant robot" motive is probably an image that has appeared a hundred times in our pop culture ;-)

Love the shirt queenmob! The write up is killer too.

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
Cotmweasel wrote:This shirt reminds me of the Anime Kino's Journey.

Very true. That moves me even more toward the direction of purchase.

catta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catta

The dialect and cadence of the write-up reminded me a lot of Firefly. I kept reading it in Mal's voice.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

First Big o' Cosmos: Super-secret Moofi edition on 06/16/2011

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
queenmob wrote:Hi guys, artist speaking here. Thanks for the super nice comments!

To clear up speculations (though, it's sooo nice to read them haha) there is not too much thought behind this except that I love "strong female protagonists" and Science-Fiction - and the whole "girl fighting a giant robot" motive is probably an image that has appeared a hundred times in our pop culture ;-)

But I also definitely love the Yoshimi Song (even though I made the reference not super clear by making the robot green instead of pink).

Awesome shirt design, and congrats on the print!

Honestly, despite everyones looking to find something similar, if someone actually DID happen to produce something completely original with no similarity to anything else in existance, i'm pretty sure no one would bother to buy it, especially among this inbred gaming crowd..

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot

Ignore woot's assertion, huma...I mean, fellow organ sacks! Robots are our friends :3 ehehehe heh heh

undertow976

quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976

If I pay extra, can this get shipped via TARDIS and get here before Christmas?

IamIreland

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IamIreland
Thirdbase9 wrote:Based on the writeup she doesn't need a bigger gun.

Actually the write-up is perfectly ambiguous. I infer that she was vaporized.

jlikesilver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlikesilver
RynoRama wrote:Don't buy this, I'm waiting for weeks for my dark night shirt.
SMART POST SUCKS - 2 WEEKS AND WAITING
Two weeks ago it shipped and it is still days away. Woot screws me again. It seems every time I order from Woot I get the slowest shipping in the world. I'm stupid for even buying from them again

ah honey, if you lived in Texas you'd get it in less than 5 days, but...you'd pay tax. in for 2, something for my daughter and me to wear while qualifying for our concealed carry permit.

brodyl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brodyl

Cool looking T...Feels influenced by The Iron Giant movie (great movie btw)

Supersonic*Hypnotic*Funky~Fresh

RaisingOphelia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaisingOphelia

The Protomen would be proud, I think.

jeffshinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffshinn
RynoRama wrote:Don't buy this, I'm waiting for weeks for my dark night shirt.
SMART POST SUCKS - 2 WEEKS AND WAITING
Two weeks ago it shipped and it is still days away. Woot screws me again. It seems every time I order from Woot I get the slowest shipping in the world. I'm stupid for even buying from them again

I saw some others say you should not slam Woot for the already admittedly slow FREE postal service (Woot makes damn sure you know it is SLOW) but I think you are in effect slamming the artist of this shirt, Anna-Maria Jung, which deserves it in no way. Not even taking Anna's exceptional talent into consideration, you are in essence blaming her for something that not even WOOT has control over.

Essentially, YOU are reliably the person who has control over how quickly your shirt arrives. Select overnight and guess what, you got it so fast you can by-pass the pre-wash standards and wear it three weeks straight until you burn holes in the arm pits! But then i guess you would again blame Anna for that eh?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Well. I just got my very first weapon, a semi-auto shotgun (Remington 11-87 12g, EFF WHY EYE), for xmas. And my hair is long and sometimes poufy when blowing out in the dry, hot, radioactive winds of a post-apocalyptic metal-skeletalled cityscape. And I enjoy robots. And I love dystopian SF. And I appreciate the red and aquas on the black. And so I guess I really, really, really love this design.... OH GODS OF ALL SENTIENT AND NONSENTIENT GOODNESS YES GOLDENTHORN MUST HAVE THIS SHIRT NOW.

*clickclickclicks the ridiculously big gold button all the way through*

Ahhh.... much better. Much, much better now...

(Imma wear this for the first time I go clay shooting with my very own zombie-robot-killing boom-boom stick!)

queenmob

quality posts: 8 Private Messages queenmob

Thanks again for the awesome comments and Jeffshin, thanks for the defense haha!

You gyus rock!

illustration: www.jung-comics.com
shirts: www.jung-shirts.com

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

This is great!

x24goss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x24goss

Dang. When I saw the thumbnail, I thought we were giving some love to the under-appreciated band Electronic ...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 653

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: SupaDupaMestizo
Last purchase time: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:55:15 PM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 12.079s
Woot wage: $3,762.38
Woots sold: 652

Last wooter to woot: jamesflorencerock
Last purchase time: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 11:58:47 PM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 12.202s
Woot wage: $3,753.14
Woots sold: 653

Last wooter to woot: yukonart
Last purchase time: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 12:01:45 AM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 12.271s
Woot wage: $3,745.42
Woots sold: 654

First day sales: 653

hipsterassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hipsterassassin

Love the design. Thinks it's totally epic just don't need anymore black shirts. Would love to have seen this on a navy or maybe even a red shirt and have the red of the shirt show through the eye.

edwardly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edwardly

This is the begining of the Hero's Journey -- more istallments?!? She and this shirt kick a**.

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke

I'm sorry it wont make it. I bought one because I want to support kick ass lady shirts.

This has an River/Echo feel to it. I love it.

peonyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peonyrain

My son wants to be an astronaut (he;s got the grades for it), and his GF had me snag her this so she can rock her love of him and destroying aliens.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
adorabrooke wrote:I'm sorry it wont make it. I bought one because I want to support kick ass lady shirts.

This has an River/Echo feel to it. I love it.

Just got mine. I like to pretend that girl on the shirt was me when i was 14.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.