thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Waiting for Motivation

mhatter106 wrote:I'd have to agree here. While I think it's cool, the only connection it has with "Motivation" is that there's "No motivation"... Which is kind of not "Motivation".

Nice design though, although I wonder a bit how it would look on a shirt for every wear.

As mentioned above, I think this fits very nicely in Woot's specification of "what to do when faced with a complete lack of motivation entirely." Up here in Oregon it's a bit chilly for a t-shirt most of the year so I think it will look great with an open plaid button-up.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Persistence

I read it more a s persistence, beauty is revealed to those who wait for it.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s

I'd like this shirt more if it was a maze.

But as just a doodle it doesn't really hit me.

Or maybe if it was in a corner/edges and the middle was taken up by something boring. History, probably.

(I'd say math, but math is far more interesting)

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s
paigeg wrote:This messes with my brain so much! I keep playing 'find the dragon' in the layout and topography of the continents. Wierd and cool.

Me too! Makes me wish one was actually in there (other than that little guy in the ocean).

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
paigeg wrote:Lol! And about the 'under the bus' comment: At least you made up for it with the Daisy.

I thought this also when I saw the daisy shirt My wife also loves daisies. Now I'm cheering for bacon and she's cheering for flowers....

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
thatrobert wrote:Thanks all for the nice comments and keeping this in the fog over the weekend. BTW, it doesn't work as a maze -- I'm pretty sure it'd actually be too easy since there is plenty of gaps.

Yeah, when I saw it my first though was. "Good Lord, how long would it take to run that Dungeon?"

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
Re: Sit, Zombie Dog, Sit (resub)

Do zombies count as pop culture? Not trying to tell anyone off or anything. Just seems like with the popularity of zombies in recent years it would be considered pop culture.

SteveSpiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveSpiker
Re: Face The Challenge

I love it.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: I want to fly

Very nice.

mistressofpez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistressofpez
Thirdbase9 wrote:Rejected this will be, in 4 score 7 hours from now.

Best post ever.

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
Re: Daisy

Daisies are my favorite too. I hope this prints. It would be an awesome yoga shirt

lap10

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lap10
Re: Go Kitty Go!

I told my husband this reminded me of Dune. He mentioned that the mice really need a second fish to effectively steer him.

I knew there were good reasons why I married him.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert

draco18s wrote:I'd like this shirt more if it was a maze.

But as just a doodle it doesn't really hit me.

Or maybe if it was in a corner/edges and the middle was taken up by something boring. History, probably.

(I'd say math, but math is far more interesting)

That was my original idea -- to have some evidence of homework in the upper left corner. Maybe a spelling test. Of course with no text allowed that killed that.

bounty42 wrote:Yeah, when I saw it my first though was. "Good Lord, how long would it take to run that Dungeon?"

Ha! That'd be a fun alternate version -- designing dungeons while bored in class. I did that too!

lap10

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lap10
lap10 wrote:I told my husband this reminded me of Dune. He mentioned that the mice really need a second fish to effectively steer him.

I knew there were good reasons why I married him.

Also, obviously, we both love this shirt

mclarkk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mclarkk
piwerx wrote:Forget it, that was snarky, I like it.
Just an initial perception.

Actually, my first thought was also "Why is there an apple growing on a maple tree?"

annalea753

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annalea753

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the change it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
~ Maya Angelou

tobefonseca

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobefonseca
Re: Jump For It

Today I got really unmotivated. I had too many bills comming and any money to pay for it. I can't complaint about other aspects of my life, but money is really an issue.

Anyway, all this is just to say that I came here to watch the run and your design really deserves to win this! Congrats, you're very talented, Patrick. GMV for sure.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Go Kitty Go!

OCH! MISTLETOE FRENCHING? GROSS! I love teh fat kittehs! He looks just like my Clyde!

>insert funny quote here<

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Cruller's Gym

I have a friend that loves crullers... this would be an excellent gift for her.

>insert funny quote here<

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Re: The Birthplace of Inspiration

Absolutely motivating and absolutely gorgeous.

jenihana

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jenihana
Re: Rumbling in the Tumbling

Nothing is cuter than cats wearing winter clothes.

I LOVE your cats! I have one of your shirts, the one with all the cats piled under the umbrella, and it's my favorite! I wear it all the time!

Patman1209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patman1209
xninjagrrl wrote:Ahh no longer in the fog? So not fair.

Why does this happen to every shirt I've wanted to buy lately... its been like half a year since I bought something from a derby (I think it was the Solid/Liqud/Gas dino shirt).

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
Re: Slim Hopes

Haha, it's funny because it looks like he's trying sooo hard to get back up the hot list and into the fog

dolliewar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolliewar
Re: Erasmous in the lead

After posting Following in Daddy's footsteps, I then had many more ideas for motivational designs, from 'knucks' to climbing a tree for fruit, as in Eve...then I remembered Erasmous, the fearless, hope yall like him.

AuntieClo

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

So cute!!!

Adelas

Re: Jump For It

I don't know how you do it. I thought I just loved all your shirts because they were cute, then silly-witty-clever, and now here comes one that is smart-clever and BEAUTIFUL. Your talent continually captures my attention.

And my vote. +1.

Adelas

Adelas

Mavyn wrote:I read it more a s persistence, beauty is revealed to those who wait for it.

That's what I thought, too... waiting and waiting, but what comes is worth the wait. Like this shirt.

Adelas

Re: Life Blood

Is there a way for you to remove this submission so the votes get directed to that one? I'd hate to have it end up lower just because the votes get split.

Adelas

draco18s wrote:Me too! Makes me wish one was actually in there (other than that little guy in the ocean).

Ditto! If this doesn't end up in the fog, I'd love to see it re-subbed sometime with the continents made of a (or more than 1) dragon.

Either way, it's a really cool (and true) depiction of what motivates.

Adelas

Re: Face The Challenge

Can't figure out why this isn't fogged. It's gorgeous and inspirational.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
rawrrbunneh wrote:Loving this. Is it inspired by actual audio?

Thanks! , I guess someway it is since I was listening ambient music when working on it.

Thanks to all for your support. (o;

imadonut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imadonut
Re: Daisy

very pretty, but, would like to see it higher up, and smaller. that is just me, csrry on.

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87

You get my vote because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs&ob=av3n

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

sheepstuph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheepstuph
Re: RUN!

is there any way that i can vote for this multiple times? this is incredible.

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
Re: The Birthplace of Inspiration

The more I see this shirt, the more I love it. I hope it prints. My friend's birthday is coming up, and I bet he (like myself) would appreciate the colors and concept. I'd love for this to eventually land on a hoodie... ♥

irina200200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irina200200
j5 wrote:It's the red cross symbol, not a plus sign.

Did you notice how you used the word "symbol"?

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx
rockymike wrote:Upon seeing this, my wife did say "you should put C*O*F*F*E*E across the bottom." A great idea, but would violate both contest rules.

how funny, and 4077

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
devium wrote:This a very RamyB-ish design. While I don't hate it, I do feel like if it were his, you all would be blasting him for unoriginality and not being on topic. Just sayin.

And not to sound pro-Ramy or anything but I agree with what you said here. I expected this design to be Ramy's when I clicked in and I don't think you're wrong with people's slanted views. Heh.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn

As someone who has filled notebook after notebook with similar creations, I had no problem whatsoever figuring out what this shirt had to do with motivation. A terrific job!