cdpalmer71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdpalmer71

LOL - Xorn explained.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2010/07/xorn9.jpg

aquastardreamer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aquastardreamer
Stexe wrote:
And now you know! And knowing is half the battle!

Gggggggggg Iiiiiiiiiiiii JJJJOOOOOEEEEEEE!!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

aquastardreamer wrote:Gggggggggg Iiiiiiiiiiiii JJJJOOOOOEEEEEEE!!!!

mattjc7845

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattjc7845

It HAS to be D&D, the animation on the x character alone doesn't really make any reference to the "ScareCrowesque" mask. Yes I know DC to Marvel comparison, my B! I mean it is coincidence that Xorn came from X-men, but there is too little resemblance. The teeth along the top at least has a resemblance to Xorn from D&D.

Matt Cummings

daiquirikiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daiquirikiss

I'm an ESL teacher... this shirt is perfect!! References not much understood in a foreign country, but they know the alphabet. So works for me.

IrishLass622

quality posts: 5 Private Messages IrishLass622

Angels are just as mythical as Xorn are, so I'm in for one!

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

I feel like I would have to tape this list to my back for the 1000 questions I would get...or maybe I should step up my nerd game.

pyrosaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyrosaga

i got the elf reference before looking at the description, but i was confused because it looked like the cap he was wearing was a backwards baseball hat. -_-

rawr

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
zuberman wrote:I'm aware that saying this makes me "that guy", but:

Many people will find this shirt offensive. Hardly anyone believes in any of the others, but quite a lot of people do believe in angels, and might reasonably take the shirt as saying "your faith is as silly as bigfoot".

Choose for yourself what you believe and whether you like the shirt more or less because of it, but this shirt IS making a statement on a controversial point, and you need to be aware of that when you click "I want one!"

Think about it this way: the secular idea of angels is a myth. And that is probably what is being portrayed here (see halo.) That doesn't have to be an attack on anyone's religion. Just another use of an icon.

And I do believe there are angels...just not the way that the movies or secularists might. As in - this design is no less offensive than City of Angels, Field of Dreams, Angels in the Outfield, or It's a Wonderful life. It simply plays off of people's desire to believe in imaginary things. I don't remotely consider them to be the same thing at all. Those fanciful things are hardly comparable to what people, who believe, know them to be.

(And since someone who might be offended should know that things that are a mystery to others have been revealed to those who do believe (and even that is not by their own power) they should really hesitate on the offense. How can you be offended at ignorance? Maybe pity, or wonder...but even those often end up in another moment of pride. But that is just my opinion.)

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred

Didn't mean to get so deep with my last...I really only meant to say:

Surprised that Cthulu didn't end up as "C"...but then again...Cyclops is much easier to depict...

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

I'm amused that the people who are most worried about the angel aren't actually people offended by the angel, but people worried that someone ELSE might be EVENTUALLY offended by the angel.

But if it comes up, just show them the Doctor Who episode "Blink" and say it's one of those angels. Probably it'll smooth things over while also making them interested in watching more Doctor Who.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Jerodast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jerodast

Unfortunately I cannot buy this because the Reaper scythe is the perfect shape to actually form the arm of the "r", but was not used so. Such an oversight is unforgivable!

dbiehle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dbiehle

I can concede that the K looks Klingon, but at first glance, I thought it was supposed to stand for Kraken. Sorta fits the theme better, too, doesn't it?

Or maybe the Kraken, as depicted in the the 1981 Clash of the Titans, was the progenitor of the Klingon race?

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

Cool. Just started the niece + nephew shopping early.

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

dbiehle wrote:I can concede that the K looks Klingon, but at first glance, I thought it was supposed to stand for Kraken. Sorta fits the theme better, too, doesn't it?

Or maybe the Kraken, as depicted in the the 1981 Clash of the Titans, was the progenitor of the Klingon race?

I was going off a list (I assume from the artist) but I like your interpretation much better.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Cute! This makes me wish Woot sold posters or prints.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1240

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: bgrimes Last purchase time: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 11:59:12 PM Central Time Order pace: 1m 9.639s Woot wage: $3,752.08 Woots sold: 1240

Last wooter to woot: centeruniverse Last purchase time: Wednesday, January 04, 2012, 12:17:54 AM Central Time Order pace: 1m 10.430s Woot wage: $3,703.95 Woots sold: 1242

Long time from 1240 to 1242, so it looks like 1240 is the first day.
As I figure out how to do this on my phone

theazreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theazreal
Slydon wrote:I'm amused that the people who are most worried about the angel aren't actually people offended by the angel, but people worried that someone ELSE might be EVENTUALLY offended by the angel.

But if it comes up, just show them the Doctor Who episode "Blink" and say it's one of those angels. Probably it'll smooth things over while also making them interested in watching more Doctor Who.

You could also skip the question altogether by saying that it wasn't for imaginary things at all-- it was for unusual animals, to say nothing about the angels and Bigfoot controversies. ;)

I teach small children and I intend to get it to wear in the classroom. I bet it'll drum up a lot more interest than my usual alphabet shirt!

puma1707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puma1707

I love this shirt. My students are going to love it. I teach preschool and shirt.woot! has great shirts that I love to wear to work.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

How is this the best seller and also on the bottom of the reckoning list?

Narfcake

dmaz wrote:How is this the best seller and also on the bottom of the reckoning list?

Look closer. They're different shirts.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Narfcake wrote:Look closer. They're different shirts.

Oh my! How dull witted of me! Thanks! Lol I STILL hadn't realized they were different when I came back to check for a response here.

jpm271

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpm271

Purchased this for alphabet loving child... Gave it to him for Easter. By the end of May the design was basically gone. (Yes, I washed it following all the directions.) It's basically just a piece of crap t-shirt that he once loved but now is just flaking apart. OH, and because I ordered it more than 21 days before the problem, there are no refunds. Buyer beware. Awesome design, but cheap piece of crap.

Narfcake

jpm271 wrote:Purchased this for alphabet loving child... Gave it to him for Easter. By the end of May the design was basically gone. (Yes, I washed it following all the directions.) It's basically just a piece of crap t-shirt that he once loved but now is just flaking apart. OH, and because I ordered it more than 21 days before the problem, there are no refunds. Buyer beware. Awesome design, but cheap piece of crap.

Have you emailed support about it?

While I'm not staff, there does seem to be some issues here and there with the prints not holding up; there's a small thread about this issue here and a larger thread with other issues here. Posting a pic (via imgur or the like) in one of those threads and then including the link in the email to support (where you'd include your username and order number) would be a plus.