geddygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geddygirl
lemurtx wrote:Mr. Lincoln, June 2010, map

Only Lincoln shirt I remember, because I bought it. Wear it every President's Day.

Being the good librarian I am, I quickly researched:

Abe-racadabra, June 2009, map

Four S'mores and Seven Weenies ago, May 2011, map

Civic Duty Dance, Jan. 2008, map

Gettysburg Address, Apr. 2008, map
--
With that, I'm ending this search for now.
There are scores more (yeah, I went there) that didn't print.

I'm surprised no other Abe shirt owners have piped up about their shirts.

There, edited with links to the maps. Mississippi doesn't seem too thrilled with ol' Abe.

/hey, Woot, do you need a researcher/librarian?

Wow. That's impressive. I'd hire you.
But I stand by my other points.

swingkid02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swingkid02

Sorry, Woot, but your description today, while creative, is not cool.

I'm going to have to pass on the shirt out of protest.

Jeffrey L. Russell

rs55777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rs55777

Worst woot write-up ever.

Usually I find the write-ups funny, sometimes ever really funny and clever. Today's was stunningly unfunny and tasteless. There is nothing cool about this write-up. An astonishing contrast to all the rest of the write-ups.

darkade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkade

I was going to buy this shirt until my girlfriend told me no more shirts, so i went into detail on why i need this shirt, urged her that Dr. Seuss would infuse Lincoln perfect in a childrens book. Then begin to tear up because he died.

glazemaniscool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glazemaniscool
TEATime1 wrote:Really? Maybe this will help...(big pic)

That's it? They're just replacing his top hat with a Cat in the Hat hat?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
glazemaniscool wrote:That's it? They're just replacing his top hat with a Cat in the Hat hat?

And bow tie....
because...
bow ties are cool.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
j5 wrote:And bow tie....
because...
bow ties are cool.

And to that, it would have been a better shirt if it were a bowtie and a fez.

mgarns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgarns

I swore off buying anymore woot shirts (I have about 20), but you got me. Why must you post up absurd shirts when I need a laugh and thus ensnare me? Also a wonderfully dark/w.t.f. write up.

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

I bought the shirt today--but I definitely don't agree with the jokes that make fun of Lincoln. That's simply uncool.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

I like the write up and the shirt. And I hope someone thinks enough of me to tease me when I'm dead. If I were Abe, I'd be dead flattered.

gotchawoot11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gotchawoot11
Phillystyle wrote:I have to say, I like the shirt but some apparent reference to homosexuality seems to be lost on me. Whatever "the joke" is, can someone in the know please elaborate? Thanks.

It is claimed that when the wife was away, Lincoln slept with men, two military men specifically. This is not denied but he supposedly "slept" with these men literally and not euphemistically. Apparently in the 1800's, this was common practice in the military to conserve body heat on cold winter nights.

M3wThr33

quality posts: 8 Private Messages M3wThr33
geddygirl wrote:

FAIL.

Nope. One of the highest selling woot shirts of all time sparked a huge amount of arguing. Here? Not so much, but there? Had tons of people swearing off the site by the mere presence of him.

Not a big deal.

zachss514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zachss514

Lincoln freed the slaves, and Dr. Seuss freed our imaginations. I love it.

raycascella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raycascella

I don't see the big deal. I don't think the shirt or the description is all that offensive, and I love Abe. Ok, well the shirt color was pushing it, =-D but that's partly what makes the joke work. It's so over the top, it's funny.

He's a much beloved and respected president, who did many great things, a paragraph on shirt.woot isn't going to sully is reputation. It's a joke, kids. Calm down and lighten up.

http://dontyouhatepants.net/
- It's a website I makeded with my own two hands!

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

Did a little research of my own, just to find out if the state of Mississippi was maligned improperly. I wondered if they just don't 'represent' proportionally on ANY woot, not just woot shirts, and not just woot shirts with depictions of Lincoln. As a southron myself, it seems that the type of person who would not 'like' Abe Lincoln wouldn't be a connoisseur of woot either way. If this is true, and Mississippi is under-represented globally on Woot in general, then the implication that they are purposefully avoiding Lincoln-themed items is false. Unfortunately, I could not in this limited amount of time find any data to clarify my questions, short of going back and looking at EVERY woot offering ever made. Woot, any stats on this?

ps - shirt is ok, write up not so much.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle
gotchawoot11 wrote:It is claimed that when the wife was away, Lincoln slept with men, two military men specifically. This is not denied but he supposedly "slept" with these men literally and not euphemistically. Apparently in the 1800's, this was common practice in the military to conserve body heat on cold winter nights.

Fair enough but I still don't see the significance of the Cat in the Hat...hat. Thanks for the reply though.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
woottoady wrote:Word is that OWS (Occupy Woot Shirt) has hijacked this site... just a few days ago they were offering "grass" (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) on wine.woot... Clearly the endtimes are upon us all...

Waitwaitwait! Hooooold on. Forget everyone's issues with this shirt/writeup...wine.woot was offering "grass" and I MISSED IT!?!

WWWHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Oh...that was a joke? I see...
*ahem* my bad...

Move along, nothing to see here...

<_<
>_>
*run*

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: cmartellotti
Last purchase time: Wednesday, January 04, 2012, 11:58:36 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 39.887s
Woot wage: $3,753.72
Woots sold: 2164

Last wooter to woot: kevfin03
Last purchase time: Wednesday, January 04, 2012, 11:58:58 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 39.878s
Woot wage: $3,752.74
Woots sold: 2165

Last wooter to woot: lafdaddy
Last purchase time: Wednesday, January 04, 2012, 11:59:29 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 39.874s
Woot wage: $3,751.40
Woots sold: 2166

Three sales in the last minute (or so) and none since. First day 2166

chiobio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chiobio

As soon as I get the shirts I ordered, I'll buy this! I love it. It is super clever and I don't get why people get so offended, they.d even leave shirt.woot!

jeanchalupsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanchalupsky

great graphic with a nasty write up...

"ABE LINCOLN: the original Cat in a Hat"

Would have bought it.

karamirez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karamirez

I just was to buy one! please.. Two actually..