Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
KIDA26 wrote:If an Angry Birds shirt prints in this derby I will shoot someone. No offense to the artist.

None taken. ^__^

I struggled for a few hours with a King Arthur/Avalon design and decided I'd rather draw something fun than beat my head against a wall. And so this monstrosity was born.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
sillythings86 wrote:Amusement?

I guess that is it. Thanks!

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
Re: Ackbar Ahi

Thanks everybody! your comments are legitimately more fun than being in the fog haha...

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
Re: astral ark

Logged in just to vote for this. Really well done.

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
MroosaurusRex wrote:I love how contented and cozy he looks :3

That there is a female angler fish. The males are super tiny, don't have a lure light and certainly don't have gaping jaws and razor sharp fangs.

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

Isn't that all the more reason to keep it flesh tone?!? Of course, I never would have seen it if you hadn't mentioned it, and now it's all I can see!

VenusAD wrote:I think it's a really cute design, but I would suggest rethinking the3 fleshtone. As appropriate as it might seem, uh...how do I say this gently...

Look at the two mushrooms flanking the center one. And they're in fleshtone. I would not get away for even a second wearing this around friends without hearing a multitude of decidedly inappropriate comments.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

laggyg wrote:+1 for toplessness =P hahaha

haha! Thanks :P I had a really tough time coming up with an idea this week, but I'm trying to make myself submit something each derby. I just looked at a list of "strange words that begin with A".

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Alligator Appetizer RESUB

Collaboration with fishbiscuit. She really is awesome and totally fun to work with! Thanks fishbiscuit.

I realized while saving our print file I totally mocked this design up on the wrong color shirt. It was always intended to go on kelly green and I think it looks MUCH better. Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoy the design, and please vote.

tlynnec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlynnec
Re: Accident

LOVE IT! Great creativity.

hamchilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamchilla
Re: Adorable Angelic African Wild Dog Puppies

Yay! A design with African wild dogs! Love how you continued their patchy patterning on the wings too.

revons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revons
Re: Aspirations of Grandeur

Ha this is really cute.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
gigglingfool wrote:It was submitted under derby 208: Four

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Derby.aspx?id=217&sort=votes

And double-taked. This is the 3rd derby.

Nothing follows.

tojothethief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tojothethief
revons wrote:Ha this is really cute.

Thanks

amen87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amen87
Re: Attacking Alice

I LOVED this shirt. The concept was awesome and I love the red and yellow added that put just the right amount of color. The only criticism I have is that I wish red riding hood didn't look so "charlie brown" Personal opinion of course. I loved this shirt none the less! Great job!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
mrsstudrobinson wrote:Still don't get the naked people thing.

The point is the towels, which every hitch-hiker should have. And now that we've needed to explain it, the problems should be obvious.

More to the point, the question is "What is 9 times 6?" but if you count there's only 7 rows...

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

amen87

Re: Ashes Ashes

This shirt is hilarious! Love it!

MagnusApollo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MagnusApollo

IN regards to the Aquaria Dream shirt... It's a shame that the fish artwork is stolen from Derek Yu, the illustrator for the game Aquaria by BitBlot. It was the same fish and colors swirling around the main character of the game Naija on some of the promotional artwork out there.

amen87

At first glance I didn't get it but then I saw the shadow. I love this it'd be so cute on my little brother who loves dino's. Such a great concept and you did fantastic facial expression. He's so cute XD

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Astronomical Alignment

This is extremely beautiful! Grats to you that it's doing so well - it's deserved.
My little nit-pick bone is itching just a little at the graininess of the moon versus the smooth shimmer of the water. Not that there shouldn't be a difference (hello, duh! Water!). It just for whatever reason looks disparate to me, like the moon should have been just a bit shinier, more polished.
Salt. Grain. Still love the design!

mcarr10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcarr10
Re: Akward Turtle

Awesome Shirt! Wish I had previously purchased something from Woot! so I could vote. I'd definitely want one.

mikenamanda2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikenamanda2010
Re: Akward Turtle

Reminds me of my college days! There were a lot of "Awkward Turtle" moments then.

amen87

Re: Ackbar Ahi

If this shirt doesn't get printed I will literally cry. It's so awesome! If I could I'd +100 but for now... +1. Must have.

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s

Would love to see this one on my chest. :D
Hopefully enough people see it and +1!

draco18s

alex138 wrote:I'll be the first to admit it makes an ugly shirt, but it was fun to draw while watching football on Wildcard Weekend! Don't touch the sides!

Yeah, it does make for kind of a terrible shirt, but there is some good art there. I'll vote for it, simply for it's cleverness.

ApeLad

quality posts: 44 Private Messages ApeLad
mrsstudrobinson wrote:That there is a female angler fish. The males are super tiny, don't have a lure light and certainly don't have gaping jaws and razor sharp fangs.

I am so glad I didn't draw a mustache!

draco18s

bounty42 wrote:More to the point, the question is "What is 9 times 6?" but if you count there's only 7 rows...

Indeed.

(It wasn't until years later that an astute reader noticed that 9 times 6 in base 13 does in fact work out to 42).

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx
Re: Ants on Parade

Considering how awesome this is (huh?) I'm sorry I watched football all weekend, because, you know I won't have enough time, or week-end votes to win. Sorry.

alex138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alex138
draco18s wrote:Yeah, it does make for kind of a terrible shirt, but there is some good art there. I'll vote for it, simply for it's cleverness.

Thanks for the sympathy vote! ;)

mholt15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mholt15

Dude, everything on the shirt is an alien. Alien from the alien movies, Yoda, superman, Space invaders, ET, Dr. Who, all aliens.

bongosolo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bongosolo

Sorry, I think it's a stretch!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Abnormal Octopus

What is the shirt color? Could you place it higher up?

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: astral ark 2

It is a beautiful design, but the placement/shape of it is all wrong for a person with a belly. Sorry.

awkwardmoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awkwardmoose
Re: astral ark

this is stunning. if it doesn't get printed as a shirt I would buy it as a poster in a heartbeat.

bongosolo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bongosolo
Re: Apple Ninja

LOVE this shirt. A definite buy from me if it prints. Thanks for an original idea, unlike the cute animals/fractals/star wars/mario stuff that keeps showing up...

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
torquetiger wrote:Amazing work man, this is beautiful and imaginative on many levels. Looks awesome in shirt-form too, which is certainly a bonus on here. ;)

thank you so much

kharmazero

blk909 wrote:It is a beautiful design, but the placement/shape of it is all wrong for a person with a belly. Sorry.

oh i must admit that i didn't think about this case, but i'll keep it in mind in case of rework

kharmazero

awkwardmoose wrote:this is stunning. if it doesn't get printed as a shirt I would buy it as a poster in a heartbeat.

thanks a lot

kharmazero

ZandersZa wrote:Logged in just to vote for this. Really well done.

thanks a lot, that's nice from you

kharmazero

torquetiger wrote:Amazing work man, this is beautiful and imaginative on many levels. Looks awesome in shirt-form too, which is certainly a bonus on here. ;)

thanks a lot for being so concerned, but i'd say: it's the game ;-)))