jclough59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jclough59
twagenaar wrote:i realize (hope) this was entered as a joke, but i would totally wear this.

'eeeeeey, thanks! It wasn't a joke, but I was unaware of the "no celebrity likenesses rule". Ah well...

jclough59

stingray69 wrote:He's angry because everybody thinks he's an alligator.

Well, or he's angry because he doesn't start with "A", and wishes he WAS an alligator...! Ha ha!

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
Re: Artistic Arrow

Hey Woot rejects if you have more than one color tee suggestion. Decide on one tee color and resubmit.

You can submit second color in seperate submission. FYI

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

kepearce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kepearce

Definitely do it! Because I love this shirt!

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Angel Art

Very clever & cute! I always look forward to your entries.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Remember the 14th of April

"We are Anonymous. We do not forget Abraham. We do not drink blood. We hunt those that do"

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Adventurers Beware

"But then I took an arrow to the dead horse ..."

Has this stupid meme not run its course already? [eyeroll]

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: Animal Astronaut Afternoon Tea

I'm not at all a cat person and yet I still found myself voting for this--great job!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Remember the 14th of April

That might be the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Annabel Lee

A shirt inspired by Annabel Lee, one of my favorite Poe poems.

endangeredomega

Re: Anatomical Aardvark and Adorable Aquaintence

Not really a fan of pop-cult shirts, personally, but this is really nicely rendered. (And I will admit, as a grown man, that I *still* watch this show.)

endangeredomega

Re: Artistic Bird

Lovely linework, but I would have to see how those halftones print before I'd consider buying.

endangeredomega

Re: Arctic Accuracy

+1 from me simply because it's something I've grown tired of pointing out to people recently!

endangeredomega

Re: Ashes Ashes

Clever. Conceptually, it reminds me a lot of a previous design (http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=9596) but im feeling generous - i'll toss a vote your way regardless.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Aunt Annie's Alligator Ate A. A.

I had started on this, but then didn't know if we could parody Dr. Seuss. Looking through past designs, it looks like we have, so here goes. I loved Dr. Seuss' ABC book as a child, as did my kids, but we had to talk about how, even though "Aunt Annie" owned an alligator, the creature would probably eat Aunt Annie in real life.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Aunt Annie's Alligator Ate A. A.

It's like Dr Suess meets Edward Gorey. :D

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Alien Evening

saved

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Aquaria Dream

nice job +1.

Feels very poltergeist-y.

Nothing follows.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Apple Ninja

It's Isao Machii reincarnated as a tree!

move along

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
blanked wrote:That might be the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

Vampire hunters tend to leave that impression...

endangeredomega

Alternate title: How many references can fit on one shirt?

Personally, i just don't 'get' this. What is the purpose behind all of these characters being brought together? There seems to be no rhyme, reason, or story here whatsoever. Where is the parody element?

wepnar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wepnar
Re: Aurora

Must.Have.This.Shirt

jclough59

lyonscc wrote:I had started on this, but then didn't know if we could parody Dr. Seuss. Looking through past designs, it looks like we have, so here goes. I loved Dr. Seuss' ABC book as a child, as did my kids, but we had to talk about how, even though "Aunt Annie" owned an alligator, the creature would probably eat Aunt Annie in real life.

Yeah, I loved that book. Even in my 50s, I can recite almost the entire thing from Memory. Also, (not a Seuss Book) The Berensteins B Book. Loved 'em!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

ramyb

expo01 wrote:Four elements that start with A, Astronomy , Allignment, Aves (birds) , Agua (water) , 3 colors on black , hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it. Thanks!

This design is really lovely- just a thought though, since you only used three colors, maybe you could consider separating out the background white into a light gray? That way you could increase the halftone density/size a little bit and maintain the same effect- Just thinking it might make it a little easier to print, though I'm by no means an expert on printing so it might not make a difference. Regardless, great work

taternuggets

You ever worry about insulting your fan base with something like this?

Nothing follows.

endangeredomega

Re: Aquatic Adventurer

Only 1 letter away?! Damnit. If your name was "SuperTed" you were about to become my new best mate. [pouts]

Arcoventry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arcoventry

I might be sick of this as a meme but I will wear this shirt every day. I posted it on Facebook to rally some votes. And I will now go play Skyrim until my eyes bleed.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Really nice! +1

mugs22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mugs22
Re: Atomic CMYK

For being CMYK its really not that bright. At least, I associate CMYK as bright loud colors. Just a thought.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant

Son of a elf, I'm sick of these dolphins.

Very nice, GMV.

ramyb

taternuggets wrote:You ever worry about insulting your fan base with something like this?

I've seen this type of comment before, but I've never really understood it- There are two possibilities with any given entry: the first is that people will like it, in which case it will get votes. The other is that people will not like it, and it won't. I can design whatever is fun or interesting to me, and then the voters can decide if they like it or not. If it doesn't do well, I'm not sure why anyone would be insulted- I would simply not be rewarded for my time. If it does do well, then clearly people enjoyed the design and so I'm not sure why they would feel insulted.

I assume that your question was supposed to be a sort of passive aggressive rhetorical one that implies that people SHOULD be insulted for some reason, but I will play dumb and answer anyway: no, I don't worry about it. Some designs will strike a chord with people, others won't. Contrary to popular belief, I do a lot of different types of designs (just look at the reckoning if you don't believe me)- I don't worry about how people will react to my designs anymore. I've dealt with enough garbage over the years on woot and have developed tough skin. If this design isn't your cup of tea, maybe the next one will be. If none of my designs are your cup of tea, then it's a good thing that there are hundreds of other designs that print each year.

ludds888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ludds888

This is pretty epic.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Adventurers Beware

Thanks for the support and passing on the word, my fellow Skyrim fans! Fus Ro Dah!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Arrowed Allosaurus

I use to be an adventuring allosaurus when I got an arrow in the knee

taternuggets

ramyb wrote:I've seen this type of comment before, but I've never really understood it- There are two possibilities with any given entry: the first is that people will like it, in which case it will get votes. The other is that people will not like it, and it won't. I can design whatever is fun or interesting to me, and then the voters can decide if they like it or not. If it doesn't do well, I'm not sure why anyone would be insulted- I would simply not be rewarded for my time. If it does do well, then clearly people enjoyed the design and so I'm not sure why they would feel insulted.

I assume that your question was supposed to be a sort of passive aggressive rhetorical one that implies that people SHOULD be insulted for some reason, but I will play dumb and answer anyway: no, I don't worry about it. Some designs will strike a chord with people, others won't. Contrary to popular belief, I do a lot of different types of designs (just look at the reckoning if you don't believe me)- I don't worry about how people will react to my designs anymore. I've dealt with enough garbage over the years on woot and have developed tough skin. If this design isn't your cup of tea, maybe the next one will be. If none of my designs are your cup of tea, then it's a good thing that there are hundreds of other designs that print each year.

Well, hey... if you're proud of it, no worries.

Good luck with it. I've heard rumors that it's pretty epic.

Nothing follows.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Apple Ninja

I love this so much! Nice work, Kevin!

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: Artist with an Accent

It's an A with an accent over it. Just thought it would be fun to draw. And I tried out some halftone stuff too!

Check out my Food design please!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lyonscc wrote:I had started on this, but then didn't know if we could parody Dr. Seuss. Looking through past designs, it looks like we have, so here goes. I loved Dr. Seuss' ABC book as a child, as did my kids, but we had to talk about how, even though "Aunt Annie" owned an alligator, the creature would probably eat Aunt Annie in real life.

Fair warning; entries have been rejected for too closely mimicking Dr. Seuss' style. (I can't get to shirtwhat right now or I'd help you out with specifics)

move along

fishbiscuit5

Re: Apocalyptus!

Adorable!