officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
cjoymr wrote:This looks suspiciously like a Far Side cartoon Gary Larson did in the 80s.

I googled Larson and found an insect shirt but it's nothing like mine...

http://www.agriculture.purdue.edu/agcomm/newscolumns/archives/OSL/2011/August/110811OSL.html

Mine is a yearbook Who's Who for insects and their dubious honors... I was actually Most Talented for my Senior year for my artwork...I think it's a cute idea done with bugs.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
paigeg wrote:Had to vote. This is just too good a mashup to pass on. Plus, the super-scary internet cookies are currently displaying a 'minimally invasive laser spine surgery' ad below the blog box right now, as I type. Frightening. so, OK,OK, GMV!

I would've love to see a screenshot of that. EPIC!

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer
Re: Here's to a long career, cadet!

This was the best design in the derby, and I frankly see no resemblance between the guy on the shirt and Chris Pine. They're reaching.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: World's Best

This design IS the winner of this Derby!

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: World's Best Spinal Surgeon

Love the House reference! Got my vote!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Fair enough. I'm just limp that they rejected me on the day I was getting my print ready artwork together. Wasted the whole datgum morning.

andreasr wrote:I thought the shirt idea was pretty original (sure, there are a lot of these variations but this one is especially original because Woot makes shirts). This is well executed, but I wouldn't wear it though.

officeink

speedlazer wrote:This was the best design in the derby, and I frankly see no resemblance between the guy on the shirt and Chris Pine. They're reaching.

Agreed! Why all the rejections of pop-culture referenced designs?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
speedlazer wrote:This was the best design in the derby, and I frankly see no resemblance between the guy on the shirt and Chris Pine. They're reaching.

Really?
have you looked at the pics in the thread?

move along

khallion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khallion

Thanks. I appreciate that. I was pretty disappointed. I am kind of new to Woot, thuis was my second entry ever.
I used that reference photo for the cadet uniform, but I was not at all trying to make it look like Pine, I wanted it to look like a random guy. Guess I was looking at the photo too much and subconsciously did it? Bummer.

officeink

zaydabarros wrote:It's sneaking up! Make it to the fog! YAAAAYYYYYYY

I voted for it...It's a great design plus I'm partial to red and black so it's a win win!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
paigeg wrote:Hey, I get it. Really late sub, so maybe folks just aren't awake yet.

Both actually. It's rare I don't get a pop culture reference,but this one stumped me.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Most Even Prime Number

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • When the moon is low, we can dance in slow motion and all your tears will subside, all your tears will dry.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37
Re: First in Line

I have a couple of times...

Alas, that was before the wife & kids.

BTW, how do I vote? I'm new to the whole woot derby thing and I want to vote for this shirt?

thatrobert

Re: Most Disturbing Lack of Faith

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • When the moon is low, we can dance in slow motion and all your tears will subside, all your tears will dry.

thatrobert

Re: Newest Moon

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Most Likely to Get Lost

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: World's Best

• This is not SPAM.

nanatheterrible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanatheterrible
Re: Lauwiliwilinukunukuoioi

I don't think the "longest figh name" text is really necessary and it bothers me a little.
Great design though!

griffington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages griffington

This is a lovely design. Stylish and not reliant on overused pop culture tropes. Wonderful job.

mor911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mor911
Re: Bounty Hunter of the Year

This.is.awesome.

thatisall.

clbevilacqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clbevilacqua
Re: The Mask Collector (v 2.0)

I love this design and agree that it would be amazing as a glow in the dark! Good luck re-entering the fog GMV!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Winners at life

The concept alone seals the deal on this one. It's a winner. :^)

thatrobert

bounty42 wrote:Both actually. It's rare I don't get a pop culture reference,but this one stumped me.

The style and original wording of the cup is from the coffee cups commonly seen in NYC. The joke is taken from this classic Twilight Zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIufLRpJYnI

magicwuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magicwuff
artbreaker wrote:Yes he most certainly has passion in his pants... thanks for the comment

good idea. I believe the quote is actually "arrow in the knee."

magicwuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magicwuff
endangeredomega wrote:I think it's meant to be a dig, equating a Brony with a horse's arse. Classy. -_-

here I am thinking there may be a pro brony shirt on woot, oh well.

thatrobert

NuAngel wrote:I wish this was doing way better in the derby. C'mon, does NOBODY remember these with their PC or their NES?

I'm pretty sure it's just you and me!

CraigDMC12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CraigDMC12

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS ONE
Would be cool if the back had the start date and the end date of the STS program

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Most Likely to Get Lost

Wow thanks everyone!

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Thanks ThatRobert!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
fishbiscuit5 wrote:lol! I had to start watching the series over again after all the comments. No touching!

I've watched the whole series 5 or 6 times. It gets better every time.

thatrobert

Epsilon519 wrote:the angle is messing with my head. :-/ still gmv

Thanks. That background probably didn't help my votes...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
thatrobert wrote:The style and original wording of the cup is from the coffee cups commonly seen in NYC. The joke is taken from this classic Twilight Zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIufLRpJYnI

Yeah, I figured it was a LongPork joke, but I couldn't place the reference in regards to the clasical greek motif on the cup.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

fiveonestate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiveonestate
Re: undisputed

speaks a million words

CraigDMC12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CraigDMC12
odysseyroc wrote:If anybody wants a wallpaper of this for their phone

Droid version

IPhone version

The Droid version also works on a blackberry
thanks for the wall paper want the shirt

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the design. I know it has limited appeal, but I'm happy some of you got a kick out of it.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
khallion wrote:Thanks. I appreciate that. I was pretty disappointed. I am kind of new to Woot, thuis was my second entry ever.
I used that reference photo for the cadet uniform, but I was not at all trying to make it look like Pine, I wanted it to look like a random guy. Guess I was looking at the photo too much and subconsciously did it? Bummer.

I hope you can maybe tweak the guy to lessen the resemblance and resubmit this as a daily shirt. I love it!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
CraigDMC12 wrote:The Droid version also works on a blackberry
thanks for the wall paper want the shirt

good to know!

dankzill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dankzill
Re: Lauwiliwilinukunukuoioi

808 fish represent

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
lutherann wrote:Very hard on the eyes

Thanks, I have no sense of a good color palette, but it's good to know I can make a really bad one.