Tessai217

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tessai217
Re: Legendarily Lost

Words don't describe how happy I am that this is back.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
ramyb wrote:On the gray, I felt it looked sloppy and gross, but now these nachos somehow look extremely delicious- I especially like how the jalapeños look on the kelly- great improvement Good luck

Thanks ramy! Sometimes I fail to remember that I am making shirt designs.
I had wanted it to look all sloppy and gross with grease stains and such 'cause I thought it was funny. But really, who wants to wear a shirt with fake grease stains? (besides reprobates like myself, that is).

Something I need to keep in mind.

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
Re: Most viewed hologram

I really think you should change the thumbnail, make it include either Yoda or uh, R2D2(?) because I have skipped right over this entry like, 5 or 6 times. I finally was like "Meh, I might as well take a look" and then BAM Instant Vote. Had I realized it was Star Wars the first time around, I'd have clicked and voted immediately (because it's good/funny, not JUST for the ref). I'm just afraid you might lose out on votes. :-/

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Cleanest Pig
pyromike25 wrote:Nice! +1

Thanks pyromike!

Vote!

scottwaller2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k

I would LOVE this one in the 'grass' (lighter green) color!!!!

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Least Noticed Person Ever

Room full of people and who do you find last? This guy... Enjoy

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
lyonscc wrote:I used a photo (with quite a bit of stylization) that I took on vacation and it met the rejectionator, even upon appeal. Good luck!

Aww, that makes me sad... I hope this doesn't get rejected. :-/

gallifreyk9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreyk9

Star Fleet considers it an honor for anyone to graduate. The fact that he is receiving the uniform is a dubious honor. I want this shirt. Maybe It's just someone who looks like Chris Pine?

I hope you win!
G

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: X-Box Hero

Very cool idea to design gaming medals. Olive was the natural choice too. Good work!

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

I had the same thought. I tried it on green to kinda go with the Xbox green, but the gray got lost on it (or at least it did to me).

scottwaller2k wrote:I would LOVE this one in the 'grass' (lighter green) color!!!!

audentio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audentio

YES YES YES! This is indeed my favorite video game of all time. I really hope you win.

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

This shirt has me in high school written all over it. +1

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
jboshaw wrote:this shirt is great (and i would actually buy it!), but doesn't it count as a text only design?

Thanks for liking it

At it's heart, the graphical element is the design itself. Typically the "no text only" rule is meant to keep you from having a shirt where the only thing on the shirt is a joke, which isn't really the case here since the text is there for the context, not so much their meaning.

These kind of shirts have also survived "no non-incidental text" derbies, which is a stricter standard.

Anyway, I really think the design as a whole satisfies the requirement, and I really hope the rejectionator agrees

pyromike25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyromike25

I didn't get it until i read your comments. Now i like it! +1

ajmyers87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajmyers87
Re: X-Box Hero

Awesome. Most people won't appreciate it's regal nerdy-ness.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Lauwiliwilinukunukuoioi

Everyone knows the longest fish name, the hawaiian humu humu nuku nuku apuaa, right? NOPE! The dubious distinction (because, seriously, what does a fish care?) goes to another native fish...

calittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calittle

humu humu nuku nuku apuaa rolls off the tongue much easier than... whatever that collection of vowels and occasional consonants is supposed to be.

DavidDrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidDrake
Re: Disturbed

I see what you did there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmkvtfEEFT0

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
Re: Employee of the Month

I'm a sucker for Arrested Development shirts!! GMV

PandaDuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PandaDuck
calittle wrote:humu humu nuku nuku apuaa rolls off the tongue much easier than... whatever that collection of vowels and occasional consonants is supposed to be.

Not really. You have the same repetition that makes the humu's name fun to say. (Wili wili nuku nuku oi oi.) Same deal.

zerisama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zerisama

Luckily for me, my cat doesn't do the hairball thing. So I will certainly need this shirt to compensate. I hope it wins!

orionl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orionl

I really hope this makes it. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I'd but it the second it went up.

fuzzycorgi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzycorgi
Re: Least Authentic Taco

JITB cheapie tacos may contain some form of mystery meat, or not, but they are still AWESOME!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
fuzzycorgi wrote:JITB cheapie tacos may contain some form of mystery meat, or not, but they are still AWESOME!

I'm 90% sure they don't contain any kind of meat. I think it's a mixture of soy and cardboard, but I couldn't be sure.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Participant!

You need to have this on a t-shirt template on the comp, or it will be rejected. Can you switch the comp with the thumbnail?

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: Epic Hairball

Love the hairball! hilarious and love how you rendered it.

midgerock

Re: The Most Even Prime Number

definitely took a lot of work to get all those numbers to line up like that. or at least for me it would be daunting. well done!

midgerock

Re: Employee of the Month

not familiar with the reference but frozen banana sounds yummy!

midgerock

Re: Here's to a long career, cadet!

the look on his face is priceless! definitely an "Oh SH--!" moment!

midgerock

j5 wrote:Most resubbed

how many times has this been subbed? this is the second time, right, or am I wrong?

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: the number one most viewed hologram in the galaxy

I took kllangellier's advice and resubbed this with a more indicative thumbnail. Thanks kllangellier!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Lauwiliwilinukunukuoioi

Thank you for letting us know this. I probably didn't need to know this, but now that I do, it will be stuck with me forever.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
kevlar51 wrote:Thanks for liking it

At it's heart, the graphical element is the design itself. Typically the "no text only" rule is meant to keep you from having a shirt where the only thing on the shirt is a joke, which isn't really the case here since the text is there for the context, not so much their meaning.

These kind of shirts have also survived "no non-incidental text" derbies, which is a stricter standard.

Anyway, I really think the design as a whole satisfies the requirement, and I really hope the rejectionator agrees

I am pretty sure this one will get through- this design comes to mind, which made it through a no text-only derby (as did my own Schrodinger's equation shirt in the same derby). The only reason I could think of that this might be different is that the number 2 itself might still be considered text, while the other two made a shape that wasn't just text, but I think this should still fall under the same principle of small parts making a greater whole. I'm pretty sure the no text-only rule is more like no slogan-only. Good luck

theLordsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLordsarmy
ApeLad wrote:I took kllangellier's advice and resubbed this with a more indicative thumbnail. Thanks kllangellier!

I for one think that was a great idea. I wouldn't have even looked at the other one after viewing it on shirt.what, but I did with the new thumbnail and then I voted for it. GL

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Legendarily Lost

Oh no :/ If you have time to redraw the idea, you could try drawing him from the back with the map upside down, and maybe lose some of the clothing details- I'd get rid of the name in the top left too to be safe. Real bummer, it's a really funny shirt

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Radscoolian wrote:If you love democracy, you should vote for this shirt.

Seriously? Do you hate Liberty? Don't look at me! I know you love freedom, but that guy over there... No! Don't look now.

edit: Thanks, Jasneko, for the color suggestion. It definitely looks better.

Sure thing. Looks great now, much more delicious. I want nachos now!

Vote!

fistsofham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fistsofham
midgerock wrote:Hey gang! I hope people like the design and here's a link to a larger jpeg of the design for details.

On the topic of pugs, [sidebar] I have always wanted one. If I were to have one I would name him Niegel and he would have a British accent.
And he would wear a smoking jacket and blue ascot, because blues my favorite color and
a smoking jacket... because a pug in a smoking jacket would be cute and funny.
Please excuse my ramblings...

There's no such thing as having only one pug. Once you get one, they multiply in the dead of night. Then the next morning, you have two or three.

midgerock

Re: THE HIPPO WHO WAS HUNGRIER

Love it! very cute and clever.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
calittle wrote:humu humu nuku nuku apuaa rolls off the tongue much easier than... whatever that collection of vowels and occasional consonants is supposed to be.

I personally like the other one:

"loe willy willy nookoo nookoo OI OI!"

This one is funnier to me because you can scream Oy Oy! at the end. And I'm always a fan of the hawaiian glottal stop on a lot of the names of their wildlife.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Legendarily Lost (resub)

Its still on the shirt in your comp.