jovanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovanna

Hi Guys,
This is my second post to the woot derby. The Smartest Pet Rock:

Let me know what you think!

theokayandrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theokayandrew
Re: It's an Illusion, Michael

I thought this was going to be an Arrested Development reference, so I'm surprised. But I like original designs more than ones with references, so you got my vote.

alientoaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alientoaster
Re: Smartest Pet Rock

Wow, look at those glasses! He's so intelligent!

departeddanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages departeddanger

These are definitely more humorous than last week's, love the star wars one.

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Unexpected Guest

I love the design, but it seems off-topic to me. Where's the dubious honor?

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
Re: Achievement unlocked

Oh, this is full of so much win. I need this for both myself, my brother, and my roommate hahaha. +1!

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
Re: The Mask Collector

Oh, Ramy. I have always enjoyed your work. But the fact that you included a Spirited Away and V for Vendetta reference in this shirt just made me fall a little bit in love with this design. Definitely GMV!!

ksschneider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksschneider
pyromike25 wrote:I Like It. I like your description also. +1

Thanks! Glad you like it! ^^

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
theLordsarmy wrote:I for one think that was a great idea. I wouldn't have even looked at the other one after viewing it on shirt.what, but I did with the new thumbnail and then I voted for it. GL

Thanks! If it wins I'll have to send a thank you note.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
ApeLad wrote:Thanks! If it wins I'll have to send a thank you note.

(To kllangellier I mean.)

ksschneider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksschneider
Re: Bell Curve Summiteer

Well, congratulations! You've made it to the top... That's a good thing, right? ;D

GeneralAnubis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GeneralAnubis

Wow, yay iPad somehow posted to the wrong shirt...doh.

GeneralAnubis

GeneralAnubis wrote:Wow, yay iPad somehow posted to the wrong shirt...doh.

Wakko Talks Faboo! weird, ok well..maybe it didn't (getting confused here)

Anyway, my original comment:

Hope I'm not the only one to notice this, but the zipper of his pants looks a little....... odd... May want to make one of the lines lighter there....

I thought the shirtwas funny though, despite the tiredness of the joke.

GeneralAnubis

Re: Man with the World's Largest Rooster

I c what u did thar.

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls
Re: Awk-award

If this doesn't get sold, I'm going to cry at a completely inappropriate time.

jovanna

alientoaster wrote:Wow, look at those glasses! He's so intelligent!

One Vote! Horray!

hannahkp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hannahkp
Re: World's Best

I have never wanted a shirt as much as I want this one. I know a lot of people who would simultaneously love and hate this.

handsomemax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages handsomemax
Re: Staring Contest Champion

Wait, is this a Milo and Otis shirt?

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Bankruptcy By T-Shirt

Alas, I can't vote for this; I only count 17 shirts ...

lilgreymouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilgreymouse
Re: Here's to a long career, cadet!

At the risk of sounding like a HUGE nerd, the red shirt thing only works with the original series... You have a Next Generation uniform there, so the joke is kind of lost. Captain Picard wore a red uniform, and he didn't die. ;)

I'm trying hard not to mention that the date in the background is almost 100 years after Starfleet would even issue TNG style uniforms, but then I'd REALLY start coming off as a basement dwelling freak.

All that being said, it's a funny and well drawn shirt, but it would be way better if it had a original series red shirt!

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon
Re: Worst Sense of Direction Award Winner

If there were an award for having the worst sense of direction this person would certainly win it. True to the old saying - they can't even find their way out of a paper bag.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.

timecloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timecloud
Re: World's Worst Gamer

Couldn't even manage to score a few drop points.... how sad.

Illidan1993

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Illidan1993
Re: The Mask Collector

This shirt is amazing. Everything it's referencing is amazing, especially MM... There's only one thing I'm curious about. What made you decide to make the little flying helper blue (OoT) instead of yellow (MM)?

But seriously, I love this.

silverfox333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfox333
Re: the most disguised panda

Not especially thrilled about the apple face one, not really sure what thats all about. But love the shirt all the same.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: First in Line

Admit it you've done this

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
ApeLad wrote:I took kllangellier's advice and resubbed this with a more indicative thumbnail. Thanks kllangellier!

Haha, thanks for the shout out, lol. I'm glad I could help! I really hope this helps pump up the votes, it's a really good shirt. GL!

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: Like No One Ever Was!

I am a Pokemon Master at heart! A huge accomplishment in my opinion.

Check out my Food design please!

kllangellier

Illidan1993 wrote:There's only one thing I'm curious about. What made you decide to make the little flying helper blue (OoT) instead of yellow (MM)?

I think if he'd chosen yellow it would have been too green. I know that sounds dumb, but I feel like the blue either compliments the green or holds it's own. For me, yellow is too similar to green. Kinda like red and pink? Maybe I'm just crazy... As far as references go, I'd say OoT was far more popular than MM, so blue for Navi also makes me ♥ this shirt more.

swellodell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swellodell

I WANT THIS SHIRT! But I'd want it even more if it said "put on pants" instead.

Re: Achievement unlocked

kllangellier

Dolemite wrote:Thats the same one I found. Not for nothing, but I think mine looks better. :P

Agreed, most definitely better! This would be a great shirt for my friend. Haha

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
kllangellier wrote:I think if he'd chosen yellow it would have been too green. I know that sounds dumb, but I feel like the blue either compliments the green or holds it's own. For me, yellow is too similar to green. Kinda like red and pink? Maybe I'm just crazy... As far as references go, I'd say OoT was far more popular than MM, so blue for Navi also makes me ♥ this shirt more.

The color argument you mentioned is pretty much spot on in terms of my reason for choosing blue- I wanted the color to bring the design to life and felt it was very plain without that added spark. I also incorporated the blue as a highlight throughout the rest of the shirt to keep it from all looking like one color. I debated on the accuracy but decided to side with aesthetics in this case glad you are both liking the shirt anyway

zoobawa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoobawa
lilgreymouse wrote:At the risk of sounding like a HUGE nerd, the red shirt thing only works with the original series... You have a Next Generation uniform there, so the joke is kind of lost. Captain Picard wore a red uniform, and he didn't die. ;)

False, in the JJ Abrams movie the only person who wore a Red Shirt (that went to a planet) was the British Engineer Dude who decided to not open his parachute until it was too late and he died. (an obvious nod to TOS)

jpeng225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpeng225
silverfox333 wrote:Not especially thrilled about the apple face one, not really sure what thats all about. But love the shirt all the same.

It's a reference to Magritte's Son of Man painting I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong artist.

http://www.mattesonart.com/Data/Sites/1/magritte/sonofman%281%29.jpg

jen621k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jen621k

jen621k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jen621k
Re: Epic Hairball

love this one! very nice

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: Empirical Champion

He's held the record for nearly 26 years...who will dethrone him?

alientoaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alientoaster
Re: Happiest Place On Earth

This is not even a place on Earth. It is in the sky. Maybe it won an honorable mention?

kllangellier

bpeterson82 wrote:He's held the record for nearly 26 years...who will dethrone him?

DeathStar could be copyright. Also, is starring meant to be a play on words, or is it a typo? Otherwise, cool shirt!

jovanna

Re: Best Friend Ever!

BEEP BEEP, I AM YOUR FRIEND.