RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

At this point, I'm curious how the price increase has affected sales. At least at a glance it looks like fewer additional purchases (if memory serves, a higher percentage of people bought two or more shirts in the past).

Reelenator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reelenator

Aw, too bad it doesn't say Keep It REEL. So close!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Obligatory FSM

RandomLynx wrote:At this point, I'm curious how the price increase has affected sales. At least at a glance it looks like fewer additional purchases (if memory serves, a higher percentage of people bought two or more shirts in the past).

I tracked the stats here, but for those too lazy to click, here they are again.

First day sales since price increase:

Monday 01/16: 825
Tuesday 01/17: 6000
Wednesday 01/18: 669
Thursday 01/19: 1240
Friday 01/20: 1557
Saturday 01/21: 2404
Sunday 01/22: 659
Monday 01/23: 321
Tuesday 01/24: 3797
Wednesday 01/25: 762
Thursday 01/26: 94
Friday 01/27: 1425
Saturday 01/28: 583
Sunday 01/29: 2975
Monday 01/30: 825

move along

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

This would be the perfect shirt for Marshall Eriksen!

buttermiked

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buttermiked
battra92 wrote:Basically some people just feel the need to be bigots. Cheers to Woot for not allowing hate on their shirts.

It's not bigoted to point out true things.

Bigotry often thought of as prejudice against... differing sex, race, ethnicity, religious belief, nationality, sexual orientation, age

It's always curious to me that "religious belief" is added in there as it's the only thing in that list you're not born with.

People don't deserve special respect for pretending to know things they do not actually know.

PS... Nice shirt!

darkestangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkestangel

Damn you broke me...I swore my cheap arse wasn't going to pay the two dollar hike increase yet this shirt did it for me. I had to have it!

rhoffmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhoffmann
bluejester wrote:I seriously don't get why some of you would want to go out of your way to bash people's faith.

The comments about lack of a religion represented on the shirt seem less about the design itself, and more about making a sideswipe comment towards people of faith.

What gives?

Well, perhaps it's an objection to the very idea of faith being the sole reason to accept a premise?

Unless it can give some support for its claims, religion doesn't deserve any inherent respect - no more than believing in dragons or Elvis being alive.

Believing something based on faith alone isn't sensible, and the only reason it gets a pass in present society is because a majority accept it, as explained with the Russel's Teapot thought experiment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russel%27s_teapot

Oh, and as an aside? Perhaps one of the reasons people are choosing to point out the flaws in that sort of belief system is that for the longest time they wouldn't have been able to without suffering violent repercussion from zealots. Which does still occur today.

Your point is not decrying unfair bias against religion, but complaining about the removal of the ridiculous special privileges it has enjoyed until recently.

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00
battra92 wrote:Basically some people just feel the need to be bigots. Cheers to Woot for not allowing hate on their shirts.

Just an FYI, thinking something is stupid isn't being a bigot. But kudos on your open mindedness.

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
j5 wrote:
I tracked the stats here.

It really is a fascinating list you've got there, thanks for putting it together.

buttermiked wrote:
PS... Nice shirt!

PS... Appreciate the attempt to actually stay on topic with that! ;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

towoottowho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages towoottowho

Noticed the $12.00 price about two weeks ago - looked all over for discussion - could not find it - saw the link in the discussion today - (to a page that no longer exists when you click the link but finally did find discussion in frequent questions section plus the Woot rationale.)

Bottom line - you don't notice the increase until you actually consider a shirt - just the principle of the thing - another gouge in a slow economy - and lack of discussion - has kept me from purchasing two shirts - today's included - Somehow, paying $12 for an item I don't really need makes me more hesitant than paying $10.00 - free shipping - wheee -Take that WOOT! But . . . I really like this shirt!

foxbite

quality posts: 13 Private Messages foxbite

Can't wait to put on my Real shirt and my wizard hat.

mialie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mialie

I totally want this shirt, but it doesn't have a dragon! Epic Fail!

mlutz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlutz3
cleaner00 wrote:Just an FYI, thinking something is stupid isn't being a bigot. But kudos on your open mindedness.

Thinking "something" is stupid doesn't make you a bigot, thinking religion is stupid gives you a close minded attitude, aka bigot.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
towoottowho wrote:Noticed the $12.00 price about two weeks ago - looked all over for discussion - could not find it - saw the link in the discussion today - (to a page that no longer exists when you click the link but finally did find discussion in frequent questions section plus the Woot rationale.)

Bottom line - you don't notice the increase until you actually consider a shirt - just the principle of the thing - another gouge in a slow economy - and lack of discussion - has kept me from purchasing two shirts - today's included - Somehow, paying $12 for an item I don't really need makes me more hesitant than paying $10.00 - free shipping - wheee -Take that WOOT! But . . . I really like this shirt!

Pretty sure this link works. But thanks for the input on the shirt too!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester
mlutz3 wrote:Thinking "something" is stupid doesn't make you a bigot, thinking religion is stupid gives you a close minded attitude, aka bigot.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. It feels like the argument being made is "It's open minded for me to trash religion and faith."

manphiso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manphiso
mlutz3 wrote:Thinking "something" is stupid doesn't make you a bigot, thinking religion is stupid gives you a close minded attitude, aka bigot.

I think you've proven a few of the commenters point. People like to grant religion some sort of increased privilege.

It has as much scientific proof as big foot and is far more unlikely(just because of the incredibly extraordinary claim it makes). However, saying its stupid is decried as bigoted and closed minded.

beecombs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beecombs

i'm so excited that my shirt has sparked so much controversy as to the existence of a god.

fyi: was going to include it, but ended up not. oh well!

all hail fsm

j5

beecombs wrote:i'm so excited that my shirt has sparked so much controversy as to the existence of a god.

fyi: was going to include it, but ended up not. oh well!

That would have certainly made for an active discussion thread and highly polarized sales, had Woot even agreed to print it as such. Interesting times.

move along

basharoftheages

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basharoftheages
j5 wrote:

First day sales since price increase:

Wouldn't you need to include several weeks worth of pre-hike data to get anything meaningful from that list? That's way too much noise to even spot a trend.

devine87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devine87

How come there wasn't a random shirt this month?

Christie

j5

basharoftheages wrote:Wouldn't you need to include several weeks worth of pre-hike data to get anything meaningful from that list? That's way too much noise to even spot a trend.

Correct.
Year over year would be the best option, to account for seasonal effects, but there is no data that far back, and the demographics are different.

So here are the runup numbers post Christmas.

Monday 12/26: 613
Tuesday 12/27: 653
Wednesday 12/28: 3418
Thursday 12/29: 311
Friday 12/30: 3279
Saturday 12/31: 1499
Sunday 01/01: 941

Monday 01/02: 2909
Tuesday 01/03: 1240
Wednesday 01/04: 2166
Thursday 01/05: 2469
Friday 01/06: 3441
Saturday 01/07: 1305
Sunday 01/08: 908

Monday 01/09: 4321
Tuesday 01/10: 3340
Wednesday 01/11: 1346
Thursday 01/12: 1593
Friday 01/13: 1632
Saturday 01/14: 1433
Sunday 01/15: 1835

------------Increase----------------

move along

uttc16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uttc16
j5 wrote:tl; dr Stats

I would also like to point out that because you have inconsistent shirt quality/customer taste, I'm not certain you can spot a trend... maybe if the backlogged shirts went to $17 , then you could do it also, but differing product is just going to give you garbage statistics.

pacatak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pacatak

would totally buy if it didn't have the unicorn and wand.

The rest fit an x files theme, the other two aren't claimed to be real by anyone, except little girls

rhollon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhollon

This would have been great if they added a pic of god...

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

I wouldn't even consider buying this shirt if it had a religious reference. As is, the shirt is a lot of fun. Why alienate anyone with my clothing (including myself)? I'll wait a few days to purchase this so I can give the artist a "tip" for Keeping it FUN!

07/11/14

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

It amazes me that everyone feels the need to spout their religious/atheist beliefs on a thread for a t-shirt.

The details on the shirt make it great. Not one that will end up in my collection, but noteworthy nonetheless.

darkfate00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkfate00

Im not religious but why does everyone keep bringing that up? Putting it on there would alienate people who do believe in whatever religion that was being bashed in the shirt. To those people who are religious it isn't fake it is real. It would have been in bad taste for the designer to put ANY religious figure on the shirt.

BTW: the way the creatures are faded in white on the shirt reminds me of the back of a Magic Eye book when they show you what was in each picture. If you've ever owned a Magic Eye book you know what'll I mean.

danlecompte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danlecompte
rhollon wrote:This would have been great if they added a pic of god...

Think of that one yourself? Or did you read it earlier when two other people posted the same thing before you and feel that maybe if you said it like you just invented the idea, it would somehow garner you great acclaim as a witty jokester?

Brilliant!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 619

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: keats
Last purchase time: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 11:57:21 PM Central Time
Order pace: 2m 19.321s
Woot wage: $3,756.96
Woots sold: 619

Sill no updates so: First day 619

rhoffmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhoffmann
darkfate00 wrote:Im not religious but why does everyone keep bringing that up? Putting it on there would alienate people who do believe in whatever religion that was being bashed in the shirt. To those people who are religious it isn't fake it is real. It would have been in bad taste for the designer to put ANY religious figure on the shirt.

BTW: the way the creatures are faded in white on the shirt reminds me of the back of a Magic Eye book when they show you what was in each picture. If you've ever owned a Magic Eye book you know what'll I mean.

If it's ok to put an imaginary friend on the shirt, and you're entirely unafraid of offending those who earnestly believe their imaginary friend is real, adding a religious reference differs only in that more people believe in that particularly imaginary friend.

Beliefs deserve no inherent respect without considering their validity, no matter how many people drink the kool-aid.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
rhoffmann wrote:

Beliefs deserve no inherent respect without considering their validity, no matter how many people drink the kool-aid.

Everyone deserves respect, and respecting their personal beliefs is part of that. Others don't have the right to bash you for your lack of belief either.

God forbid we all just treat each other with common decency.

pandadear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandadear

I got this shirt and there's a weird signature or number pattern written in some kind of gold sharpie on the back (it doesn't appear to be part of the design at all). Can anyone tell me what this is/what it means?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

pandadear wrote:I got this shirt and there's a weird signature or number pattern written in some kind of gold sharpie on the back (it doesn't appear to be part of the design at all). Can anyone tell me what this is/what it means?

Please take a photo of it and send a link to the photo along with your order number and question to service@woot.com. Why? Because that's just odd.

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati
goldenthorn wrote:Please take a photo of it and send a link to the photo along with your order number and question to service@woot.com. Why? Because that's just odd.

I had this this draped over a lamp and kept trying to get it to glow, finally realizing that it doesn't glow at all... I had forgotten. I like the T, but it really does seem like it ought to glow, damn it >