lsvball33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lsvball33

Haha Hunger Games... Tacos... I get it

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl

i don't get it

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

For those who don't get it: Wikipedia is your friend.

popmaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages popmaster

thats a pretty awesome shirt, HUNGER GAMES FTW reading them right now, please no one ruin the ending!!!

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
spilzer wrote:For those who don't get it: Wikipedia is your friend.

If Wikipedia is one's friend, then TvTropes is one's mortal enemy.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

gilfOG

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gilfOG

$12?!? When did this price jump happen? No more shirt.woot for me, it seems :/

total woots: 11
total shirt.woots:15
total sellout.woot:3

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
ChaosDoctor07 wrote:If Wikipedia is one's friend, then TvTropes is one's mortal enemy.

Truer words have ne'er been spoken.

dmgenesis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dmgenesis

Must. Resist. The. Urge. To. Buy. Real. Tacos.

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07

Also, do you know what they call a Battle Royale in America?

A Battle Quarter Pounder.

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

popmaster

squirrrl wrote:i don't get it

it has to do with the hunder games and in the book there are 12 districts there used to be 13 but it was destroyed by the capitol, and there are hints of another even older district, the latino district, but as they did not produce anything good for the capitol their great district, district 14 was destroyed, never another taco was eaten in that world... true story!

apeda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeda

I really want this right now...I'll check again tomorrow when I'm sober.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

Tacos? I thought there was a ban on woot related designs...

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

If you haven't read The Hunger Games, stop whatever you're doing at this moment, find this book somewhere, by whatever means necessary, sit your bahonkas down somewhere, and do not move until you finish it (which will be quite easy, once you start.) These books - or the first one, at least - are absolutely amazing. Have not talked to anyone who read it that didn't completely love it.

popmaster

gilfOG wrote:$12?!? When did this price jump happen? No more shirt.woot for me, it seems :/

dude are you serious? 12 dollars for a shirt anywhere is a good deal, and these shirts are sort of one of a kind, so keep buying keep woot alive!!!

eliot12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliot12

oh, God... it's perfect... I probably would kill somebody for a taco.

gilfOG

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gilfOG
popmaster wrote:dude are you serious? 12 dollars for a shirt anywhere is a good deal, and these shirts are sort of one of a kind, so keep buying keep woot alive!!!

It absolutely is not a good deal. The blank shirts themselves cost around $3, I know because I used to buy wholesale from AA also.

total woots: 11
total shirt.woots:15
total sellout.woot:3

sublimerae

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sublimerae

I was kinda hoping this shirt would be available in pink.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

If I buy this shirt, it would be the third taco related woot shirt I would own. I don't see this as a bad thing, but I should really read Hunger Games first.

kaidenshi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kaidenshi
calebmitchell wrote:If you haven't read The Hunger Games, stop whatever you're doing at this moment, find this book somewhere, by whatever means necessary, sit your bahonkas down somewhere, and do not move until you finish it (which will be quite easy, once you start.) These books - or the first one, at least - are absolutely amazing. Have not talked to anyone who read it that didn't completely love it.

My girlfriend convinced me to read them since she is "dragging me to see the movie kicking and screaming" as she put it. The first book was very well written and it's a great story. Granted, I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stuff but it was an interesting take.

The second read a lot like early Piers Anthony; not a bad thing necessarily as I like him, but it didn't have the same flow as the first. The third and final(?) book felt way too rushed; it would have been better to be a quadrilogy so the last part of the story could be properly fleshed out.

But in short: Read it! It's a great series overall.

bnlfanmatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bnlfanmatt
gilfOG wrote:It absolutely is not a good deal. The blank shirts themselves cost around $3, I know because I used to buy wholesale from AA also.

Used to? Do you know if AA prices have gone up? And then there's ink, royalty to artist, machinery, etc, plus shipping, unless you think shipping is truly free. Comparing a shirt that is designed, printed and shipped to you versus a blank shirt is hardly valid.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston

Whoa. When was the last time we had a RobGlenn shirt??

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

army01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages army01
sublimerae wrote:I was kinda hoping this shirt would be available in pink.

I see what you did there.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
kaidenshi wrote:My girlfriend convinced me to read them since she is "dragging me to see the movie kicking and screaming" as she put it. The first book was very well written and it's a great story. Granted, I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stuff but it was an interesting take.

The second read a lot like early Piers Anthony; not a bad thing necessarily as I like him, but it didn't have the same flow as the first. The third and final(?) book felt way too rushed; it would have been better to be a quadrilogy so the last part of the story could be properly fleshed out.

But in short: Read it! It's a great series overall.

Yeah, the second book, while still quite good, was just not quite up to par with the first one. And honestly, as much I loved the first two, I prefer to pretend like the third one just didn't happen -.-" I mean...it was still better than most teen-fiction books, but it was just nowhere near as good as the first two, and I agree that it felt entirely too rushed.

alientoaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alientoaster

Did anyone else think this was a Ron Paul reference? 14th Congressional District, Tex-Mex taco cuisine...

Yell0w

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Yell0w

a taco? not a burrito? aww man, getting late night cravings now!!

Razer Protone m250 Street-Style Clip Earphones (3), Razer Copperhead 2000dpi Laser Gaming Mouse
(shirt.woot) USA 2145, Floating Squishy, The Creative Thought Process, Aaarrrgyle, Unfriendly Locals, BFF, RAAAARR!, Apathetic in the Face of Certain Annihilation, Dino Wino, Angry Day, Sleeping Problems, Please Don’t Feed The Whatever That Thing Is, Loves Me

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

What would happen if a girl from District 12, who was playing the Hunger Games, ate a prawn from District 9?

The mind reels.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

kz585

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kz585

Hunger Games?
Havent read it.

This just reminded me how awesome of a movie District 9 was.
Where's District 10?!

wakingmind

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wakingmind

District 14 specializes in the creation of food trucks.

hairofthedog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hairofthedog

Where's the love for "Battle Royale?" I'm actually reading that right now, after reading the Hunger Games, so hopefully I'll be able say "Well, it's no 'Battle Roayle,' but" with authority!

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito
calebmitchell wrote:If you haven't read The Hunger Games, stop whatever you're doing at this moment, find this book somewhere, by whatever means necessary, sit your bahonkas down somewhere, and do not move until you finish it (which will be quite easy, once you start.) These books - or the first one, at least - are absolutely amazing. Have not talked to anyone who read it that didn't completely love it.

or just reread battle royale and write in the appropriate character names with a bic

rizaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rizaroni

squeeee! Love the Hunger Games and my 13-yr-old daughter will want it too!

Larisa

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito
eco2geek wrote:What would happen if a girl from District 12, who was playing the Hunger Games, ate a prawn from District 9?

The she would have the ability to fire the prawn weapons, so says my witch doctor

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
migelito wrote:or just reread battle royale and write in the appropriate character names with a bic

Or get a copy of "Plotto" and rewrite every book ever written while imagining cool Woot designs on your $3 blank t-shirts.

kazen117

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kazen117

well this is a first. Suzanne Collins should be very proud. very proud indeed.

calanthium

quality posts: 15 Private Messages calanthium

Ahhhhh, basking in the bliss of ignorance.

cvargo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvargo1

why does this awesome shirt have to come up when the wife says no more??????

Excuse me but I just wooted

chinarosary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinarosary

And here I thought this was a reference to Joseph "I Might Have Tacos" Maturo.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

Besides the cool designs, this is exactly why I like visiting shirt.woot -- references to bits of pop culture that I've never heard of before.

Regarding the quality of woot's shirts, I personally wish they were made out of heavier, thicker fabric. I think the price is very good, but the shirts themselves are pretty thin.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

Loonknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loonknight

I thought the $12 shirt was for the silver color yesterday. If this is the new standard the shirt price, the shirts I'll buy here have to be that much better. It's going to be interesting to see how much the mystery shirts are going to be now.