72%
6%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

GitEmSteveDave

quality posts: 17 Private Messages GitEmSteveDave

Where's heart? Poor little Ma-ti and Suchi get snubbed again.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

Congrats Omar, awesome movement! Almost reminds me of an awesome olympic theme.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Omar!

sbol2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbol2k

is this for the 2012 or 2016 Olympics?

ambushbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ambushbug

multipass?

dekulink

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dekulink

I feel lost. I don't get the reference. :C

FastEddieV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FastEddieV

It reminds me of Okami I can feel the Celestial Brush's influence on this one

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
GitEmSteveDave wrote:Where's heart? Poor little Ma-ti and Suchi get snubbed again.

If you ever get around to reading the shirt write-up, boy, is your face gonna be red!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages avatard

Amazing watercolors. Reminds me so much of Avatar: The Last Airbender...username related. if only the shirt went water, earth, fire, air but i'll take it anyway.

trixydan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trixydan

It reminds me of Olympics event designs. With the offset color blocks standing in for the rings, and the little guy at the top for some new and very fast downhill sport...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 114 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I'm trying to figure out what the little black symbol at the top is. Looks like a man flying across. Anyone know?

dmgenesis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dmgenesis

Its like the logo of the band Black Flag, but way more colorful-y and less grotesque.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Yup, instabuy. Voted for it, love it, now I own this baby!

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 92 Private Messages Thirdbase9
ambushbug wrote:multipass?

"Yeah, multipass, she knows it's a multipass."

I don't know.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
avatard wrote:Amazing watercolors. Reminds me so much of Avatar: The Last Airbender...username related. if only the shirt went water, earth, fire, air but i'll take it anyway.

I am not 'tarded over avatar but I felt the same way when I saw the shirt.

wtfemokid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wtfemokid

My first thought exactly

tcamaleon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcamaleon

That's my brother!!!

bpeterson82

First here http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=60111 is the submission with awesome comments including what the black part is for.

and this is because this needs the 5th element:

Mul-ti-pass!

subzero512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages subzero512

I love the design but I hate the color shirt its on. Wish the black splatter was white and this was a black shirt.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

Congrats!

bpeterson82

NOTE ON SHIRT COLOR: The derby required certain colors. Please see the Derby page for explanation.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Derby.aspx?id=245

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

I like the black marks at the top. Those subtle "brush strokes" add a bit of character to the design and make it feel a bit more like an actual water color painting.

This has to be one of my favorite derbies in a while.

Congrats on the print Omar.

trinsf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trinsf

I wanted it to win, it won, and I bought it. Also posted to FB and other places so my fellow Div School people (and pagans, and environmentalists and granola California types) see it. FYI, while I know you all are all Airbender and Fifth Element about this, I am all Fifth Sacred Thing about it -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fifthsacredthing/the-fifth-sacred-thing . It's got a nice elemental pagan vibe that suits me that way.

ganome

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ganome

needs more Elements of Harmony

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Wow, this is crazy! Thanks everyone that voted and made this a reality. This is my first "real" print and I couldn't be happier! Now I know what other amazing artists here at Woot feel every time they see a design of theirs getting printed. Thanks guys for the support. I'll keep them coming

The design is a watercolor representation of the four "Elements of Life", water, fire, air and earth.

The black strokes aren't any form of text, they are a representation of Aether, "the material that fills the universe above the terrestrial sphere".

bpeterson82

omarfeliciano wrote:Wow, this is crazy! Thanks everyone that voted and made this a reality. This is my first "real" print and I couldn't be happier! Now I know what other amazing artists here at Woot feel every time they see a design of theirs getting printed. Thanks guys for the support. I'll keep them coming

The design is a watercolor representation of the four "Elements of Life", water, fire, air and earth.

The black strokes aren't any form of text, they are a representation of Aether, "the material that fills the universe above the terrestrial sphere".

This is my desktop background, freaking LOVE IT!

jjpeters1100

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jjpeters1100

How did I miss this one. I don't even remember seeing this design. I really like it.

Oh yahttp://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/434642cf-117e-4c4b-a1ae-78519489f593.png

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

Which bending style are you?

tomalley6

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tomalley6

Wear this shirt if you're the avatar.

guitar2adam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guitar2adam

Looks like the stones from The Fifth Element. Except there should be Earth instead of...Plant.

Evilash422

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Evilash422

This could have been such a great Avatar: The Last Airbender Shirt.

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184

I need a definite, was SHE the 5th element or was it love?

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
bpeterson82 wrote:First here http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=60111 is the submission with awesome comments including what the black part is for.

Someone in that Derby entry thread mentioned that this would make a great tote... I hope someone at Woot made a note of that for future weekly special sale purposes!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

corinthian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages corinthian

Kinda reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender (that right, I reference cartoons that weren't made 20 years ago...)

tomalley6

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tomalley6
DianaSprinkle wrote:I'm trying to figure out what the little black symbol at the top is. Looks like a man flying across. Anyone know?

It's Ang the airbender air-vaulting across all the elements to show them who's boss.

loganfre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganfre

This weeks shirts have been the worst I've ever seen on Woot. I really could use another shirt, but I guess I will have to look elsewhere.

koschild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koschild
bpeterson82 wrote:First here http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=60111 is the submission with awesome comments including what the black part is for.

and this is because this needs the 5th element:

Mul-ti-pass!

Yes Ma-Ti...Heart is the 5th element.. Supreme Being

wmlagna

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wmlagna

Love the design.
Just wish woot would start sizing their tshirts correctly. Tshirts are to be worn as top shirts and are sized accordingly. Undershirts are sized slightly smaller to be worn under topshirts comfortably. So, woot sells tshirts with undershirt sizing. There is nothing athletic or form fitting about it - the shirts are just plain sized incorrectly. The standard for US sizing is as follows: width/length in inches - Small 18/25 medium 20/26 large 22/27 xlarge 24/28 So if the WOOT shirts do not match AFTER laundering then they are improperly sized.
And yes, my daughter knows what size to buy if she wants it to fit her form...but the rest of us just want to buy our ACTUAL size.

melalyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melalyn

You're right. It's missing the Fifth Element...