Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

They tower over the literatures of their respective nations. They've shaped our language, our ideas, and our mustaches. And they've dominated the Shirt.Woot charts for years. But until now, they've never stood quill-to-quill in the ring. Shirt.Woot is proud to present Poe vs. Shakespeare, the knock-down, drag-out bookbrawl that will leave one master in pieces!

The following tees, long-sleeves, posters, hoodies, and totes are divided evenly between the Bard of Avon and the Brooder of Baltimore. The final bell will toll (yes, we know that's John Donne) at the stroke of midnight on the morning of Monday, February 13. Orders will begin shipping on February 15.

Long-Sleeve Tee - $20
by Joao Lauro Fonte

Poster 16"x 20" - $15
by Brett Waldon AKA SeedUvPain

Pullover Hoodie - $25

Tee - $15
by tgentry
by Drakxxx & Crescentdebris
by Joao Lauro Fonte
by personnemaime
by Drakxxx & Crescentdebris
by jewelwing

Tote - $10
by personnemaime
by Spiritgreen
by jewelwing

May the best genius win! And if you're one of those people whose idea of literary rivalry is "which memoir is better, Snooki's or Sanjaya's?", we'll be back next with a new Shirt.Woot event made of less challenging material.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Your eyes don't deceive you, those are two previously unprinted Drakxxx/Crescentdebris designs! (We'll work on getting Crescentdebris' credit on there)

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard

but...Poe always wins in a POEtry slam.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Score!! Terrible Sanity was one of my favorite Drax/CD designs ever!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

chemelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemelf

Aw, seriously woot? I just bought Mister Poe’s Guilt Trip in a t-shirt because it was a fantastic design that was about to get reckoned, but I'd have much rather spent the $15 on a poster version!

I think it's great when you revive old designs in new forms, but for a design that's only 2 weeks old, why couldn't you have just made the poster available from the get-go and give us a choice? Now I'm grumpy that I bought the t-shirt. }:-P

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Whoa whoa whoa. Both of those Drakxx/CD designs are new? Ugh! Both of those designs are awesome! I was going to jump in for a random today, but those two designs call to me. Argh!

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

I saw the theme and immeadately thought, "Yes! I get to finnally own 'Read the Whole Book!' in a shirt or maybe a hoodie." So of course it's limited to only totes. Boooo!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Glad to see Monkey Play return.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
chemelf wrote:Aw, seriously woot? I just bought Mister Poe’s Guilt Trip in a t-shirt because it was a fantastic design that was about to get reckoned, but I'd have much rather spent the $15 on a poster version!

I think it's great when you revive old designs in new forms, but for a design that's only 2 weeks old, why couldn't you have just made the poster available from the get-go and give us a choice? Now I'm grumpy that I bought the t-shirt. }:-P

You can still hang the shirt on your wall. Check out this thread for a canvas tutorial.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Glad to see posters! This theme isn't my thing, but more posters in the future would be great.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

Danja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danja

Stratford-UPon-Avon. (sorry for the pedantry, but it's like me calling New York City just York City).

hmglass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmglass

I'm actually slightly disappointed my favorite isn't included here. Is that because it's currently in Week 200 on the Reckoning charts? That doesn't make me want a poster or tote of Nevermore any less!

Could you imagine how awesome it would be to walk into a drafty coffee house open mic stumble up to the stage, dig through my Nevermore tote to find the perfect piece to read, awkwardly try to remove my Nevermore pullover hoodie without flashing my boobs, and be wearing my awesome Nevermore shirt that they've seen week after week?!
except for that one week when it was dirty and I wore Poe-etic instead....

Anyways.

I'm tired of T-shirts. When are we gonna have Terrible Sanity as a lightweight windbreaker?

hmglass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmglass
Danja wrote:Stratford-UPon-Avon. (sorry for the pedantry, but it's like me calling New York City just York City).

Grammercy!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
skippykj wrote:I saw the theme and immeadately thought, "Yes! I get to finnally own 'Read the Whole Book!' in a shirt or maybe a hoodie." So of course it's limited to only totes. Boooo!

But how can you pass up the world's angriest tote bag? ^__^

Thanks for the RTWB love, skippykj! And thanks Woot for bringing it back.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

In a battle between Poe and Shakespeare, no one wins.

SusanGeeRumsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SusanGeeRumsey

Hmmm, can I get a hoodie with the Poe versus Shakespeare cage-match announcement on it? No, seriously.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

Oooh I'm excited about 10 dollar totes! I hope to see them show up again next week as this weeks designs don't really appeal to me.

But yay! 10 dollar totes!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sunaness wrote:Oooh I'm excited about 10 dollar totes! I hope to see them show up again next week as this weeks designs don't really appeal to me.

But yay! 10 dollar totes!

I'm leaning towards the masque one, considering I still tote my Gloom Street around, even in February...

I'm just hanging out, really.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Warred with myself for a while, and finally caved on the Verona tote. Couldn't pull it off as a tee, but it's a gorgeous design nonetheless.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

it's great to see Joel and Steven get a couple of well deserved prints!

chemelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemelf
kinzoku wrote:You can still hang the shirt on your wall. Check out this thread for a canvas tutorial.

Yeah, I know I could take the time and effort to do that, assuming that I want to make a trip to the art store and that this technique works okay with the more fitted women's tees that I buy to wear. But again, it seems silly to have to resort to a work-around from before there were posters just because woot decided to wait an extra week to announce the poster version of this.

I'm still not sorry to have supported the artist in this case, but I am frustrated that woot handled this stupidly. Between this and the t-shirt price hike (to support even more of these we'll-print-a-poster-a-week-after-you-bought-the-t-shirt endeavors), I'm thinking my wooting days are numbered.

drebrakk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drebrakk

It's Poe FTW!!

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

My billfold is suffering today! Randoms AND Quoth the Raven on the same day??? I have regretted passing up the Raven shirt ever since I saw a photo of it linked in this post. So happy I finally get to own it.

superlegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superlegg

Oh, I'd kill for "Read the Whole Book" to be on a tee! My students would get a massive kick out of that, but nearly as big as I would! (Totes just don't look "manly" enough, I guess.)

musicchan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages musicchan

I am super pumped to get Shakespeare A to Z in a poster. I got the t-shirt and the tote, but I wasn't too happy with the quality of the tote print. A poster will be great!

I just wish there were more posters for some of these designs. I would PAPER MY HOUSE in them. I'm not even kidding.

Confusticate and Bebother those dwarves!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Kinda excited that Monkey Play is gonna be available again. I got it off teetrade a while ago in a size too small, so getting one I can wear now instead of that ever-optimistic "someday" is nice. Of course, that also means I have a Monkey Play available to a good home at cheaper than woot sells

lisagd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisagd

Um, guys, when only two geniuses are competing, it's "May the better genius win!"

phoenixpinion

quality posts: 2 Private Messages phoenixpinion

Can't wait to get the Verona Apothecary tote - got the shirt in a random a while back but I think it will look even better in tote form!

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
Spiritgreen wrote:But how can you pass up the world's angriest tote bag? ^__^

Thanks for the RTWB love, skippykj! And thanks Woot for bringing it back.

It's my 2nd favorite of your many great Woot designs behind the unprinted Fundamental Force!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
odysseyroc wrote:it's great to see Joel and Steven get a couple of well deserved prints!

Agreed, and what a fine contrast to last week's love offerings.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Really wish you would have done a reprint of the A to Z tote since I missed the last one.

abhorsen0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abhorsen0

Much as I love you Mr. Poe, concede. Shakespeare will always win. Now what to buy first . . .

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Shakespeare didn't even write the work credited to him. Poe FTW!

M4357R0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages M4357R0

I have a Masque of the Red Death t-shirt and I have wore and washed it some many times that the design is peeling pretty badly. I am kind of sad that they are not doing a t-shirt in addition to the hoodie for I only wear hoodies 4 months out of the year

bullgod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bullgod

I saw the ad for the Cage Match on the homepage of the mothership, and it cut Poe's head off right below the nose. Before I scrolled down I thought Shirt.Woot was having a cage match between Shakespeare and Andy Kaufman!

Ryokincaid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryokincaid
elankat wrote:Really wish you would have done a reprint of the A to Z tote since I missed the last one.

+1 I thought the sale went longer than it did, and I will forever kick myself for not getting it I did, however, buy a poster

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Nice collection; Terrible Sanity + Perchance to Dream look tempting on blue, and Monkey Play And Quoth The Raven are fun designs I haven't seen before.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

ruinexplorer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruinexplorer

Poe FTW! Funny that Woot's longest running shirt isn't involved in the match. I guess it would definitely swing the decision in the rightful winner's direction. However, sanity may be in my future.

saiedp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saiedp
SusanGeeRumsey wrote:Hmmm, can I get a hoodie with the Poe versus Shakespeare cage-match announcement on it? No, seriously.

Seconded - that would be awesome.

FfejOnline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FfejOnline

I see there is a tote option. I would buy a fannypack option. Just something to think about.