+ Add a Comment

amhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amhi
Re: Dreams of Fish

Beautiful, although I liked it better without the constellation! You can't please everyone....

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: A patch of sun

I understand what you were going for with the design since I own a cat myself and they just love laying in the sun but this looks like a pile of dead cats baking in the sun to me. varied lengths to the legs of the cats and kittens and the one open eye on the bottom cat which I realize is staring at the mouse seems too open and dead looking. If it was more closed and spying it may read better.

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot

Thanks!

I like your shirt too BTW, the poses are really great... reminds me of that Simpsons Treehouse of Horror with the gas that turns people inside out

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656
Re: Nyan's Dream

I love this and it's super cute, but I'm not entirely sure that I actually want to buy a shirt so strongly meme-inspired, given the transitory nature of memes.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
xazothia wrote:this might be nitpicky, but... since the motion of the cat is apparently upwards, I feel like the arrow should be pointing up, and not down...

It's the shoryuken!

snickelish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snickelish

I wish I wish I wish that it had been Aslan instead of a black cat. Even just big lion-size footprints would have been perfect.

soccermom2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soccermom2012
Spiritgreen wrote:Thank you muchly!

I tried to push myself with a more complicated design this week and take a little extra time than usual to finish it. Glad I did. ^_^

A co-worker of mine let me in on the shirt woot contest a few weeks back, which I thought was pretty cool, but seeing this design, my wool got so steeled, I had to actually sign up for an account to express my disgust for this artist and this appalling design.

Obviously, you don't like cats, which is fine. Some people like birds, some like dogs... but to think entering a drawing depicting a pile of cats that have apparently been euthanized or poisoned into a shirt derby for CAT LOVERS, breaches all possible boundaries of human respect. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, as should all of you people who have voted for it.
What really gets me, is that it looks like the artist actually took some time to draw and color this heinous spectacle, most likley laughing the whole time. He also has the pile in some kind of spotlight, showcasing the heartless act.

Again, it's fine that you don't like cats... but my Uncle Robert got discharged from the war honorably for a bum leg, and my aunt bought him home a cat to keep him company while she worked in the market. If it wasn't for that cat, my poor uncle's recovering would have been a lot longer and grueling. This is just in really poor taste, and is really upsetting.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I guess it's been difficult to understand but I really had fun with this design

wirdou

This is reaaaally cute!! I love that cloverfield effect you've created +1

wirdou

really awesome!!:D +1

wirdou

This is too good... :D

wirdou

When I saw the sketches I was so expecting this and the final result is a 10/10. GMV

wirdou

hahahahaha don't know what to say...cause I really like it! +1

wirdou

I so love this design (but I have to say that I would prefer the new king to be in the fog if I had to choose... :D) +1

wirdou

So great!!!+1

wirdou

And please don't wake up! hahahaha +1

wirdou

Just the color scheme deserves the print the design is lovely. Really great work and awesome characters. +1

wirdou

Ok... I need this shirt... really. So if it doesn't get it I just need you to sell it anywhere! hahahahaah :D +1 Great work Walmazan. Simple but effective, cute and clever.

wirdou

really cute!! +1

wirdou

on the back would be so great!!! hahahaha +1

wirdou

this is soooooo great! LOL +1

Kraagh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kraagh
soccermom2012 wrote:A co-worker of mine let me in on the shirt woot contest a few weeks back, which I thought was pretty cool, but seeing this design, my wool got so steeled, I had to actually sign up for an account to express my disgust for this artist and this appalling design.

Obviously, you don't like cats, which is fine. Some people like birds, some like dogs... but to think entering a drawing depicting a pile of cats that have apparently been euthanized or poisoned into a shirt derby for CAT LOVERS, breaches all possible boundaries of human respect. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, as should all of you people who have voted for it.
What really gets me, is that it looks like the artist actually took some time to draw and color this heinous spectacle, most likley laughing the whole time. He also has the pile in some kind of spotlight, showcasing the heartless act.

Again, it's fine that you don't like cats... but my Uncle Robert got discharged from the war honorably for a bum leg, and my aunt bought him home a cat to keep him company while she worked in the market. If it wasn't for that cat, my poor uncle's recovering would have been a lot longer and grueling. This is just in really poor taste, and is really upsetting.

Clearly you are not very familiar with cats. I have had cats for years and I know that any time there is a patch of sunlight coming through the window, there is going to be a cat on it. I only wish mine would pile on the same spot and cuddle up, instead they fight over that one spot.

I really like the design, only thing I can think would make it better is if the kitties were orange. I have a soft spot for orange kitties, you would understand if you saw my cats.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
ramyb wrote:saved

I've been around for a while, but apparently not long enough. What's up with the "saved"? I'll probably feel really dumb but it's been bugging me for a long time.

wirdou

Ok Matt, when I first saw your sketch I couldn't close my mouth, but with this I think I will need to go to the hospital. Apart from being cute and beautiful, the effect you've created with the light is simply amazing... mmmm I have so many things to learn... hahaha (and thanks for the congratulations :D)

dreadwood

ramyb wrote:saved

I've been around for a while, but apparently not long enough. What's up with the "saved"? I'll probably feel really dumb but it's been bugging me for a long time.

Drat. Double post.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 44 Private Messages thewronggrape
ramyb wrote:Would it be possible to see a larger version of this? I'm really curious to see how you created the orange, green and purple colors on the pillow.

I'm no expert but it looks like:

Orange = red and yellow dots
Green = blue and yellow dots
Purple = red and blue dots

wirdou

She's gonna see really weird things after all that licking hahahahaha Great work :D +1

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
Re: Lucky at last

Adorable!

wirdou

This is great Omar. And I'm absolutely amazed with the blue effect at the portal...really...I can't stop looking at it... +1

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
thewronggrape wrote:I'm no expert but it looks like:

Orange = red and yellow dots
Green = blue and yellow dots
Purple = red and blue dots

If they were flat colors, that would be fine, but then on top of that there is white highlighting, as well as darker shading- there at least 3 colors of overlapping halftones going on there, and I wanted to see how they are put together because I've never been able to achieve that kind of effect without making the halftones extremely obvious.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: A patch of sun

Your coloring skills always astound me. You have never had a design where I even noticed that you were limited to 6 colors. Perfect as usual

wirdou

great!!!:D:D:D+1

Kraagh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kraagh
Re: COPYCAT

Walmazan, you have outdone yourself. I always enjoy your designs, but the cats this time.....they are great. I like them all, but this one just cracks me up. Love it!

dreadwood

soccermom2012 wrote:A co-worker of mine let me in on the shirt woot contest a few weeks back, which I thought was pretty cool, but seeing this design, my wool got so steeled, I had to actually sign up for an account to express my disgust for this artist and this appalling design.

I'm loling pretty nicely :D thanks for the laugh.

dreadwood

Re: The New King

What I really love about this one is the backdrop. I don't know what it is, but it's so freakin' sweet.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Dinner Time RESUB

For all the ladies in the world. This one's for you.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I... wut... this... have you.... I... agdajkdgkljgfalkjsgflkjh;ljkhKLASDH

Hello and welcome to woot! It is simply wonderful and heartening to see someone so passionate about cats. I myself am the proud and crazy owner of three cats and do very much empathise with the empassioned defense of their worthiness, goodness, and should-not-be-dead-ness. With my own expert expertise in cattery and well-honed master skills of forum readery, I am here to assure you that the artist is doing nothing more suspicious than illustrating a hyperbolic they-sure-do-love-that-sunlight catpile. If you have design criticism along the lines of Mr. Midgerock's, as seen above, then I will not be one to necessarily disagree. But please do let yourself rest easy in the knowledge that Teh Kitteh is well-respected in this design.

If, on the other hand, you are trolling the established woot trope of Today's Offended Party, then I see what you did there and salute you.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 44 Private Messages thewronggrape
ramyb wrote:If they were flat colors, that would be fine, but then on top of that there is white highlighting, as well as darker shading- there at least 3 colors of overlapping halftones going on there, and I wanted to see how they are put together because I've never been able to achieve that kind of effect without making the halftones extremely obvious.

Oh... um... witchcraft? :-)

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx
Re: I'm Stuck on You

After much thought about entering this derby, decided that I would let someone else do this design.

It's cute though.