dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: The Catillac

Brilliant!!!

josephschmalke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josephschmalke
endangeredomega wrote:It's been done. :/

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8wkf9Qu2g1qzniqdo1_500.jpg

that's pretty impressive. did you do that one?
Wasnt trying to bite it but I mean come on look at all the star wars up here.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: Grammar Cat

Springtime for Kitler und Grammar!
GMV

bigpauly85

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigpauly85
JollyRoger87 wrote:Really didn't think I've vote for a single design this derby, proved me wrong. Very nice.

I'm with you 100% didn't think there was any way I'd be voting in this derby until I saw this shirt. It's really the only one on the whole list I would wear.

jabascus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabascus
aramis525 wrote:Copy this URL, paste here. Then come back to entry and click "I'd want one"

NEAT!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: A patch of sun

@midgerock, hey of course, I know you're offering advice. There -is- a danger of a design becoming strange when you use a fairly realistic style but you're exaggerating something, but I don't think that's the case here.

If you're close enough to see cats, you can get they're a big cosy pile of happiness. Would it avoid any chance of a soccermom2012 misunderstanding and be more popular in an expressive, cutesy style? Probably, but I don't regret using real cat anatomy and behaviour. I hope it gives it some natural charm.

Cheers.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: inside, cats aren't cute. at all.

that little hunter in your living room?

this is how he sees himself.

and you think they're cute?

pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman
Re: Drizzt and Guen

Paying Homage to several creators here is my Kitties entry. A feline that gave someone love and friendship like no other...Guenhwyvar

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Dreams of Fish

Thanks, for the nice comments everyone! I appreciate the votes and comments.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Predators

Love the expressions on the cats!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Catastrophic

Love the cat going for the airplane!

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: MOTHERING NATURE resub

13 votes thank you : )

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Unexpected Space cat

I don't know if Woot will allow your "lazy fill", but they won't allow more than 6 colors in a drawing. (With the shirt color, you can have 7)

Why not go onto one of the review threads, and ask for some help, so that your design, once you fix it, doesn't get rejected?

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
Re: Dreams of Fish

I voted for it as well. Hope it prints. Love black cats.

msgmissy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msgmissy
cpresti wrote:I attempted to make the trees more obviously tree-like! Enjoy!

Much better! Loving the addition of the grain on the trees and the knot! The changes you've made to the lamp are great too!

krillah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krillah
Re: Drizzt and Guen

I don't want one...I NEED one.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
josephschmalke wrote:that's pretty impressive. did you do that one?
Wasnt trying to bite it but I mean come on look at all the star wars up here.

Sadly, no. I'm an "artist" only in the sense that I write - can't draw a straight line to save my life.

The image is from a print a friend of mine purchased a year or so back, and was done by a guy named Mike Maihack. (http://cowshell.com/index.php)

Suppose I can't blame you for jumping on the pop-culture bandwagon. People throw votes at the tried-and-tested and familiar, so it's become an increasingly popular tactic here.

Bigsquid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigsquid
Re: Kitty King

awesome.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: spirit of the kitten

cute? those kittens? rubbing against your leg until you feed 'em? inside, she's a cloud leopard about to take down an antelope.

or a tiger zeroed in on a zebra. they are smallish hunters on the prowl, every one.

Bigsquid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigsquid
Re: Artistic Expression

so good!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Cat's Game

Wait a minute, those Xs and Os are text. You could resub using their pawprints.

Narfcake

quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: Cat-ions

I can't really tell ... is it on slate or asphalt? If the latter, I'm thinking there may be too little contrast.

hawley35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawley35
walmazan wrote:Forget planking. All the cool kids are putting their cats in bread and taking pictures of them looking like little yeasty lions.
Adrian Chen - gawker.com

Thanks for the edit!

vstephenson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vstephenson

Funny! Actually, I think he'd end up whirling around and around and around.

aisare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aisare
Re: Artistic Expression

Looks fantastic, I'd love to have one!!!

Narfcake

Re: seQRet message

Copy this URL, paste here. Then come back to entry and click "I'd want one"

Thanks. GMV. ^_^

comeauxb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages comeauxb
Re: Mittens, Bringer of DEATH.

Absolutely perfect!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
tjost wrote:Given enough time Lucas will eventually remaster the original trilogy with cats.

I will only vote for this if it's in 3D, and has reimagined SFX ~_~. LOL! Srsly, this is probably my favorite of the SW entries this week. I love the Luke cat and the Persian Chewy. Nice work, TJost!

bassanimation

Narfcake wrote:I can't really tell ... is it on slate or asphalt? If the latter, I'm thinking there may be too little contrast.

This is ultra cute and awesome, Lucky! I do think the shirt color is a bit dark, but it all depends on the effect you wanted. I think this will fog with no problem. Yay science and cats!

bassanimation

Re: The New King

I was so happy to see this one again, blast that it's not solidly fogged! ;_; The Lion King was the last Disney movie that I truly loved as a kid, so it has a special place in my heart ^_^. I hope this HMs, or better yet, surprise 4th place? Yes yes? :D

nanalart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanalart

annewaterman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman
Re: Lucky at last

Oh my goodness...I LOVE this shirt and I don't think its a St. Patrick's Day shirt (although it would work well that day).

I feel like this lil black cat who has been given such a bad wrap, finally found himself a 4 leaf clover and his luck is about to change! See how happy that purr purr looks?! *Melts my heart*

I hope it wins because I'm totally in!

bassanimation

Re: A patch of sun

Wow, Im really surprised at the drama going on...assuming it's real drama and not sarcasm drama? Im gettin' too old to tell, hah.

I dont see anything bad about this image, at least not as far as the cats appearing dead @_@. (though, have you seen cats sleep? Sometimes they do look like lifeless socks) I do think maybe the realism might be getting people. For a design this complicated, a tad less realism might have made the image easier to read from a distance. If you were to keep the realism, exaggerating the happy facial features might have helped a bit more too. These are just minor suggestions though. The composition is really well done, and the lighting is perfect. Spirit always hits these right on the head. I wish I had half the natural ability to hit them too! -struggles with both!-

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
morgankohl wrote:I absolutely love this design! I'm so sad it hasn't received more votes!

You and me both. ;o

morgankohl wrote:And btw, no matter how much I fed my cat, it didn't stop him from eating my fish and puking it back up on the coffee table. Little jerk. ;)

Well, at least he was kind enough to give it back.

Narfcake

wubupon wrote:nothing against your art, but this shirt made me throw up. i cannot support this shirt due to the overload of cuteness.

Cuteness overflow claims yet another victim ...

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: spirit of the kitten

Very nice! GMV

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
Re: Kitty King

Yeah, everything doesn't have to be nauseatingly cute. Thank you kdeuce. Instantly voted.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Narfcake

bassanimation wrote:I think this will fog with no problem. Yay science and cats!

Let's hope so. Still GMV, but I think slate would work out better than asphalt (which I have too many of already).

pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman
Re: Meow-Ying Meow-Yang

WOW!! This is super cool..Great design!