mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: Friendly Neighborhood Cat

I like both your designs but this is more wearable. A little big for my taste but nice design.

mverc

Re: spirit of the kitten

You have such an interesting style, I like it.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: spirit of the kitten

This is really superb. I absolutely love the technique and it really makes the animals come to life. The colors and execution are top notch as well.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
ramyb wrote:People come up with similar ideas all the time, but I find it hard to believe that you've never seen this idea before, considering this shirt got 7th place in a derby where you printed. I also think there was an extremely similar shirt on teefury at some point.

Regardless though, this shirt is very cute and well executed- much better than a lot of the designs you have done recently, in my opinion.

and today in class kids we learn about IRONY.
lol!

mverc

Re: Predators

Predator = +1

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: Grammar Cat

..cats can even make genocidal imagery cute! +1

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

midgerock

bluetuba wrote:*shrug* I wouldn't call it drama, soccermom is an obvious troll and Midge is just seeing dead people. ^^

appreciate the love, Big Tuna! ;)

mverc

Re: Little Charlie and the Knightcat

This feels very nostalgic, nice job.

fourlane77

...this calls to mind one of danny glover's lines that relates to cats...lol

fourlane77

Re: Catvatar

..very nice!

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
mverc wrote:This feels very nostalgic, nice job.

Thanks mverc! I'm happy with how it turned out.

fourlane77

Re: Mittens, Bringer of DEATH.

...not a whole lot of kittie shirts i would sport..but definitely this one...nice...

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
bluetuba wrote:*shrug* I wouldn't call it drama, soccermom is an obvious troll and Midge is just seeing dead people. ^^

Shhhh, they dont know they're dead! :X

cutesox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutesox
omarfeliciano wrote:I'm a graphic designer at a Paints Manufacturing Plant, so this shirt would be an awesome piece to wear while working! GMV!

My dog actually did this tonight - I was working on a painting and she pounced into my pallet and then onto the furniture: le'sigh

JDawg21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDawg21
Re: Lucky at last

I absolutely love this design!

As someone who volunteers at a cat rescue shelter, I know that black cats are the hardest to get adopted because they're believed to be bad luck. This shirt is a perfect expression of how that's not true and is a perfect reason to wear this year round, not just on St. Patrick's day.

That being said, I would love to buy this and of course also wear it on St. Patrick's day haha

fourlane77

Re: Cat Nips...

..rejected or not, funny shirt..i wanted to go so many places with a play on "catnip" but my mind is far too x-rated for that...lol

mverc

Re: This is the last time I let you in!

Love how annoyed death looks.

mverc

Re: Red handed

Glad I clicked on this one, the design detail doesn't do it justice. +1

fourlane77

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=60656]Kung

..this design inspired me to prepare fried rice today..

(you're welcome, self)

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218
Josephus wrote:Titillating!

what...the design or the kitteh nipples?

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
bassanimation wrote:My last few entries have had the border and they seemed to survive, but eh...always a first for everything. I literally just forget that thing is there. -wrangles Photoshop- Is what I get for using my older-than-dirt templates. :\

Considering last week's first place shirt had gradients in the thumbnail and survived, I think woot will let this go I really don't think it's giving you any sort of unfair advantage, I didn't even see it at all until it was pointed out, and even now can barely make it out. I'm counting on this to win, so it better survive :P

fiockthis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fiockthis
Re: Good Luck vs Bad Luck

so funny. i love how the cats have their paws up :D

inspektordogge

ramyb wrote:People come up with similar ideas all the time, but I find it hard to believe that you've never seen this idea before, considering this shirt got 7th place in a derby where you printed. I also think there was an extremely similar shirt on teefury at some point.

Regardless though, this shirt is very cute and well executed- much better than a lot of the designs you have done recently, in my opinion.

Not to mention he commented on that design. "Research" my butt. It's adorable, sure, and well executed, but if it were to win, would walmazan deserve the prize?

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Kitty Perry

Not sure if this meets woot's PG requirements

fiockthis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fiockthis
Re: I'm Stuck on You

looks good! and quite funny

inspektordogge

mjc613 wrote:Not sure if this meets woot's PG requirements

I'm pretty sure those are cupcakes, but I see where you are coming from!

kevlar51

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: COPYCAT

great design Wences!

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
ramyb wrote:Considering last week's first place shirt had gradients in the thumbnail and survived, I think woot will let this go I really don't think it's giving you any sort of unfair advantage, I didn't even see it at all until it was pointed out, and even now can barely make it out. I'm counting on this to win, so it better survive :P

These are the comps I've been using since my very first submission to Woot. I made the thumb to match the comp image, which has the 1 pxl border. Just old art school habits. "Put a border on everything, blaah!" :P I've cleaned up my psds to no longer have the border baked in. Hopefully Puss can survive, but I understand rules are rules. m(-_-)m

I didnt even notice the gradient in the Pluto thumb from last week, but there it is @_@. I think my eyeballs are just turning into poached egg yolks. Too many years of the pixels! #_#

kevlar51

Re: Rescue

stellar work on so many levels

kevlar51

Re: Cat-ions

nice work lucky

kevlar51

nice

fourlane77

Re: Mischief Malice

..it's refreshing to see a well-executed design that embraces the darker side of cats...

(still absurdly cute though!)

ramyb

Re: COPYCAT

I originally made a long comment here, but I decided to cut it down because people probably won't bother reading the whole thing anyway. Like I said earlier, I have no problems with this design itself, I was simply surprised at the response that he has never seen this idea done before. As someone pointed out above, Walmazan even commented on the design I linked- there is no ambiguity here. No need for snarky or evasive remarks, this isn't really something to argue about.

The shirt I linked didn't even print, so it has no bearing on possible rejection. The teefury shirt, on the other hand, may pose an issue considering it is basically the exact same idea and execution.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
fourlane77 wrote:...doomsday never looked so cute and cuddly!

Thanks!!!

I like yours too it is cute.

jezzarisky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jezzarisky
Re: Maneki Cheshire

So far this is the only one I want to buy.

LET'S GET IT IN THE CLOUD.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

You might want to resubmit this. It will likely be rejected for the thumbnail not matching the shirt.

Re: Bingo's First Catch

fourlane77

Re: Clockwork Orange Kitty v2

..love the design, and the cleverness involving the milk bar...

:D

midgerock

ramyb wrote:Like I said earlier, I have no problems with this design itself, I was simply surprised at the response that he has never seen this idea done before (as someone pointed out above, he even commented on the design I linked- there is no ambiguity here). I must have forgotten that I'm not allowed to make comments of that nature.

This is just one of many times that people find ways to justify to themselves that the same situation with different people is entirely different. It's not. Sometimes, people come up with ideas that have been done, and that's it. If you have a problem with it sometimes, don't find ways to explain it away others.

Also, to address your comment chump, I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a huge fan of walmazan's designs, but I certainly do like his style when he is on his game and have bought a fair number of his shirts (I believe I own 4 of them so far). That said, I don't think it is inappropriate to bring it up when a design is nearly identical to one I've seen. Think what you want about me and my designs, that has no bearing on the matter at hand.

This is a cute design and the idea is a good one. A good one that has been done, exactly as shown here, before. That's the bottom line, and whether you like the design or not, you can't argue that the teefury design is not precisely the same. Different style, yes. But there is nothing that has been added to the idea, and that shirt has been printed. This seems like a very black-and-white situation to me, and the fact that people are choosing to make snarky comments and being generally evasive is (honestly not) surprising to me.

People will always make exceptions when it comes to their favorite artists, and thats fine. I have seen it happen with my designs too. I have had designs (rightfully) rejected that were met with an outcry. It sucks when you fall in love with a design and it gets rejected, no matter the circumstances. It especially sucks for the artist when a similar design that he/she has never seen has been printed elsewhere. But ultimately, if you know the rules of the derby, you shouldn't be surprised or offended, even when it happens to someone you really like.

(That said, I still doubt that this design will be rejected. I know how these things worked, and I stepped onto territory where I wasn't welcome. That's fine, I'll see myself out for now. But I'm sort of like those annoying people who weren't invited to the party but might sneak up and jump the fence at any point again :P)

Ramy, you are the last one to comment in this situation whether this design's been done before or not. You have been called out more than any other artist on this site about you "borrowing" ideas left and right and woot not blinking an eye. I find it comedic gold to come in here and see you making snarky and back-handed comments on this design alledging theft by Walzaman. Its quite precious and ridiculous.

As to differences, style first off. second the images being reproduced are different as if the cat is having fun making funny faces. That adds a layer to the design that the 2 other designs referenced do not have. in other words this design has personalilty and soul. the others do not. those reasons alone make this design quite different in my opinion. Walzaman is great at giving his characters a personality which many artists here do lack in their designs, including myself and love to learn more from his work and appreciate his designs each week.

If you felt this design needed to be reported you have every right to tattle on it but at the same time posting the comments you have seems the pot calling the kettle black and shows a side of you which is not endearing like your designs.

fourlane77

Re: Playtime!!!

..this is how i feel a lot of the time...lol...

ramyb

midgerock wrote:Ramy, you are the last one to comment in this situation whether this design's been done before or not. You have been called out more than any other artist on this site about you "borrowing" ideas left and right and woot not blinking an eye. I find it comedic gold to come in here and see you making snarky and back-handed comments on this design alledging theft by Walzaman. Its quite precious and ridiculous.

As to differences, style first off. second the images being reproduced are different as if the cat is having fun making funny faces. That adds a layer to the design that the 2 other designs referenced do not have. in other words this design has personalilty and soul. the others do not. those reasons alone make this design quite different in my opinion. Walzaman is great at giving his characters a personality which many artists here do lack in their designs, including myself and love to learn more from his work and appreciate his designs each week.

If you felt this design needed to be reported you have every right to tattle on it but at the same time posting the comments you have seems the pot calling the kettle black and shows a side of you which is not endearing like your designs.

I shortened my post but now both versions are readily available My argument in the first place was just about the fact that Walmazan said he has never seen this idea before. That is all.