+ Add a Comment

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
tjost wrote:1981 Donkey Kong created. The gorilla and the plumber's rivalry started at a very tender age.

For what it's worth, Jumpman was a carpenter in the original Donkey Kong. Not that it really matters, since your design doesn't show Mario being a plumber.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: 1982 - Sayonara Samurai Chef

On March 5, 1982 the lovable John Belushi was found dead, forever robbing the world of his comedic genius. Among the many lovable characters he created was Saturday Night Live's "Samurai Chef."

unicornears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unicornears
Re: 1982

This is SO good! Well done! You have my vote

cufamtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cufamtx
Re: 1971-Floppy Diskette

Best year ever! Certainly deserves this awesome shirt. +1 from another 1971 baby.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
mrwednesday wrote:I'd be surprised if this lasts. Apple rigorously and ruthlessly defends it's branding to absurd and inane levels. It will be interesting to see how brave they want to be.

Hmm, well woot has had shirts go through a derby and a double take without rejecting them that we're parodies of the apple logo before like this Spiritgreen one. Also that Coexist shirt had a long run on woot.

But yeah I wouldn't really be shocked if this got the axe either.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

If I were an employee at NASA or an Astronaut, this would be a MUST! Since I am neither, I must still say this is beautiful but, as many shirts in this derby, is unwearable...sigh...

katrinabean86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katrinabean86
Re: 1986 My Little Gaga

Oh god I'm the same age as her?? Lol :p

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: 1973 The Death of Mister Berry

Fitting that he died eating Count Chocula, that stuff is toxic. Go Boo Berry go!! Best cereal ever!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
pseudomega wrote:Cool idea, but why are the letters cut off? That's not how ASCII art is supposed to work.

I'm sorry pseudomega. I'm afraid I can't answer that.

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
Re: 1985: Year of the Plumber

The teeth on the wrenches are absolutely wonderful. Looks just like the pirhanna plant, but without copyright violation.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: 1981

great year! GMV

(not to be a stickler or anything, but the original prompt read "A>"...just pointing that for those who didn't know, as most, understandably, only recall the "C:\")

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Looking at all these wonderful entries, I can only conclude that we have a bunch of younguns on this site.

There's only a couple near my year. One is spot on.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mitya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitya
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

This design is fantastic! I really love the idea!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: 1977

Reject is a coming, but funny

zoobawa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoobawa
Re: 1986: An ASCII Odyessy

Yes please.

Hal is one of the best villains in any movie. Period.

zoobawa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoobawa
Re: 1977 - Dark Side

I cannot stand shirts with dots, like the stars are in this, on them.

It looks so bad having the dots there and then having the dots just end.

The applestar I don't have a problem with, good job on that, but because of the stars this will be a no for me.

Oh also a no for me because Apple.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

You did a really nice job on this but I'm seeing something that will get it rejected. Your using inverse halftones of the shirt color to provide shading to the piece.

Doing that cases the ink printed between those negative dots to be too thin/small and will not print well especially since it looks like you used it so extensively.

If you did all the cloud work yourself too without a photo then that is really nice too Good job but don't be surprised if it gets rejected

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
Re: 1979 hot new release

well its seems that much didnt happen in my birth year. did find out that asteroids came out then however and it was a game i played alot later on my atari 5200.

amen87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amen87
Re: 1989: It's a Boy

OH GOD I WANT THIS SHIRT SO BAD!!!!

amen87

Re: 1987

Seeing this shirt gave me many warm and happy feelings inside ^____^

amen87

Re: 1986

There haven't been too many shirts on woot I would actually wear and be proud of. This shirt I would wear every moment of every day!!!!

wb5iqs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wb5iqs
Re: 1957

got to vote for this one, even if i was born the year before

DannySaiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DannySaiz

awesome... and soon to be incorrect.

timinator2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timinator2
Re: 1986: An ASCII Odyessy

I want one now! Send me your hi-res graphic! No really, it's awesome. And I really do want to make my own now....

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
Re: 1971-Floppy Diskette

Not to be a bummer, but those disks were in fact read and write. (1967 here)

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: 1982 v2

version two

moratorium on whaling officially declared. good for whales, bad for their enemies.

done in the style of scrimshaw, etchings on whale tooth. three colors on baby blue.

changed the layout a little. enjoy! vote! feedback!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

this is great omar!! hope it gets it into the three chosen +1

wirdou

uff...this is awesome. I hope it gets it, but I'm sure it will, so probably next Friday I will be ordering one of this!:D

wirdou

Amazing, so nerdy and I love it!!! hahahaha +1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AvatarTuner
Re: 1990 Resub

I'm flattered that you followed my suggestion~ :D

Great resub! The date looks really good now and I also love the other little additions. GMV! ^^

petrosrex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages petrosrex
Re: 1992

On April 6, 1992, The world lost one of its most prolific writers. This design is in tribute to Isaac Asimov, who died the year I was born. His head and arms are formed by quotes by Asimov. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, but go easy on me as this is my first derby entry.

petrosrex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages petrosrex
Re: 1992 (Asimov)

On April 6, 1992, The world lost one of its most prolific writers. This design is in tribute to Isaac Asimov, who died the year I was born. His head and arm are formed by quotes by Asimov. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, but go easy on me, as this is my first derby entry. The full size design can be found/read here.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates

He left some big shoes to fill...
Nice shirt!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: 1977 - Elvis dies of a heart attack

Hearts... ATTACK!!!

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh
sgreenip wrote:Not to be a bummer, but those disks were in fact read and write. (1967 here)

Actually the IBM 23FD That was introduced in 1971 was read only. Disks were introduced to the public after this version were also read and write. Look at the table here need the bottom of the page

groosalugg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages groosalugg
Re: 1981

does anyone know where I can buy a time machine on the internet?

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: 1987

shikausstan wrote:This is one derby entry I could actually see me wearing.

Thank you!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: 1982

Woot's first "Year You Were Born" derby printed a 1982 MJ design, if you didn't know.

Ah Hee Hee!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
echodawn22 wrote:this is history at a glance. love the simplicity and the colors are fantastic. bright colors are so much better than muddy, gloomy colors to me.

All well and lovely, but woot doesn't offer a bright yellow blank. The closest is lemon, which is more pastel.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
groosalugg wrote:does anyone know where I can buy a time machine on the internet?

time machine on ebay

Thanks for the support on this everyone!