Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: 1973 What's Your Function

Love this. Really hoping to purchase it.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

chriscarley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriscarley
Re: 1977 - Dark Side

No, I'm glad this was rejected, considering everything is wrong about it (date & wrong death star) as already discussed in the previous comments.

w1111ams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w1111ams
cdrewlow wrote:Correct, if I read that right. Your 16"x20" finished design shouldn't have halftones. Your 580x580 picture that people vote on and your thumbnail should.

Thank you!! I'll get it next time.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
emanueu wrote:You should have flipped the Navi's track, making it look more like a "Z" instead a "S". :P

The glow effect is really nice, indeed. I'm buying it if it prints.

That would've been fun. I'll keep that in mind if it doesn't print and I have to take it elsewhere.

Thanks for the support this week folks!

dagrean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dagrean

The prompt C:\> is actually a result of an autoexec.bat (a file that got automatically run on start up) default setting of:

prompt $p$g

Meaning the Current drive and Path ($p), and the > ($g). You could change it to anything you wanted by altering the file. I believe this was the default after dos 2.

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29
Re: 1985

I really love these movies and this shirt and I'm hoping it prints, but if not...I really like the image in the thumbnail pic. The 1985 is easier to read because it doesn't have the yellow/gold around it, and the outtatime plate seems to stand out of the flames better.

Just my 2 cents. I really hope if it doesn't go this weekend, and isn't eligeble for a double-take derby, you can find somewhere to print it. And PLEASE let me know!! I would need at least 4 (myself, family, & friends). Good luck!

silyotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silyotter

At the time I had the game on my Atari 2600 I thought i was cool having both the joystick and paddles.. but for this game in particular i had no idea what to do other than keep eating pellets and falling in the hole. I still dont know what to do if I ever came across this game in the future

madamdefarge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madamdefarge
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

This is kind of nit-picky, but the STS-26 shuttle flight this shirt references featured the unpainted orange external tank, and the Hubble Space Telescope wasn't deployed until 1990. Besides these anachronisms, it's a great graphic—good job! If it prints, though, I would only consider buying it if the tank were orange.

link1290

quality posts: 0 Private Messages link1290
fablefire wrote:This was taken into consideration. I decided on the birth of the series over the singular game.

Bonus points if you know what the original 1986 rupee colors and denominations were and when cuccos made their first appearance.

@anemality, calebmitchell, nezzer: Thanks! Been trying to improve with halftones since they posted the tutorial in the halftone derby. =)

Alternating blue/orange rupee was 1, and static blue was 5...

And cuccos first appeared in A Link to The Past.

Didn't cheat, I swear

Will buy if it wins!

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
dagrean wrote:The prompt C:\> is actually a result of an autoexec.bat (a file that got automatically run on start up) default setting of:

prompt $p$g

Meaning the Current drive and Path ($p), and the > ($g). You could change it to anything you wanted by altering the file. I believe this was the default after dos 2.

Ah, that explains it...also, thinking about the year. My family must have had 2.0, since we never had to type in the ">". But that being. said...this is awesome, and like others stated...maybe not entirely original, but the design is lovely and sets it apart.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: 1971-Floppy Diskette

In for 1 as soon as I saw this! Awesome design; love the vintage look. The text is absolutely hilarious, and my BF is going to be getting this as a big surpise XD

And yay for using a not-often-used shirt color too. Woot ends up having faaar too many green and black shirts (variety is awesome, people!)

boudicca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boudicca
Re: 1977 - Dark Side RESUB

I love this shirt! I get that it is a combination of Star Wars and Apple because they both came to life that year, but I also love it because Apple is sort of like the dark empire at this point and the death star reference is very fitting.

hockeyham

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hockeyham
petrosrex wrote:The proper order of operations?

• Parentheses, (Please)
  • Exponents, (Excuse)
  • Multiplication (My)
  • Division, (Dope)
  • Addition, (Astronaut)
  • and Subtraction (Swagger)

You, sir, win one internets.

Me.

dwayri

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwayri

Nice. A shirt design with my pick up line already on it.

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies
cpresti wrote:On Jan 23, 1989 Salvador Dali died. This is an homage to his Les Elephants paintings. Except mine would be Les Giraffes I guess. :D

oh oh oh, I just looked at this again and saw the 1989!! I like what you did there! Makes me want this shirt even more. fingers crossed!!

oops, pardon me, i wooted

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

Reeeeeally crossing my fingers for this one!!

oops, pardon me, i wooted

umi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umi
Re: Munching Ghosts Since 1980

Too bad. I like it.

werewolfskippy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werewolfskippy
tjost wrote:The inverse can work but especially when doing large areas of fine dots it's better to not try them. Your printer will appreciate it

Ya, gotcha.

tjost wrote:your a great artist btw and I'm glad your posting your stuff on woot!

Thanks!

It makes my day to hear all the awesome things people say. So thank you everyone, ;)

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Thanks for all of the support everybody. I don't this has much of a chance, since it only fogged due to things being rejected on monday. I'm hoping for an HM, and maybe a print in the double-take or an EC. We'll see...

chuckfrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckfrain
wvutkep1002 wrote:idk; cardboard enclosure? they were made in plastic envelopes...

I think the disk was made and then put in a plastic sleeve. Then the envelope that it was stored in was cardboard, thus the cardboard enclosure.

spozm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spozm
Re: 1986

I can’t believe this shirt still isn’t up. I was sure it was going to win first, with mario second, and a battle for third between floppy/baby mario/spaceship. But it’s not even second? If this doesn’t win third I’ll be openly weeping.

nutnelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutnelson

Is there any way at all to get this beautiful image on a shirt (RIP Salvadore Dali)?

Maudene Nelson

ecomyn08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecomyn08
Re: 1969 One small step for man

I really wanted this shirt to win, is there any chance you will try to put it up for sale somewhere else? I still really want one of these shirts!

laharlsama220

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laharlsama220
spozm wrote:I can’t believe this shirt still isn’t up. I was sure it was going to win first, with mario second, and a battle for third between floppy/baby mario/spaceship. But it’s not even second? If this doesn’t win third I’ll be openly weeping.

I have to agree with this whole completely, I was pretty brought down when puss in boot didnt win last week, but if this one doesn't either? well that's just gonna be allot of sorrow.

sweettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweettoad

I really wanted this shirt to win.. maybe a honorable mention so it can be in the double take derby...

signsforlife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages signsforlife

This was the only one from this derby that I wanted..... Please, oh honored Shirt.Woot masters??? LOL

I definitely want this shirt!

spozm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spozm

fuuuuuuuuuuuck。

artist: put this shirt on redbubble? Please?

doober187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doober187

Ok, so this need to get editor's pick or something.

FRAKKIN' GORRAMMIT!!!

wolf68k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolf68k
Re: 1972: Eggspecting

After seeing some of the others for other years I was hoping for something good for 72, but this sucks.
I'd rather "lie" and get the 1971 Floppy disk one.

punchycats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punchycats
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

I really needed this shirt.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
tjost wrote:That may be so, but that art is not using halftones as extensively as this piece with finer halftones due to lots of soft fades. These types of halftones are not what you want to print, they cause all types of problems on press with trying to align the base to the top layer of ink. Can you take a picture of the halftones on your shirt so I can see them? The detail shot woot had doesn't show them too well. Thanks

True they are only on the robot, so they don't get in the way of any other halftones. I also think there is a difference between the original screens ( photo permalink ) and the sliver remix I was looking at. if I remember after it gets washed I will try to photograph it and pm you.

aharms

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aharms
artulo wrote:Why are you talking that way?

I thought you wanted to!

... I love this shirt.

fraxcat

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fraxcat
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

I would love it if I could get ahold of the original art file to use as a poster print, or if the original artist would provide a way to purchase a print.

I own and am restoring a Williams Space Shuttle pinball and would've bought this shirt in a heartbeat if it had printed. Would still love to use this as a decoration to go with the machine.

If anyone's going to be at Texas Pinball Festival in march, my Shuttle will be there.

weezerette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages weezerette

I loved this shirt and hoped it would be printed. Maybe in a double take derby.

Crazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crazee

I can't believe this didn't get an honourable mention. I'm gutted that this shirt doesn't get a second chance at printing.

jeannefromnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeannefromnc
Re: 1986 My Little Gaga

Oh, my Galaxy! so cute! I would so love it! I think she'd be honored!

loriengle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loriengle
Re: 1989: RIP Salvador Dali

Why is this shirt not in the "all designs" section and for sale? I love this image!!!