spazzykiti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzykiti

:X

Despite Nyan Cat hate it really is too cute not to get. Getting one ... though I refuse to wear it at conventions.

gyladia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gyladia

I am completely in love with this shirt. The concept is so amazingly cute to me; I love dreams where I am flying and the idea that there is a cute kitty dreaming of being a poptart space-flying rainbow-spewing creature of awesome is just...awesome.

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

I feel so sad. Is there any possible way Robbie Lee's Rescue Robot will print for tomorrow night? All that robot brawn with a tender heart to rescue a kitty? Did you see the background of the shirt? So misty and magical! And did you see that the robot risks rust (and his life) by plunging into the icy waters to rescue the kitty? This is the shirt of lore! My heart actually feels broken...must have Robbie Lee's Rescue Robot. I have never seen a t-shirt capture so many feelings and usher forth so many emotions while being the coolest thing in the universe. The brawn, the bravado...tough as iron robot with a tender heart for kitty-kitty.

P.S. Out of all the dang chocolates, still healing from my knife wound (thanks too-sharp red pokey dot knives!) and now crying myself to sleep over the wanderlust of this brave robot rescue shirt...choking here, killing me softly. Good grief, even a nose bubble.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
aoviss wrote:Most people dont know what this is. They'd think you were an "alternative lifestyler furry" then ask what the pop-tarts were for.

The 64,066,365 views (as of the time of writing this reply) on the original Nyan Cat video say otherwise.

I used to chat with prguitarman back before he became internet-famous with lolcomics (NSFW) and Nyan Cat, and I love this design, so I broke my "no more grey shirts" rule this time and grabbed one.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

suprchunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suprchunk
jezebelseven wrote:The 64,066,365 views (as of the time of writing this reply) on the original Nyan Cat video say otherwise.

I used to chat with prguitarman back before he became internet-famous with lolcomics (NSFW) and Nyan Cat, and I love this design, so I broke my "no more grey shirts" rule this time and grabbed one.

I would beg to differ. I had to look it up. Now I feel dumber for knowing what it is. I was smarter than 65 million other people before. Now I am as dumb as them. But I won't be as dumb as anyone buying this. At least I still have that.

unicornears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unicornears

Love it! Super kewt!

jezebelseven

suprchunk wrote:I would beg to differ. I had to look it up. Now I feel dumber for knowing what it is. I was smarter than 65 million other people before. Now I am as dumb as them. But I won't be as dumb as anyone buying this. At least I still have that.

Regardless of whether or not you like or dislike the subject matter, my argument was that MANY people WILL recognize the content. Not everyone will be, but I'd actually be willing to go out on a limb and guess more people are familiar with Nyan Cat than Furries.
There is some overlap though, considering it's source.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

Behold! It's Patrickspens, master of halftones!
He will make you see twelve colors where there can only be 6!

regularshmo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages regularshmo
suprchunk wrote:I would beg to differ. I had to look it up. Now I feel dumber for knowing what it is. I was smarter than 65 million other people before. Now I am as dumb as them. But I won't be as dumb as anyone buying this. At least I still have that.

me no understand. me buy shirt. me buy shirt good.

brtw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brtw

In for 8

Best shirt? or Best shirt ever?

I am brtw

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

...stupid internet memes taking up limited space on woot. See you in 24 hours.

Supersugar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar

I wonder if he's dreaming of Sad Nyan cat?

... now I'm sad.

*sniff*

karonchaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karonchaf

I think this shirt is the perfect one to sleep in! LOL

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

This is such a clever shirt! Im in for one for sure for my daughter but I want one too! Contemptating going for three and getting my son a kids size one too.

RAWR Imma Squarryl

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

I'm in for one. It was too late to vote when I noticed the Derby concept and when I saw it was in the fog, I was keeping my fingers crossed.

This has to be the best kitty shirt in months.

Oh, and just to keep it fresh, I visited the nyan cat video before I went to sleep...that song was the last thing on my mind as I drifted off.

lisaviolet

jezebelseven wrote:The 64,066,365 views (as of the time of writing this reply) on the original Nyan Cat video say otherwise.

Six of those came from me.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

PRguitarman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PRguitarman

I think I should get a free shirt for this

Hey Jezebel! Long time no chat

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

Now all we need to do is see what Tac Nayn dreams of. Something tells me it would be less fluffy and adorable.

In for 1.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

tried to resist but bought one anyway, cause it's a pretty shirt and a clever design. i hope it won't make me dream of nyan cat!

asksmity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asksmity

Sings: "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the nyan sleeps tonighhhttt"

jezebelseven

PRguitarman wrote:I think I should get a free shirt for this

Hey Jezebel! Long time no chat

Hook this man up with a free shirt, Woot and/or Patrickspens!

musicchan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages musicchan

Awwww, so adorable.

The background pattern makes me think it's raining.

Confusticate and Bebother those dwarves!

mellonyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mellonyan

My first shirt.woot purchase. Saw this on the Derby and was hoping it would make it. :D I can't wait to wear it.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

I want this shirt just so I can go up to someone and say, "Guess how many colors are on this shirt! :D"

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

joncdixon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joncdixon

I agree. Too something.... The rainbow is too much

stacyblackwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacyblackwood

My cat LOVES pop tarts!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Aww yeah, So far Im right on the money with my predictions!

This is a great homage to the original meme without hitting too close to the iconic pixel character. Very creative Nyan-ing! Plus it has such a sweet feel to it (commence your 'awwwwww-ing' now).

Lastly, nobody does halftones and coloring like Patrick. Dude's a master's master at color theory. Everything is just the right amount of saturated and soft. If I tried to do tones like this, I'd just make halftone pizzabarf. ^^;

Congrats, Patrick!!!!

patelkedar91

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patelkedar91

Anyone see the Bollywood Nyan Cat Dance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA

tanadora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanadora

Does anyone know if Woot has changed their shirt fit? I REALLY want this shirt. However, my most recent buy, "Going to a Cheesier Place", fits differently than my others. I've got a rather curvy figure, and my previous shirts have complimented that, but this one was a snug fit at the chest and hips but pretty baggy around the waist.

Anyways. I just want to know if it's a fluke or if they actually changed something before I buy anymore.

dreane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreane
lete wrote:I can't wear this, I'm a man. A toaster strudel/dog kind of man. Rainbows and stars are fun though.

Why soooo many cats?? Isn't there any shirts with dogs? Anyone know?

Dreane

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

dreane wrote:Why soooo many cats?? Isn't there any shirts with dogs? Anyone know?

Because cats own and govern the internet. And rightly so, as they are clearly the superior animal. YEAH I SAID IT.

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear

Seeing nyan cats now makes me think of this animated video, which makes me cry every time I watch it. Even THINKING about it tears me up.

So here it is:

It's a nicely done animation, either way. I just need to keep telling myself that...

Anyway, this shirt is awesome! XD

jonohi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonohi

Sandy Utah?
Maybe you will see me wandering around town wearing your shirt!!

lisaviolet

dreane wrote:Why soooo many cats?? Isn't there any shirts with dogs? Anyone know?

It's all explained here:

Why cats rule the internet

azture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azture

I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL. I now need to purchase a separate dresser to hold my Woot shirts. Home.Woot, come to my rescue!

dasknave

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dasknave
polluxoil wrote:Great, I just had that playing in the background from start to finish without even realizing it. It's officially stuck in my head for the next 24 hours at least.

Although I'd like to see a speed metal Nyan Cat.

All you had to do was ask. Nyan cat meets Metal

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218

I showed this shirt to my sister and she didn't know who nyan cat is. Her first thought: "Is it a GLBT pride shirt?"

*facepalm*

even so, in for one!

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

It's nice to see a meme-related shirt that's artistic enough to be appreciated by people who don't necessarily get the meme.

...it WOULD be Patrick who does it. ;D

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
PRguitarman wrote:I think I should get a free shirt for this

Send the creator one, Patrick!