newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
dominanefret wrote:Personally, the Teefury Women's Small fits me absolutely perfectly. It fits me better than the AA sizes ever did. The cotton may not be as soft as AA, but the fit is so much better that I'm okay with that. It's a really good fitted shirt that shows off my curves properly without being too tight or too big.

Are their shirts at least softer than the Anvils? I saw a design there yesterday that I wanted, but I really don't want to buy something I won't wear because I think the material is too scratchy - so I haven't pulled the trigger on buying it.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
newnie wrote:Are their shirts at least softer than the Anvils? I saw a design there yesterday that I wanted, but I really don't want to buy something I won't wear because I think the material is too scratchy - so I haven't pulled the trigger on buying it.

Not sure for the gals, but for guys, I actually give the nod to the Anvil blanks used here.

Do keep in mind that TeeFury is one day, and that's it. If you don't buy it that day, that's it.

pheebee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pheebee

Like many on this thread, I also did not notice the blanks change until I received two new shirts. It figures it had to be on 2 shirts that I cannot reorder through the reckoning section (I bought Darth Meow and Slow Morning), and I only discovered it after they took a run through the washer (would Woot even accept them back after that??).

I wore WXL in the old shirts and other than remembering to not allow them time in the dryer, I loved those shirts! I'm not a beanpole by any stretch of the imagination - to be frank, my "girls" are average sized and I'm a bit on the plush side overall. That being said, none of the new sizes look to be what I'm comfortable wearing. Yes, the new blanks give women a bit more room - yay! - but they also are shorter by comparison. Where's the logic in that?? I hate having to wear a tank top under my T to avoid my showing too much skin by lifting my arm a little too much. I might scare my coworkers if I did...

Dutchbunch5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dutchbunch5

My family HATES the new tees. Please go back to the original AA's.

viviankb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viviankb

Got my 1981 shirt -- ordered it the day it was reckoned.

It came on ANVIL. I'm so annoyed! I took a screenshot of the size chart showing it on AA for women. I even emailed Woot customer service the night before I ordered it, asking to confirm that it was on AA blanks -- and they did confirm that.

I've written to service@woot.com to proclaim my disappointment and ask for a refund.

I guess the good part is I now know that the Anvil WS looks ridiculous on me ... kind of like a short, loose tunic with a flare at the bottom. Ah well. Money saved.

tds0004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tds0004

I haven't seen anyone else comment on the change in fit for the kid's sizes yet. I have been getting woot shirts for my 5 year old son - he LOVES ninjas, robots, Star Wars and all things video game related (Yes, we are geek parents) so Woot shirts have been perfect - awesome kids tees for $12....until you changed the sizing. Our son is an average height/weight 5 year old and the old shirts fit great. The new ones are an inch wider and an inch shorter, making him look like he's wearing a stretched out shirt that's a size too small. I know there is a childhood obesity epidemic in this country, but it's ashame when the clothing sizes are changed to accommodate short, overweight kids. I can't get a different size as a kids 8 would be way too baggy and a 4 would be ridiculously short. Guess we'll need to start getting the cool shirts elsewhere.

shahea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shahea

Well, I tried wearing my Read shirt again today, which is printed on an Anvil shirt. I don't care for it. It's very tight in the armpit area while the rest of the shirt is kind of weirdly baggy. It's certainly not as soft as the AA shirt, but it's not scratchy and I suspect a few washes will soften it. I an sad about the underarm for though - it makes the shirt uncomfortable to wear and, frankly, makes me sweat more which will ruin the shirt faster than normal wear & tear. I think I'm going to miss the AA shirts a lot & this will impact my buying habits.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

Hm, I thought the Anvil were all from Honduras, but today's sizing says "Honduras / Nicaragua". When'd that change?

Shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/going-down-with-the-ship

Sizing Chart: http://shirt.woot.com/sizingchart/tee/001

Narfcake

badlass wrote:Hm, I thought the Anvil were all from Honduras, but today's sizing says "Honduras / Nicaragua". When'd that change? ...

It changed after Bangladesh came into the picture too.

pinkaboo8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkaboo8

I don't care for the Anvil shirts either. I would gladly pay the extra $$ to get AA back. It's somewhat scratchy and not nearly as comfortable as the AA ones. BRING BACK AA!

trailsforus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trailsforus

Another dedicated wooter lost to the fray of penny pinching.

Read A Book Tote 11/28/11 1
Everything is Gold 11/25/11 1 blog discuss
That Is The Question 11/21/11 1 blog discuss
When Life Sucks 10/29/11 1 blog discuss
Global Thermonuclear War 10/23/11 1
He’ll Probably Be Okay 10/15/11 1 blog discuss
Keep Driving 10/13/11 1 blog discuss
Reading Rocket Ship 9/5/11 1 blog discuss
Jurassic Punk 9/5/11 1 blog discuss
The Perfect Moment 8/12/11 1 blog discuss
Dr. Adorable Love Potion 8/7/11 1 blog discuss
Drains!! 6/27/11 1 blog discuss
Cheddar Power 6/12/11 1 blog discuss
Random 5/23/11 3 blog discuss
Gozerhead 5/16/11 1 blog discuss
Rule No.1: Cardio 4/24/11 1 blog discuss
If I Only Had a Brain 4/22/11 1 blog discuss
Acquired Taste 2/18/11 1 blog discuss
Rock, Paper, Dragon 7/25/10 1 blog discuss
Life in the City 7/10/10 1 blog discuss
The End 6/25/10 1 blog discuss
A Beast’s Beseechment 5/31/10 2 blog discuss
O R’lyeh? 4/17/10 1 blog discuss
A Novel Idea 4/16/10 1 blog discuss
Random Shirt 4/5/10 3 blog discuss
Random Shirt Shirt 4/1/10 1 blog discuss
Nightmare Warrior 2/21/10 1 blog discuss
Amphitrite’s Delight 2/18/10 1 blog discuss
Player 2: A Love Story 2/4/10 1 blog discuss
It’s A Trap! 1/27/10 1 blog discuss
The Sleep of Reason Produces Flying Turtles 1/23/10 1 blog discuss
Horror Film 1/13/10 1 blog discuss
I’ve got my Eye on You! 1/6/10 1 blog discuss
Valkyrie 1/3/10 1 blog discuss
Life Anew 1/1/10 1 blog discuss
Random Shirt 12/28/09 3 blog discuss
Ugly Winter Sweater 12/24/09 1 blog discuss
Science Needs Your Brain 12/7/09 1 blog discuss
Random Shirt 11/26/09 2 blog discuss
Use Proper Grammar 11/22/09 1 blog discuss
The Apathy Coalition 11/21/09 1 blog discuss
Zombie Vampire Robots from Space 11/18/09 1 blog discuss
Sky Fishing 11/8/09 1 blog discuss
Deadbeard’s Curse 10/29/09 1 blog discuss
Boneheads 10/28/09 1 blog discuss
We Carves People 10/24/09 1 blog discuss
Zombie Candycorn 10/23/09 1 blog discuss
Who Wants to Live Forever? 10/22/09 1 blog discuss
The Power of Giving 10/16/09 2 blog discuss
Scareperson 9/27/09 1 blog discuss
Head Shot 8/24/09 1 blog discuss
My Favorite Things 8/19/09 1 blog discuss
Steamworks Operatica 8/11/09 1 blog discuss
Listen to your Conscience 8/3/09 1 blog discuss
Just The Two Of Us 8/3/09 1 blog discuss
The Devil is in the Details 6/12/09 1 blog discuss
Pandora’s Friends and Galaxy 5/24/09 1 blog discuss
To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci 3/14/09 1 blog discuss
Playing God 3/12/09 1 blog discuss
Pirate Exercise 3/1/09 1 blog discuss
Donut Panic! 2/22/09 1 blog discuss
I Just Can’t Reach You 2/22/09 1 blog discuss
Battle Fungale 2/14/09 1 blog discuss
The Epic Begins 2/14/09 1 blog discuss
I Just Can’t Reach You 2/14/09 1 blog discuss
Guts 1/19/09 1 blog discuss
Vincent’s Alternative 1/18/09 1 blog discuss
Binge Rat 12/18/08 1 blog discuss
Random Shirt 12/1/08 2 blog discuss
Oh My Fruitful Garden 11/17/08 1 blog discuss
The Frankensteins 10/28/08 1 blog discuss
Undead Whispers 10/23/08 1 blog discuss
The Frankensteins 10/22/08 1 blog discuss
Wolfwear 10/21/08 1 blog discuss
Reverse Tarzan 10/15/08 1 blog discuss
Can You Spell BRAAAINS! 10/11/08 1 blog discuss
Man Bat 10/1/08 1 blog discuss

wblaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wblaze

OK, so help me out -- to be clear -- if it says USA for origin of shirt then it is AA. If it says Honduras or Nicaragua, then it is Anvil. Is this right?

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
wblaze wrote:OK, so help me out -- to be clear -- if it says USA for origin of shirt then it is AA. If it says Honduras or Nicaragua, then it is Anvil. Is this right?

Yes.

newnie

wblaze wrote:OK, so help me out -- to be clear -- if it says USA for origin of shirt then it is AA. If it says Honduras or Nicaragua, then it is Anvil. Is this right?

Yes

edit: I hate it when I forget to hit F5 after opening a thread. I don't know why they are never updated when I open them.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
newnie wrote:Yes

edit: I hate it when I forget to hit F5 after opening a thread. I don't know why they are never updated when I open them.

I originally thought that said J5...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cdrewlow wrote:I originally thought that said J5...

I remain unscathed, at present.

move along

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

i'm sure this has been covered, but i didn't see it recently and maybe the responses will be different now that some people have actually had to purchase anvil shirts.

i'm having to purchase my first anvil shirt today, since the hubby decided he had to have "hang in there". he wore a 2XL in aa. they were a little big on him, so i'd shrink them some in the washer and dryer. the regular XL was just the slightest bit too tight.

for you XL/2XL men out there (or women, if you wear those particular sizes), how different is the sizing for the men's shirts? i know narf showed pics of the size difference in the collar, but i don't think his shirts were XLs. would the hubs still most likely need a 2XL?

thanks for any advice. this switching of shirts is a huge PITA.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
spacegirlag wrote:.. this switching of shirts is a huge PITA.

No, It's not, If you don't click "I want one" button after seeing "Made in Honduras / Nicaragua / Bangladesh". lol!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

wblaze

I just had an issue so maybe I can help. On AA I was a XL (perfect after wash). With Anvil I am a L -- The XL is more like a 2XL on me.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
wblaze wrote:I just had an issue so maybe I can help. On AA I was a XL (perfect after wash). With Anvil I am a L -- The XL is more like a 2XL on me.

women's sizes or men's?
My men's L fits the same as my AA men's L (minus some length and armpit squeezery)

move along

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
spacegirlag wrote:i'm sure this has been covered, but i didn't see it recently and maybe the responses will be different now that some people have actually had to purchase anvil shirts.

i'm having to purchase my first anvil shirt today, since the hubby decided he had to have "hang in there". he wore a 2XL in aa. they were a little big on him, so i'd shrink them some in the washer and dryer. the regular XL was just the slightest bit too tight.

for you XL/2XL men out there (or women, if you wear those particular sizes), how different is the sizing for the men's shirts? i know narf showed pics of the size difference in the collar, but i don't think his shirts were XLs. would the hubs still most likely need a 2XL?

thanks for any advice. this switching of shirts is a huge PITA.

i wear the men's 2xl and have gotten 2 anvils. the two of them fit a little different than each other. one is very similar in fit and material feel to the AA shirts, except the neck is bit looser. the other, which seemed a little heavier in feel, is slightly smaller than an AA. so i would say that you are probably safest to stay with the same size in anvil that he was wearing in AA. if it makes any difference the one that was slightly smaller is asphalt and the other is slate.

Narfcake

ljwilke wrote:i wear the men's 2xl and have gotten 2 anvils. the two of them fit a little different than each other.
if it makes any difference the one that was slightly smaller is asphalt and the other is slate.

Is one made in Honduras and the other made in Bangladesh?

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
Narfcake wrote:Is one made in Honduras and the other made in Bangladesh?

no, they are both honduras. the only misrepresentation was that the slate one was supposed to still be on AA when i bought it. that was part of why i bought it.

wblaze

Men's xl

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63
ljwilke wrote:no, they are both honduras. the only misrepresentation was that the slate one was supposed to still be on AA when i bought it. that was part of why i bought it.

I had the same issue with the shirts (sigh, bought one Anvil to try and the other because it was from Aliens but have otherwise resisted buying shirts I want ).

Both were from Honduras but each fits a little different. Like you said one seems smaller than normal-clingy in odd spots-while the other was about the same as the old AA fit so it just depends on the individual shirt I suppose.

This is for men sizes (I'm a girl but prefer men shirts).

morwen1031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morwen1031

Just got my copy of "Air Quoth" today, and although I ordered a WS (expecting based on the "made in Honduras" as well as the measurements that I would be getting a WS on the new Anvil blanks) I apparently received a Men's Small on an AA. This is no bueno.

Fortunately I know Woot's CS is awesome, so I wrote them right away and have every confidence that this will be corrected, but I was wondering if anybody else had this happen to them? I'm guessing this is a man's shirt only b/c it has an AA tag on it. There isn't actually the standard men/ladies tag (or the new blue tag for the shirts printed on Anvils).

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
ljwilke wrote:no, they are both honduras. the only misrepresentation was that the slate one was supposed to still be on AA when i bought it.

This is why I've been extremely hesitant to buy anything from Woot lately. Between the shirts being on the wrong blanks, the Bangladesh thing, and the reports of poor print quality, I just don't have any faith in what arrive in the mail.

ginifer33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginifer33

This is so frustrating. I always order a WXL. I ordered the Hungry Hungry games fertilizer in my normal size. When it got here it was so big I thought it was a Mens XL. Seriously, this shirt could fit my boyfriend. When I emailed support they didnt really help me and kinda made me feel like it was my own fault and linked me here. This shirt is like 3x larger than the ones I usually get.

Tangeloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tangeloo
ginifer33 wrote:This is so frustrating. I always order a WXL. I ordered the Hungry Hungry games fertilizer in my normal size. When it got here it was so big I thought it was a Mens XL. Seriously, this shirt could fit my boyfriend. When I emailed support they didnt really help me and kinda made me feel like it was my own fault and linked me here. This shirt is like 3x larger than the ones I usually get.

Is linking you here you the best customer support can offer?

that's sad.

Primordial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial
Tangeloo wrote:Is linking you here you the best customer support can offer?

that's sad.

Woot is just sad lately. I will proudly say I have not bought anything from woot or shirt.woot since they betrayed American workers and their longtime customers by making this switch (or at least since I found out about it). They raised the prices to supposedly keep the shirts made in America, then went to sweatshops. I am sure they will delete this post, apparently they are not supporting open and honest discussion anymore either. Woot went from my favorite website to the site I hate most in one ill conceived decision to give us all the shaft.

chancy22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chancy22

I haven't been on this site for about a month and it looks like a missed a lot of drama. I ordered the reprint of Villainous Victorian Velociraptor without checking the size because I already have the shirt and I thought it would be the same and because I ALWAYS get WM ... W.T.F. I have no idea if the sizes are comparable or if the anvil will even fit/feel the same. I am one female who loves the women's AA shirts... if this shirt does not fit I'm done. I hate playing the "buy a shirt and hope it fits game." I don't think I'll be ordering from woot.shirt anymore.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chancy22 wrote:I haven't been on this site for about a month and it looks like a missed a lot of drama. I ordered the reprint of Villainous Victorian Velociraptor without checking the size because I already have the shirt and I thought it would be the same and because I ALWAYS get WM ... W.T.F. I have no idea if the sizes are comparable or if the anvil will even fit/feel the same. I am one female who loves the women's AA shirts... if this shirt does not fit I'm done. I hate playing the "buy a shirt and hope it fits game." I don't think I'll be ordering from woot.shirt anymore.

You may want to look at the size chart on that shirt's page to be sure you ordered the right size. You can email service@woot.com to change the size as these will not start shipping until 4/25.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
morwen1031 wrote:Just got my copy of "Air Quoth" today, and although I ordered a WS (expecting based on the "made in Honduras" as well as the measurements that I would be getting a WS on the new Anvil blanks) I apparently received a Men's Small on an AA. This is no bueno.

Insanity, seriously. How in the world does a shirt listed on Anvil get printed on AA? I can understand, to a certain extent, how shirts listed on AA get printed on Anvil, but I can't fathom how mistakes are being made in the opposite direction at this point.

I would have LOVED to buy "Air Quoth" if it had been on an AA blank. If anyone accidentally receives a WM on AA, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

chancy22 wrote:... I already have the shirt and I thought it would be the same and because I ALWAYS get WM ... W.T.F. I have no idea if the sizes are comparable or if the anvil will even fit/feel the same. I am one female who loves the women's AA shirts...

If you look through this thread, you will find that those who were a WM and WS on AA shirts do NOT have a comparable size to move down to with the new blanks.

morwen1031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morwen1031
neuropsychosocial wrote:Insanity, seriously. How in the world does a shirt listed on Anvil get printed on AA? I can understand, to a certain extent, how shirts listed on AA get printed on Anvil, but I can't fathom how mistakes are being made in the opposite direction at this point.

I would have LOVED to buy "Air Quoth" if it had been on an AA blank. If anyone accidentally receives a WM on AA, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Well Woot CS was very responsive (as they always are for me) and are shipping me out a new one. As for now, I have a MS on AA and I'm tasked with finding a good home for it. This will be my first experience trying a WS on the new Anvil blanks, but even after a wash I wasn't nuts about the size of the new WM. The shirt definitely fit better, but the quality of an Anvil blank post-wash and dry (cold and low, mind you) does NOT compare to the quality of an AA post wash. Normally I hang dry my AA shirts, but I've accidentally left a couple in the dryer, with little to no effect (shrinkage, but the shirt felt okay). The Anvil shirts just look icky after a dry.

I really really really hope Woot reconsiders on this. I'm defecting to TeeFury (returning only for majorly exceptional designs or possible random shirts printed on AA blanks) until this is sorted out...which I really hope it is.

esotiroglou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esotiroglou

So very sad. After its first wash half the hem on my extremely ill fitting anvil unicone shirt (WL) unraveled. So so sad...and I only wore it once. Got lots of comments on the funny print though. I could try to salvage the hem/re-hem. I could ghetto-rig it by cutting off the print and sewing it onto a much better plain tee. Or I could toss it. Decisions decisions..

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

esotiroglou wrote:So very sad. After its first wash half the hem on my extremely ill fitting anvil unicone shirt (WL) unraveled. So so sad...and I only wore it once. Got lots of comments on the funny print though. I could try to salvage the hem/re-hem. I could ghetto-rig it by cutting off the print and sewing it onto a much better plain tee. Or I could toss it. Decisions decisions..

Please email service@woot.com about the shirt. A picture never hurts either.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zxkevinxz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zxkevinxz

I have ordered 50 shirts over the years, and with the change, that I just found out about, you can count me out too.

esotiroglou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esotiroglou
ThunderThighs wrote:Please email service@woot.com about the shirt. A picture never hurts either.

I did take a pic. And will email. Thanks!

newnie

esotiroglou wrote:I did take a pic. And will email. Thanks!

I wouldn't mind seeing the pic too

I haven't washed any of my Anvil's more than once since the material bothers me so I haven't run into this, but this is a valid concern for people who do find them wearable.