neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
karlamagne wrote:I ordered the Death (Board Games Derby) tshirt only because the sizing chart indicated AA blanks. An Anvil shirt showed up and I can vouch that Anvil shirts look awful compared to AA shirts. The moral of this story: you can't even trust the sizing chart. It's safer to assume all Woot short-sleeved shirts are now on Anvil blanks.

Did you email service@woot? If the sizing chart says AA when you order, and Anvil arrives, they'll give you a refund (as happened to me with "Death," sigh).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

nretamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nretamp
ProfHotpants wrote:I promise the guys blanks are very nearly identically the blanks you're used to.

I LOVE the women's blanks... They are comfy, the fit is flattering, and the shirts haven't faded, twisted or fallen apart. They look like new. I am really thrilled with the new women's blanks.

If one of the major benefits to switching was because the women's Anvil fit so much better (and the men's apparently similar), then why does the size chart still list the old sizes for women? And, it says women's are still made in the US, while men's are made in Honduras/Nicaragua. Are women still getting AA shirts?

If you're going to have the two be different... With all the complaining, wouldn't it make sense to leave the men's from AA in the US (since they "fit the same" and most seem to prefer those), and use Anvil for the women's to allow the larger fit/sizing?

My last purchase was 10 days before the Anvil announcement, and I've never been back. I thought I would miss you shirt.woot, but I don't. Thanks for giving me a reason to stop my collection at 35.

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee
nretamp wrote:If one of the major benefits to switching was because the women's Anvil fit so much better (and the men's apparently similar), then why does the size chart still list the old sizes for women? And, it says women's are still made in the US, while men's are made in Honduras/Nicaragua. Are women still getting AA shirts?

If you're going to have the two be different... With all the complaining, wouldn't it make sense to leave the men's from AA in the US (since they "fit the same" and most seem to prefer those), and use Anvil for the women's to allow the larger fit/sizing?

My last purchase was 10 days before the Anvil announcement, and I've never been back. I thought I would miss you shirt.woot, but I don't. Thanks for giving me a reason to stop my collection at 35.

The problem is that the Anvil shirts don't fit everyone better. I don't even want to buy one after reading many comments about how baggy and short they are and that they lack durability. The AA sizes fit me just fine. But they don't fit everyone either.

Aside from the quality/sizing issues people are having, I am also now hesitant to buy an Anvil shirt because I liked supporting US-based businesses. If I want to support overseas manufacturing, I can go anywhere and a buy a shirt. It's much harder to find things made in the US.

Some people can still receive an AA shirt because there are still some of them left. As they run out of AA they are switching over to Anvil. Eventually all the AAs will probably be gone.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
nretamp wrote: why does the size chart still list the old sizes for women? And, it says women's are still made in the US, while men's are made in Honduras/Nicaragua. Are women still getting AA shirts?

Woot is selling out of their stock. Because the sell more Men's shirts than womens, they ran out of Men's AAs before they ran out of Womens. The size chart is SUPPOSED to be correct at time of order. So if it says USA, then it's supposed to be an AA. Unfortunately the "Made in the USA" quality printing is apparent when the folks at Woot Texas just start shipping Anvils because the finished the box of AA, and didn't stop to ask what to do. This is why we get these mixups, and why veterans always advise to get a screen shot of the size chart when you order your shirt.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

kcls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcls

I'm sure I'm saying the same thing as everyone else, but maybe not, so here goes my comment.

I'm an obnoxiously large, and oddly proportioned person. I'm 6'4", and have a a long torso in comparison to my legs. It is incredibly difficult to find T-Shirts that fit me. Which is why I was so happy a friend from my school told me about Woot, and, when I ordered my first one, it fit so well. This was a year or so ago, and since then, I have gathered up a collection of around 15, some gifts from family members. They were all AA Tee's.

I ordered a new T-Shirt awhile back, and when it came, I was surprised to see it felt quite a bit heavier then the rest. Nonetheless, I wore it for the first time and it fit comfortably. All my Woot Shirts have. The problems came after the first was, however.

Most of my Woot shirts, I order in Size Men's Large. When I put them through the wash, they will often shrink a small amount, but nothing unbearable, I can still wear them and be comfortable. The new anvil one, however, shrunk to the size of around a Medium when I put it through the wash. When I put it on and wore it that day, I found myself constantly having to pull it down to avoid having it come above my waistline. The bottom is now all stretched out from me pulling it down so much, and the shirt looks ridiculous. It is unwearable.

I am really sad to say that unless Woot begins offering a Longer style of Tee, I am going to have to bring my shirt buying to another website or, dare I say, actual store.

Have there been any plans to offer a Longer style Tee for taller people?

Primordial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial

I would have purchased 3 of these shirts today, one for my wife and one for each of my daughters, as they loved it. Of course I bought none since they are printed on inferior and ill-fitting Anvil Shirts. I have bought nothing from woot or shirt.woot since this switch to lower quality shirts took place. I consider it a middle-finger by woot to their whole customer base, so I extend my finger back. I am happy to say that I have been able to find plenty of great shirts at other sites, so I don’t really feel like I am missing anything. Woot however is missing WELL over $1000.00 in purchases I would have made in the woot universe since I found out about this. I know that probably means very little to woot, but I am sure the other sites I have gravitated towards appreciate any extra business they get. Thanks for curing me of my addiction to woot sites woot…if your goal was to tick of a large part of your customer base then you did a fantastic job.

Narfcake

quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
Primordial wrote:I would have purchased 3 of these shirts today, one for my wife and one for each of my daughters, as they loved it. Of course I bought none since they are printed on inferior and ill-fitting Anvil Shirts.

FWIW, today's shirt is printed on AA for guys and gals.

gardinel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gardinel

PLEASE go back to the AA blanks or find some other manufacturer. The Anvil blanks are terrible. I buy 3X as I prefer loose fitting shirts, and that Anvil size shrinks horribly. The neckline stretches out and never recovers its shape, the length loses at least 3 inches after washing. And this is in a cold water wash, and i take them out of the dryer while still wet to air dry. The shirt material is also very thin. It will take a very special Woot design to persuade me to purchase another shirt with this lack of quality.

arionrhodgraylock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arionrhodgraylock

I had held off commenting about the new Anvil blanks until I actually purchased a shirt for myself that was printed on one of them. Most of my shirt purchases are for my son and husband, and they had no real comment about the new ones, so I wasn't expecting my experience to be any different.

Now I can honestly say... BLECH. :P I wasn't completely happy with AA, either, since I like the women's cut but the women's XL was tighter across the chest than I prefer to wear my shirts, but the Anvil? Oh! Mutating Goodness. I washed it and it came out weirdly shaped, you can't even tell it's a woman's cut shirt, really. It shrank, but strangely - drew up shorter but it's almost as though different places shrank more sideways than others did. Perhaps it's because of the print on it - Morte-Vivant, which is a pretty large and dense print.

The overall size is closer to what I want (although I would have REALLY been happy with a women's XXL in AA), but the shape is all wrong. Guess I won't be ordering myself any more shirts.

Immanentizing the Eschaton since 1985

dirtymick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtymick

I am not happy with the change of shirts. I have purchased probably 40+ shirts over the last five or so years and love the way the American Apparel shirts fit and feel. I have seen several responses to similar posts that suggest that the new Anvil shirts are similar but that is not true. How about allowing us to decide what shirt we want. I would rather pay a little extra and have a choice. Give people a choice. If they want Anvil shirts then let them order them and pay a little less. If they want AA shirts then charge a little extra and allow us that choice. I will not purchase any other shirts, nor will I tell any more people about your site until an option is made available. I have been a walking bulboard for your site for years. So many people love my shirts. The designs, the feel and especailly the fit. It is hard to find a shirt that fits great in this country. All shirts are designed for Sponge Bob Square Pants. You know what I'm talking about. Most american's don't even know what it means to have a nice fitting shirt. That was the best thing about your site aside from the great designs. Change is not always a good thing. I'm pissed.

dirtymick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtymick
j5 wrote:protip: assuming you get everyone who cares at all to sign your petition, it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the swarm of "Hey cool shirt" impulse buyers that purchase here.
Nice thought, lost cause.
Please move forward to the next window.

I am not a facebook user so I can't comment on your site but I totally agree with you. The change is horrible.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

After giving my new Anvil shirts a really good try, I'm here, very sad, to report that I am giving up.

I've read pages on pages of posts and even posted a little when I first got my shirts ("After all this time", bought the day it came out) about how they seemed, if not as thick and soft as the AAs, still reasonable. They weren't see-through despite feeling thinner, and so on.

However, despite being very careful when washing and drying (never on high heat!)... I put one on yesterday and although it seemed to still fit the same, I kept feeling like I had to pull it down. I looked in the mirror, and yes - it has lost more than an inch and a half in height. It is basically square now instead of taller than it is wide.

The collar area also seems to have pulled to the side as it shrunk; the design is now off-center, causing me to try to pull the collar the opposite way to get it to look normal...

Despite this being my favorite Woot design that I have owned, I won't be wearing it any more.

And unless I'm going to do this: http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4997495&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=10 or giving the shirt to someone else not-female and not tall (ie not me, my husband, my brother, my stepdaughters, and my young cousins), I won't be able to buy any more shirts from woot.

This kind of statement always sounds childish and likely to be broken, and I don't know how to counteract that; I have been waiting for years for a shirt that I love as much as "After all this time", and yesterday I put it on then took it off and didn't wear it. That is heartbreaking, because it's not going to fit any better tomorrow.

Like others, I would be willing to pay more for the choice of AA. I griped when the price went up to $12, but this has made me realize that I was just being cheap. I would pay $15, even $20 for a great design if I could trust exactly how it was going to fit and how it would fit after 20 washes, the way it is with my old AA shirts.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
Adelas wrote:Like others, I would be willing to pay more for the choice of AA. I griped when the price went up to $12, but this has made me realize that I was just being cheap. I would pay $15, even $20 for a great design if I could trust exactly how it was going to fit and how it would fit after 20 washes, the way it is with my old AA shirts.

I wouldn't pay more than $15 personally. That's how much the side sales shirts cost, and with being in Texas it costs me $16.24. To me, that's pretty high - I'll buy ones at that price (only if they are on AA), but I would be choosier for sure.

If it was more like $14 and I didn't have to pay tax then I would feel better - again only for AA.

I recently tried to wear one of the Anvils I got sent by mistake. I had washed it, so I thought it felt a little softer to my hands. I put it on and was fine for almost 3 or so minutes, before my back started getting really itchy. I don't get it! If it wasn't for sure 100% cotton I would think that I was allergic to something in the materials!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
newnie wrote:I recently tried to wear one of the Anvils I got sent by mistake. I had washed it, so I thought it felt a little softer to my hands. I put it on and was fine for almost 3 or so minutes, before my back started getting really itchy. I don't get it! If it wasn't for sure 100% cotton I would think that I was allergic to something in the materials!

FWIW, I have some serious (and crazily random) allergies and I've definitely reacted to chemicals used to treat fabric, even after washing. It's unusual - washing takes care of 99% of problems [unless the item contains wool!] - but it has happened. I don't know what it is, but I've also reacted to pesticides used on fruits and vegetables, even after thorough washing.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Primordial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial

Today's shirt "Let's all go to the black hole" is another shirt I would have bought 3 of, but instead bought none. I know I keep coming back to comment, but as far as purchases the woot universe is dead to me.

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
Primordial wrote:Today's shirt "Let's all go to the black hole" is another shirt I would have bought 3 of, but instead bought none. I know I keep coming back to comment, but as far as purchases the woot universe is dead to me.

Oh good! I was getting worried about you. I look forward to your twice weekly updates about the immense injustice of the shirt change over the way I look forward to recurrences of oral herpes.

If woot is, indeed, 'dead to [you],' might it not be time to find another horse to beat?

All joking aside: never stop doing what you do. The true injustices in the world are exhausted by all the lamentations on their behalf.

vanessahadd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vanessahadd

I'm really disappointed that they made this switch. Since I don't follow the blog, or RSS feed, I didn't know that this happened. A big, flashing banner at the top of the shirt.woot page would've been helpful. Like HEY LOOK WE ARE CHANGING OUR SHIRTS! LOOK AT ME! /BLINK Of course they didn't do that, but they have no problem throwing a ton of ads on the page now.
I didn't realize it until I opened my latest woot shirt package today, and it straight up looked like it came from walmart, or like, jo ann fabrics (the kind of t shirt that would only be used for an awful iron on decal and puff paint). The reason I loved woot shirts was not only are they (usually) hilarious, but they fit me very sexy, too. I was a women's M in the AA and their previous carrier's size, but the women's medium that came today looked like it came out of some scuzzy promotional bin. I look like a walking box in this thing. Unfortunately, I have to quit woot shirt now (my boyfriend is too since he's the one that ordered the shirt) with the quality having gone so far down hill. I don't have a good reason to be a customer anymore (and the awful beta site doesn't help, either. It makes me feel add). This was the most disappointing woot shirt I ever received.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Question: With the new woot plus offers printing old designs, are they being printed on American Apparel, or Anvil? I've received two of the Anvil, and made the decision to no longer purchase shirts from Woot. The quality just isn't there. I'd love to replace my Donut Panic shirt since it's getting worn, but not if the quality isn't there.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
Itwdswafo wrote:Question: With the new woot plus offers printing old designs, are they being printed on American Apparel, or Anvil? I've received two of the Anvil, and made the decision to no longer purchase shirts from Woot. The quality just isn't there. I'd love to replace my Donut Panic shirt since it's getting worn, but not if the quality isn't there.

You have to check the sizing chart for each shirt seperately to know for sure. For example, in the donut offerings, Donut Panic is on AA for all, while the other two are a mix of AA and Anvil depending if you want Men's, Women's, or Kid's.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

Greenkrieg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Greenkrieg

I'm sorry woot. The change was a bad idea. One of the things I liked most about buying from woot was the fact that the shirts were all made in the US. Manufacturing locations aside the Anvil shirts simply are of lower quality. The one I bought doesn't fit as well. It is already wearing out. Unless there is a switch back to AA I am going to have to stop purchasing from here. Its sad though since you guys have always had great quality and I've been a customer for almost 5 years. But I guess money is more important than the quality you used to give us.

alexanackifl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexanackifl

I'm just lurking and realizing how stupid this conversation is. You're complaining about an extra ounce, being made in a different country, and a slight size difference. Honestly, it's not a big deal. I like Anvil better.

elthewolfesq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elthewolfesq

REVIEW OF NEW WOMEN'S SHIRT - It is huge! I hate it. I wouldn't have minded an extra inch but this is a ridiculous potato sack. I don't know whether to order one size down or two. There's no way the size chart on these it right. And shape-wise, it is a man's shirt.

krandaller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krandaller
alexanackifl wrote:I'm just lurking and realizing how stupid this conversation is. You're complaining about an extra ounce, being made in a different country, and a slight size difference. Honestly, it's not a big deal. I like Anvil better.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you wear a men's size? There's a huge difference in the women's sizes--the new WS is around the size of the old WL, which means that I (as a WM in the old sizes) can't buy shirts here anymore. Just because it's not YOUR problem doesn't mean it's not a problem for someone else.

losiloni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losiloni

I am very dissappointed with the change of shirts. I have waited a while to post since receiving the new shirts and there is a marked difference in the wear on the Anvil shirts compared to the older AA shirts. I mostly order for my children, two teen girls sizesand 1 boy child sizes. The women's sizes are now very baggy. My younger daughter can no longer wear them, and my older daughter must wears a smaller size. The Anvil shirts (ordered several months after the AA shirts) are now very faded and stretching strangely at the neck while the AA shirts still look great. My son (size 4 kids) has 10+ of the AA shirts and a I love everyone of them. They are regularly worn. They fit great and I have no problems with fading or stretching. He has only 3 Anvil shirts, and I don't plan on ordering more. The art on the shirts is great, but the shirts are horrid. The necks all stretched strangely after the first wear and they have faded tremendously, though worn much less than the AA shirts. Is there any hope of going back to the AA shirts?

Narfcake

krandaller wrote:I'm going to go ahead and assume you wear a men's size? There's a huge difference in the women's sizes--the new WS is around the size of the old WL, which means that I (as a WM in the old sizes) can't buy shirts here anymore. Just because it's not YOUR problem doesn't mean it's not a problem for someone else.

+1. And for the guys, there's still this aspect. I wear ML, and I would prefer my shirt's neckhole to fit my neck, not my waist.

Narfcake

losiloni wrote:... Is there any hope of going back to the AA shirts?

If they keep running out of blanks, there will be!

I'm speculating that Secret Love is printed on AA, not because Woot is being nice, but rather, because they're out of stock from Anvil.

I'm wondering if anyone else and/or any other color has stock issues right now ...

bluejester

quality posts: 549 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:If they keep running out of blanks, there will be!

I'm speculating that Secret Love is printed on AA, not because Woot is being nice, but rather, because they're out of stock from Anvil.

I'm wondering if anyone else and/or any other color has stock issues right now ...

One can hope. I continue to do so.

nycbrent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nycbrent
Narfcake wrote:If they keep running out of blanks, there will be!

Good intuition - you are exactly correct about the shortage of blanks in "Grass" color from Anvil. I had ordered Graiiins, and it still hasn't shipped (even though I got a tracking number for it over a week ago). I inquired about it, and Woot customer service said they are waiting on blanks from their vendor. They mentioned size and color as issues...I ordered a MM.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
nycbrent wrote:Good intuition - you are exactly correct about the shortage of blanks in "Grass" color from Anvil. I had ordered Graiiins, and it still hasn't shipped (even though I got a tracking number for it over a week ago). I inquired about it, and Woot customer service said they are waiting on blanks from their vendor. They mentioned size and color as issues...I ordered a MM.

I guess I'll be waiting a while for Straws, Sticks, and Bricks BBQ as well, since it's the same colour and I ordered the same size. That sucks - but I'll be alright as long as I get an AA.

bounty42

4khaos wrote:I guess I'll be waiting a while for Straws, Sticks, and Bricks BBQ as well, since it's the same colour and I ordered the same size. That sucks - but I'll be alright as long as I get an AA.

That should ship out today, on AA, not long it takes to reach you really depends on how many times the carrier has to Wee Wee Wee all the way home.

It's the Dreaded ANVIL blanks that they're out of.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

4khaos

bounty42 wrote:That should ship out today, on AA, not long it takes to reach you really depends on how many times the carrier has to Wee Wee Wee all the way home.

It's the Dreaded ANVIL blanks that they're out of.

Misread. Those Anvil blanks can be out forever for all I care.

Narfcake

A month ago, I posted this color comparison chart, in which my closing line was "how well can Woot/Anvil handle a color/stock shortage?" Well, we're seeing how well that "stability and flexibility" is working out now, aren't we? ^_^

FWIW, I got a PM from a Wooter that's still waiting on a WS of Be What You Want. So it looks like they're out of Kelly Green too. This being a custom color (as in it's not a standard 880 color), it may be months before there's more stock. Meanwhile, AA has 500+ of each size from WS to WXL in Grass and Kelly Green in stock, ready to be shipped. Los Angeles, CA to Carrollton, TX is only a few days away, y'know ...

It's not too late, Woot! Keep in mind that those buying WS these days might only be doing so because it's their least humongously oversized option; those who were a WS and WM in AA have no good options otherwise.

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
Narfcake wrote:It's not too late, Woot! Keep in mind that those buying WS these days might only be doing so because it's their least humongously oversized option; those who were a WS and WM in AA have no good options otherwise.

Word. I was somewhere between WS and WM, and I just simply refuse to buy a too-short absolute tent of a shirt; I'd have bought today's shirt if it hadn't been on Anvil.

deadloon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadloon

I'm all about the Woot Shirts! Bought plenty. In fact, I thought everybody was just a bunch of whiners when it came to switching from American Apparel. Sadly, I have bought 2 of the new shirts ... and they just don't fit the same, nor feel the same. And in the AZ heat, feel is important. Maybe not to most of the country, but those anvil shirts don't breath quite as well, and they don't fit quite as well. Luckily, it allows me to buy more wine, but wine is only consumed once, shirts last for years. Thanks for saving me money! I guess ...

bobqmccracken

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobqmccracken
nmpls wrote:Awesome, worse fitting shirts.
For those of us who are tall, that 1/2 inch is huge. Give me tall shirts or bring back AA shirts.

I'll buy one and see how it fits, but I'm almost certainly out after that. I've had anvil shirts before. They fit much 'bigger' in the chest and are shorter. They also shrink more.

Good job screwing up woot. I've bought almost 100 shirts in just over a year, you can count on those number dwindling.

Unless you give me tall shirts.
---
Also, you justified your most recent price increase on keeping up the AA shirts. Shame.

I have to agree with everything the above poster has said. I've taken the plunge on an anvil shirt or two and find them overall lacking in quality, shorter - and the thinner shirt suggests to me it won't last as long.

It's a really sad day when I see a shirt I want to buy printed on an anvil blank for two dollars more than what AA used to run me... and opting not to purchase it. Furthermore, having given you well over $400 in the past year or so for shirts, I'm hard pressed to justify spending more money on less quality.

Terrible business model - here's hoping you switch back soon.

musocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages musocat

You sold out and went overseas. AND raised the price 2 bucks.

You know, you coulda raised the price $5 and kept your shirts Made in USA and I would have continued to buy.

But no. So screw you.

I'm done buying woot shirts.

supersmash64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersmash64

I have extremely sensitive skin and have struggled for years to find shirts that are both soft and without certain chemical treatments as to not irritate my skin. Woot saved me, made buying amazing and comfortable shirts a breeze, and cheaper than anywhere else. I was extremely disappointed when I received my first Anvil shirt and had a painful allergic reaction. I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I washed it repeatedly I could manage it, that the fabric would be softer and that I could wear it comfortably. Well it has been seven washes, and it still gives me prickles all over. I have ordered 20 woot these past two years and have recommended this site to many others, who I am seen order numerous shirts, so I am sad to say that it is the last shirt I will buy from Woot as long as Anvil is all that is available. I second the previous comment's notion, I would gladly pay a premium for AA shirts from Woot.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find similar quality shirts that may not irritate my skin? This is becoming a health concern for me. :/

bounty42

supersmash64 wrote:I have extremely sensitive skin and have struggled for years to find shirts that are both soft and without certain chemical treatments as to not irritate my skin. Woot saved me, made buying amazing and comfortable shirts a breeze, and cheaper than anywhere else. I was extremely disappointed when I received my first Anvil shirt and had a painful allergic reaction. I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I washed it repeatedly I could manage it, that the fabric would be softer and that I could wear it comfortably. Well it has been seven washes, and it still gives me prickles all over. I have ordered 20 woot these past two years and have recommended this site to many others, who I am seen order numerous shirts, so I am sad to say that it is the last shirt I will buy from Woot as long as Anvil is all that is available. I second the previous comment's notion, I would gladly pay a premium for AA shirts from Woot.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find similar quality shirts that may not irritate my skin? This is becoming a health concern for me. :/

If you browse the "Woot Artists Printing on Other Sites" Thread, there's the occasional mention of which shirt the other sites are printing on.

4khaos

supersmash64 wrote:I have extremely sensitive skin and have struggled for years to find shirts that are both soft and without certain chemical treatments as to not irritate my skin. Woot saved me, made buying amazing and comfortable shirts a breeze, and cheaper than anywhere else. I was extremely disappointed when I received my first Anvil shirt and had a painful allergic reaction. I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I washed it repeatedly I could manage it, that the fabric would be softer and that I could wear it comfortably. Well it has been seven washes, and it still gives me prickles all over. I have ordered 20 woot these past two years and have recommended this site to many others, who I am seen order numerous shirts, so I am sad to say that it is the last shirt I will buy from Woot as long as Anvil is all that is available. I second the previous comment's notion, I would gladly pay a premium for AA shirts from Woot.

GoodJoe uses AA shirts, and obviously, you could buy blank AA shirts from AA.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

Anvil shirts are great if you're a fat guy into black t-shirts. Otherwise there's no benefit to anyone other than Jeff Bezos by switching from AA and raising the price.