risingserpent


quality posts: 0 Private Messages risingserpent
chaoswerecat wrote:you need to check the sizing chart linked from the t-shirt you want to buy. For today's settler cats, it is this
(which is the huge sizing)



Thanks, I couldn't find where that link was with the new layout. This makes me sad though. They need to make Women's XS. =(

neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
neuropsychosocial wrote:I'd be curious how many complaints GoodJoe gets from someone who thought they ordered a shirt on one color and it turned up on another. I'm guessing not very many. Boots, if you're around, any thoughts on that?

I heard from a source at GoodJoe: no reported problems with people making a mistake with the drop-down menus and selecting a different color than they thought they were ordering.

Interestingly, since we had this discussion a few nights ago, woot has demonstrated that the new website has exactly the functionality required to pull this off, from an order perspective. Doesn't mean they will, I still don't think they should, but the potential is there, and they'll soon have some data about how much difficulty people are having toggling two drop-downs to choose their desired product - as well as GoodJoe's experience that this works fine with a single drop-down menu.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

Every other post seems to saying nothing more than woot's terrible, falling apart, and the aa/anvil switch was a bad decision. If people don't like woot anymore, then move on. What is the point of spending time on the woot site if all you're going to do is come up with another story about how woot is falling apart? If people don't like the changes or the simple fact that sometimes websites run into technical and logistical issues, then stop coming to the site. The incessant complaining and whining about woot is ruining things. Woot hasn't ruined this site, the lengthy, condescending posts have.

newnie


quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
aerc712 wrote:Every other post seems to saying nothing more than woot's terrible, falling apart, and the aa/anvil switch was a bad decision. If people don't like woot anymore, then move on. What is the point of spending time on the woot site if all you're going to do is come up with another story about how woot is falling apart? If people don't like the changes or the simple fact that sometimes websites run into technical and logistical issues, then stop coming to the site. The incessant complaining and whining about woot is ruining things. Woot hasn't ruined this site, the lengthy, condescending posts have.



And if these seem to piss you off so much, why do you keep coming back to this thread? You argument goes both ways, no? A lot of us still come because sometimes the side sales still sell AA products and we like to participate in voting in the derbies as well, voice our opinions about the side sales, and in general interact with other wooters.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
newnie wrote:And if these seem to piss you off so much, why do you keep coming back to this thread? You argument goes both ways, no? A lot of us still come because sometimes the side sales still sell AA products and we like to participate in voting in the derbies as well, voice our opinions about the side sales, and in general interact with other wooters.



Those posts are all over woot, not just in this one thread. Each new shirt, there's a "I wish this was on AA" comment. There are some threads I do avoid now because of the condescending know it alls that have taken them over. Hell, even with the derbies there are the comments about how it's a shame things will print on Anvil and not AA and that ruins one of my favorite parts of woot. I love to see what people come up with each week for the derby. Elsewhere, though, it seems like the discussions have become little more than "here's another example of woot f'ing up."

trekmiss


quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
aerc712 wrote:Those posts are all over woot, not just in this one thread. Each new shirt, there's a "I wish this was on AA" comment. There are some threads I do avoid now because of the condescending know it alls that have taken them over. Hell, even with the derbies there are the comments about how it's a shame things will print on Anvil and not AA and that ruins one of my favorite parts of woot. I love to see what people come up with each week for the derby. Elsewhere, though, it seems like the discussions have become little more than "here's another example of woot f'ing up."


This will probably irritate you, and I'm sorry if it does. See that little black box by my name? That means I've bought more than 100 woots, most of them have been tshirts. Many others have bought way more than I have. It is something that I have enjoyed since the very first day of shirt.woot. Woot hooked me on tshirts because of the awesome quality of their product. There was hardly a night that passed that I didn't check woot at midnight before I went to bed...even when I lived in South America and woot time was 2am. I have been a supporter and customer for the entire life of shirt.woot.

I have not bought a shirt on Anvil because the feedback so far has been lousy and the size charts say they won't fit me well. There have been several shirts I've passed on because they were not on AA. I think woot needs to hear when they are losing a sale to a long term customer because of their choice to lower the quality of the shirt blanks.

From the very beginning of the shirt blank change, I promised I would buy one set of Anvils in randoms, but that opportunity hasn't presented itself, yet. I will follow through with that promise. However, based on feedback, I don't hold out much hope for the quality and fit of the Anvil shirts.

I travel a lot. I have washed my woot shirts in multiple laundromats across this country, drying them in dryers that run hot and others that seem to never dry. I have a few woot shirts that endured the laundry process in Bolivia that included nearly 3 hours in the dryer. I'm still wearing those shirts, and they are still in great shape. I doubt the Anvils will hold up to the same routine, solely based on the comments and photos saying they shrink and become misshapen in just one wash.

tl;dr version: I don't care if you're tired of reading it...as a long time customer of shirt.woot, I will continue to voice my opinion.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
trekmiss wrote: I doubt the Anvils will hold up to the same routine, solely based on the comments and photos saying they shrink and become misshapen in just one wash.

tl;dr version: I don't care if you're tired of reading it...as a long time customer of shirt.woot, I will continue to voice my opinion.



Way to judge something without trying it out. I haven't had the experiences that others have claimed to have with the Anvil shirts. I gave them a try and they weren't that bad.

Mazel tov on having bought so many shirts. The fact that you (or anyone else) knew about woot before I did and gave them tons of money shouldn't render my opinion invalid.

trekmiss


quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
aerc712 wrote:Way to judge something without trying it out. I haven't had the experiences that others have claimed to have with the Anvil shirts. I gave them a try and they weren't that bad.

Mazel tov on having bought so many shirts. The fact that you (or anyone else) knew about woot before I did and gave them tons of money shouldn't render my opinion invalid.



I never said your opinion was invalid. You are the one who is tired of reading opinions that differ from yours.

I don't like to throw my money away. When I was buying an AA shirt, I knew what I was getting. I will not spend $12 for one shirt that quite a few wooters say is inferior. I will wait till I can buy 3 for $20 instead, when I can also try 3 different sizes. If I find those random Anvils to be of equal quality to the AA shirts, I'll be the first to come back here and say so. I'll also be excited to purchase woot shirts again.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
trekmiss wrote:I never said your opinion was invalid. You are the one who is tired of reading opinions that differ from yours.



Or I'm tired of being treated like crap and like anything I say is unimportant because a few deem so. People want discussion but as soon as someone calls bs or says something different the conversation turns against them. Great thing you have going there woot.

trekmiss


quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
aerc712 wrote:I'm tired of the "I hate Anvil/I'd buy this if it was AA" remarks.



aerc712 wrote:I know I'll probably get attacked for it, but I do wish that something would be said or done in regards to the continuing "I'd buy this if it was AA," "I can't shop here anymore," "Anvil's terrible" remarks.



I have nothing against those who like or even prefer Anvil. The only reason I responded (and I'm regretting it now) is to explain why I continue to share my opinion.

I, too, wish something would be done or said about the "I'd buy this if it was AA" thing. What I wish would be done is that AA will be brought back as an option. I doubt that is what you are wishing, though I could be wrong.

Now, I've said enough. I don't dislike you, and I don't want to argue with you. I just wanted to explain my position, which I have done.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
trekmiss wrote:I have nothing against those who like or even prefer Anvil. The only reason I responded (and I'm regretting it now) is to explain why I continue to share my opinion.

I, too, wish something would be done or said about the "I'd buy this if it was AA" thing. What I wish would be done is that AA will be brought back as an option. I doubt that is what you are wishing, though I could be wrong.

Now, I've said enough. I don't dislike you, and I don't want to argue with you. I just wanted to explain my position, which I have done.



I don't care if AA is brought back or not. The current indication is that woot is sticking with Anvil though and I am tired of all the "BRING AA BACK" comments and the "WOOT'S TERRIBLE" comments. Those comments are ruining the forums because they are everywhere.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
aerc712 wrote:
I know I'll probably get attacked for it, but I do wish that something would be said or done in regards to the continuing "I'd buy this if it was AA," "I can't shop here anymore," "Anvil's terrible" remarks. I doubt artists enjoy reading those because that's money that they lose too.

FYI, those types of posts are getting purged from the shirt threads.

move along

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
aerc712 wrote:Way to judge something without trying it out. I haven't had the experiences that others have claimed to have with the Anvil shirts. I gave them a try and they weren't that bad.

Mazel tov on having bought so many shirts. The fact that you (or anyone else) knew about woot before I did and gave them tons of money shouldn't render my opinion invalid.


My count exceeds 325, and I do have Anvil 980 shirts from before. I didn't need the three that were sent to me (when they were supposed to be on AA) to reform any of my opinions. The necklines(*) do bother me. Along with the wider shoulders, it just doesn't fit as well ... so I stand where I stand.

* - I've posted pics of them when new; when I get home, I'm going to put the necklines of a used AA vs. a used Anvil to the test. Put them on a bar clamp and see how far they stretch without breaking. And once again, raise why the "not for use as pants" line is still on the tag...

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Hi, I just want to put in my opinion of the two different shirts here.

1. In the last set of randoms I bought one woman's XL on an AA blank, it is actually way to snug on me. So, while I love the print, I really can't wear it (maybe if I lose some weight?, but even then it may not, as the fit is tightest around my chest) I also ordered two men's XL. Both were on AA. Both of those fit me well.

2. I have been buying the new shirts on Anvil blanks in men's XL, which fit well. I just now ordered Settler Cats in a woman's XL to check the fit. I see they are close to the men's XL size, so I'm sure it will be fine. If not, oh well. It becomes wall art, lol!

3. I have an anvil shirt that I've had for several years now that I got from a radio promo. The shirt has held up very well. It is an men's XL (that's all they had, lol!). It's red, and the color really hasn't faded much through multiple washings and abuse as I tend to wear it to a lot of my yard sales and flea markets that I sell at. (Being a radio promo, I don't care if it gets ruined, lol). It has survived all of them without any damage (much to my surprise). It's even stood up to my cats constant jumping on me all claws bared. I haven't had it shrink, but I tend to dry all my clothes on low heat, because I can't afford to have anything shrink on me. I am surprised to hear so many people having problems with the quality. Maybe they are different blanks, or quality somehow? Although, being a radio promo shirt, I can't imagine they spent too much on them, they had to print a few hundred of them for a win the car promotion.

3. I think woot-ers are generally pretty smart and would be able to figure it out if you had both AA and Anvil. The only thing is I'd have to stay away from the women's sizes as I now know they don't fit. But, because I can buy men's sizes in either style and have them fit fine, I'd still be happy.

I just hope to keep seeing awesome woot shirts!

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Narfcake wrote:My count exceeds 325, and I do have Anvil 980 shirts from before. I didn't need the three that were sent to me (when they were supposed to be on AA) to reform any of my opinions. The necklines(*) do bother me. Along with the wider shoulders, it just doesn't fit as well ... so I stand where I stand.

* - I've posted pics of them when new; when I get home, I'm going to put the necklines of a used AA vs. a used Anvil to the test. Put them on a bar clamp and see how far they stretch without breaking. And once again, raise why the "not for use as pants" line is still on the tag...



Don't bother with your experiment. I don't care. I give up.

Keep on acting like you folks know all and everyone who dares to disagree with you is wrong. Real nice.

trekmiss


quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
baybei wrote:2. I have been buying the new shirts on Anvil blanks in men's XL, which fit well. I just now ordered Settler Cats in a woman's XL to check the fit. I see they are close to the men's XL size, so I'm sure it will be fine. If not, oh well. It becomes wall art, lol!



What is your opinion of the neck and sleeves of the Anvil MXL vs. the AA MXL? Is the neck too big? Are the sleeves too long and floppy? Did your shirt Anvil lose any length at all when washed?

I'm especially interested in the opinion of another female who appears to be around the same size as I am now.

Narfcake


quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
aerc712 wrote:Don't bother with your experiment. I don't care. I give up.



It's actually fitting to this week's side sale, so I'll still do it. I've posted comparison pics before; I may as well do some quantitative comparisons too.

You have your opinions, and I have mine. I couldn't care less that some folks will have an opposing view. If the new blanks work, then cool. If not, then by speaking up, Woot knows why sales have suffered, and maybe, just maybe, a change will happen. We're Wooters - it's expected that we nitpick the product, offer reviews and opinions, and post our commentary.

FWIW, a corollary to all this is that there are 28 shirts I would have bought that I didn't, so THANK YOU WOOT for saving me money!

ETA: Here are the results, linked back to my comparison pics post.

Used Anvil 980, size ML - 30". Used AA 2001, size MXL - 27-1/2". I did not have an expendable AA 2001 in ML for the test.

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
aerc712 wrote:Don't bother with your experiment. I don't care. I give up.

Keep on acting like you folks know all and everyone who dares to disagree with you is wrong. Real nice.



Narfcake will do his experiment because that is just who he is. He IS a know-it-all because he knows that these new shirt blanks as not as good for him. And he knows it is right to complain when a shirt he orders is NOT on the correct blank. It was good of him to post about the problem so other wooters would know about it.

I am a short, busty,(older) woman. Five-one and a 46" bust. Men's shirt designs would be too big on me. The old WXL AA are snug. The WXXL AAs that I have have a nice fit. In the old threads about women's shirt blanks I would always want WXXL AAs. But the best fit I get right now is in the Anvil WL. The change has been good for me....but not everyone!

Many women now cannot get a Woot shirt that fits the was they want it to. If I were in their shoes I would have no problem because I sew and can alter anything smaller. But that is not true for many purchasers.

People care - they want to support the artists - many of us who have been here for awhile consider the artists to be peers. We care about their work and want to support them. But we want to be able to wear the shirts!! Many who could wear them before not cannot. They are know-it-alls and experts on what they want.

Me, I am happy with my well-fitting, good-looking Woot shirts. I wish all of us could be happy with Shirt.Woot.

Peace

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
aerc712 wrote:Don't bother with your experiment. I don't care. I give up.

Keep on acting like you folks know all and everyone who dares to disagree with you is wrong. Real nice.



If you can express your opinion so can they. The posts jellyfishing about others comments are as valid as the 20 posts that have no content or any other redeeming feature. It is the Internet, and for every funny, punny, inspiring post you will have hundreds of what amounts to fffiiirrrsssttttt!! And jellyfishing will not change that, it will just attract trolls who will needle your pet peeves (I don't think either trekmiss or narfcake count as trolls).

Frankly, since there is no ignore feature you need to develop a form of blindness, and thankfully the mods are pretty active so those get purged (though that causes complaints of over zealousness).

I do see a pattern in your posts where if someone disagrees with you you take it as an attack. Even when the post is well written to avoid such appearances. I think you need to find out why you see attacks everywhere, not for our sake but for your own. Even if the answer is like mine, where I don't post if I'm getting a migraine, it will make your communications everywhere go better.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
blanked wrote:If you can express your opinion so can they. The posts jellyfishing about others comments are as valid as the 20 posts that have no content or any other redeeming feature. It is the Internet, and for every funny, punny, inspiring post you will have hundreds of what amounts to fffiiirrrsssttttt!! And jellyfishing will not change that, it will just attract trolls who will needle your pet peeves (I don't think either trekmiss or narfcake count as trolls).

Frankly, since there is no ignore feature you need to develop a form of blindness, and thankfully the mods are pretty active so those get purged (though that causes complaints of over zealousness).

I do see a pattern in your posts where if someone disagrees with you you take it as an attack. Even when the post is well written to avoid such appearances. I think you need to find out why you see attacks everywhere, not for our sake but for your own. Even if the answer is like mine, where I don't post if I'm getting a migraine, it will make your communications everywhere go better.



Some posts have been deleted, but there have been plenty of times when my remarks have been dismissed and I've been spoken to like I don't know how to tie my own damn shoes. When someone speaks to me like that or dismisses me for a petty reason without considering what I have to say, then I believe that I have a right to speak up and express that I'm upset by what's going on.

One of my points before this got screwed up is that there are people here who pretty much only post negative comments about woot. Those comments ruin the woot experience. In my mind (which you implied is screwed up, thanks for that) it doesn't make sense for folks to just come here and point out all that woot is doing wrong. I enjoy the discussions that can happen, but lately a few seem to have taken things over and all that matters is that they're right. This isn't just in one thread, it's all over the damn site.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Narfcake wrote:

We're Wooters - it's expected that we nitpick the product, offer reviews and opinions, and post our commentary.



Yet when certain opinions are offered, they are attacked or disregarded. Folks preach the value of different opinions but when someone actually dares to offer a new perspective then they face a backlash.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy folks. Just a reminder to avoid personal comments and attacks in your posts. Direct your dislike towards us, where it belongs.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jasonelvis


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jasonelvis
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy folks. Just a reminder to avoid personal comments and attacks in your posts. Direct your dislike towards us, where it belongs.



Thank you, ThunderThighs. I kept reading and I don't know why I was reading but I couldn't stop.

ReginaFilangee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
trekmiss wrote:What is your opinion of the neck and sleeves of the Anvil MXL vs. the AA MXL? Is the neck too big? Are the sleeves too long and floppy? Did your shirt Anvil lose any length at all when washed?

I'm especially interested in the opinion of another female who appears to be around the same size as I am now.



I have several of both AA and Anvil M-XL shirts. (I have always preferred straighter tees as opposed to closer-fitting women's sizes, and am quite well-endowed in the boobage dept.)

I have not found there to be much...if any...difference at all in the dimensions you ask about. I also do not find the Anvils to be scratchy or less soft (and I have very sensitive skin), either before washing or after.

The only difference I really dislike is that the Anvil fabric seems "thinner"---while the AA's were nice and thick. This leads me to believe that they will (probably) hold up better/longer. But since the more shirts one has, the less each will get worn/laundered, I'm not worried that it will be an issue. After all, if one has more shirts than there are days in the year, then each one will be worn either just a few times or once a year at most. And that's only if one doesn't wear any other type of shirt at all (which is highly unlikely.)

That said, I think it would be easy for Woot to OFFER a choice, the way T-shirt Hell does. On their drop-down boxes, one can choose an AA blank for a print for only $2 more. They actually have several choices that way for style, several choices for color (which vary, depending upon style chosen first), then finally size. It's pretty straightforward, actually....and gives customers a CHOICE.

Just sayin....

May the Crap be with you all!!!

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
trekmiss wrote:What is your opinion of the neck and sleeves of the Anvil MXL vs. the AA MXL? Is the neck too big? Are the sleeves too long and floppy? Did your shirt Anvil lose any length at all when washed?

I'm especially interested in the opinion of another female who appears to be around the same size as I am now.



Hi. The neck and sleeves are a bit looser, but that doesn't bother me. After I get home from work, I will take some pics of me wearing both AA and Anvil MXL and upload them for you. I have a break free I just got, so I will use that, wash it and take another pic, and even dig out a tape measure (or measuring tape or whatever measuring device I can find) to check if the length got shorter. I have never noticed it yet, but I'll try to be scientific about it, lol! It may be because I dry everything on low heat. I know the dryer is what makes clothes shrink, and I've read that it's technically over-drying is the culprit, but for years I've dried everything on low heat and haven't had any problems.

I agree with another poster that the material does seem to be a bit thinner, but I'm not unimpressed with them, and I've yet to have one not hold up in the wash. The older Anvil I have does have a slightly different feel than these Anvils, but it's also made in Honduras (I believe).

I like that you are willing to try out an Anvil, and I respect the desire not to spend too much to find out they don't work for you. I wouldn't normally experiment around, but because I have some minimal sewing skills, I realize I could always turn them into something else if I really hate the fit. I've made pillows out of shirts in the past, I'm going to try and frame a size small shirt I recently bought that I know will never fit, so I don't mind getting crafty, lol!

Edit: OK. Here's my test results. The sleeves and the neck are looser, however after washing, the sleeve gets a bit smaller. They do shrink being washed (I'm surprised I never noticed it before! I'm thinking because they are still long enough for me). Before washing it was 30 and 1/2" long and 23 and 3/4" wide, after washing it was 27 and 1/2" long and 22" wide. When I tried it back on for the photo though, it didn't seem any shorter (weird I know). I have pictures of all the measurements I took, plus of me wearing the shirt both before and after the washing and an AA shirt that has been washed and worn a few times already. Link to my album on photobucket here. I hope this helps



trekmiss


quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
baybei wrote:Edit: OK. Here's my test results. The sleeves and the neck are looser, however after washing, the sleeve gets a bit smaller. They do shrink being washed (I'm surprised I never noticed it before! I'm thinking because they are still long enough for me). Before washing it was 30 and 1/2" long and 23 and 3/4" wide, after washing it was 27 and 1/2" long and 22" wide. When I tried it back on for the photo though, it didn't seem any shorter (weird I know). I have pictures of all the measurements I took, plus of me wearing the shirt both before and after the washing and an AA shirt that has been washed and worn a few times already. Link to my album on photobucket here. I hope this helps



Wow! Thank you for the photos and measurements. They have been super helpful. I think I can probably quit worrying about the sleeves now. My concerns about the neck and length continue, unfortunately. The AA necks are already big on me, so the Anvil is going to seem huge. The length loss in one wash is crazy! Even so, I'll stick to my plan to buy 3 different sizes at Anvil random time. I'm going to try a WXL for the neck and sleeves, an MXL because that is my current AA size, and a 2XL to try to maintain the length that I need. I will post pics and measurements when that happens.

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
trekmiss wrote:Wow! Thank you for the photos and measurements. They have been super helpful. I think I can probably quit worrying about the sleeves now. My concerns about the neck and length continue, unfortunately. The AA necks are already big on me, so the Anvil is going to seem huge. The length loss in one wash is crazy! Even so, I'll stick to my plan to buy 3 different sizes at Anvil random time. I'm going to try a WXL for the neck and sleeves, an MXL because that is my current AA size, and a 2XL to try to maintain the length that I need. I will post pics and measurements when that happens.



No problem! I like to help out where I can

Good luck getting one that fits right. I wish I could help with that too, but I think waiting for the randoms is a great idea!

I can't wait to get my Settler Cats so I can test the Anvil WXL vs AA WXL (though I can tell the AA is smaller, lol!)

And, I'll agree that the length loss in one wash is crazy! What's worse is I never noticed it until I put a measuring tape to it.

Have an awesome day!

tjschaeffer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

So I received my first shirt in Anvil today (Star Powered, awesome design, btw). I actually kind of like the fit. Being a man whose physique tends more towards the...flabby than muscular, I was never a huge fan of the more athletic fit of the AA. The anvil shirt has a nice feel to it. Not boxy like some have said. The neck is a little large, thus showing off some of my unsightly back hair (yeah, too much info), but I do still like the shirt.

I'll see if the shrinkage is any different than the AA when I wash it.

Primordial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial

Good, that is the point. Woot betrayed it's customers and American workers....I would love to see them "ruined"

aerc712 wrote:Every other post seems to saying nothing more than woot's terrible, falling apart, and the aa/anvil switch was a bad decision. If people don't like woot anymore, then move on. What is the point of spending time on the woot site if all you're going to do is come up with another story about how woot is falling apart? If people don't like the changes or the simple fact that sometimes websites run into technical and logistical issues, then stop coming to the site. The incessant complaining and whining about woot is ruining things. Woot hasn't ruined this site, the lengthy, condescending posts have.



Primordial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial
aerc712 wrote:I don't care if AA is brought back or not. The current indication is that woot is sticking with Anvil though and I am tired of all the "BRING AA BACK" comments and the "WOOT'S TERRIBLE" comments. Those comments are ruining the forums because they are everywhere.




Who cares what you are tired of? We are customers (or former customers) who are voicing our opinions. You certainly have the right to complain that we are doing so, but we don't really care about you being frustrated, we will continue to post what we want, when we want. If it bothers you I suggest you stop reading the posts or get a security blanket to cry in. I don't know if I was here before you, but my voracious purchasing certainly earns me the right to comment on the situation as often as I like, as does the person who has only purchased 1 shirt. We are not breaking any TOS by voicing our displeasure, and you can cry about it as much as you want too. Just understand that you won’t stop anyone from continuing to lambast woot for their poor decision and we will make our displeasure known as often as we choose.



1. Wet || Slippery When 3/8/12
2. All Sails Ahead 3/2/12
3. The Year of the Plumber 2/25/11
4. Lucky at Last 2/17/
5. Ghost Writer 1/12/12 1
6. Too Many Scoops 12/31/11 2
7. Ugly Holiday Sweater 2011 12/5/11 1
8. Run Away! Run Away! 11/17/11 1
9. Hats That Are Hatty 11/9/11 1
10. Changing Sides 11/6/11 1
11. 13th Gloom Street - Tote 10/14/11 2
12. Haunted Scarecrow 10/14/11 1
13. Click or Treat 10/12/11 1
14. Scrub, My Pretty 10/6/11 1
15. The Cheese is a Liederkranz 9/24/11 1
16. The Cheese is a Liederkranz 9/23/11 1
17. The Binge 9/19/11 1
18. The End Is The Beginning 9/2/11 3
19. Straw, Sticks, & Bricks BBQ 7/30/11 1
20. Sugar Skull 6/22/11 2
21. Playful Foxes 6/9/11 1
22. Ro-boss 6/6/11 1
23. 3037 5/21/11 2
24. Humanity Gets Voted Off 5/10/11 1
25. Two Queens 5/7/11 3
26. See No Evil 4/28/11 1
27. Minor Modifications 4/15/11 2
28. Rainy Souls 4/1/11 1
29. Don't Look Back, I've Got You 3/27/11 1
30. World 1-1 Building 3/24/11 1
31. Magic Lamp 3/19/11 1
32. They call me… Tim 3/18/11 1
33. Cooler Than You 3/9/11 1
34. Unstealthiest Ninja 3/4/11 1
35. Just a little paint 3/3/11 1
36. Retrobot 3/3/11 1
37. Odd Bear Out 2/20/11 1
38. Thunderbird 2/12/11 2
39. Ugly Holiday Sweater 2010 12/23/10 2
40. Sky Invader 12/14/10 1
41. Like A Lightbulb 12/13/10 1
42. Last Flight Home 12/7/10 1
43. Test Tube Baby 12/6/10 1
44. Warm and Cozy 11/30/10 1
45. Dead Air 11/23/10 1
46. The Hungry Igloo 11/12/10 1
47. Transitions 10/29/10 1
48. Four Little Ponies of the Apocalypse 10/20/10 2
49. The Tag Along 10/20/10 1
50. 5 Second Rule 10/20/10 1
51. Trick Or Treat 10/18/10 2
52. Imposter 9/21/10 1
53. The Binge 9/21/10 1
54. NightLife 8/31/10 1
55. I Bet It’s Better There… 8/21/10 1
56. The Black Hole 8/7/10 3
57. brn2pwn 8/3/10 2
58. Pup In Training 7/23/10 1
59. Orbital Model of the Carbon Atom 7/17/10 1
60. Escape the city 7/9/10 1
61. Random Shirt 7/5/10 3
62. Schrodinger’s Cat 6/5/10 1
63. Squeeze 5/22/10 1
64. Lunch Break 5/19/10 1
65. Ask Again Later 4/30/10 1
66. Nature's Harmony 4/26/10 2
67. The Original B-Boy 4/8/10 1
68. Deep Blue Space 4/3/10 1
69. Pinball Wizard 3/30/10 1
70. My Lucky Day 3/13/10 1
71. Sliced Bread 3/6/10 1
72. Steam Heart 2/6/10 1
73. The Sleep of Reason Produces Flying Turtles 1/23/10 1
74. Alien Invader 1/19/10 1
75. Ugly Winter Sweater 12/24/09 1
76. Oops I missed, let me try again 12/12/09 1
77. Winning the Race 12/11/09 2
78. Going Away Is The Bluebird 12/4/09 1
79. Giving from the heart 11/19/09 1
80. Zombie Vampire Robots from Space 11/18/09 1
81. Computer Mice 10/30/09 2
82. 13th Gloom Street 10/19/09 1
83. Illustrated Ratings Guide 10/14/09 1
84. Gummistone Park 10/9/09 3
85. Fiery Autumn Colors 9/5/09 1
86. PAINata 9/3/09 1
87. When Asteroids Strike 7/9/09 1
88. The Last Day 6/19/09 2
89. Pandora’s Friends and Galaxy 5/24/09 2
90. The Breakfast Club 4/28/09 2
91. Navy Seals 4/14/09 1
92. Basic Training 3/15/09 2
93. I wish… 3/13/09 1
94. 200 3/2/09 1
95. The Convenient Tiny Chair 2/22/09 1
96. Battle Fungale 2/12/09 1
97. Birth of the Moon 1/10/09 2
98. Grim Optimism 12/19/08 1
99. Binge Rat 12/18/08 1
100. Two Fish Who Are Red And Blue 12/12/08 1
101. 404 Heart Not Found 12/11/08 1
102. Collateral Hamage 11/24/08 1
103. Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum! 10/25/08 1
104. Undead Whispers 10/23/08 1
105. The Frankensteins 10/22/08 1
106. Can You Spell BRAAAINS! 10/11/08 1
107. Friends Are Forever 9/17/08 3
108. Jimmy… Is That You? 9/6/08 1
109. Tin: Old Skool 9/6/08 1
110. Oh Burned!!! 9/6/08 1
111. Oh Burned!!! 9/6/08 3
112. The Cycle of Life 9/3/08 1
113. Hungry Bento 8/30/08 2
114. Energy Harvester 8/1/08 2
115. Eyes Cream Sundae 7/24/08 1
116. At Last We Meet . . . 6/27/08 2
117. 1986: The Legend Was Born 6/22/08 1
118. Road Closed 6/22/08 1
119. Suburban Blitzkrieg 6/22/08 2
120. 335 Woolloomoo Way 6/20/08 1
121. Zombeer 6/16/08 1
122. Road Closed 6/12/08 1
123. PB and Jellyfish 6/10/08 1
124. Army in my Pocket 6/9/08 1
125. Finding Technicolor 6/9/08 1
126. Zombie Season 6/9/08 1
127. Sublimican Republic 6/7/08 1
128. Decibliterated 6/5/08 1
129. Oh Burned!!! 6/1/08 2
130. Skullngry 5/28/08 1
131. Alpha Battle 5/14/08 1
132. Mister Bobo, Masonic Dyna-Monkey 5/12/08 1
133. Chest Of Nightmares 5/6/08 1
134. Treacherous Waters 4/29/08 1
135. PolarSnugglePhant 4/29/08 1

Primordial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial

By the way, I seriously hate the new format of woot anyway. They are becoming just another Amazon clone/child site, way too busy. Even if this shirt switch had not happened I would be checking woot’s main page MUCH less often as it has become too busy and cluttered. Woot took what was a GREAT experience and soiled it. Instead of spending 30-60 seconds checking a site that had 1 thing in a few categories they have tried to change it into another shopping destination. I only came to woot daily because I didn’t have to dedicate any real time to the site, less than a minute and I was in or out. They have killed what woot was and I have not bought anything from them in months…..and I don’t miss it at all. I have discovered many other shirt sites that outshine woot in their offerings…so thanks for driving me forward towards better things…..WOOT!!!!!!!!!

By the way I have all the Rokus, flash drives, video cameras, vacuum robots, and laptops that I will ever need. They may not need me, but I certainly don’t need them.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Primordial wrote:By the way, I seriously hate the new format of woot anyway....

This is good feedback. Could you please add it to the feedback thread in World of Woot where it's more likely to be seen? Thanks!




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Primordial


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial
ThunderThighs wrote:This is good feedback. Could you please add it to the feedback thread in World of Woot where it's more likely to be seen? Thanks!



Done

ZandersZa


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

Got my first Anvil shirt today, and... ugh. Not only can you immediately tell the difference in quality (somehow rougher AND thinner? None of my black AA shirts were semi-transparent like this), but it came with this:



Some might say it's a minor defect (cut the thread, leave the white stitch). But I have NEVER had anything like that on an AA blank. Again, ugh.

Fit-wise, I haven't washed it yet so I don't want to jump to conclusions. I guess I'm gonna hold off on buying shirts here for now, which is a shame considering I've bought something around 40 of them over the years and referred countless friends/family to the site.

I cherish my collection, but it looks like it won't be growing anytime soon. Oh well. I doubt one little customer like me makes a dent in Amazon's bottom line.

ahhh4tuna


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahhh4tuna

Kudos for continuously improving your site, but this wouldn't be constructive without some criticism:

1 - Keep it simple, stupid: I miss the simplicity of your old site. Each page had all the info you needed with one click. I don't want to click "I want one" in order to read about the features/specs/etc. Consider shopper insights terms like "shopability" and "navigation" and how you've completely pissed us off.

2 - Communicating change: I get it. You've got a new look, you're in beta. What I missed the memo on was the shirt supplier change. You've now got way too much messaging on each page to expect time-starved customers to click through every page of your site. READ: I CHECK SHIRT.WOOT EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I don't always buy very often (I'm trying to streamline), but when I Woot!, I can't claim to be the Dos Equis guy. I bought a shirt a couple weeks back and when it arrived, I thought I was shipped the wrong size. After writing a friendly email to customer service, I get the following response:

>>>If the tag shows the Woot logo in baby/light blue, then the shirt you received is actually a Women's XL. Currently, we are making the transition to new Anvil shirts which you might've already read about here: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4856801.
The most noticeable changes in the shirts is actually in the women's sizing. There is some further information about this here: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4862827.
While we in process of making this change, not all the shirts that we offer have yet to make this transition. You can verify which shirt is being printed on which blank by checking out the sizing chart at the end of each shirt description in the 'Features' tab.<<<<

Well, great. That was a helpful, customer-centric reply. I certainly missed the forum post on that. If you'd posted that notice under the sizing chart section, I might have realized that. While I'm not part of your core purchasing group, I was an occasional purchaser and a frequent browser. Consider me put off for a while as I have an awesome t-shirt with an awesome design that has officially become a nightie.

I don't know who guys sold out to COUGH COUGH, but I think you've forgotten what made your brand so great -- fantastic deals presented on a site built on simplicity and ease of navigation. Big images, sparse - yet entertaining text.

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ahhh4tuna wrote:If you'd posted that notice under the sizing chart section, I might have realized that.



Your comment is excellent feedback with good points throughout, and if you'd be so awesome as to also contribute your opinion to this massive main woot feedback thread, that'd be great!

But I do have to correct the section I quoted above.

Now, the complaint most people had for the shirt change was that it wasn't stated at the top of the purchase page in a very obvious spot, but instead was placed at the bottom, next to the sizing chart.

Since "under the sizing chart" is what you wanted, I do feel it's only fair to note that there was, indeed, a bright orange box right above the sizing chart section on each and every purchase page stating that suppliers/sizing has changed so please be sure to check the sizing chart. It was up for at least two months after the supplier change on every single shirt's page.

trekmiss


quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

I found an Anvil shirt in my closet today. I was needing something to wear while I do laundry for a trip, so I pulled out a tshirt I have never worn. It's from the Ft. Worth Stockyards. Anyway, it's a M2XL. Not sure if it's the same blank as Woot is using, but it does say made in Honduras. It is definitely not as soft as my AA shirts, and it has an enormous neck hole! The length is shorter than my AA 2XLs that have been washed and worn for years. This doesn't make me very excited about trying Anvil shirts here.

thebowler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebowler

There were way too many comments to wade through, but as a female Wooter, I'm quite disappointed in the switch.

I purchased a shirt without thinking to check the size chart... because why would I after all these years? Thanks for the new pajama/paint-the house shirt. Unfortunately, the new blanks for the women's shirts are very ill-fitting. They don't fit the ladies better, as hoped. They are short and fat. I'm not short and fat, but thanks, Woot, for making me look it. The shirt is very wide and, looking at the measurements, going down a size won't make it fit better. The AA blanks did run small, which is why I had long hoped you get the W2XL AA blank, which would expand the sizing a bit (since going up to a men's size doubles the print size, which I hate).

Well, that's my two cents and I hope that Woot will reconsider the switch, or switch again because the not-made-in-USA Anvil shirts are not a comparable substitution. I will definitely not buy another Woot shirt with these new blanks, because they DO NOT FIT WELL.

Bummed am I.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
goldenthorn wrote:It was up for at least two months after the supplier change on every single shirt's page.

Point of order; As long as there was variation in the blanks on a day to day basis, the notice should have remained. In addition, two months is nowhere near long enough notice considering the vast size differences between manufacturers and the buying cycle of wooters, especially as the change happened in February when relatively few people are buying shirts. I think at least a year with the notice in place is warranted to catch the full buying cycle. (summer, holiday, etc.)

$0.02

move along

dazlindz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dazlindz

Agreed with the above. I'm an occasional wooter (last shirt before my way-too-big Anvil shirt: 1/2012; total shirts: 25) and I completely missed the memo on the supplier change. Why is there NOTHING about the change on the main site, and especially not next to where you choose your size? And while you're still using up your old AA shirts, can't you write whether it's AA or Anvil on the page, instead of making us look at the sizing chart to determine which supplier you're using? It's not intuitive at all for return buyers to look at the sizing chart, when it's been the same for so long.

And while we're at it, I would've appreciated an email from the woot folks telling me that the sizing changed. Preferably in big, bold letters.

Also, woot, please note that this is completely wrong now: The Woot Tee follows a classic closer-fitting style. If you prefer a baggier look, order a larger size. This beanpole won't be ordering from woot anymore. It's been fun.