margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
newnie wrote:And if these seem to piss you off so much, why do you keep coming back to this thread? You argument goes both ways, no? A lot of us still come because sometimes the side sales still sell AA products and we like to participate in voting in the derbies as well, voice our opinions about the side sales, and in general interact with other wooters.

Out of curiosity, why would you vote in the derbies if you don't intend to buy the new, horrible, unwearable, slave-created Anvil shirts?

margiecakes

j5 wrote:FYI, those types of posts are getting purged from the shirt threads.

I've noticed some being purged. I've also noticed that said purging tends to bring up cries of 'Help, Help! I'm being oppressed!"

I think I might go join bacon.com, or whatever, and post in every thread how I'd eat the recipe if it didn't contain pork.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
margiecakes wrote:Out of curiosity, why would you vote in the derbies if you don't intend to buy the new, horrible, unwearable, slave-created Anvil shirts?

Why would people continue to visit a site that they freely call terrible?

If only there was some formula that could explain the mysteries of woot...

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
aerc712 wrote:Why would people continue to visit a site that they freely call terrible?

If only there was some formula that could explain the mysteries of woot...

You're talking about a site in which folks fight over a Bucket of Coral ... which in recent times, might not be even worth the $8.

Folks whining about shirt.woot is the least of concerns, really ...

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:You're talking about a site in which folks fight over a Bucket of Coral ... which in recent times, might not be even worth the $8.

No, no, it's better than that: they threaten to leave woot because they didn't get a Bucket of Coral. They accuse woot of all manner of shady practices and deliberate manipulation of the sales process. They feel entitled to pay woot $8 for a box that is supposed to be filled with nothing of any worth - and then complain when their box contains nothing of any worth because they were expecting a refurb large TV. They complain because they stayed up all night, staring at dead servers while hurling insults at the woot staffers who were staying up all night trying to bribe the hamsters who run the servers into running again, using little pieces of hand-torn lettuce.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah: this is a thread about Anvil. Woot is allowing people to post their opinions about Anvil in the thread about Anvil.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
trekmiss wrote:This will probably irritate you, and I'm sorry if it does. See that little black box by my name? That means I've bought more than 100 woots, most of them have been tshirts. Many others have bought way more than I have. It is something that I have enjoyed since the very first day of shirt.woot. Woot hooked me on tshirts because of the awesome quality of their product. There was hardly a night that passed that I didn't check woot at midnight before I went to bed...even when I lived in South America and woot time was 2am. I have been a supporter and customer for the entire life of shirt.woot.

I have not bought a shirt on Anvil because the feedback so far has been lousy and the size charts say they won't fit me well. There have been several shirts I've passed on because they were not on AA. I think woot needs to hear when they are losing a sale to a long term customer because of their choice to lower the quality of the shirt blanks.

From the very beginning of the shirt blank change, I promised I would buy one set of Anvils in randoms, but that opportunity hasn't presented itself, yet. I will follow through with that promise. However, based on feedback, I don't hold out much hope for the quality and fit of the Anvil shirts.

I travel a lot. I have washed my woot shirts in multiple laundromats across this country, drying them in dryers that run hot and others that seem to never dry. I have a few woot shirts that endured the laundry process in Bolivia that included nearly 3 hours in the dryer. I'm still wearing those shirts, and they are still in great shape. I doubt the Anvils will hold up to the same routine, solely based on the comments and photos saying they shrink and become misshapen in just one wash.

tl;dr version: I don't care if you're tired of reading it...as a long time customer of shirt.woot, I will continue to voice my opinion.

I agree with all of this... to add 2 more cents :

I purchased an "My Morning Sidekick" months ago, my first "on Anvil" purchase and while I love the print, I dislike the Anvil Shirt.

Firstly, it's quite a bit shorter than the AA of the same size... I think it was originally noted to be about 1 inch shorter, and from my measurements, it's about 2 and a half inches shorter.

Secondly, it feels polyestery... ecch....

Sadly it sits at the bottom of my drawer, probably only to be worn on trips to clean out the gutter or paint a room.

I haven't ordered since, even with some of the really awesome reprints that have come down the pipe.

I may try to go up a size on a Random Shirt day, but other than that, I don't think I will purchase until they switch blanks... hopefully soon.

aerc712

Narfcake wrote:

Folks whining about shirt.woot is the least of concerns, really ...

Coming from one of the most vocal folks...but being around from the early days and spending lots of money entitles someone to saying whatever they want, even if it means saying things that bother or even upset other wooters.

Welcome to woot. If you're new and are happy with how things are, be prepared to be told to shut up and keep your happy perspective to yourself by a snippy, snarky, nerd clique.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
aerc712 wrote:Coming from one of the most vocal folks...but being around from the early days and spending lots of money entitles someone to saying whatever they want, even if it means saying things that bother or even upset other wooters.

Welcome to woot. If you're new and are happy with how things are, be prepared to be told to shut up and keep your happy perspective to yourself by a snippy, snarky, nerd clique.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I'm kinda new to woot, and I can totally understand peoples frustration with Anvil shirts. While they haven't personally bothered me yet, I do have to admit that the AA shirts I got from the randoms are seeming to be better quality (the neck is just a bit too snug, as is the rest of the shirt, I prefer a looser shirt...but then I can always order a size up).

I personally think anyone...whether they have spent a lot on shirt.woot or not has a right to complain about something that seems to be of inferior quality to them, especially if it's something they grew to love.

Anyway, I'll just keep lurking and reading everyone's posts here. It actually opened my eyes when I measured and Anvil both pre and post wash for another woot-er! I hadn't realized that is shrank that much! It still fits me though, so I don't really mind.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

//launches into long expository diatribe on the entitlement culture and the ruination it will bring to future society.
//closes with cliche'd reference to lawn evacuation

move along

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle

Can anyone help me here with the sizing. Looks like Iv had a monumental *!@% up that I doubt Im going to be able to get woot to change since "in theory" its my fault for ordering the wrong size. Silly me for reading all those notices as "GUYS, check the sizing chart, things are changing". Whoops, I assumed girls didn't have a problem. I now am the "proud" owner of an unwearable tent.

So, I am 5'4", and about 13 stone 9lbs, (or 191lbs). To all you girls out there who fit almost perfectly in the AA WXL (like I do). What the hell size do I buy now? The new WXL is HUGE. The WL is probably correct in length, but likely still large in the bust, and the WM is probably too short, but right in the bust. Also, I dont know how the hell someone 4 stone overweight should ever be able to contemplate buying a WM. There is something a little fail with the sizing of these shirts if you ask me. I feel really bad for all the skinny women out there. *Many hugs to you all for not having a shirt size to fit you*

I dont want too short a tshirt, because then my stomach pokes out and noone wants to see a wobbly stomach like mine poking from a tshirt. Thats just not attractive. However, the shoulders on the WXL are half way down my upper arm (no joke, seriously...) So Im pretty worried that if I go WL, its gonna have shoulders that are still too large for me.

So yeah. Advice please folks, from those of you who have managed to buy the right size and are a similar size to me?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lilsquiggle wrote:Can anyone help me here with the sizing. Looks like Iv had a monumental *!@% up that I doubt Im going to be able to get woot to change since "in theory" its my fault for ordering the wrong size. Silly me for reading all those notices as "GUYS, check the sizing chart, things are changing". Whoops, I assumed girls didn't have a problem. I now am the "proud" owner of an unwearable tent.

So, I am 5'4", and about 13 stone 9lbs, (or 191lbs). To all you girls out there who fit almost perfectly in the AA WXL (like I do). What the hell size do I buy now? The new WXL is HUGE. The WL is probably correct in length, but likely still large in the bust, and the WM is probably too short, but right in the bust. Also, I dont know how the hell someone 4 stone overweight should ever be able to contemplate buying a WM. There is something a little fail with the sizing of these shirts if you ask me. I feel really bad for all the skinny women out there. *Many hugs to you all for not having a shirt size to fit you*

I dont want too short a tshirt, because then my stomach pokes out and noone wants to see a wobbly stomach like mine poking from a tshirt. Thats just not attractive. However, the shoulders on the WXL are half way down my upper arm (no joke, seriously...) So Im pretty worried that if I go WL, its gonna have shoulders that are still too large for me.

So yeah. Advice please folks, from those of you who have managed to buy the right size and are a similar size to me?

Hello! I'm sorry you've had issues with the new sizing. I've been working on trying to find a replacement for my size as well, since the new ladies' sizing and cut are lumpishly horrible for this AA fan. I totally agree with your assessments.

I've found that the men's sizing isn't too bad. Actually, it's pretty good! The sleeves are a little too long, and of course there's nothing that can be done about the scratchier fabric, but for shirts I absolutely must own? I find that the men's shirts are the closest approximation to the AA women's fit. I get a men's small as substitute for my AA WL, so I would suggest you try a men's medium as a substitute for your AA WXL. In this post, I posted a comparison photo of an AA WL over the Anvil MS. It's pretty darned approximate, except for those sleeves. I assume that the size/cut would thus be similar for an AA WXL to Anvil MM comparison.

lilsquiggle

goldenthorn wrote:Hello! I'm sorry you've had issues with the new sizing. I've been working on trying to find a replacement for my size as well, since the new ladies' sizing and cut are lumpishly horrible for this AA fan. I totally agree with your assessments.

I've found that the men's sizing isn't too bad. Actually, it's pretty good! The sleeves are a little too long, and of course there's nothing that can be done about the scratchier fabric, but for shirts I absolutely must own? I find that the men's shirts are the closest approximation to the AA women's fit. I get a men's small as substitute for my AA WL, so I would suggest you try a men's medium as a substitute for your AA WXL. In this post, I posted a comparison photo of an AA WL over the Anvil MS. It's pretty darned approximate, except for those sleeves. I assume that the size/cut would thus be similar for an AA WXL to Anvil MM comparison.

Thanks for the advice, had a quick look at the photo you linked, looks like the shoulders are larger on the guys tshirt, and I look ridiculous in stuff with large shoulders, just can never get it to sit right sadly. It gets caught on my boobs etc etc. Ho hum. Ill try and chat with the staff, see if I can get a photo of the AA WXL compared to the Anvil WL and the Anvil WM, maybe then I can work out whats best.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lilsquiggle wrote:Thanks for the advice, had a quick look at the photo you linked, looks like the shoulders are larger on the guys tshirt, and I look ridiculous in stuff with large shoulders, just can never get it to sit right sadly. It gets caught on my boobs etc etc. Ho hum. Ill try and chat with the staff, see if I can get a photo of the AA WXL compared to the Anvil WL and the Anvil WM, maybe then I can work out whats best.

Do you mean that you want photos of those comparisons? Because I've got those for you, right here.

lilsquiggle

goldenthorn wrote:Do you mean that you want photos of those comparisons? Because I've got those for you, right here.

Thank you goldenthorn. Looks like the Anvil WM fits you fairly similarly to the AA WXL, so I guess that might be what I have to plump for, if I do decide to risk it. Hopefully it wont be ridiculously short :/ I don't have a drier, so it shouldn't really shrink like other people have mentioned.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lilsquiggle wrote:Thank you goldenthorn. Looks like the Anvil WM fits you fairly similarly to the AA WXL, so I guess that might be what I have to plump for, if I do decide to risk it. Hopefully it wont be ridiculously short :/ I don't have a drier, so it shouldn't really shrink like other people have mentioned.

Just because it's Saturday morning and I'm lazy and I'll do anything to put off what I need to get done today, I threw on the Anvil MS and a AA WL for a quick shoulder comparison. Both have been washed and hang-dried. The Anvil MS actually fits beautifully in the shoulders, almost exactly like the AA WL. The top is the AA WL and the bottom is the Anvil MS.

The Anvil MS is also exactly the same length on me as my AA WL. I very much recommend trying a men's medium as substitute for the AA WXL. The fit of the men's sizing really is the most comparable to the AA women's, if that shape is what one wants to keep. If you go for the Anvil women's medium, expect tenting, or at least a lot more room, around the stomach. There will also be extra-fabric wings at your armpits as compared to the old AA WXL. Unless you do want more fabric there! There are definitely plenty of users who are quite pleased with the new cut! I'm not sure what you're seeing in the photos, but I do have to stress that the Anvil WM really doesn't fit me at all like the AA WXL does. I actually donated that shirt as soon as I washed it after that photo'ed try-on. It was incredibly unflattering with large fabric pockets hanging bell-like down and out from my chest. Whereas the AA WXL was slim-fitting, just slightly larger all around. I'm very please with and will absolutely be sticking to purchasing Anvil MS from now on; I won't even consider the women's sizes as nighshirts, much less something in which to be seen in public.

lilsquiggle

goldenthorn wrote:Just because it's Saturday morning and I'm lazy and I'll do anything to put off what I need to get done today, I threw on the Anvil MS and a AA WL for a quick shoulder comparison. Both have been washed and hang-dried. The Anvil MS actually fits beautifully in the shoulders, almost exactly like the AA WL. The top is the AA WL and the bottom is the Anvil MS.

*PHOTO*

The Anvil MS is also exactly the same length on me as my AA WL. I very much recommend trying a men's medium as substitute for the AA WXL. The fit of the men's sizing really is the most comparable to the AA women's, if that shape is what one wants to keep. If you go for the Anvil women's medium, expect tenting, or at least a lot more room, around the stomach. There will also be extra-fabric wings at your armpits as compared to the old AA WXL. Unless you do want more fabric there! There are definitely plenty of users who are quite pleased with the new cut! I'm not sure what you're seeing in the photos, but I do have to stress that the Anvil WM really doesn't fit me at all like the AA WXL does. I actually donated that shirt as soon as I washed it after that photo'ed try-on. It was incredibly unflattering with large fabric pockets hanging bell-like down and out from my chest. Whereas the AA WXL was slim-fitting, just slightly larger all around. I'm very please with and will absolutely be sticking to purchasing Anvil MS from now on; I won't even consider the women's sizes as nighshirts, much less something in which to be seen in public.

Fair enough, and there in lies proof that photos do not tell all XD I wouldnt be too worried about a bit more space around my stomach, but not sure about under my arms.

Thank you for showing the men's shoulder comparison for me there, that makes me feel a lot less worried about it. Perhaps I will give the MM a shot then, since all the AA fans keep saying go for the Anvil MS/MM if you liked the AA WL/WXL. Decision made, thank you

alexanackifl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexanackifl

Okay, I got my first Anvil shirt today. The quality's not very good. First of all, it's a pretty thin shirt. The design seems to stick to my chest (of course, that might change after washing). There were all these random fuzzies inside of the shirt that were all sorts of colors. I want my AA back!

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke

okay, so i've seen people say that the anvils are thinner than AA, and i've seen people say they are thicker. am i the only one who has gotten both?

the first anvil i got was thicker and less stretchy than an AA. the less stretchy factor causing it to be a bit tighter in the butt region than i would prefer. because of this i tried to avoid the new blanks as much as possible.

then i got a shirt that was supposed to be on AA on an anvil. this one was thinner and stretchier, fits a lot like the threadless shirt i bought since they dropped AA. it looks a little funny on a hanger, like it shrank unevenly or something, but it looks fine on me so i can deal with that.

so with a tad of trepidation, wondering which anvil blank i might get, i bought a third, and it fits like the first one did.

all three shirts are the same size (men's 2x) and all are made in honduras, but they are three different colors, and i wonder if this makes a difference.

honestly, while i prefer AA to either, i'd be willing to buy anvils that i knew would fit like the slate one does. the other two, not so much. i know many places where i can get boxy shirts that are snug in the butt for less than $12-15.

margiecakes

lilsquiggle wrote:

Posts like this remind me of why a lot of the bickering in this thread is sort of crazy, because everyone is built differently, and there is no saying what works for one person will work for another.

I'm 5'10", and just shy of your weight, but AA WXL was never quit 'perfect' for me based on my body type of preferred shirt fit. Maybe it is because I am considered an 'apple' shape, with smaller breasts, a beer belly, a high waist, womanly hips, but small thighs and bum. AA WXL always felt a little snugger around the stomach and shorter than I liked. However, for you -- at a similar weight but much shorter height -- it was perfect. Maybe you're an hourglass, with a longer, lower waist? Who knows.

Bodies aren't the same, and shirts aren't really one-size-fits-all.

That's what makes all the snarking and snipping so silly. They operate under some assumption that just-because we wear the same general size, by non-tailored fit, that we would all have the same experience with shirts across the board.

That being said, I bought a few Anvil WM, a few Anvil WL, and I think, in general, I just like the MM more. I don't mind the 'bell shape' (or 'tent shape' as the less politically correct around her like to throw about, disregarding the hurtful connotation of calling a shirt a 'tent') of the WM/WL in Anvil, but I think it is easier just to order MM for length and also potential trading opportunities.

If I get a chance tomorrow and can find my camera charger, maybe I will try and take a few comparison photos for you. Tent-wearing body be damned. :P

margiecakes

ljwilke wrote:okay, so i've seen people say that the anvils are thinner than AA, and i've seen people say they are thicker. am i the only one who has gotten both?

I've got a number of AA shirts, and a number of Anvil shirts, at this point, so I asked my boyfriend to touch test two unwashed shirts, and two washed shirts of each blank.

He said they were both about as soft, but gave the slightest 'soft' advantage to AA. He then said that the AA shirts were just a hair thinner (to which he also attributed the slightest bit of softness difference). He therefore assumed that meant the thinner shirts were the 'cheaper' of the two. He was amazed that the thinner shirt was considered the preferred shirt.

Again, I guess it all comes down to personal tastes.

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

If this helps anyone at all...

I am 5'6", 130 lbs, long torso/small waist/large hips and bum. Used to wear AA WM. I've chosen to switch to the MS.

It's about the best I can hope for, given my long torso. I don't like the fit quite as much...but for those designs I just omghavetohave, it works. I definitely think twice before purchasing now though, because the new blanks are definitely not as flattering. They bag around the waist pretty badly. Plus, since they're men's shirts and I am much smaller than the average man...the prints are just huge - I'm having to trade away my Star Powered because it just doesn't even look right.

I'm sure if I really sat down and felt each shirt and thought about it, I'd notice some kind of quality difference. But I'm just not picky enough to notice during normal wear. So that's good, at least.

If anybody might be interested in comparison photos between the AA WM and the Anvil MS, I'm happy to provide some tomorrow (when I have an Anvil onhand to display). That's one particular sizing comparison I don't recall seeing posted in here before (I think).

smcannally

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smcannally

First, I still love woot.

But I can't wear these shirts. The neck hole is excessive. I'm a man and no one wants to see random flashes of man nipple. It just looks sloppy.

If you did add an option to pay more for the old AA styles, I'd take it. Until then I'll just have to sit it out.

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
smcannally wrote:But I can't wear these shirts. The neck hole is excessive. ...

... and here's the proof that they are.

Tohruxtan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tohruxtan

I'm so sad! I'd been out of the country for a few months and ordered the Say No to Scurvy shirt - one of my favorites! - when I got back. I completely missed the discussion on switching blanks!

Now I have an oversized women's small.... do you think there will ever be an extra small for the teeny people like me?

I'm $15 in the hole with a shirt that is too long and doesn't fit me at all :\

Shirts I'd trade for (in WS or possibly WM, AA sizing): Playful Foxes, Release the Cuddlin', In Harmony, Epic Battle, WOO! PUMPKINS! Double Rainbow!, Lost Forever (Basically nerdy/cutesy stuff)
Available for trade/sell: In WS: Four Seasons in One Day, Need More Land, They're Watching. In WM: Owl Rock, If I Only Had a Brain, Natural Pride

toefur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toefur

Hmmm I thought my latest w00t shirt felt a little off when I got it, then I checked the tag. I'm not happy. I guess I missed this announcement but the AA shirts were a major selling point for me, I really liked how they felt and fit. Plus I loved the Made in the USA angle.

Sooo, unless it's an absolute Must Have design, I'm done with shirt woot. I won't be buying ones that I just liked anymore.

icemutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemutt

While I might be late to the party, I was very disappointed and haven't really been on the woot site since they changed and came back to check and see if they had changed their mind and were going to at least OFFER AA shirts regularly along with the Anvil shirts. Bummed to see that's not the case.
I understand why they would change, but it makes me sad. I also would have been one to still buy the AA shirts if they just increased the price on those.

I guess now it's time to throw my hands up and find a new place to find my cute us-made shirts.

Personally the AA shirts never made me break out in (literal) hives. I've found a lot of the shirts made in the far east do (edit:not exclusive to far east made shirts, I'm finding more and more break me out). As I'm allergic to most allergy meds too (yeah, I'm a fun one), I just don't risk it anymore.
I see that there's at least one or two other people with the same health concern.

amberrosie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberrosie

I wanted to chime in with my more positive experience. This is my first experience buying the Anvil tee and I originally ordered an XL since that's how I have to buy most "girly" style tees. I'm 5'8" with D cups, wide hips with a little bit of pudge in the middle.

To my surprise, the XL was too big on me! I e-mailed Woot and they were kind enough to send me a medium. I was nervous it would be too small, but it actually fits really great and is my new favorite tee. I even got compliments from friends on the fit.

I haven't washed it yet, but if length is all we lose then I'm not too worried. I tend to like to layer anyway and wear a cami underneath the shirt to make up for length.

I feel like this is one of those situations where everyone who is upset about these tees is coming to the forums to complain, but people who are happy have no reason to come and post about it. Not that people who are complaining aren't doing so for valid reasons. I'm just sure there are also plenty of happy customers out there who aren't saying anything.

It's nice to wear a medium women's tee for once instead of being forced to buy an XL.

aerc712

amberrosie wrote:I wanted to chime in with my more positive experience. This is my first experience buying the Anvil tee and I originally ordered an XL since that's how I have to buy most "girly" style tees. I'm 5'8" with D cups, wide hips with a little bit of pudge in the middle.

I feel like this is one of those situations where everyone who is upset about these tees is coming to the forums to complain, but people who are happy have no reason to come and post about it. Not that people who are complaining aren't doing so for valid reasons. I'm just sure there are also plenty of happy customers out there who aren't saying anything.

We have some similarities in size/shape (though you're taller, lucky!) and after studying the sizing chart and trying Anvil, I was one of the women who was happy with the change. The AA WXL just didn't work on me (particularly in the chest area, oof) and now the Anvil ones are great.

As for the observation about who is posting what on this situation - a few folks here have spoken up saying positive things about Anvil, but they're quickly drowned out and criticized by those who are unhappy. I get it, the shirts changed, but folks don't need to go around ruining other people's positive experience. Some wooters consider the change to be a good one. The loud majority though, slams Anvil at every chance and despite the requests to do so, insist on using hurtful language to describe the size of the shirts and the folks who wear them. That is what bothers me the most about this - some people here think it is totally acceptable to throw around words that can easily hurt and offend someone. When that's mentioned, it's the hurt party who is in the wrong, not the one calling those who like the Anvil shirts cows who have to wear tents as shirts. Sadly, even the official woot folks have pretty much given up on intervening, minus deleting a few posts after the damage is done.

Kobei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kobei

Please switch back to American Apparel shirts. I'm okay with paying more for the same quality as before. The new shirts are horrible.

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee

Just got my first Anvil shirt, WS. It was indeed noticeably shorter than the WL shirts I got on AA. I'm just trying it on and the arms are tight and I expect if I ever throw it in the dryer it will be unwearable, but that's a problem you run into with everything cotton. I agree, the fabric is not as soft, but I do not expect it to be a big deal. I doubt I'll purchase another shirt on Anvil though because sizing up would be too baggy.

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix

Wow, I hadn't seen a Woot shirt in a long time worth buying, then a few weeks ago a bunch of shirts came up that were great (4 total). Now they've all arrived, and I'm finally confronted with just how unbelievably awfully the new women's shirts fit. I mistook them for the unisex/mens sizes. I can't believe how bad these are. I was really excited about the new shirts, now, this is really depressing. Good bye Shirt.Woot.

-Saven

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

I received 2 Anvil MXL's in my random shirts. Now I know for sure that the neck hole is way too huge, and the sleeves go below my elbows. I will say that the shirts were softer than I expected, but not as soft as AA, and feel much cheaper than AA. I believe this confirms my Woot shirt buying days are over, although I still may try Anvil WXL in the next randoms. I'm just not sure I want to pay $12 for crappy quality shirts (and crappy quality printing that seems to be the norm these days.)

bronwynd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bronwynd

So, I've been a big fan of Woot T's. I've been consistently buying them in at least 4 sizes - kids 6, womens small (for my daughter), and ladies and mens shirts for myself and my husband. We loved them.

my husband's shirts have been relatively unaffected by the change.

My 4 year old son's shirts, the size 6, is now HORRIFIC. The neck is misshapen, it's way too short, it's basically a square with mis-placed arms, and even freshly washed, it looks like he's been homeless for years.

my daughter looks like she's wearing either a bag or a lumpy, weird homemade emergency poncho made out of leftover sheets.

I, however, simply look like a charity case. For me, wearing the mens sizes is *more flattering*.

However. Given that i have now, effectively, trained my progeny that Woot shirts come in sets of three or four, *I CANNOT ORDER THEM ANYMORE*. I cannot endure the tears when a mens shirt shows up with no "me too" shirts in the bag.

I am sad.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
aerc712 wrote:As for the observation about who is posting what on this situation - a few folks here have spoken up saying positive things about Anvil, but they're quickly drowned out and criticized by those who are unhappy. I get it, the shirts changed, but folks don't need to go around ruining other people's positive experience. Some wooters consider the change to be a good one. [...]

"Criticized" just isn't true. People who aren't happy with Anvil aren't attacking people who like Anvil; Anvil-haters are hating on Anvil, and possibly Woot. People who say positive things are "drowned out" simply because:

The loud majority though, slams Anvil at every chance [...]

The minority are happy; The majority are unhappy with the change. It's simply because there are more unhappy people than there are happy people (although there's bound to be more happy people who don't post). Either way, I think people get to say what they think about the new blanks. There's still people finding out about the change months after it happened and coming here to post that they don't like it.

[...] and despite the requests to do so, insist on using hurtful language to describe the size of the shirts and the folks who wear them. That is what bothers me the most about this - some people here think it is totally acceptable to throw around words that can easily hurt and offend someone. When that's mentioned, it's the hurt party who is in the wrong, not the one calling those who like the Anvil shirts cows who have to wear tents as shirts. Sadly, even the official woot folks have pretty much given up on intervening, minus deleting a few posts after the damage is done.

For many people who were happy with AA's women's sizes, Anvil sizes probably do look like tents - on them. It doesn't mean they look like tents on everyone; It doesn't mean you should take it personally. (For example, M3XL would be gigantic, baggy, and look like utter crap on my body. That doesn't mean it's going to look gigantic, or baggy, or look like utter crap on somebody else. But how else am I going to describe it? Saying only that "it doesn't fit" wouldn't do justice to how terribly it fits.)

And what do you expect Woot staff to do? Monitor every post before they're posted? If they did that, there would be a huge delay on posts showing up - and they'd probably need more moderators to spread the workload.

radleydp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radleydp

I haven't bought many woot shirts this year, I guess the designs haven't really grabbed me as much as last year, so I missed this whole switchover.

Until the last random when I got 2 non-AA shirts. Once people in teetrade started asking if they were AA orAnvil, I had to look into it.

Now having read this, I'm out. Not going to spend another dime on a company that decided to move away from American shirts.

Hope it was worth it, adios.

butter17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butter17

The biggest problem I see with the switch, other than that most people are unhappy and there seems to be no effort to offer alternatives for customers who prefer the AA shirts, is that Woot STILL has the sizing note up that says the shirts tend to run small. I haven't seen anyone say that their Anvil shirt ran small. I'm pretty new to Woot and I ordered three shirts all at once when I first found it. I wear a WXL in most women's cut shirts, so when I saw the note that "The Woot Tee follows a classic closer-fitting style. If you prefer a baggier look, order a larger size. If there is not a larger size, consider starting a belly-hanging-out trend", I was worried that I wouldn't fit an XL. Turns out I need a WL with the Anvils.

I know I should have clicked on the actual sizing chart and measured my existing shirts, but who really does that? I know I need a WXL, and the site is telling me they run small, so I ordered a WXL! Now I have three shirts that I can't wear and am trying to trade, but I have found out that I can wear the WL and it looks pretty ok on me.

Please Woot, if you won't switch the shirts back, at least take off the note that tells people to order a size up! That way, those of us that are new and clueless when we make our first order can at least not waste our money.

emminova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emminova

I have to say I am upset about this. I didn't really see anything about a change until I saw this blog a few months too late. The sizing charts still all seem the same. So, I ordered a shirt in my usual women's medium and when it arrived I was swimming in it. So, when I saw another shirt I wanted, I thought I'd just try a small. It's still too big, and I don't feel that it really has a women's shape to it like the previous shirts. The sleeves are way too long and it's more boxy. I guess I could try a kids large, but again, I'd like to somewhat resemble a woman. I'm really disappointed because I love the designs! But, unless there's another change, I guess this is the end of my shirt.woot days.

katz640

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katz640

My first WS Anvil shirt arrived today and it fits me as well as a potato sack. It seems that the collar is already stretched out too and I only tried it on to see how well it fits. Which is disappointing because I really love the design...

rhonk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhonk

Anvil is good. AA is better. Hope this isn't because Amazon is breathing down your necks about margin

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

Help! My girlfriend fits perfectly on a AA women's medium, what size would I need to get her on Anvil to match the AA Women's Medium closely? I've since stopped buying mine since Anvil but I'd still love to get her some cute designs.

I've seen different reactions to some and no consensus, any clear answer would help. thank you!