neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
rom wrote:Help! My girlfriend fits perfectly on a AA women's medium, what size would I need to get her on Anvil to match the AA Women's Medium closely

Basically, there isn't one. I wore an AA WM and the Anvil WS is much too large for me, as is the MS. The K12 is too short.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom
neuropsychosocial wrote:Basically, there isn't one. I wore an AA WM and the Anvil WS is much too large for me, as is the MS. The K12 is too short.

sad

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
rom wrote:sad

Depends on body type/shape - I wore an AA WM, and Anvil MS works pretty dang well for me.

marleenandlouie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marleenandlouie

I'm fed up. I ordered two of the same shirt. One womens size XL and one mans size XL. Both are EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE-- I measured. I checked the size chart and guess what? The measurements of the shirts I received come out in the chart to a mans L and for a women between a L and XL. This is ridiculous. Talk about skimpy cut! I'm done--I'm never buying a Woot shirt again, even with the great designs.

marleen davis

toefur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toefur

Yep. Friend of mine who hasn't bought a woot shirt in a while just ordered one. She got it today and the first words she texted me. "Woot quality has gone down". I hadn't even complained about the new shirts to her. Glad to know that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

marleenandlouie wrote:I'm fed up. I ordered two of the same shirt. One womens size XL and one mans size XL. Both are EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE-- I measured. I checked the size chart and guess what? The measurements of the shirts I received come out in the chart to a mans L and for a women between a L and XL. This is ridiculous. Talk about skimpy cut! I'm done--I'm never buying a Woot shirt again, even with the great designs.

Sorry for the problems.

The two XLs are very similar in size but you should see a difference in that the women's is flared more along the sides.

If you think you got a missized shirt, send the information (measurements, pics if possible) to service@woot.com so they can help out.

Also, just as a double check as well:

Dark blue on the top tag around the ! logo = men's.
Light blue on the top tag around the ! logo = women's.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
vielleicht wrote:Depends on body type/shape - I wore an AA WM, and Anvil MS works pretty dang well for me.

I think it's a matter of how you like shirts to fit. A MS (AA or Anvil) should fit someone who wore AA WM fine as a t-shirt but it won't be nice and fitted. It might look too big if you're on the smaller side or don't quite fill out the chest of a AA WM.

supremepenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supremepenguin

So I just recently bought my first woot! shirts(Swept Away and Star Fishing) in over a year and I've got to say, I'm pretty disappointed. Hadn't heard about the change, but I could feel it as soon as I put one on. Itchiest shirts I've ever owned. I can't even keep one on for 5 minutes, it bothers me that badly. Not only that but it shrunk so much after the first wash! Way worse than any AA woot! shirt I've previously purchased. They're too small for me to even wear now which is a total bummer because I was really excited for some new shirts. Add on to that, they're not even available any more.
sad day

joevsyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joevsyou

well back to walmart t-shirts... Woot you just disappointed alot of people. U.S.A made was nice selling point and i was happy pay little more for it. i just go shop walmart now they sell theirs 7 bucks

colormekiwi7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colormekiwi7

I got blind sided by the new shirts and actually emailed woot thinking they sent me the wrong size. I am a faithful woot shirt fan and live for random shirt days, but this just plain out sucks.

I am a women's small in the woot shirt sizes, and I'm a 5'0'' very petite girl. So when I finally found a shirt that didn't completely eliminate my body with tons of extra fabric and fit me like a glove, I was so happy. Because this meant I found a place where I could buy great shirts in my size. But the new shirt is basically a size larger, even in the women's small.

I put an old women's small woot shirt on top of the new size and it is 2 inches wider and at least an inch longer. So, on my frame, it makes me look like a child instead of a petite 22 year old woman.

So, I will be honest, I'm very upset and don't know if I can buy woot shirts anymore (despite the desire to), simply because as long as they stay with this new vendor, the shirts I buy won't fit me anymore.

I'm sure there were money reasons involved in the switch or that it was better business sense, but let me know when you get your old vendor back OR start making a women's XS so that I can buy here again.

bfoltz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfoltz

I just had the same thing happen to me I ordered 2 shirts in the same size as always (WM) and thought they sent me the wrong size. I am drowning in the new WM. The old ones fit so perfectly. This sucks. But I guess I will save money now that I can't fit into Woot shirts anymore...

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista
JenDupre wrote:Well there we go. I don't know. The made in USA was the biggest selling point.

im really disappointed about the shirts not being made in the USA anymore. and every time i mention this in the woot shirt my post some how disappears...wonder how long this will last...sad woot girl here

captchrista

colormekiwi7 wrote:I got blind sided by the new shirts and actually emailed woot thinking they sent me the wrong size. I am a faithful woot shirt fan and live for random shirt days, but this just plain out sucks.

I am a women's small in the woot shirt sizes, and I'm a 5'0'' very petite girl. So when I finally found a shirt that didn't completely eliminate my body with tons of extra fabric and fit me like a glove, I was so happy. Because this meant I found a place where I could buy great shirts in my size. But the new shirt is basically a size larger, even in the women's small.

I put an old women's small woot shirt on top of the new size and it is 2 inches wider and at least an inch longer. So, on my frame, it makes me look like a child instead of a petite 22 year old woman.

So, I will be honest, I'm very upset and don't know if I can buy woot shirts anymore (despite the desire to), simply because as long as they stay with this new vendor, the shirts I buy won't fit me anymore.

I'm sure there were money reasons involved in the switch or that it was better business sense, but let me know when you get your old vendor back OR start making a women's XS so that I can buy here again.

ditto..but the shirt was for my aunt and by the time woot got around to answering my email and saying o you should have just known they shirt was not even availble she is a very tiny woman not a little girl so no i she does not want a childs shirt...not real happy with the change...o well ..

captchrista

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems.

The two XLs are very similar in size but you should see a difference in that the women's is flared more along the sides.

If you think you got a missized shirt, send the information (measurements, pics if possible) to service@woot.com so they can help out.

Also, just as a double check as well:

Dark blue on the top tag around the ! logo = men's.
Light blue on the top tag around the ! logo = women's.

they were not helpful at all for me thunder and so slow answering..that the shirt i ordered for my petite aunt is not longer available ...ordered the 12th received the 18th, woot emailed me back 3 days later right after the shirt was reckoned so i could not even buy another one in the new sizing..

captchrista

marleenandlouie wrote:I'm fed up. I ordered two of the same shirt. One womens size XL and one mans size XL. Both are EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE-- I measured. I checked the size chart and guess what? The measurements of the shirts I received come out in the chart to a mans L and for a women between a L and XL. This is ridiculous. Talk about skimpy cut! I'm done--I'm never buying a Woot shirt again, even with the great designs.

hey if you check some of the artist have their own sites and have their shirts made on other sites and for them...buy american

Primordial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Primordial

So, 5 months later and I still have not purchased one thing from woot. Since you abondoned American workers, and lied about it just a couple months earlier when you raised your prices, I have held firm and not purchased anything from the woot universe. I have also been telling anyone I turned on to woot about the other shirt sites. In short, you SUCK!!!!!!!! Even your customers telling you that the womens shirt sizing is TERRIBLE has not convinced you to change back...so much for caring about your customers.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom
captchrista wrote:im really disappointed about the shirts not being made in the USA anymore. and every time i mention this in the woot shirt my post some how disappears...wonder how long this will last...sad woot girl here

I'm not even American and not even in the USA but I own and like every American Apparel I have.

If they can't have it Made in USA, well..please at least make it fit right.

roberttravis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roberttravis

To add my name to the list...

I've been buying shirts for a while. I don't have quite the extensive collection that many others do, but i probably have bought around 30 shirts. I bought a Shhhhhhhhh! months ago and it was on an AA blank. The shirt got a little bleach on it so i reordered it a few weeks later. This one came on Anvil. I don't have such a problem with the feel of the material, but the fit is just not right. The neck feels like it is at least an extra inch in diameter and feels like it's been stretched out. I hate the fit so much that I will not and have not bought another shirt.

Please. Please. Please. AA.

I refuse to pay more for less.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Just a reminder to please focus your comments on the shirts, the shirt maker, shirt.woot, or my dog for barfing on the carpet again.

Do not make comments of a personal nature or pointed comments towards other posters.

Thank you!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ThunderThighs wrote:Just a reminder to please focus your comments on the shirts, the shirt maker, shirt.woot, or my dog for barfing on the carpet again.

Do not make comments of a personal nature or pointed comments towards other posters.

Thank you!

I can't believe that your dog barfed all over the carpet again. It's so inane for that canine to do such a thing, with no regard for it being your carpet, put down for you to walk on and enjoy. I can't imagine that the creature's willingness to barf all over that particular piece of carpet was really necessary, with a whole houseful of carpeting available to be barfed upon without bothering you in the least!

hughdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hughdog

3/8" inches shorter my ass. My ass is what's showing because of the 3" difference between the 2X size from previous shirts and the 2X size from this shirt. It's terrible. I'm not a 2X guy.

I'm 6'4" and 210, average, according to my Nintendo Wii. I've had to order 2X for the length. Now even they're not long enough, and they still look dopey-big on my shoulders. I guess I can't buy anymore shirts from you guys. That sucks, too, because I love your shirts. I'm not getting any shorter, though. Let me know when or if you change again. Thanks.

nhes90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhes90

Why is my replacement Fleshwound shirt from Nicaragua?

Unimpressed.

arixol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arixol

Hey woot!, you might want to listen to your customers. No one wants dopey, poor fitting t-shirts. Bring back American Apparel.

Until then, I'm done with shirt woot. It was good while it lasted.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I see woot! turning into an online Walmart. They started as a small operation that cared about the customer, but now they have woot!, home!, sport!, kids!, shirt!, wine!, sellout!, etc. They are growing too large to care whether the customer is happy, thus the switch to a cheaper shirt to save money despite what the community says.

justsaynarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justsaynarf
nhes90 wrote:Why is my replacement Fleshwound shirt from Nicaragua?

Unimpressed.

I find the made-in-Nicaragua shirts have a smaller neck than the made-in-Honduras shirts, which are too wide. My bigger gripe is how much they shrink. It's really bad - after washing, they're 3" shorter than the older made-in-the-USA shirts. My size Extra Large shirts measure out to a Small in length now.

One is a genius, the other's insane.

sashamay23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sashamay23

Well.. The shirts have been out for awhile now and my fiancé has the biggest complaint... The neckline is wider and he hates it! The 2xL is definitely a lot bigger than the old one so next time we need to try the XL and hope it fits ok but the neckline is huge.. And he won't wear shirts at all w such wide necklines most if his shirts were Woot shirts so this is sad
I don't like the feel of the new ones nearly as much, not nearly soft enough. I'm a womens medium now so that's okay, and the lrg I accidentally ordered out of habit works when I'm all bloaty like lol
I'll miss the old ones. I just hope the XL has a smaller neckline so my fiancé will be able to wear it... Hope it's not all super loose like the one he just got.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
sashamay23 wrote:Well.. The shirts have been out for awhile now and my fiancé has the biggest complaint... The neckline is wider and he hates it! The 2xL is definitely a lot bigger than the old one so next time we need to try the XL and hope it fits ok but the neckline is huge.. And he won't wear shirts at all w such wide necklines most if his shirts were Woot shirts so this is sad
I don't like the feel of the new ones nearly as much, not nearly soft enough. I'm a womens medium now so that's okay, and the lrg I accidentally ordered out of habit works when I'm all bloaty like lol
I'll miss the old ones. I just hope the XL has a smaller neckline so my fiancé will be able to wear it... Hope it's not all super loose like the one he just got.

The MXL neckline is about the same size as the AA 3XL. It's huge still, and the length is so short, and loses 3+ inches even when you are careful with your laundering.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

woot! did you know that "crack" kills?

I order the 2x for my 6'+ son as he needs the length and he looks absolutely ridiculous in a 3x. I have ordered a couple of the new Anvil shirts and even when he is standing straight we see underwear. Heaven forbid the boy bends over - as I keep telling him "crack kills"

Please bring back the AA, they fit so much better.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

jaymz668

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaymz668

so when do 4x shirts come around?

Otherwise I won't be buying any.

voodoowing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages voodoowing

So I just received my new random Woot! shirts that I buy regularly. The first wash took the entire bottom hem out of my kid's shirt. I know Woot! says they wouldn't use another brand if it wasn't comparable or equal to the quality of the old shirts, but I don't see it. This never happened when Woot!used their old shirt supplier. Just my two cents.

bamgooly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamgooly
kittybongo wrote:Unfortunately this means I won't be purchasing any more Woot shirts once the switch goes into effect. It is very important to me that the shirts be made in the USA. I'd probably even pay $15 for the daily shirts and $20 for reckoning shirts if they remained AA. I was fine with the price hike because the shirts were made in the USA. I won't support outsourcing.

I guess I'll just have to cherish the Woot shirts I have and reminisce about the good old' days.

Well said. Good bye woot!

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
ProfHotpants wrote:The chest fit is identical to our current Men's blanks, and the length change is less than 1/2 inch. These blanks actually shrink less than our previous ones.

I went back and was reading the first page of this thread and found this. How can you say that the Anvil shirts shrink less than AA? Do you ever wash yours? After 2 washes, my Anvil MXL is 3 inches shorter than my oldest AA MXL that has been washed countless times.

iankrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iankrest

I knew nothing about this change in shirt quality until my newest purchase arrived in the mail today. The first thing I notice was the poor quality of the material and how it did not fit right. I wish I had seen this thread beforehand so I could have avoided wasting my money, but at least I won't make the same mistake twice. Fool me once....

www08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages www08

I got a Mens M and Womens L. The WL is huge and looks like a warped MM. It was only because the picture is smaller that I figured out it wasn't a men's shirt. very disappointed that the quality is no longer what it used to be.

rbolkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbolkey

Just have to add my name as well. The shirts just aren't worth buying anymore since the change from AA. The shirts feel cheap, and the sizing is all wrong now.

khennig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khennig

AA shirts are great and I would pay more for one. I bet if you gave customers a choice, pay $X for an Anvil shirt or $(X +1.50) for an AA shirt, they'd almost all buy the AA shirt.

luigi777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luigi777

Ever since the company change, I've been pretty dissapointed with the new shirts. As a guy, I don't have quite a big of issues with the sizes not fitting (my twin sister can't buy here anymore because the sizes simply don't fit at all) - but in general the material is just not as good and the medium is kinda big on me (Well, nevermind, size is kinda bad). This website has great designs, but until the shirts go back to AA or the quality somehow magically goes back up, I'll buy only the very best designs... maybe.
I'm surprised Woot hasn't at least said anything about why they've let the quality so drastically drop (as many of your users can attest to)...

phatcapper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phatcapper

Worst move woot shirts has ever made. I have bought roughly 20-25 shirts from them before changing suppliers and was happy with the shirts. But latest shirts are crap. I have asked and received a refund for 2 shirts I recently purchased and I will not be buying anymore shirts. The fit is horrible, the neck line ridiculously large, and the material does feel thinner. Never again will I buy a shirt from them until they return to their previous supplier.

Drexler23

hawaiijeno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hawaiijeno

I'm obviously in the minority but I like the Anvil shirts better than AA. I've never been able to get sizing right in AA regardless of where I buy them from, but as a busty gal I like the Anvils. I fit well in a WXL for a loose fit and WL for a closer, semi babydoll style fit across the chest. I also like the necklines and the thinner fabric. I know that I'm well in the minority here, but felt like Woot should know that not everyone hates the new shirt blanks. I agree that if we could choose Anvil or AA, that would make the customers happiest but would probably be a nightmare for Woot in production and lead to lots of returns due to item received printed on the wrong style blank. Would people have a bit of understanding about probably having a longer wait time for delivery and an increased chance of having to return a shirt if there was a blank option offered?

iankrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iankrest
iankrest wrote:I knew nothing about this change in shirt quality until my newest purchase arrived in the mail today. The first thing I notice was the poor quality of the material and how it did not fit right. I wish I had seen this thread beforehand so I could have avoided wasting my money, but at least I won't make the same mistake twice. Fool me once....

And I love how when I complained about the poor quality of the new shirts, their response was to totally disregard my concern and state, "The most noticeable changes in the shirts is actually in the women's sizing." Woot seems committed to ignoring the problem and touting the company line that all is well with the shirts contrary to public opinion here.

nhes90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhes90

I dont get the angry comments really. Sure, I notice a different from AA to Anvil.. but its nothing huge. After a while I got over the whole outsourcing thing. But as far as the actual quality, its not bad.

I often have to check to see which shirt Im wearing.