morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl

Every time I see a shirt that I like and cannot buy, I'm going to start emailing customer service. I think it's obvious that no one on the Woot staff is paying attention to the forum anymore and the problems that everyone is having with the new shirts...either that or they just don't give a poo. We haven't seen a single post from the Woot staff offering any sort of resolution, despite the amount of business that they're losing. (Or perhaps, with the lowered cost of blanks, we're not going to make enough of an impact for it to hit their bottom line.) Furthermore, I find it incredibly sad that there are artists that can't even buy their own shirts if they get printed.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I see shirt.woot as a t-shirt retailer not a clothing store. As in, I expect to receive a cotton rectangular shaped shirt with short sleeves. It's nice if they offer other products (hoodies, v-necks, etc..) or fitted products that flatter curvier figures, but I don't expect that.

The old AA women's t-shirts were just t-shirts, not fitted shirts. But at least that meant that anyone with a chest measurement between 31" and 56" could find a shirt that fit them. It might not flatter curves, but it's a t-shirt, what do you expect?

agingdragqueen wrote: have you tried a kid's size? They wouldn't work for tall n' thin, but they certainly aren't a bad alternative if you're still wanting to purchase a shirt here.

Unfortunately ADQ, Anvil's kid's shirts really are a bad alternative. If you used to wear a WS, the only shirt close in chest width is the K6. The K6 is almost 5 inches shorter! I don't think anyone over 5 feet tall could wear a K6 (unwashed) without showing midriff.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Narfcake wrote:Doing some more research, I think that the ladies sizes were incidental in all this, as there were other factors going on with what they ended up with.

Okay, fine >.<. They still totally made it sound like they did it on purpose. *pouts defensively*

It's still just the lack of helpful response that is bugging me and the other ladies. I don't expect them to suddenly fix it, but someone could at least say: "Yes, we see that the shirts are weirdly-shaped and won't fit many people. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it right now."
(Though I swear if someone replies with that exact statement I'll have a fit :P)

Instead, there's what looks to me like denial of any problem when it is obvious that there are definite issues with the new sizes. Like many have pointed out, it's not just small ladies that are having concerns. I feel as though people who used to be happy with the larger sizes (at least satisfied enough to buy) won't want to buy these shirts either. Isn't that excluding more customers than when we had the AA sizes? I don't know... I'm just going to wait and see if we get a response as I feel like I'm repeating what others have said.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
ochopika wrote:Okay, fine >.<. They still totally made it sound like they did it on purpose. *pouts defensively*

It's still just the lack of helpful response that is bugging me and the other ladies. I don't expect them to suddenly fix it, but someone could at least say: "Yes, we see that the shirts are weirdly-shaped and won't fit many people. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it right now."
(Though I swear if someone replies with that exact statement I'll have a fit :P)

Well, what I said is speculation anyways, so you may be right too.

BTW, the lack of responses bugs us guys too. Or at least the resident shirt nerds. FWIW, this isn't the only site facing a shirt change ... the Alstyle 1701 blanks that TeeFury uses aren't ringspun by default anymore; what's going to change there, I don't know.

Instead, there's what looks to me like denial of any problem when it is obvious that there are definite issues with the new sizes. Like many have pointed out, it's not just small ladies that are having concerns. I feel as though people who used to be happy with the larger sizes (at least satisfied enough to buy) won't want to buy these shirts either. Isn't that excluding more customers than when we had the AA sizes? I don't know... I'm just going to wait and see if we get a response as I feel like I'm repeating what others have said.

Most everything being said nowadays is repeating what has been said. It's feeling like the "if we ignore you, will you go away?" mentality.

snowangel12001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowangel12001

I'm so confused, when I look on the shirt.woot sale for today, it looks like it still has the old size chart. Should I go by the chart in this post, or by the size chart that appears when you click on it on the sale page?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
snowangel12001 wrote:I'm so confused, when I look on the shirt.woot sale for today, it looks like it still has the old size chart. Should I go by the chart in this post, or by the size chart that appears when you click on it on the sale page?

The latter.

move along

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

just out of curiousity (i've read all the posts in this thread at one time or another, but can't remember if i've seen this before), have any of the women who used to have to wear a men's shirt but now wear a women's actually gotten an anvil shirt yet? if so, i would be interested to see how those are fitting. not for me, necessarily, because i wore either a men's medium or a wxl in aa, and still seem to have size options (sorry, not trying to be all nyah, nyah to those of you having issues).

i'm curious because it would almost seem that woot is upsetting its entire female demographic. there are no small ADULT shirts for the tiny women, and the larger women's shirts have that crazy bell-hip thing going on. i have hips, but the proportion between my waist and hips doesn't come close to the width difference of the new blanks. i haven't ordered an anvil shirt yet, so i don't know how they'll fit me.

sorry to continue on, but i would love it if any women that used to buy men's sizes because that was their only option could comment on their new anvil shirts. all the woot staffers seem to like them, but we're lacking in any photographic evidence (unless i missed a past post - if i did, sorry in advance) that they fit anyone better than the aa blanks did.

morgankohl

spacegirlag wrote:

sorry to continue on, but i would love it if any women that used to buy men's sizes because that was their only option could comment on their new anvil shirts. all the woot staffers seem to like them, but we're lacking in any photographic evidence (unless i missed a past post - if i did, sorry in advance) that they fit anyone better than the aa blanks did.

You didn't miss any posts. We have yet to see one that looks well on someone. And, as far as Woot staffers liking them goes, I think that means a total of TWO people. I would also like to see a picture of someone that can pull one of these suckers off. It won't make it small enough for me to wear, but it would bring me some strange sense of satisfaction.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
morgankohl wrote:Every time I see a shirt that I like and cannot buy, I'm going to start emailing customer service. I think it's obvious that no one on the Woot staff is paying attention to the forum anymore and the problems that everyone is having with the new shirts...either that or they just don't give a poo. We haven't seen a single post from the Woot staff offering any sort of resolution, despite the amount of business that they're losing. (Or perhaps, with the lowered cost of blanks, we're not going to make enough of an impact for it to hit their bottom line.) Furthermore, I find it incredibly sad that there are artists that can't even buy their own shirts if they get printed.

emailing won't do any good. I emailed basically the same thing last thursday and all i got was the automated response.

Also, for those who keep requesting women's small, I'd actually prefer men's small. I bought this shirt in men's XS (and a few other threadless shirts while they offered that size) and they are by far my favorite fitting shirts. And just for reference, I always bought WM here at woot. there's already been 1 shirt I've missed out on and I'm sure there will be more.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
ochopika wrote:Instead, there's what looks to me like denial of any problem when it is obvious that there are definite issues with the new sizes. Like many have pointed out, it's not just small ladies that are having concerns. I feel as though people who used to be happy with the larger sizes (at least satisfied enough to buy) won't want to buy these shirts either. Isn't that excluding more customers than when we had the AA sizes?

This, I absolutely agree with. It definitely seems like the new women's shirts are more problematic, for more people, than the old ones. And unfortunately, while I think the woot staffers in this thread are trying to keep up with the posts and at least appear responsive, it seems like they either can't or don't want to say anything about the new blanks that's not relentlessly positive. It's just not possible to adequately respond to people's complaints about the new shirts if you can't or won't admit that those complaints might actually be valid.

Also, ocho, I apologize if my earlier post seemed to be brushing off your concerns - that wasn't my intent at all. I was trying to sort of spin out the ways that people's feelings, rather than rational reactions to what they were actually reading, might be prompting their responses in this thread. I definitely agree that "Just try the kids' sizes!" was not a helpful response to the valid concerns expressed by you, Boots, and other petite ladies in this thread, and I can see why it frustrated you. :-\

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

morgankohl

Leahbh wrote:emailing won't do any good. I emailed basically the same thing last thursday and all i got was the automated response.

Way to kill my hopes and dreams. :P

myopicpsyche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myopicpsyche
morgankohl wrote:Way to kill my hopes and dreams. :P

do it anyway. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

thumperchick

quality posts: 237 Private Messages thumperchick
spacegirlag wrote:have any of the women who used to have to wear a men's shirt but now wear a women's actually gotten an anvil shirt yet?

Yep - I am the target demographic. I used to wear an AA ML (a WXL was painted on and oh so sad on me) and got a decent form fit out of it. I was one of the "tester" group.

My unwashed review here. Where I thought this would be okay...

And post wash review here. When things went wonky.

I have my issues with them. I severely dislike the cut of the new shirts. The sleeves are too long, the shoulders "batwing," the hip-tent is too large for me (and I have HIPS), and due to the cut, the shirt likes to ride up my back-fat (no pictures, please) and won't stay where it's supposed to.

So yes, I can buy a women's size that "fits" my "curves" but that doesn't mean it looks good. And the sleeves on the new ML are longer and I don't like them. Add that in with not made in the USA, and I'm out. I'll have to live with the few dozen shirts I already have.

The answer of asking the svelte ladies to buy kids shirts (that are too short) is more insulting than asking the tall/larger women to buy a men's shirt. I would've been more than happy to try an AA W2XL. It wasn't about the size on the tag, but about the fit of the shirt on a female form. Even those with a less curvy body enjoy a feminine cut. No one should have to wear a box or bell-tent. Especially not when other options exist.

Coelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coelli

I was referred to this thread by woot's CS - I hadn't read it before and was clueless about the change. I have a shirt.woot.com bookmark on the home screen of my phone and check it every day before I'm even out of bed; it's a habit left over from living on the east coast where because of the time difference, sometimes the good shirts would sell out before I was even awake! So anyway, out of the 90 or so shirts I've bought since 6/08 (I just counted! :D) most of them were purchased quickly by phone - on autopilot. And I guess I missed the part where they said the sizing was changing.

Last night I received 2 "WET||SLIPPERY WHEN" shirts, a M for my son and a WXL for me. I was so bummed out that they had sent me a men's XL and emailed them. They emailed back and said that if it had a baby blue label, it *is* a WXL. Oh no! This thing is HUGE on me! And not just huge - it's also hugely unflattering! The AA WXL's are tight on me but fit okay after some weight loss - when I was heavier I'd started buying MM and was happy to be able to wear some of my old WXLs again. I even cut down the neckline on a woot MM the other day to make it look reasonable on me.

I guess I'll try a WM? I'm worried though about the fit - although I'm 5'2" I'm really only short in the legs. I have a long torso and largish bust and the AA WXLs are a bit too short for my taste after 3 kids and lots of weight gain/loss.

I asked if woot can exchange it... I hope so!

As much as I love woot shirts I'm not looking forward to a bunch of trial and error trying to determine whether any of the new sizes fit well enough to buy, going forward.

On the other hand, maybe I won't have to keep buying new hangers.

kmtfk6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmtfk6

Emailing service@woot.com doesn't work. They just get confused about what you are asking....

Coelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coelli
kmtfk6 wrote:Emailing service@woot.com doesn't work. They just get confused about what you are asking....

FWIW, I got a reply and everything is good. Hopefully the WM fits well enough!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kmtfk6 wrote:Emailing service@woot.com doesn't work. They just get confused about what you are asking....

They try to be as helpful as they can, so I would mail them again, honestly.

I'm just hanging out, really.

amanda248

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amanda248
thumperchick wrote:
The answer of asking the svelte ladies to buy kids shirts (that are too short) is more insulting than asking the tall/larger women to buy a men's shirt. I would've been more than happy to try an AA W2XL. It wasn't about the size on the tag, but about the fit of the shirt on a female form. Even those with a less curvy body enjoy a feminine cut. No one should have to wear a box or bell-tent. Especially not when other options exist.

I really appreciate you saying this. I get jokingly accused of being a "skinny b*tch" by my boyfriend all the time. This is one of the few issues he's actually agreed with me on. I don't understand why we're being punished for being thin.

I'm trying so hard to stay open-minded, but it's difficult when I'm able to see pictures of how bad this new shape looks. Tracking info says that my first shirt on the new blanks should arrive tomorrow. I'll post my own pictures once that happens.

Already got the BF's shirt on the new blanks. I could tell without seeing the tag that it was different. The material just has a different feel. Not necessarily bad (that we can tell yet), just different.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

I was one of those who asked for AA W2XL (though I typically like the fit of WXL perfectly) so in spite of the other issues (like being made in Honduras), I was kind of looking forward to how the new blanks would fit. Unfortunately, given all the reviews and pictures, I don't actually want to try any because I don't want to waste money on an unwearable shirt. I'm definitely not a tall person, but the length of the AA's was great. Even for a non-thin person, the cut was actually flattering, whereas it doesn't seem like the new one is. I also really liked the size of the prints in relation to the AA women's shirts, I've found that on shirts from other sites, the print is too big so the sides get lost around the curve of my chest or too much of it was centered *under* said chest-curves.

And I agree that it's NOT the same to say to women now to just buy kid sizes as they have mentioned that the length difference makes that, in fact, complete unrealistic. Actually, I'm concerned about the kid sizes, too. I *liked* that AA kids sizes ran a little small, because my son could wear the K4s when he was 2 (I mean, they were big, but who cares on a 2 yo). I also don't like the idea of the new kids shirts doing the same shrink-in-length-but-not-width thing that some of his other shirts do, as he outgrows length on clothes far faster than width, which I'm pretty sure is typical of MOST kids.

In other words, I'm now really disappointed in this change. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything we can do to get the blanks switched back. Since they have hundreds, if not thousands (depending on the week), of new customers each week, pretty soon they'll have a large enough customer base that doesn't even know what woot shirts used to be....

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
amreli wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything we can do to get the blanks switched back. Since they have hundreds, if not thousands (depending on the week), of new customers each week, pretty soon they'll have a large enough customer base that doesn't even know what woot shirts used to be....

I think this sums it up nicely.

I've had a really snarky comment queued up for a long time on this whole issue, but I'll defer.

move along

raven13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages raven13

So have any of the smaller-framed ladies who wore the AA Large tried the Anvil Men's small?
I figured it might be an option since it is an inch longer and wider than the Anvil Women's small.

Breathe me in, I'm yours to keep.

Woots: 4
Home.Woots: 1
Shirts: 53: 30 for myself, 23 for friends/family.

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling
raven13 wrote:So have any of the smaller-framed ladies who wore the AA Large tried the Anvil Men's small?
I figured it might be an option since it is an inch longer and wider than the Anvil Women's small.

I ordered one to test it out a couple of days ago. I'll report back once it gets here. It pretty much has to be more flattering than the Anvil women's sizes... Whether it fits well enough for me to buy another in the future is the question.

mukimuki

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mukimuki
thumperchick wrote:

Thank you for this.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I actually like the new sizing. I've posted pictures in the other threads of the new shirts unwashed and meant to post a follow up after washing them for comparison and got super horribly sick for a week after a convention. I'm only just now feeling good enough to do pictures but I have a deadline all this weekend.

I use to wear AA Woman's Medium and now I fit the new Anvil Woman's small. Woot sent me two sizes the WS and the WM and after washing them they both fit fairly well. The Medium is honestly a bit big but it's still fairly okay. The small fits really nicely and doesn't attack my hips or try to shrink inward on the shoulders like the old AA.

I can post some pictures maybe on Monday depending on work.

campolady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages campolady

I am not happy. I'm super tiny and now I don't get to shirt.woot any more. Yeah, as someone mentioned, I could buy a K12, but then I would look like a K12, the sleeves won't be fitted or anything.
Holy cow I am so not happy.
I just got my first new shirt in and it looks like a freakin man shirt.. Seriously?.

whitchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitchan
campolady wrote:I am not happy. I'm super tiny and now I don't get to shirt.woot any more. Yeah, as someone mentioned, I could buy a K12, but then I would look like a K12, the sleeves won't be fitted or anything.
Holy cow I am so not happy.
I just got my first new shirt in and it looks like a freakin man shirt.. Seriously?.

Same exact feeling. I put it on and was sure there had to have been some kind of mix up. Of course there wasn't, the new shirts are apparently cut for men-who-ironically-wear-women-sizes.

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke

i'm sort of the shape of the new shirts (not the size, even in ginormous anvil sizes i'd need a 2xl at least) in as much as my ass is too big for the rest of me. i must say that i had no idea that there were enough women with disproportionately large asses that there are actually shirts this shape.

also, if i were tiny and really, really wanted a particular woot shirt, i think i would go with the smallest men's size instead of the smallest women's. it might not be the fit you want, but at least it would look like you bought a unisex shirt in the smallest size you could, which would have to look less silly than wearing a fitted shirt that isn't fitted. of course, it would have to be a really great shirt if it was going to be a cut i wasn't overly fond of.

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth
racheling wrote:I ordered one to test it out a couple of days ago. I'll report back once it gets here. It pretty much has to be more flattering than the Anvil women's sizes... Whether it fits well enough for me to buy another in the future is the question.

Reeeally looking forward to hearing how it fits.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
ljwilke wrote:

also, if i were tiny and really, really wanted a particular woot shirt, i think i would go with the smallest men's size instead of the smallest women's. it might not be the fit you want, but at least it would look like you bought a unisex shirt in the smallest size you could, which would have to look less silly than wearing a fitted shirt that isn't fitted. of course, it would have to be a really great shirt if it was going to be a cut i wasn't overly fond of.

If a tiny woman likes a design enough to buy one that fits poorly, I would suggest still buying womens (if the length is long enough). The womens have seams, so will be easier to modify than the mens.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

As was frequently mentioned in the thread about AA fit...let's try to keep it nice, shall we? Talk about how they fit you but avoid the temptation to criticize those who they do fit by negative implication (or still fail to fit but for different reasons).

Quite honestly, I don't think being forced to wear mens clothing is any less insulting that being forced to wear kids clothing.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

thumperchick

quality posts: 237 Private Messages thumperchick
Mavyn wrote:
Quite honestly, I don't think being forced to wear mens clothing is any less insulting that being forced to wear kids clothing.

My point with that was that at least the men's shirts still could fit me and a good portion of the larger women (though an AA W2XL would've been better). The children's shirts are short and a non-option. It is a sadly comical difference.

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth
Mavyn wrote:

Agreed...but kids sizes aren't even an option. They're incredibly short. So we're not being forced to wear kids sizes, we're being forced to wear no woot shirts.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
blanked wrote:If a tiny woman likes a design enough to buy one that fits poorly, I would suggest still buying womens (if the length is long enough). The womens have seams, so will be easier to modify than the mens.

This brings up a question for me, actually. I suppose I will ask this both here and over in the general thread. I am a very plus sized lady. I buy the Men's 3x. I'm okay with that, because the AA Men's 3x has side seams. So I can alter it if I choose to down the line a lot easier.

Which brings me to the question-- Do the Anvil M3x also have seams? Anyone?

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
jezebelseven wrote:This brings up a question for me, actually. I suppose I will ask this both here and over in the general thread. I am a very plus sized lady. I buy the Men's 3x. I'm okay with that, because the AA Men's 3x has side seams. So I can alter it if I choose to down the line a lot easier.

Which brings me to the question-- Do the Anvil M3x also have seams? Anyone?

We've only bought one, but the Anvil 3x does not have a side seam.

morgankohl

morgankohl wrote:Every time I see a shirt that I like and cannot buy, I'm going to start emailing customer service. I think it's obvious that no one on the Woot staff is paying attention to the forum anymore and the problems that everyone is having with the new shirts...either that or they just don't give a poo. We haven't seen a single post from the Woot staff offering any sort of resolution, despite the amount of business that they're losing. (Or perhaps, with the lowered cost of blanks, we're not going to make enough of an impact for it to hit their bottom line.) Furthermore, I find it incredibly sad that there are artists that can't even buy their own shirts if they get printed.

I sent a second email to service@woot.com informing them of the fact that I've now had to pass up 4 shirts that I would have loved to add to my collection, but could not due to their new, terrible sizing. (The first email I sent didn't even receive a response.) Anyhoo, this was the response that I received:

Hi,

Thanks for your email. Your feedback has been noted.

Kelly

...nothing follows
Why is the Woot staff ignoring this??

Narfcake

morgankohl wrote:...nothing follows
Why is the Woot staff ignoring this??

Ignoring, they're probably not. Convincing enough to the bean counters ... probably not either.
In spite of any lost sales from the loyal Wooters, their bottom line is still padded better because the Anvil blanks cost less.

GoodJoe uses AA 2102 blanks for all the gals, WS to W2XL, so I suggest heading over there for your new shirt needs now instead. For the guys, it's a mix of AA 2001 and Cygnus 7000 blanks; I posted a comparison of them here.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
Narfcake wrote:
GoodJoe uses AA 2102 blanks for all the gals, WS to W2XL, so I suggest heading over there for your new shirt needs now instead. For the guys, it's a mix of Cygnus 7000 and AA 2001 blanks; I posted a comparison of them here.

I just received my first Goodjoe shirt this week in a W2XL AA (Midgerock's "Don't Give Up", which is awesome!). It fits perfectly!! I wish that Woot had offered this size in AA before. It's a moot point now. I can tell that the new Anvils won't work for me size-wise (setting aside the fact of where they are made). So, yes, I will be buying more from Goodjoe in the future.

07/11/14

morgankohl

Narfcake wrote:Ignoring, they're probably not. Convincing enough to the bean counters ... probably not either.
In spite of any lost sales from the loyal Wooters, their bottom line is still padded better because the Anvil blanks cost less.

GoodJoe uses AA 2102 blanks for all the gals, WS to W2XL, so I suggest heading over there for your new shirt needs now instead. For the guys, it's a mix of AA 2001 and Cygnus 7000 blanks; I posted a comparison of them here.

I'm actually still waiting to receive my Walmazan Tequila shirt. ;)

Narfcake

morgankohl wrote:I'm actually still waiting to receive my Walmazan Tequila shirt. ;)

My order for Karni Ratta got here this week, which was that previous week's pre-order, so you should get it next week.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Narfcake wrote:

Does anyone know what blanks GoodJoe are currently using for their kids' sizes?

I've only ever ordered one GoodJoe tee, and although I love the design, I've never worn the shirt. A boys' large was *massive* (comparable to the old MS from Woot) and the shirt was much heavier and scratchier than any of my AAs.

However, this was well over a year and a half ago, so I'm curious if perhaps quality has improved.