mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants
inkycatz wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by pit shirt, but yeah, if you wore a WXL in AA, you probably will most likely find either the WM or WL to be to your liking (I liked the WM best).

I think a "pit" shirt is one that displays the arm pits courtesy of wide sleeve openings.
Not a good look.

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag
mscrankypants wrote:I think a "pit" shirt is one that displays the arm pits courtesy of wide sleeve openings.
Not a good look.

my interpretation would be a shirt that totally rides up in the armpits. that's why i order the men's medium now instead of the wxl (at least i did in aa, haven't ordered an anvil shirt yet). i don't like to have shirts all up in my armpits. i have muscular shoulders and arms (i have two kids under 4 years old, so i spend a lot of time carrying stuff), and need room to move.

could be totally wrong, of course.

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

Are we just wasting our breath in requesting a WXS? I stalk this thread constantly hoping that the voices of the few of us who don't fit into the new sizes will somehow represent the rest of the women who don't come and voice their opinion on the forums.

I'll admit that I honestly don't know, but I FEEL like it should not be a big deal to throw this WXS size in. Or is it? Why is it a big deal? Someone educate me so I don't feel so hopelessly frustrated with it.

I feel so defeated having to pass up design after design that I love because I absolutely do not fit into these new shirts. I even tried to give the Anvil I was sent on accident a try several times now and convince myself to like it, and I just can't. Especially because when I wear it for more than a few hours, it becomes even more lifeless and shapeless and tent-ish.

The old AA WM was flattering enough on me that I felt confident and comfortable wearing it even to places like the bar (which, by the way, is a great place for woot shirts)...but I wouldn't dream of wearing that big tent Anvil out into public.

erin1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erin1979
blanked wrote:I think you will have to explain what you mean by that before anyone can answer.

Shirts that ride up into the armpits.

erin1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erin1979
spacegirlag wrote:my interpretation would be a shirt that totally rides up in the armpits. that's why i order the men's medium now instead of the wxl (at least i did in aa, haven't ordered an anvil shirt yet). i don't like to have shirts all up in my armpits. i have muscular shoulders and arms (i have two kids under 4 years old, so i spend a lot of time carrying stuff), and need room to move.

could be totally wrong, of course.

Totally right. It took me a few shirts before I got it right with the AAs and now that they're changing them, I don't want to waste money on something that might be a pit shirt (plus all the pictures of them don't make them look too cool).

spazztastic1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazztastic1
heidiruth wrote:Are we just wasting our breath in requesting a WXS? I stalk this thread constantly hoping that the voices of the few of us who don't fit into the new sizes will somehow represent the rest of the women who don't come and voice their opinion on the forums.

I'll admit that I honestly don't know, but I FEEL like it should not be a big deal to throw this WXS size in. Or is it? Why is it a big deal? Someone educate me so I don't feel so hopelessly frustrated with it.

I feel so defeated having to pass up design after design that I love because I absolutely do not fit into these new shirts. I even tried to give the Anvil I was sent on accident a try several times now and convince myself to like it, and I just can't. Especially because when I wear it for more than a few hours, it becomes even more lifeless and shapeless and tent-ish.

The old AA WM was flattering enough on me that I felt confident and comfortable wearing it even to places like the bar (which, by the way, is a great place for woot shirts)...but I wouldn't dream of wearing that big tent Anvil out into public.

I would really like to know as well and I fully agree with this entire post.

Is it a big deal for a WXS size to be offered? Is it worth making it to keep the smaller customers who can no longer fit into other current sizes?

Because if it doesn't appear and no further changes are made, I'm gone. I'm not at all happy to say this either because I LOVE many designs on this site. But I don't love them enough to walk around in an unattractive tent that I can't even feel comfortable using as a sleep shirt.

Staff, please give us insight on the possibility of a WXS.

agentcarlos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agentcarlos

Another person chiming in to say that they hate the new Anvil fit. The AA WS that I ordered previously fit me absolutely perfectly. I can honestly say that they were the best-fitting tees I've ever had (I have an almost straight torso and my boobs are barely an A cup.)

The new WS is a tent on me (and the fabric isn't nearly as nice.) I'm keeping it only in the hopes that I can find some creative way to alter it.

I don't think I'll be ordering any more shirts, despite how much I love Woot's designs :/

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

My Anvil WL finally arrived. I bought Not Like The Others. I normally wear AA MM and have one ML. I'm 5'4" and on the heavier end of the weight spectrum.

Initial thoughts: pretty good. The fabric felt different than AA but not sure exactly how it's different. The arm holes are a bit tighter than what I'm used to. The shirt is long enough. It will drape over my hips instead of bunching up like the MM/ML did. I don't mind either way. I did notice the shoulder "wings" others mentioned, but not too noticeable until I lift my arms straight out.

Before wash photos:

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
heidiruth wrote:Are we just wasting our breath in requesting a WXS? I stalk this thread constantly hoping that the voices of the few of us who don't fit into the new sizes will somehow represent the rest of the women who don't come and voice their opinion on the forums.

Everything you just said= <3

paris626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paris626

I've never posted before but I seeing a lot of new shirts in my future due to the blank switch. I'm close to 40 have DD's and not a flat tummy wear a size 12.
I did not look good in the old wxl. Too short and way too tight around the belly for my liking.
The anvil xl fits just like it should got a girl cut but not belly tight. I do love it and will be ordering way more now.
I did order a ML in the older shirt.
I do hope they add a WXS for those who need it.

iceberg214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceberg214

The pictures of the new women's style ABSOLUTELY need to be on the sizing chart page. I consulted the sizing chart and made notes on what the measurements are on shirts I already own, assuming these shirts would fit like a normal shirt.

They don't.

I was incredibly disappointed when I received my shirt in the mail today. It is not only disturbingly large, but the placement of the (very extreme) curves makes little to no sense.

Additionally, the sizing chart says something along the lines of "beware! these shirts run small!"

They don't.

The women sizes run exceedingly large. I urge shirt.woot to include an addendum on the sizing chart so it reads that MENS SHIRTS RUN SLIM AND WOMENS SHIRTS RUN LARGE, because THAT is the actuality.

I wish I had seen this discussion before making my purchase, because I would have ordered a smaller shirt or even a men's size. Actually, I may not have ordered it at all, because the curves are SO extreme, which is made obvious by the pictures here, but are NOT at all obvious on the sizing chart.

Because this information is not included on the sizing chart, the chart itself was rendered useless. Measurements don't do any good when there's no way to tell how they are applied in practice.

I am incredibly disappointed with my shirt and will not make any more purchases until this error is remedied. In fact, such is my disappointment that I may not make any other purchases here, ever.

iceberg214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceberg214
agentcarlos wrote:Another person chiming in to say that they hate the new Anvil fit. The AA WS that I ordered previously fit me absolutely perfectly. I can honestly say that they were the best-fitting tees I've ever had (I have an almost straight torso and my boobs are barely an A cup.)

The new WS is a tent on me (and the fabric isn't nearly as nice.) I'm keeping it only in the hopes that I can find some creative way to alter it.

I don't think I'll be ordering any more shirts, despite how much I love Woot's designs :/

Agreed. I was really hoping to wear my "Critical Hit" shirt to my next DND session, but may have to settle for turning it into a $12 pillow.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

I just put on my kid's K12 shirt and realized that I'm quite a bit smaller than I was in the fall. Other than being too short, it's a nice fit.

The AA WXL after washing is about the minimum length I need. I mercilessly put everything in the dryer, so the WXL ends up with about a 25" length, but it's baggy in the midsection.

So, I think I'm out of luck if I want a fitted women's style T, unless they start offering tall/extra long sizes.

Anyone have comparison pics of an Anvil WS and AA WXL or AA WL? Even posting length measurements of a washed & dried (preferably in the dryer) Anvil WS would be helpful. They may have been posted before, but I can't find them. Also, is there more stretch in the bust than with AA?

The longer this goes on, the more it appears that Woot is firmly on the Anvil path. I love the designs, so I'd like to figure out if there's a women's style t that has a chance of being fitted, but not exposing half my stomach if I raise my arms.

tpreece

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpreece

Echoing what a lot of others have said here--

I'm 5'9" and hourglass shaped. In the AA sizes I was somewhere in between a WL and WXL. However, my biggest issue has always been the length--even the AA tees were usually too short after washing. Knowing that the new sizes are going to be even shorter than the old ones (for a comparable bust measurement), I'm pretty certain I won't be able to realistically wear these shirts anymore, which makes me very sad.

I really don't know why more shirt retailers don't tend towards longer shirts for women--a shirt can always be hemmed, but it can't be lengthened. Add to that the fact that low-rise jeans are still in fashion, and it just makes sense to err on the side of being longer. (and this is the primary reason I buy almost exclusively Teefury shirts at this point--they're actually long enough).

I'd also like to add my vote to the plea for v-neck styles, though if they're as short as the crewnecks, it may be a moot point for me.

morgankohl

I really want a Hungry Hungry Games shirt...I wonder how much fighting I would have to do with my sewing machine to turn it into something that looks at least halfway decent...
Is it even worth the hassle?

ktran7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktran7

How are asian girls suppose to wear these big anvil's tee shirt?

morgankohl

ktran7 wrote:How are asian girls suppose to wear these big anvil's tee shirt?

The same as the small white and black ones. They don't.

heidiruth

morgankohl wrote:I really want a Hungry Hungry Games shirt...I wonder how much fighting I would have to do with my sewing machine to turn it into something that looks at least halfway decent...
Is it even worth the hassle?

I was considering this with my "Blending in to Night" because I love the design so much and I'm so sad they sent it to me on Anvil. But I have a feeling I'll just end up ruining it. Le sigh.

morgankohl

heidiruth wrote:I was considering this with my "Blending in to Night" because I love the design so much and I'm so sad they sent it to me on Anvil. But I have a feeling I'll just end up ruining it. Le sigh.

Considering that it's as good as cleaning rags right now anyway, I don't see what the harm is. I just don't want to spend the money without knowing whether I can make it wearable or not. :-/

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

I feel as though art can incite change where mere words cannot. I've created this inspiring masterpiece to convey my...no...OUR thoughts and desires in these changing woot times. Note the special attention to human proportion and use of light to emphasize the message.

Thank you .

morgankohl

ochopika wrote:I feel as though art can incite change where mere words cannot. I've created this inspiring masterpiece to convey my...no...OUR thoughts and desires in these changing woot times. Note the special attention to human proportion and use of light to emphasize the message.

Thank you .

LMFAO!!! Brilliant!

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass
badlass wrote:My Anvil WL finally arrived. I bought Not Like The Others. I normally wear AA MM and have one ML. I'm 5'4" and on the heavier end of the weight spectrum.

Initial thoughts: pretty good. The fabric felt different than AA but not sure exactly how it's different. The arm holes are a bit tighter than what I'm used to. The shirt is long enough. It will drape over my hips instead of bunching up like the MM/ML did. I don't mind either way. I did notice the shoulder "wings" others mentioned, but not too noticeable until I lift my arms straight out.

Before wash photos:

After a warm water wash and hang dry (what i do to all my shirts) the shirt looks pretty much the same as before.

Overall, even though it fits me just fine, I'm getting my next Anvil shirt in MM and unsure which one I'd like better.

heidiruth

ochopika wrote:I feel as though art can incite change where mere words cannot. I've created this inspiring masterpiece to convey my...no...OUR thoughts and desires in these changing woot times. Note the special attention to human proportion and use of light to emphasize the message.

Thank you .

I love the itty bitty little "please" you squashed in.

Yeah, what she said. PLEASE?

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

Thank you .

I think I like the turtle on the shirt the best.

corygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corygirl

I hate the new sizes none of them fit me the sizes that you used to have it were fine!! I'm so sad that my hubby and I are not buying more woot shirts...

corygirl

The difference is huge!! I hate it!!!

http://imgur.com/a/XvPcr

corygirl

Thank you .

AGREEE!!!!

corygirl

BootsBoots wrote:(PIX)

Thank you, I was about to buy the new K10 but your pics save me, I'm really sad that my hubby and I are not buying more woot shirts until they have the old sizes..

shuiheart

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shuiheart

I just got my first shirt on the new Anvil blanks.

It was really hard to tell, in the rush of buying, if the t-shirt was going to be on the new blank or not. I assumed it was, but the statement on the sizing chart ("The Woot Tee offers a "slim" fit, so consider ordering a size up if you like your tees baggy.") really threw me off.

I am 5'7", long torso, size 14ish, curvy. An AA WXL was just a bit too small for me, particularly in the chest and hips, so I thought an Anvil WXL would fit ok. I was worried about going to a WL, because of the length (I have a long torso).

I almost laughed when I pulled the Anvil WXL out of the bag because it was so big. Then I washed it on hot and dried it on high hoping it would shrink. It did, in the sleeve circumference, at least.

This is the weirdest fitting shirt that I own.

Pros:
~The fabric is nice enough, nothing to complain about.
~The neck hole is awesome - no more getting choked by my shirts.

Cons:
~I have large arms, I freely admit that, but these arm holes were surprisingly tight given the fit of the rest of the shirt.
~Even after a wash in hot water and dry on high, it was WAY too big. I took it in an inch on each side and it is still too big. In some stores I am an WXL, I am NOT a WL or WM. I completely understand the request for a WXS.
~When I turned it inside-out to sew up the sides, I noticed that some of the seams, especially around the side seams were already starting to unravel. Could just be the luck of the draw though.
~The shoulder seams are ridiculously low on my arms, like 1-2" below my natural shoulder, and I have broad shoulders.

End result - I will only buy a Woot tee if it is something I HAVE to have, because it is going to take some altering to fit right.

flautenmusik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flautenmusik

I'm going to admit that I was really worried about the new shirts. I would normally buy an AA WXL and it was a bit tight around my girls - I'm a 38DDD. The rest of me is much smaller in comparison to my boobs.

I debated between an Anvil WM and WL - I knew that the WXL would be gigantic by looking at the charts. Since the WL is longer and has more room in the bobbies, I opted for it.

My shirt arrived today, and I am pleasantly surprised with the fit. It goes around the girls nicely, and the lengthy is perfect - we'll see how that holds up in the dryer. The shape is good to, but I admit that I do have an hourglass shaped figure. All-in-all, I think that I like this shirt better (don't stone me). The fabric feels both thick and soft.

I do feel for those who wore smaller sizes before, and hopefully woot will add a WXS for you gals.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
paris626 wrote:I've never posted before but I seeing a lot of new shirts in my future due to the blank switch. I'm close to 40 have DD's and not a flat tummy wear a size 12.
I did not look good in the old wxl. Too short and way too tight around the belly for my liking.
The anvil xl fits just like it should got a girl cut but not belly tight. I do love it and will be ordering way more now.
I did order a ML in the older shirt.
I do hope they add a WXS for those who need it.

Sizewise I'm similar to you - the wxl from aa just didn't quite work for me. I have some, will wear only with certain pairs of jeans (ladies, you know what I mean). I wore my first Anvil shirt the other day, a WL and it fit pretty well. I'm sorry that others are having trouble getting the right size, but I just want to point out that the change is not the complete disaster it is being described as. For some of us, we can actually purchase women's sizes that fit. That said, woot really should look into having a wxs given the size issues/demand.

morgankohl

**sigh** Today's shirt is filled with so much awesomeness. WHY WON'T YOU OFFER ME A SHIRT THAT FITS, WOOT??? WHY???

morgankohl

morgankohl wrote:**sigh** Today's shirt is filled with so much awesomeness. WHY WON'T YOU OFFER ME A SHIRT THAT FITS, WOOT??? WHY???

I just wrote my fourth email to Woot customer service regarding their new sizing. This is the 7th shirt that I have had to pass up because it simply will not fit. Any other little ones out there care to bombard Woot with your feelings of contempt?

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

I think it is significant that even the people who are posting here to defend the way the new shirts fit still recognize the need for a WXS size. I'm about a far from a WXS as one can get, but even I can see that there's a definite need for a smaller size with the new shirts.

WOOT. SERIOUSLY. PAY ATTENTION.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
missmelis wrote:I think it is significant that even the people who are posting here to defend the way the new shirts fit still recognize the need for a WXS size. I'm about a far from a WXS as one can get, but even I can see that there's a definite need for a smaller size with the new shirts.

We are paying attention. I've also passed on the feedback (of which I know there has been a significant amount). I just don't have any updates for folks at this time, sorry.

I'm just hanging out, really.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
missmelis wrote:I think it is significant that even the people who are posting here to defend the way the new shirts fit still recognize the need for a WXS size. I'm about a far from a WXS as one can get, but even I can see that there's a definite need for a smaller size with the new shirts.

For me, it's a case of I know how difficult it can be to love a woot shirt but struggle to find the right size. I have AA WL, WXL, and ML all because I kept searching for what fit me best. I'm happiest with my Anvil WL because that fits me the best, but I know not everyone will feel the same. Different people look for different things/different fits. There is not one style that everyone will be happy with, unfortunately. Woot tried and while there has been some success there's also been some trouble. Hopefully a WXS option is introduced sooner rather than later to try and remedy one of the issues that the Anvil switch has caused.

morgankohl

inkycatz wrote:We are paying attention. I've also passed on the feedback (of which I know there has been a significant amount). I just don't have any updates for folks at this time, sorry.

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
inkycatz wrote:We are paying attention. I've also passed on the feedback (of which I know there has been a significant amount). I just don't have any updates for folks at this time, sorry.

Thank you inkycatz! I know that any changes that might happen will probably take a while to make, but it is really nice to have someone openly admit that--not to mention acknowledge that people's concerns are being heard.

I'm sorry if I seemed rude in the post to which you were responding - I must admit I did not spend much time crafting it. There definitely should have been a "please" in there, at the very least. Can I make it up to you with an extra "thank you"?

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Found an issue with offering Anvil WXS ... colors, or lack thereof, as they only offer that size for black and white.

Measurements are 15.5" chest, 24.5" length. Same width, but 1.25" shorter than an AA WS.

heidiruth

Narfcake wrote:Found an issue with offering Anvil WXS ... colors, or lack thereof, as they only offer that size for black and white..

...I feel like my dreams have been crushed. So there's essentially NO way we could get the WXS then, if the colors aren't even available.

How terribly sad. I felt like the extra size was at least a possibility...but there's no way they'll offer AA or something comparable for us smaller gals. (Please prove me wrong )