ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Narfcake wrote:Found an issue with offering Anvil WXS ... colors, or lack thereof, as they only offer that size for black and white.

Measurements are 15.5" chest, 24.5" length. Same width, but 1.25" shorter than an AA WS.

Why does Anvil hate small ladies? Now I like them less.

I guess Woot could just use a different brand for the WXS? Maybe AA? That would be soooo cooool. Is there some weird snafu that would make that not possible?

It seems like it wouldn't cost them a whole lot more since most people wouldn't order the XS *edit; I mean, plenty of people would order it, but more people would still be ordering the larger sizes so woot would still be selling mostly higher profit margin shirts!*. I'm not a shirt business person so I honestly don't know, maybe there is a reason they can't use both brands. They kind of already do use both so it seems possible to me.

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
ochopika wrote:I feel as though art can incite change where mere words cannot. I've created this inspiring masterpiece to convey my...no...OUR thoughts and desires in these changing woot times. Note the special attention to human proportion and use of light to emphasize the message.

Thank you .

Please remember that it's not just the tiny women who are left out. Us full figured women stuck with men's sizes are out of luck, too. Unless we want giant sleeves that hang past our elbows, a wide boxy fit, and too short in the length.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
trekmiss wrote:Please remember that it's not just the tiny women who are left out. Us full figured women stuck with men's sizes are out of luck, too. Unless we want giant sleeves that hang past our elbows, a wide boxy fit, and too short in the length.

And women who aren't in larger sizes, but need length to keep from showing bellies or coin slots.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
trekmiss wrote:Please remember that it's not just the tiny women who are left out. Us full figured women stuck with men's sizes are out of luck, too. Unless we want giant sleeves that hang past our elbows, a wide boxy fit, and too short in the length.

And scrawny guys (there have to be more than just me, right ... right?!), for whom kids' sizes would be less of an issue if they weren't so damn short!

And of course anyone who doesn't feel comfortable purchasing Anvil shirts because of the manner in which they're manufactured ...

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
elankat wrote:And women who aren't in larger sizes, but need length to keep from showing bellies or coin slots.

Heeheehee! Coin slots....

morgankohl

Narfcake wrote:Found an issue with offering Anvil WXS ... colors, or lack thereof, as they only offer that size for black and white.

Measurements are 15.5" chest, 24.5" length. Same width, but 1.25" shorter than an AA WS.

Is that just for an XS in this particular style of shirt, or is that true for *all* of Anvil's XS women's tees?

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Just as added explanation, there are other websites that have dropped AA as well. My Soti used to offer AA as their 'premium' grade tee, but changed.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

morgankohl

It's good to see you posting again. There haven't been a lot of non-XS women posting as of late. (Rather, not a lot that *don't* like the new shirt blanks) Keep your complaints/opinions coming! The more voices speaking up, the better.

elankat

elankat wrote:Anyone have comparison pics of an Anvil WS and AA WXL or AA WL? Even posting length measurements of a washed & dried (preferably in the dryer) Anvil WS would be helpful. They may have been posted before, but I can't find them. Also, is there more stretch in the bust than with AA?

Still looking for this info. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

morgankohl

elankat wrote:Still looking for this info. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I think Ochopika might have a washed/dried Anvil WS.

morgankohl

dominanefret wrote:I ordered "READ", "After All This Time", and "Curiosity". They were the first shirts I ordered since the switch over to Anvil.
I just received "READ" and "After All This Time".

I'll start by saying that I actually defended the decision to stop using American Apparel. I have my own moral issues with the company, I think their fit for women's shirts is utterly ludicrous, and I could understand wanting to cut down on some of the overhead.

I was really excited about these shirts, thinking they are some of the coolest designs I have seen come on the site since discovering shirt.woot. When I opened them yesterday I was utterly astonished by how poor the quality was.

I expected a bit of downturn in the quality of the t-shirts, but it was much worse than what I had imagined. The fabric is really thin, the hem is longer in the back than the front and uneven all the way around, the side seams are nowhere near straight, it's appalling. What surprised me even more than that was the difference in the quality of the prints. It was absolutely deplorable on both shirts. It seriously looks and feels like the iron-ons you can get at Michael's or Office Depot. The detail is impossible to make out and with just the slightest stretch of the material it starts to pull apart and separate from the shirt. I fully expect it to completely come off after one or two washes.

I'm being sent replacement shirts but I'm not exactly sure why I should expect the print jobs to be any better quality on those.

The sizing is the next issue.
I looked at the new sizing chart before placing my order...

Unless I just got two defects, none of the measurements on the sizing chart are true, so directing people to them, as I have seen happen over and over again, doesn't actually do any good.

I'm 38" at the bust, so when ordering my first of these new shirts I bought one medium and one small, to see which would fit better.
According to the sizing chart, the medium should be 38" at the chest, and the small 34". So, theoretically, the medium should be the same size as my bust, and the small 4" smaller.

This is called ease. Ease is the amount of tension a garment has around a body, how taut it is stretched.
*Positive ease is when there is room to spare, when the circumference of the body is smaller than the circumference of the garment, the garment will be loose and baggy.
*No ease is when the circumference of the body and the garment are the same, this should be a close fit that shows the shape of the body, but isn't quite as form fitting and still moves easily.
*Negative ease is when tension is created by fabric being stretched over an area that is larger than it's circumference. A good example of this is knit camisole tank tops and form fitting t-shirts. This doesn't mean a garment is too small.

Based on the sizing charts provided, the women's medium should have been a reasonably close fit with a bit of extra room in the arms and waist. What I'd call a "casual women's fit". And the small should have been fairly form fitting.

Instead the Medium is GIGANTIC. I'd estimate there is at least 6" of positive ease in the chest and the shaping at the waist is minimal, so it is so big in the waist that it looks like a tent. The small probably has 1-2" of positive ease in the chest and again, minimal shaping in the waist.

These women's sizes are approximately 6" larger than the sizing chart claims. If you want a really big, baggy shirt then buy the size it says you should be. If you want a casual fit buy a size smaller. If you want a fitted shirt, but two sizes smaller.

So basically anyone who is a size small and actually wants a fitted shirt is screwed.

I really hope this shirt situation is fixed.

I stole this person's post from the shirt change forum. I thought it had good, relevant information for the ladies in it. That, and I haven't seen any posts from women who just received shirts in awhile.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
elankat wrote:Still looking for this info. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I posted the measurements of a washed and drier-dried Anvil women's small, here . Sorry, no Larges or XLs though.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I received an Anvil WM (a Spring Collection shirt that was supposed to be printed on AA). Would measurements or pictures be useful to anyone? Have we already covered this enough?

If someone would like pictures or measurements, I'm more than happy to help. Just tell me what to do. I think I have washed/unwashed AA WS and WM for comparison.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

nadine624

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nadine624

So I was actually kinda happy that woot went with the anvils, for no reason other than my selfish want to fit into women's cut shirts again! I ordered the XL as I used to order ML in AA and it actually fit very comfortably. I haven't measured, but it was only slightly larger in the bust and hips than the old ML AA and the waist and sleeves fit much better.

That being said, I too had problems with my shirts. Too Many Cooks was printed slightly off center, or maybe the side seam was crooked, I'm not sure but the image constantly shifts to the left on my chest. Not too much so I still wear and like my shirt. Read arrived this afternoon and I was amazed to discover that the image was much smaller and higher up than the image appeared on the site. If I were to scale the image it would probably only be 60% of the size it should be and the placement is so high up it'll probably be across only the top of my boobs. Seriously it looks as if the design was sized to fit a kid's shirt!
I figured it was a misprint and emailed service@woot inquiring if they'd had any issues and was abruptly informed that it's supposed to be that way and sending me a new shirt wouldn't fix the issue. Please keep in mind I never asked for another shirt, only if it was supposed to be this way. I emailed them back asking if images were always scaled down this much on women's shirts and was told yes and issued a refund :-/

So I thought I would ask in here as you all may be slightly more helpful. Are the images on women's shirts always printed so small? I like the fit of the WXL better, but if they print looking this tiny, thus missing alot of the subtlety and detail I liked, I'm going to have to pass on many of the more detailed shirts or at the very least go back to the boxy men's large. So please tell me your experiences. Thanks!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
nadine624 wrote:So I thought I would ask in here as you all may be slightly more helpful. Are the images on women's shirts always printed so small? I like the fit of the WXL better, but if they print looking this tiny, thus missing alot of the subtlety and detail I liked, I'm going to have to pass on many of the more detailed shirts or at the very least go back to the boxy men's large. So please tell me your experiences. Thanks!

Yes, the womens' and kids' prints have always been scaled down and smaller than those on the mens' shirts.

Previously, this made sense, as the shirts themselves were also smaller, and a huge print on a small shirt would have looked disproportionate.

Now that the shirts themselves are considerably larger than before, I suppose it only follows that the smaller print will look out-of-whack.

Maybe yet another case of 'Woot didn't think this through'??

nadine624

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nadine624
endangeredomega wrote:
Maybe yet another case of 'Woot didn't think this through'??

I would have to agree!

Thanks for responding

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

morgankohl wrote:I think Ochopika might have a washed/dried Anvil WS.

OH! Yes, yes I do. I wear it here. I don't have precise measurements though as I am honestly way to lazy and bad with measuring things.

thematerialgrrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thematerialgrrl

First: Woot has some amazing designs.
But these new shirts are just not form fitting to a womans body.

I just ordered "After All This Time" and I can't tell you how excited I was for it to arrive. As soon as I opened it and tried it on I was confused. It was more than twice the size it should have been. I only assumed they accidentally sent me a Mens Small instead of a Womans Small. That's how large these womens sizes are.

And it's sad to say that this shirt will never see the light of day. It really is a tent. I may bring it out for my insecure days, or cleaning days, but not much more than that. And that really bites because the designer deserves more than that.

Your new shirts are boxy. (Where are the "curves" in a box?). Right now it's hard to be part of the supposed "beanpole" category (as Woot would put it) because I can't buy Woot shirts for myself anymore. I have never been considered a "beanpole" before, but somehow I still drown in these new womens sizes.

And I know they say to buy the kids sizes instead, but they just aren't the same fit as the older Woot shirts. They run a little too short. And (this should be obvious) the kids sizes are not made for a womans body. They're made for, well, Kids.

Main Point:
Dear Woot, Sweet Woot, please give us ladies a break. We Love you. We want to share your designs and support you. We think about you everyday, and all we ask is that you think of us too.
<3
Love,
The Ladies.

elankat

BootsBoots wrote:I posted the measurements of a washed and drier-dried Anvil women's small, here . Sorry, no Larges or XLs though.

Ah. Thanks very much. I saw that post but missed the length posted in the paragraph. Yep. 22.5" is definitely too short for me. I could have *maybe* justified 24 inches.

Looks like I'm out of luck for a shirt that's not huge and still manages to cover the top of my jeans when I move.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
nadine624 wrote:That being said, I too had problems with my shirts. Too Many Cooks was printed slightly off center, or maybe the side seam was crooked, I'm not sure but the image constantly shifts to the left on my chest. Not too much so I still wear and like my shirt. Read arrived this afternoon and I was amazed to discover that the image was much smaller and higher up than the image appeared on the site. If I were to scale the image it would probably only be 60% of the size it should be and the placement is so high up it'll probably be across only the top of my boobs. Seriously it looks as if the design was sized to fit a kid's shirt!
I figured it was a misprint and emailed service@woot inquiring if they'd had any issues and was abruptly informed that it's supposed to be that way and sending me a new shirt wouldn't fix the issue. Please keep in mind I never asked for another shirt, only if it was supposed to be this way. I emailed them back asking if images were always scaled down this much on women's shirts and was told yes and issued a refund :-/

I had the opposite reaction to my first Anvil (After All This Time, pictured somewhere on page 13 of this thread I think?). The print on this one felt gigantic. But I think it was just the placement. It's probably a larger print to begin with, and then having the letters go right across the boob-region gives it the illusion of being bigger. I really wish I was smaller in said boob-region. Of course, then I wouldn't fill out the Anvil WS as much and I'd get that hanging tent look.

Sylkwyrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sylkwyrm

That's it! I'm not buying Woot shirts anymore! I finally came to terms with their $2 price hike (I accept we all need to make money. But after receiving 2 of what I thought were men's mediums sent to me instead of woman's mediums, customer service finally told me about the women's shirt size change. I was already slightly displeased with the short length of the old women's size medium shirts, but to hear the new small was going to be comparative to an old medium but an inch shorter. I'm done! I will still cherish the Woot shirts I have and continue to enjoy the complements I receive on them (almost every time I wear them), but I'm not going to mention the shirt.woot.com website or how much fun it was that Woot has a different shirt everyday. I'll just say thanks and move along.

CKS1215

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CKS1215

I've never posted, but I want to put another tally on the women's-Anvil-shirts-are-weird column.

I wear a women's 14 on a vanity-sized good day, so I had stayed away from AA women's shirts because I was pretty sure the WXL wouldn't work for me. However, I'd read enough comments here to know that an Anvil WL would fit me. I definitely have hips, so I was pretty excited for a shirt that might fit me.

My thoughts:

+It fits me well at the chest.
+The neck hole is a good size. I don't really like wearing crew neck shirts, but this goes low enough not to bother me.

-The sleeves aren't great: longer than I'm used to in a women's t-shirt and they do this weird bunching thing at the shoulder.
-The bottom is ridiculous. Like everyone said, it flares out disproportionately. It's also shorter in the front than the back; not really helpful to someone who wants her front covered.
-It's a BIG shirt, and a scaled-down print is unnecessary. I ordered READ and the symbols are absolutely miniscule. People will have to stand on top of me to look at the pictures. I'm really disappointed about that because I really liked that design. The details are almost useless; it's just a shirt that says READ.

I did take a gamble on an AA WXL during the random sale. I can get it on, but it doesn't look great. A W2XL in AA would be perfect, and going back to AA would solve the problems for those who can't find a shirt small enough here now.

Overall, I will have to REALLY like a shirt before buying a Woot again, if at all. I don't like the fit of the men's shirts for anything but sleeping and the women's are just weird.

milqueway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milqueway

just a +1 from another 5'0" girl who loved the fact that the AA WS fit her perfectly WITHOUT having to purchase a kids' size (i do that often enough for other apparel as is)...the only reason i check woot nowadays is to see if by some miracle the powers-that-be have addressed this issue. i haven't bothered looking at the shirt designs because it makes me sad that i can't buy one that fits me.

morgankohl

milqueway wrote:just a +1 from another 5'0" girl who loved the fact that the AA WS fit her perfectly WITHOUT having to purchase a kids' size (i do that often enough for other apparel as is)...the only reason i check woot nowadays is to see if by some miracle the powers-that-be have addressed this issue. i haven't bothered looking at the shirt designs because it makes me sad that i can't buy one that fits me.

Hell, I'm not too proud to buy a kid's size IF they would actually fit, but they're WAY too short. I'm only 5'1" and my tummy would be hanging out without even lifting my arms.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

While there were complaints about AA's sizing and the lack of 2XL, at least women who didn't fit the WXL HAD AN OPTION at that time, even if men's shirts weren't ideal. While I still (theoretically) have an option with the current blanks, I'm still disheartened by the complete lack of option for women who used to buy WS and WM. A slightly less flattering shape of men's shirts isn't comparable to being told to order kids' sizes that are blatantly too short.

morgankohl

For anyone not paying attention to today's Woot, it is being printed on AA blanks with artwork by the very talented, extra small, Ms. Ochopika.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
morgankohl wrote:For anyone not paying attention to today's Woot, it is being printed on AA blanks* with artwork by the very talented, extra small, Ms. Ochopika.

*Men and Women's sizes are AA. Children's sizes are Anvil.

I've backed off of commenting on this thread overall because I made my opinion known. I think a lot of people just walked away once it was obvious this wasn't up for debate.

myopicpsyche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myopicpsyche
thumperchick wrote:I think a lot of people just walked away once it was obvious this wasn't up for debate.

And as a corollary of that, I've really appreciated when people have posted in the forums to indicate when our favorite artists have prints at other sites, where they offer shirts that fit. I like being able to support the artists' great work. Keep up the postings, people who are posting.

Fellow women who don't fit the anvil blanks, and who don't feel like our comments are being acknowledged, let's vote with our feet.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

My Anvil WXL stayed the same fit after washing and drying on low except for the length. It lost about 2 inches. It's still acceptable, but it's at the limit of long enough. I was thinking of ordering WL next time for a closer fit, but I'm going to have to stay with the loose fitting WXL if I want a curvy cut that's long enough. I know the solution is to line dry, but there are seven of us, I can't be digging through and picking out shirts to line dry, I barely get it all done every week as it is.

And the issue of Anvil only offering the XS in black and white, aren't they doing custom colors for woot already? Can't they custom color the XS for you?

greenerskies47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenerskies47

I have to say I'm pretty annoyed with the change. I definitely didn't get the memo and I ordered Read and After All This Time in my normal WXL size and when I got them I assumed I got men's sizes. These things are huge! Not to mention the fact that they're all out of wack. The print is too small, especially on the Read tee. Also they are super short---don't know how I'd be able to go down a couple sizes without showing off my tummy. The proportions seem weird too. The bottom seems larger than the top. All in all it's not even close to good quality. If I buy from woot again I'm definitely sticking to a men's medium which is at least long enough for me. And it's really bad that there won't be any smaller sizes I emailed about the sizing problem, but they just told me the sizes changed. Guess I'm stuck with them. Maybe I can try taking them in or something.

spookeykatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookeykatt

Just received one of the new style shirts... incredibly unhappy with it. Sleeves are too long, body is too short, and it fits like an unflattering box. I am a curvy woman, supposedly the target audience for the change, and it just looks frumpy. Big boobs mean I need MORE length, not less. I actually contacted customer service assuming I'd been sent a man's tee by mistake. The design is tiny as hell, too.

I guess I'll save money not buying Woot tees?

morwen1031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morwen1031

Hi Guys...or girls.

First time posting here but I've been a customer for a very long time. I've bought enough of these shirts that I've got half a dresser devoted to them. Got my fiance hooked on them as well.

Anyways, I'm just chiming in to say that I too am horrified by these new sizes. I wasn't the biggest fan of AA as a company but the shirts fit me well enough. For reference I'm 5'8", size 2/4 and I'm a 34A. The AA WM was my preferred fit. I always treated them gently when washing (cold and a hang dry) because they fit just right as is and didn't want to risk anything. The sizes of the AA shirts never changed for me after washing; a couple I forgot and left in the dryer, but even then they were still tolerable and very wearable after a slightly heated dry. If I had a complaint it would be that they were sometimes too short but I was never a fan of low rise jeans so I was able to tolerate it. I loved the feel of the fabric as well...soft, not scratchy, and it even had a wee bit of give. I was relatively familiar with AA sizing and quality as I'm a big fan of Johnny Cupcakes shirts and he also uses AA (or did the last time I ordered one of his, anyway).

So I ordered "After All This Time" a couple of weeks ago. I literally FREAKED over this shirt. I'm a huge Potterphile, HUGE. I needed to have this shirt. It was unfortunately my first one ordered after the switch to Anvil and I ruminated over the size chart for a good 2 hours wondering what I should do. I pored over this thread, I compared measurements. I ordered the WM. Big mistake....literally. The thing was massive, just massive. The design definitely feels too small for the size of the shirt, and the fabric itself is rough and feels flimsy. I'm positively heartbroken, because this is probably the single most awesome shirt I've ever seen.

I haven't washed it yet, but I'm considering ordering another one in a WS just because I love it so much that I want one that I can actually wear out without looking like I just picked a random shirt out of a dumpster. I understand Woot's reasons for the change, but I think it's obvious that they either didn't do their research to see how this would affect their (loyal) customers or just didn't care. I hope it's not the latter, because I don't want to stop buying shirts because they seem to hate smaller women now. Surely there are other manufacturers out there that would offer a broader range of sizes for ALL women (since unfortunately we do come in a broad range of sizes).

Anyways, because I love "After All This Time" THAT much, I'm going to try the WS (won't go for the kids sizes b/c length is unfortunately a bigger issue there). It's my last ditch though, and I figure if it winds up not working, I'm only out another $15, at least until Woot (hopefully) fixes the issue.

Perhaps I'll post some pics later to offer yet more perspective on this mess.

Nice meeting you all here, btw :-)

azureluna5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azureluna5
ceotty wrote:Um, that's pretty substantial when you're starting off an inch or two shorter.

I'm not certain how you think these will shrink less than the old shirt, my new avil woot shirt still shrunk a full 2 inches in length, and with a longer torso i need those extra inches. If only t-shirt companies would realize its easier to take off length from a shirt than add it. Won't be buying any more woot shirts, sorry.

azureluna5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azureluna5

Material for the new Anvil t-shirts are exactly like the old and I can't tell the difference. They are still soft and perfect.

Sizing however I have some huge issues with. Previously I ordered the WM which was a little short, especially with the shrinking in length which is a huge concern. Women with a bust know that the bust makes the shirt shorter.

In anticipation of the length being shortened (and yes that little big makes a HUGE difference)I ordered a women's large in the Anvil because the others would most likely shrink too much and give me a belly shirt. Length I need about 25 inches.

Washed the WL Anvil like I do all the woot shirt, it shrunk 2 whole inches. It went from 27 to 25 inches. So on the plus side I ordered right to have a shirt that fit length wise but now I have to deconstruct and resew the entire thing so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a potato sack. Sadly its not worth the effort and so I won't be buying any more woot shirts. Can't validate purchasing a shirt (no matter how awesome the design!) that fits so poorly.

lutz128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lutz128

The new shirts are not nearly as nice. The price increased, the quality decreased and the sizing is not an improvement in my eyes. I would rather order a larger size for the added length, but the new "fit" doesn't allow for that option. Might just have to find a new t-shirt vendor.

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry

This really needs to come off of the size chart: "The Woot Tee offers a "slim" fit, so consider ordering a size up if you like your tees baggy." I could not wear the AA WXL. Oh, I tried... but it was skin tight. I ordered mostly the men's M and some fit better than others. I decided to go for it and get a WXL in Anvil to see if it would be what I really need, since I felt the AA WXL was at least two sizes too small. If that's the new M, then I should be fine with XL... but not really. My first XL arrived (Nyan's Dream). I love the design, colors, and the shirt material is great. I have not washed yet, but it's BIG. It's roomy! I like roomy as long as it's still cute. But the sleeves are a bit weird. If they don't shorten after washing, I'll probably roll them up. This might end up a workout shirt, and I'll try the L and go from there. I might post some pix in case people are interested, after washing.

leprechaungirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leprechaungirl

I'm a bigger girl. I'm a little smaller in the chest than I am in the hips. I ordered Hungry Hungry Games In the ladies XL and I actually love the fit and quality. The fabric feels really close to the fabric on the mens shirts I've bought previously. The design didn't seem any smaller than it should. I wasn't swimming in it. It wasn't too tight. I really like the Anvil blanks so far.

tiffanyvee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiffanyvee

My husband and I each have almost an entire dresser drawer full of Woot Shirts and each order several a month. However, I don't know that this trend will continue for me because the new women's sizing is WAY WAY WAY off.

I used to be a WXL in the old shirts. Sometimes, they were a bit tight in the chest so I figured that even if the new Anvil shirts should be ordered a "size down" from the old shirts that a WXL should still fit even if it was a bit roomy.

Wrong. When I received the shirt, I assumed I had been shipped a men's size shirt. My husband is about 6'2" and wears a men's large. The ladies XL is a tent even on him.

I'm completely torn on what size shirt to order now and I'm not sure I'll order any more Woot shirts for myself until I see that the sizing issues are sorted out per other Woot customers. $15 isn't a lot to spend on a fun shirt, but I'm not in the habit of flushing $15 on shirts I can't wear either. :-(

I have a LOT of respect for the Woot Team and their customer service and I really, really hope this gets sorted out soon.

bravowooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bravowooter

Please consider looking and signing the petition to have woot switch back.

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens

Count me in as one of the ladies who were initially excited about the switch, at least sizing-wise. I'm 5'8", and my weight hovers around the max for Navy standards (that's as much detail as you're getting!) I fit reasonably well into the AA WXL. The chest fit snugly, but not obscenely (even in white), and the length was perfect. The hips fit tight and the tummy was pretty loose though, and this was what I was hoping the Anvil blanks would address. I was particularly excited about the vanity sizing, since the WMs seemed to be the nearest in size to the AA WXLs. I honestly can't remember the last time I fit into a women's medium anything.

Unfortunately, after reading the forums, I became very hesitant about buying the new blanks, even though I'm the target consumer. I dove in with "Almost Free" when it finally made it to print, because I just love that fishy. I still love the fishy, but I do not love the shirt. The top half fits fine - no neck or shoulder issues for me. The length is just barely there, but that's only because I'm un-trendy and wear medium-rise jeans. You'd definitely see flubber with low-rise. The problem is the bottom half. Even after washing and drying (I'm just not the kind of person who hang dries, sorry), it just hangs there, carelessly draped from my chest. It just looks sloppy. It's actually looser around my gut than the AA WXLs were, and much less flattering. I absolutely will not but another women's shirt here.

My hope lies in the MMs. I bought a "Playing Koi" v-neck during the special sale a little while ago (AA MM), and that fits more along the lines of the AA WXL, albeit with longer sleeves (which I don't mind - flatters my "biceps") and a looser waist. It's not perfect, but muchmuchmuch better than the Anvil WM. So in hopes of being able to buy shirts here regularly, I ordered a "Dandelion Drops" in MM, and I'm praying that it fits. I just hope it gets here before the reckoning, because if it fits, I'll replace my WM "Almost Free" with a MM, so I can comfortably wear the fishy in public.

Also, in a note to those looking to buy girl shirts from ShirtPunch, they run big. My WXL is much bigger than those from any other shirt site I've bought from. My guess is that they run similar to the Anvils here. Also, the colors are not true to the shirts on the models. Not even close. I bought a "No Power in the 'Verse" shirt that was supposed to be Kelly/Hunter green, and it showed up light olive green. Not cool.

Anyway, that's my (way more than) two cents. I've got my fingers crossed that the Anvil MM fits me well enough so that I can buy something other than totes and aprons (got one of each from the math sale, and I love them!)