dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Got mine.
I'm sure people have said this, I didn't read back.

They run large. The womans large is bigger than most womens XL

The are short. I am 5'5", I can wear them and lift up my arms and no skin shows, but if my pants were lower, or I was taller, there would be a problem.

The hips are WIDE. I'm a size 14 pants and they fit, but loose.
If I loose weight and go to a 12 or 10, it would be too big.

Waist, I don't like clinging in the middle. The AA didn't cling, these don't either.

The next shirt I order will be the Mens Medium.

I would have loved an AA WXXL.
It was annoying that the WXL was smaller than a MM.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens

So here's an update to my Anvil experimentation (original post about a page and a half back):

I got the Anvil MM "Dandelion Drops" a few days ago. After a wash and dry (I never wear unwashed clothes, and I'm too lazy and impatient to hang-dry), I wore it all day yesterday. It definitely fits like a guy's shirt should - longer torso, straight cut, longer sleeves. Frankly, aside from the sleeve length, which doesn't bother me a bit, it fits just like the AA WXL shirts did, and maybe hangs just a smidge longer. The fabric is a little heavier and rougher, but not so much so that I wouldn't wear it.

All told, if I were to buy another Woot shirt, I'd buy a MM. I do wish that Woot had switched to a ladies blank that was more flattering to all, and was sized to fit more women, beanpole and curvy. I was in the target group for the change (would have loved a W2XL AA), but I've been forced to buy a men's shirt to avoid looking like a hot, sloppy mess. I also wish that I had figured out the sizing issue before "Almost Free" was reckoned. As it stands, I don't see myself wearing the Anvil AM fishy without a layer on top, because the waistline is so very unflattering.

So if you're like me, and you were hoping for a shirt that fit like an AA WXL with a little more breathing room, I suggest the Anvil MM (all other sourcing/manufacturing issues aside).

sweetcynamon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetcynamon

I got my first anvil shirt today. As an AA WXL I decided to try the WM and I like the way it fits. I'll admit I'm short 5'2 and have super round shoulders and am super curvy (hello pooch), so the billowing at the hips actually really works for me.

I can see how it wouldn't work for a lot of body types and if you're a small lady then you're just SOL.

kep5003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kep5003

So are all shirts now in the new sizes? I know they say to go look at the size chart on each shirt's page, but then I was also told by customer service that they all switched over sometime around end of February. However, most of the shirts still seem to have the old size chart attached. I'm confused and just ordered a men's small becuase it's the same old or new and seemed close to the old WL that I'm used to.

My comment on how the new sizes fit are that the WL I ordered was gigantic. I actually thought they sent me a Men's Large (no W on the tag) and got a replacement shirt that was exactly the same! I'm guessing I'll agree with the other comments that the shirts are now huge.

Please provide soem clarity on which shirts are using which size charts! Thanks!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
kep5003 wrote:
Please provide soem clarity on which shirts are using which size charts! Thanks!

At the moment, you need to check the size chart for each shirt individually, because different shirts are printing on different combinations of blanks: for example, a shirt might be Anvil in women's sizes, AA in men's sizes, and Anvil in children's sizes. On the main page for each shirt, there's an orange box at the bottom of the page that says "Remember the Supreme Law of Online Apparel Shopping: check the sizing chart before you buy," and the sizing chart for that shirt is listed.

There's two ways to tell if a shirt is on AA or Anvil: if all of the measurements are in whole inches, it's on Anvil; if the measurement include lots of 5/16th of an inch, it's on AA. Plus, the bottom of the size chart, it says "shirt made in ____": "USA" is AA; Honduras/Nicaragua is Anvil. As a short-cut, I've been keeping a list of shirts printing on AA in the Reckoning thread. However, my list is dependent on information from woot, and some shirts that were supposed to print on AA have been showing up on Anvil, but service.woot has been great about offering refunds if that happens. Woot seems to update the AA/Anvil information as the Reckoning turns over and I expect there will be some shirts/sizes turning over from AA to Anvil to 13 minutes.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass
badlass wrote:After a warm water wash and hang dry (what i do to all my shirts) the shirt looks pretty much the same as before.

Overall, even though it fits me just fine, I'm getting my next Anvil shirt in MM and unsure which one I'd like better.

Last update to this thread. I found the Anvil MM (Slow Morning) close enough to the AA MM shirts. Even though Anvil WL fits me ok, if I ever loose weight, it'll be too big. So in the end, I'll stick to buying MM shirts still.

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

I used to wear a AA MXL, but I decided to try the new Anvil WXL. It fits almost exactly like the AA MXL. The only real differences I noticed were the larger neck hole and the smaller print.

It seems to me that the Anvil women's shirts are too similar to the men's shirts. They're almost exactly the same sizes, and the sleeves are quite long.

It's unfortunate, because the women who could wear the AA men's shirts comfortably can wear either the Anvil women's or men's shirts. However, those that could not wear the AA men's shirts are out of luck.

Especially considering the fact that the print is smaller, why even have Anvil women's shirts? If you're not filling a sizing gap, then why bother?

zombi3bunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombi3bunny

You guys need an XS because the new small does not fit me and if i can't get shirts that fit I wont want to buy them anymore I am very sad!

tiggertc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiggertc
Rachel0982 wrote:Ditto this. The sleeves seem a little long on the MS to me, but IMO longer sleeves are better than poofy tummy any day. I have some WS that are supposedly in my apartment office that I will try to pick up tomorrow and check out. I would be glad to post comparison pics if anyone is interested. I can do all of the sizes I have unwashed and washed + dried in the dryer on med high. I have AA WL, Anvil WM, Anvil WS, and Anvil MS. Not going to take the time if there's no interest... way too lazy for that.

I'm interested! I can't figure out how to find all your posts to see if you have done this. I used to wear the AA WL and now I don't know if I want the Anvil WM or WS... or the Anvil MS! Please let me know the differences in width and length to the old AA WL even if you don't post pics. THANKS MUCH!!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

tiggertc wrote:I'm interested! I can't figure out how to find all your posts to see if you have done this. I used to wear the AA WL and now I don't know if I want the Anvil WM or WS... or the Anvil MS! Please let me know the differences in width and length to the old AA WL even if you don't post pics. THANKS MUCH!!!

Just in case you haven't seen them--though I'm sure you have--there are tons of different photos posted back throughout this thread and also in this thread (I've got a bunch posted in the latter and I'm a solid AA WL, if it helps). I know you specifically want measurements, but perhaps photos will work 'til someone obliges.

Oh, and to look through a person's previous posts, you click on their username. This will take you to their userpage, where you can find previews of all their recent comments across woot sites. Unfortunately, it's kinda wonky at the moment, so it doesn't necessarily load recent comments (or load at all, sometimes). When it does work, that's how you see a user's previous comments.

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
tiggertc wrote:I'm interested! I can't figure out how to find all your posts to see if you have done this. I used to wear the AA WL and now I don't know if I want the Anvil WM or WS... or the Anvil MS! Please let me know the differences in width and length to the old AA WL even if you don't post pics. THANKS MUCH!!!

I haven't pictured yet! I'm going to try to convince hubby to patiently take a billion (really more like eight, but he'll act like it's a billion) pictures tonight. I would have done it sooner but ended up having a rather unfortunately busy week.

elisabethmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elisabethmd

I had completely missed this, until I got a t-shirt today, that was weird shaped. I thought for sure this was a MXL, not a WXL, as ordered, but customer service told me otherwise. I am so disappointed. Just the other day I mentioned how I wish my tees were a bit longer. Both me and my fiancé (wears a ML, both before and after) have tried it on, but the fit is just weird on both of us.

I've looked at the sizing chart, and I'm realizing that unless the sizes are changing again, I've bought my last t-shirt here. The new ones won't fit me, and I don't like the mens tees.

ETA: I just checked now, and I can't believe they haven't made the announcement for this larger. On my screen I can't even see the little orange notice about checking the size chart witouth scrolling quite a bit. When I check for a new tee, I'm never "down there". That message should have popped up when you're ordering the new tees, especially if you order womens tees!

KristinWeeks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KristinWeeks
elisabethmd wrote:I had completely missed this, until I got a t-shirt today, that was weird shaped. I thought for sure this was a MXL, not a WXL, as ordered, but customer service told me otherwise. I am so disappointed. Just the other day I mentioned how I wish my tees were a bit longer. Both me and my fiancé (wears a ML, both before and after) have tried it on, but the fit is just weird on both of us.

I've looked at the sizing chart, and I'm realizing that unless the sizes are changing again, I've bought my last t-shirt here. The new ones won't fit me, and I don't like the mens tees.

ETA: I just checked now, and I can't believe they haven't made the announcement for this larger. On my screen I can't even see the little orange notice about checking the size chart witouth scrolling quite a bit. When I check for a new tee, I'm never "down there". That message should have popped up when you're ordering the new tees, especially if you order womens tees!

You sound just like me. Mine is being sorted out by customer service(Thanks Tyler!) but I went from the old WM or WL to a Men's Small. Why not a WS? Because the length of the new shirt design is so much shorter. I defaulted to the MS because a replacement was offered.

I don't bother to scroll down either...I've been buying these for years. I see what the design is, click to buy it and leave.

I don't yet know how it will fit exactly. That will be the determining factor as to whether I keep buying Woot shirts. I was between a WM and WL, and there really isn't a true equivalent to those anymore. I also wished those were a tad longer, hence the WL purchases in the past. Hopefully the Men's Small will be close.

elisabethmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elisabethmd
KristinWeeks wrote:You sound just like me. Mine is being sorted out by customer service(Thanks Tyler!) but I went from the old WM or WL to a Men's Small. Why not a WS? Because the length of the new shirt design is so much shorter. I defaulted to the MS because a replacement was offered.

I don't bother to scroll down either...I've been buying these for years. I see what the design is, click to buy it and leave.

I don't yet know how it will fit exactly. That will be the determining factor as to whether I keep buying Woot shirts. I was between a WM and WL, and there really isn't a true equivalent to those anymore. I also wished those were a tad longer, hence the WL purchases in the past. Hopefully the Men's Small will be close.

Yeah, I wonder if I'll hear anything more from customer service. It didn't sound like it, and that disappoints me. I may not have been the customer that buys the most, I had 10 or 11 orders since June. I have been buying shirts for both myself and my fiancé, but I'll stop buying for him too, because I don't feel that this has been communicated well enough.

I'm just lucky that I didn't threw more money out of the window by buying more "wrong sized" tees. Being international it takes a few weeks for the shirts to arrive.

Apricottarte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apricottarte

Adding my experience.

I used to order AA wxl
The bust was a little snug and I wished it was a smidge longer but otherwise the fit was flattering.

I'm tall but short-waisted with an ordinarily appealing hourglass shape and the new Anvil wl cut makes me look so dowdy and matronly. The waist is huge, the 'hips' on the tshirt are huge, and even around my chest the fit gapes at the back (such a bizarre, unflattering fit) and just skimmed my bewbs. Given that shape in a large, it also visually looks too short. I might as well have been wearing a sack with sleeves.

I can't imagine ordering the wm either because it will be wayyy too short and I think still too wide. So, I too have been sized out of the women's tshirts and I am quite curvy.

Sad times.

paskon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paskon
neuropsychosocial wrote:At the moment, you need to check the size chart for each shirt individually, because different shirts are printing on different combinations of blanks: for example, a shirt might be Anvil in women's sizes, AA in men's sizes, and Anvil in children's sizes. On the main page for each shirt, there's an orange box at the bottom of the page that says "Remember the Supreme Law of Online Apparel Shopping: check the sizing chart before you buy," and the sizing chart for that shirt is listed.

There's two ways to tell if a shirt is on AA or Anvil: if all of the measurements are in whole inches, it's on Anvil; if the measurement include lots of 5/16th of an inch, it's on AA. Plus, the bottom of the size chart, it says "shirt made in ____": "USA" is AA; Honduras/Nicaragua is Anvil. As a short-cut, I've been keeping a list of shirts printing on AA in the Reckoning thread. However, my list is dependent on information from woot, and some shirts that were supposed to print on AA have been showing up on Anvil, but service.woot has been great about offering refunds if that happens. Woot seems to update the AA/Anvil information as the Reckoning turns over and I expect there will be some shirts/sizes turning over from AA to Anvil to 13 minutes.

Well, I'm really confused and NOT happy. This is the first time I have ordered woot shirts. I ordered the Pirate (space)ship shirt for my daughter. I ordered WM, which according to the size chart should have been 19" wide. I received a teeny tiny WM that is 16 1/2" wide, but it was made in Honduras, which I thought was Anvil?? I also ordered her a WM in Nevermore, so I supposed that it will be too small too (it's supposed to arrive on monday). I was going to order her a different shirt to make up for it (Fire and Ice) but I really can't tell from the info what size the WM will be. She paid for the Pirate shirt out of her allowance. Why can't woot make it clear what size you will actually be getting?

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
paskon wrote:Well, I'm really confused and NOT happy. This is the first time I have ordered woot shirts. I ordered the Pirate (space)ship shirt for my daughter. I ordered WM, which according to the size chart should have been 19" wide. I received a teeny tiny WM that is 16 1/2" wide, but it was made in Honduras, which I thought was Anvil?? I also ordered her a WM in Nevermore, so I supposed that it will be too small too (it's supposed to arrive on monday). I was going to order her a different shirt to make up for it (Fire and Ice) but I really can't tell from the info what size the WM will be. She paid for the Pirate shirt out of her allowance. Why can't woot make it clear what size you will actually be getting?

I think you should email customer service regarding the pirate ship shirt. It clearly says it's on Anvil on the sizing chart and even an WS is supposed to be 17 inchs, so something is wrong there.

However, Nevermore is on AA (or at least mine was, I just got it). Their WM is 16 1/2 inchs, so I am not sure how helpful they will be on that one. If at all.

turtle928

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtle928

First off, a big thanks to Tyler for trying to help remedy my shirt size situation. I had ordered "Slow Morning" in a size WM and when I received it, it was HUGE (no, I didn't read the forums before that incident, so I had no idea about the size change). Luckily I was sent another shirt free of charge, but still, the WS is enormous. I'm going to have it altered because I love the shirt but it's just way too big. I'm a petite girl, and the same size at your tester girl (5 feet tall, 100 lbs.) but I'm sorry, the WS does NOT fit perfectly. I purposely buy my shirts from special places like you guys because they don't cater to everyone like WalMart does, which typically makes the fit much better.

I am a huge turtle fan - everything I own has at least one turtle on it. Every time there is a turtle shirt for sale, it's pretty much an instant buy for me..so yesterday, to see the "Leonardo" shirt, and know that it wasn't going to fit like the old shirts, I had to pass up the buy.

After reading many comments in this thread, it seems like I'm not the only one. I'm extremely sorry shirt.woot, but you may have lost a customer here. I don't want to have to work at washing and drying my shirt just to get it to be the right size so I can wear it comfortably, so PLEASE make us an XS.

viviankb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viviankb

I'm the same size as you. I was accidentally sent an Anvil WS instead of AA in my most recent order, and it fit me like a short, loose, flared tunic. Very unflattering and not something I would ever wear!

I've been taking screenshots of the size charts for all my AA orders (which are, of course, waning), just in case the shirts arrive on Anvil.

turtle928 wrote:I'm a petite girl, and the same size at your tester girl (5 feet tall, 100 lbs.) but I'm sorry, the WS does NOT fit perfectly. I purposely buy my shirts from special places like you guys because they don't cater to everyone like WalMart does, which typically makes the fit much better.

After reading many comments in this thread, it seems like I'm not the only one. I'm extremely sorry shirt.woot, but you may have lost a customer here. I don't want to have to work at washing and drying my shirt just to get it to be the right size so I can wear it comfortably, so PLEASE make us an XS.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27

I finally got around to washing and line-drying my After All This Time (Anvil WS, prewash pic on page 13 of this thread). The postwash fit is worse than the prewash. It lost a LOT of length, as others have noted, and the "boat neck" feel seems more pronounced. Before, I had a ton of room in the waist, and I could bunch the shirt up above my hips to hide the bell effect. Now, it's about as long as an AA WS, so it hits at about the top of the zipper on my jeans.

But there's that problem of the bell effect. Now that the shirt is so much shorter, it loosely sits on my hips and sort of baggily triangles up to the chest. I put on some weight this past year, and the shirt practically feels like it's screaming "Look at me, my hips are too big and I'm trying to lose weight!" because of the wide bell. But when I DO get back to my normal size, it will just hang even more loosely and look like it doesn't fit. The AA WS didn't have that effect on my hips because it hung straight and didn't wrap my hips at all.

The only place the Anvil fits better than the AA is in the chest, but I'm, like, a D with a small waist, so the AA was always good in the waist but snug up top. And now that I've washed it, there's like this super-baggy region right under the boob-zone that just looks weird.

I just took a shower and my hair's still wet. Maybe I'll post an update photo when it's dry. But I'm sad.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
turtle928 wrote:I don't want to have to work at washing and drying my shirt just to get it to be the right size so I can wear it comfortably, so PLEASE make us an XS.

Narfcake discovered that the Anvil women's XS only comes in white and black, so unfortunately, that's not a realistic "solution" to the loss of AA WS/WM.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

turtle928

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtle928
neuropsychosocial wrote:Narfcake discovered that the Anvil women's XS only comes in white and black, so unfortunately, that's not a realistic "solution" to the loss of AA WS/WM.

Ugh. Is it any kind of an option to carry BOTH blanks?? Then we can specify when we order?

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
turtle928 wrote:Ugh. Is it any kind of an option to carry BOTH blanks?? Then we can specify when we order?

That would eat into their profit lines...

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
Narfcake wrote:That would eat into their profit lines...

I think once they run out of AA blanks they'll start losing a significant chunk of their core crowd. And once the people who only buy a shirt every couple of months figure out that the shirt blanks are no longer the same and they end up fitting all wonky, they probably won't be coming back too often.

So I think it may take a while to see the real impact of the new blanks.

Then again, maybe you'll get a new influx of people who love low quality shirts with Ramy turnbunguin prints that are offered like twice a week...

Narfcake

newnie wrote:Then again, maybe you'll get a new influx of people who love low quality shirts with Ramy turnbunguin prints that are offered like twice a week...

I'm pretty sure Woot was betting for this.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

I know I defended the new shirts before and overall, I do think the new cut fits my body type better than the AA did. However, I did notice that my Anvil shirt is wearing out way too quickly. I've worn it 2 or 3 times and already a portion of the shirt is rough and pilling. I didn't experience the shirt flaring out or the neck stretching out, but to have a shirt wear out like that so quickly just screams cheap fabric.

Narfcake

aerc712 wrote:... However, I did notice that my Anvil shirt is wearing out way too quickly. I've worn it 2 or 3 times and already a portion of the shirt is rough and pilling. ...

This is the same reason why I don't buy Threadless anymore ...

dragoness188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragoness188

Not particularly happy about the new women's sizes. It seems to fit like a guy's shirt with a slightly wider bottom hem. I buy girl shirts so I won't have that awkward drape from my boobs or the space triangle under them, in other words a shirt that actually fits my body instead of just covering it.

I understand that women's sizing can be difficult, everyone has a different ratio of bust:waist:hips. I'm just sad that one of the few places that sold a shirt that did fit me is no longer selling them.

cakelynn42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakelynn42

I really want to buy a shirt, but I don't know whether to get a WS or a WM! I have so little money. >_< I hear some girls my height say the WS is too big, but the AA WS was too short on me, and it was 25 3/4" long, so shouldn't the 25" be way too short? *shivers* I don't want to make a mistake. u.u

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cakelynn42 wrote:I really want to buy a shirt, but I don't know whether to get a WS or a WM! I have so little money. >_< I hear some girls my height say the WS is too big, but the AA WS was too short on me, and it was 25 3/4" long, so shouldn't the 25" be way too short? *shivers* I don't want to make a mistake. u.u

Pick a shirt that you like out of your closet and measure it. Compare those measurements to the size chart. Allow a bit of room for shrinkage, especially if you dry your shirts.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
cakelynn42 wrote:I really want to buy a shirt, but I don't know whether to get a WS or a WM! I have so little money. >_< I hear some girls my height say the WS is too big, but the AA WS was too short on me, and it was 25 3/4" long, so shouldn't the 25" be way too short? *shivers* I don't want to make a mistake. u.u

If an AA WS is too short on you, the Anvil WS will be too short. If you fit in an AA WS other than the length, the Anvil WM will be too big.

cakelynn42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakelynn42

Thank you so much for your replies!! I feel much better about ordering a shirt now :D I'm sure I'll post the results if it's a help when I obtain them.

ThunderThighs wrote:Pick a shirt that you like out of your closet and measure it. Compare those measurements to the size chart. Allow a bit of room for shrinkage, especially if you dry your shirts.

I've actually recently evaluated my shirt measurements from six different sites, and none of them are similar to Woot's, but it's good to see my idea confirmed ^^

elankat wrote:If an AA WS is too short on you, the Anvil WS will be too short. If you fit in an AA WS other than the length, the Anvil WM will be too big.

Alrighty! Looks like I'll try the Anvil WM, and hope for the best!

morwen1031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morwen1031

Just ordered my first shirt from TeeFury and I gotta say I am loving it. I got a WM and the fit there is way closer (if not even better) than the WM on the AA blanks that used to be available here. If the new WS that woot uses isn't passable for me, I'm going to be spending more of my dollars over at TeeFury.

janet08742

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janet08742
elisabethmd wrote:I had completely missed this, until I got a t-shirt today, that was weird shaped. I thought for sure this was a MXL, not a WXL, as ordered, but customer service told me otherwise. I am so disappointed. Just the other day I mentioned how I wish my tees were a bit longer. Both me and my fiancé (wears a ML, both before and after) have tried it on, but the fit is just weird on both of us.

You posting is exactly what I experienced today. The last time I got a women's shirt from Woot is fit snug. I was not aware of the size change. Big disappointment. I usually buy shirts for my son and had no problems. This women's shirt looks like men's. Not happy.

heyjoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie
quabaq wrote:

It's unfortunate, because the women who could wear the AA men's shirts comfortably can wear either the Anvil women's or men's shirts. However, those that could not wear the AA men's shirts are out of luck.

elisabethmd wrote:

I second everything these ladies are saying. I'm just now getting around to really looking into all this (fortunately, the shirt I want seems to be being offered in AA sizes), but it looks like I'm not going to be able to buy Woot tees anymore once they make the switch. I don't buy tons, but it really disappoints me. I suppose this change really is absolutely definite? No chance of sticking with AA for women's sizes?

morwen1031 wrote:Just ordered my first shirt from TeeFury and I gotta say I am loving it. I got a WM and the fit there is way closer (if not even better) than the WM on the AA blanks that used to be available here. If the new WS that woot uses isn't passable for me, I'm going to be spending more of my dollars over at TeeFury.

I've only ordered one TeeFury shirt, but I loved the fit and quality as well.

radiotik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radiotik

Oh man I am so glad I found this thread before I bought anymore shirts from woot! YIKES!

I'm sad to say that you will have to count me as another person who can't buy from woot anymore. For those of us who are NOT busty (even when I was overweight, I wore an AA Women's medium) and who think the AA Women's small is about the best fit they ever had for a tshirt, it looks like there is no alternative. The new small is huge and cut weird. The child's shirt isn't cut right and has long sleeves.

This is just such a freakin shame. I check shirt woot every day hoping to snap up, well, anything with a whale or an octopus on it, plus others. Now I suppose I won't bother. This is sad!

Am I the only one who finds it weird that woot didn't think eliminating smaller sizes would be a problem? Are there any plans afoot to do something about it?

viviankb

Yesterday I received my 4 most recent shirt orders, all on AA (thank god -- no last minute switches!). I was very pleased.

However, I did notice that my In addition to your radishes, I will take this shirt has a HUGE design image! It's the size of the men's design (13"x10.94") on my women's medium shirt. Women's design is supposed to be 9.75” x 8.2”.

Someone else mentioned the same problem with that shirt -- I can't find which post it was. I'm curious why little problems like this are cropping up.

Edited to add: I'd also like to commend Tyler at customer service for fast and helpful responses!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

viviankb wrote:Yesterday I received my 4 most recent shirt orders, all on AA (thank god -- no last minute switches!). I was very pleased.

However, I did notice that my In addition to your radishes, I will take this shirt has a HUGE design image! It's the size of the men's design (13"x10.94") on my women's medium shirt. Women's design is supposed to be 9.75” x 8.2”.

Someone else mentioned the same problem with that shirt -- I can't find which post it was. I'm curious why little problems like this are cropping up.

The first person to bring up the issue with the "In addition to your radishes..." was here.

I have the exact same issue with my WL "In addition to your radishes..." The print is obviously from the men's larger template, the design itself is pixelated, and the colours are seriously over-saturated. It doesn't have that dreamy Peter Rabbit watercolour illo feel AT ALL. I've not written in to service because... well, the shirt is technically ok? I mean, it's not at all like the one I bought during the original run, but the design is centered, the layers are correctly printed, the shirt itself is fine... I dunno.

I'm actually really leery of buying shirts from the side sales now. In my limited experience, quality control in the reprinted shirts has been bad. It's like they went "oh, we only sold 27 of this reprint? To hell with the effort of getting out and setting up the correct templates for each size--let's use the same large one for all the shirts and we'll just shove the design onto the smaller shirts somehow." Which, if they're being printed on Anvil, they SHOULD be using men's larger sized templates, since the women's sizes are all men's-sized now. But with the remaining AA, they should be using the correct smaller template.

I have two t-shirts coming in soon/eventually and I'm really quite concerned over what I'll be getting. The hoodies, long-sleeves, totes, and zip-ups that I've bought have been perfect, but every t-shirt has had something wrong with it.

I'll take and edit into this post a comparison photo of my original run and new shirt at some point eventually but hopefully soonish.

viviankb

Please do post a comparison photo of the two shirts when you get a chance! I'm curious to see how they differ.

goldenthorn wrote:The first person to bring up the issue with the "In addition to your radishes..." was here.

I have the exact same issue with my WL "In addition to your radishes..." The print is obviously from the men's larger template, the design itself is pixelated, and the colours are seriously over-saturated. It doesn't have that dreamy Peter Rabbit watercolour illo feel AT ALL. I've not written in to service because... well, the shirt is technically ok? I mean, it's not at all like the one I bought during the original run, but the design is centered, the layers are correctly printed, the shirt itself is fine... I dunno.

I'm actually really leery of buying shirts from the side sales now. In my limited experience, quality control in the reprinted shirts has been bad. It's like they went "oh, we only sold 27 of this reprint? To hell with the effort of getting out and setting up the correct templates for each size--let's use the same large one for all the shirts and we'll just shove the design onto the smaller shirts somehow." Which, if they're being printed on Anvil, they SHOULD be using men's larger sized templates, since the women's sizes are all men's-sized now. But with the remaining AA, they should be using the correct smaller template.

I have two t-shirts coming in soon/eventually and I'm really quite concerned over what I'll be getting. The hoodies, long-sleeves, totes, and zip-ups that I've bought have been perfect, but every t-shirt has had something wrong with it.

I'll take and edit into this post a comparison photo of my original run and new shirt at some point eventually but hopefully soonish.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
goldenthorn wrote:The first person to bring up the issue with the "In addition to your radishes..." was here.

Quality of those prints should be no different than the daily sales -- same folks, same press, same standards. If you feel like you received a poor quality print, please do write service! They have no otter joy in life!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.