februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
kreine60 wrote:I missed it and was also shocked by insulting use of "beanpole" to describe my rocking body - it's rude and derogatory.

haha, I'm the opposite! Maybe it's because I'm 5'6", with curves but not overweight. Add to that the fact that I developed pretty late and was pretty serious into dancing from age two up through high school, and I'd LOVE to be considered a "beanpole." haha. The short kids were always in the front in dancing, so I hated being one of the taller kids. And when I was in 9th grade and suddenly had hips and a chest I started feeling like the "fat girl" in class when I was still on the thin-to-average size. I can't seem to get myself out of the mindset that "beanpole" = compliment.

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but this is a long thread and I haven't been able to go through the whole thing yet. People have said that the new ladies' tees shrink quite a bit, at least lengthwise. Does anyone know if they shrink in the shoulders at all? My tees are always too big in the shoulders, and by that I mean the shoulders are too wide. The seam at the top of the sleeve falls somewhere on my bicep instead of the top of my shoulder. I've compared the Womens XL and the Mens L pre-wash and the shoulders in the Womens XL seem to be even bigger than the Mens L. I would order a Womens L, but I'm scared it would shrink too much, since going by the size chart, it seems the chest would already be on the small size.

maldrina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maldrina

To preface, I am *NOT* a small woman at all.
But... a women's Large is now a Size Small? Are you kidding me? Now I need an Extra Small??? This is fairly Binksian. FYI gals, the new girlie shirts are just slightly smaller guys' shirts, they're not fitted anymore.
Sucks I can't buy from here anymore.
Threadless here I come.

kep5003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kep5003

Ladies sizes suck. I liked the women's large in the old style and now a women's medium is too big. I don't dare try a women's small because the measurements seem too small. I've switched over to men's small and it's decent but I still miss the old sizes.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
maldrina wrote:Sucks I can't buy from here anymore.
Threadless here I come.

I found their quality to be rather underwhelming. They used to be AA, then to FotL, then to Bangladesh, then to India, and these days, I have no idea where their blanks are made in.

ETA: Threadless has gone back made in USA blanks! Not all, but at least the new runs are.

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
maldrina wrote:To preface, I am *NOT* a small woman at all.
But... a women's Large is now a Size Small? Are you kidding me? Now I need an Extra Small??? This is fairly Binksian. FYI gals, the new girlie shirts are just slightly smaller guys' shirts, they're not fitted anymore.
Sucks I can't buy from here anymore.
Threadless here I come.

They might not be fitted like AA's Women's tees, but there are differences. The Womens' tees have cap sleeves, while the Men's are longer. Not that you can notice much since the shoulders are huge (at least in my case).

sunrisehomeland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunrisehomeland

I read through the entire thread, and I saw lots of discussion from women who are smaller and these shirts are large for them, and women who did not fit into AA WXL, but what about women who were wearing AA WXL comfortably?

I'm a little disappointed about this news of the change in shirts, because I bought my first woot shirt not too long ago, and it is my favorite fitting t-shirt in my whole wardrobe.
The AA WXL is a perfect fit for me.
Does anyone have any experience or recommendation for their anvil shirt size when going from an AA WXL?

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

I wish there was a thread we could subscribe to only to be notified if and when they change the T's they're using. I won't check back regularly to dig through the site and see if the sizing and shirts have changed. I'd just like to know if there will ever be an opportunity to find a shirt that fits me here.

My array of Woot! shirts now feel like retro classics to treasure. I know that I won't be getting anymore after a the disappointing arrival of a great design with a new, bulky shirt that I truly thought to be an error. I contacted Woot! believing it to be man's small shirt rather than a ladies; I was wrong. I can't buy any more shirts here. It's a real bummer.

Would it be wrong to use my Woot! cast iron skillet to lay some smack down to whoever is leaving the ladies T's in this miserable state?

dioxazine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dioxazine
sunrisehomeland wrote:I read through the entire thread, and I saw lots of discussion from women who are smaller and these shirts are large for them, and women who did not fit into AA WXL, but what about women who were wearing AA WXL comfortably?

Does anyone have any experience or recommendation for their anvil shirt size when going from an AA WXL?

The AA WXL fit me perfectly, so the logical size down would have been the Anvil WM... but after about a half hour of wearing it, its so stretched out that I look like I'm wearing a tent.

I've gone to the Anvil WS which is small at first but fits ok after its tent-a-fied.

sunrisehomeland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunrisehomeland
dioxazine wrote:The AA WXL fit me perfectly, so the logical size down would have been the Anvil WM... but after about a half hour of wearing it, its so stretched out that I look like I'm wearing a tent.

I've gone to the Anvil WS which is small at first but fits ok after its tent-a-fied.

Thank you that is very helpful!
I would think the anvil WM would be the closest bet, too. Are you very tall? I'm 5'9", I'd say average torso length relative to my height, so WS seems like it might be too short.

Narfcake

sunrisehomeland wrote:Thank you that is very helpful!
I would think the anvil WM would be the closest bet, too. Are you very tall? I'm 5'9", I'd say average torso length relative to my height, so WS seems like it might be too short.

I think some gals are finding that MS works out better than any of the women's sizes. The sleeves will still be oversized and the neckhole will still be giant, but at least there's no "bell effect" or "shoulder poofs"

Or your could just forget about Woot completely and shop elsewhere. GoodJoe printing on AA = Narf spends $ there instead.

zeejayem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeejayem

Look woot bounty hunteres, I've worked (well, actually it was the easiest thing I've ever done) on becoming the beautiful sexy asssed beanpole that I am now and I do not appreciate you guys changing things with my favorite shirts in the Universe. Ordering shirts now is a pain in my ass since I can't tell which version I'm getting. You still have old size charts on some shirts.. so does that mean you guys haven't updated your system or does that mean we are getting what's being advertised? Or am I just bounty huntering and being lazy? Expect me to be lazy, I'm the customer. I expect ordering from you to be click and go, not all this mess.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
zeejayem wrote:You still have old size charts on some shirts.. so does that mean you guys haven't updated your system or does that mean we are getting what's being advertised?

The latter. This post has more detailed information, if you're interested. It's definitely a little confusing right now, but it only takes a second to see if a design is on the "old" or "new" shirts once you learn how to read the sizing chart.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

dioxazine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dioxazine
sunrisehomeland wrote:Thank you that is very helpful! I would think the anvil WM would be the closest bet, too. Are you very tall? I'm 5'9", I'd say average torso length relative to my height, so WS seems like it might be too short.

I'm only 5'3" so the shorter shirt is ok on me, I don't know if I'd try it at 5'9", you'd probably have a belly shirt!

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I'm one who actually likes the fit of the new Anvil shirts since my shape is a rather exaggerated hourglass.
My question is, has anyone had success tailoring these shirts? I'm in the process of losing weight and I'm hoping that since they have side seams I'll be able to take them in when I go down a size or two. I know the shoulders wouldn't be able to be changed without some serious sewing skills, but I'd like to be able to wear the shirts I have without them being baggy in the body.

taylasablerose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylasablerose

I saw the post about the change in suppliers a couple of months ago, but didn't think much of it. Today I got 2 new Women's cut shirts, very happy to be able to wear that cut again. Except that they are TENTS. I'm so disappointed. I worked hard to get back to this size and the Woot shirts I so looked forward to ordering aren't available.

I would send these back if I could, I guess instead they will become gardening shirts. I've ordered 80-some shirts but no more. Not with such a dramatic move toward the unwearable(And moving to a non-US supplier).

I'm *NOT* a beanpole. I'm DD busty and Tall, and these things are huge even on me.

Woot, you suck.

As for there not being a weight/quality difference? Not true. I held the new black Anvil shirt up next to a 2 year old black Woot AA shirt. The AA shirt is still heavier and softer than this brand new shirt.

Woots x7 Shirt Woots x81

taylasablerose

Btw, the statements in the Reckoning thread appear not to be correct for which shirts are printing on which blanks. Aztec Sunset is listing Anvil dimensions, not AA.

Woots x7 Shirt Woots x81

neuropsychosocial

taylasablerose wrote:Btw, the statements in the Reckoning thread appear not to be correct for which shirts are printing on which blanks. Aztec Sunset is listing Anvil dimensions, not AA.

No, the list in the Reckoning thread is correct: Aztec Sunset is listing Anvil dimensions for men's sizes and AA dimensions for women's and kids' sizes. If you look at the list, you'll notice that after a shirt's title, I have the sizes printing on AA listed in parentheses, so the listing for Aztec Sunset is: Aztec Sunset (women, kids).

taylasablerose

neuropsychosocial wrote:No, the list in the Reckoning thread is correct: Aztec Sunset is listing Anvil dimensions for men's sizes and AA dimensions for women's and kids' sizes. If you look at the list, you'll notice that after a shirt's title, I have the sizes printing on AA listed in parentheses, so the listing for Aztec Sunset is: Aztec Sunset (women, kids).

I can't post a screen shot, but here's a copy of what I see on the sizing chart page:

Features
Fiber Content:
4.5 oz 100% Combed Ringspun Cotton
Manufactured in:
USA (Kids') and Honduras / Nicaragua (Men's, Women's)
Printed in:
Carrollton, Texas, USA

Please note that it says the foreign manufacture for mens AND womens, it also lists the Anvil dimensions for Women's sizes but this post function barfed every time I try to include that info.

I was fully aware of what the Reckoning thread said, and it's not what I see on the Aztec Sunset sizing chart.

The only shirt I see still printing on the AA women's blanks according to the sizing chart is the NightMeow on Elm Street.

Woots x7 Shirt Woots x81

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
taylasablerose wrote:I can't post a screen shot, but here's a copy of what I see on the sizing chart page:

Features
Fiber Content:
Manufactured in:
Printed in:
Carrollton, Texas, USA

I was fully aware of what the Reckoning thread said, and it's not what I see on the Aztec Sunset sizing chart.

The only shirt I see still printing on the AA women's blanks according to the sizing chart is the NightMeow on Elm Street.

I can post screen shots

So now I wonder, can there be a regional difference? I know Neuro and I are both in California.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

neuropsychosocial

taylasablerose wrote:I can't post a screen shot, but here's a copy of what I see on the sizing chart page:

Features
Fiber Content:
Manufactured in:
Printed in:
Carrollton, Texas, USA

Please note that it says the foreign manufacture for mens AND womens, it also lists the Anvil dimensions for Women's sizes but this post function barfed every time I try to include that info.

I am not sure what you are looking at, but I am seeing very different information; I even booted up an old computer that hasn't been turned on in three months in order to double-check the sizing charts from another computer. Here's a screenshot of the Aztec Sunset sizing chart:
(click to make bigger) As you can see, women's and kids' sizes are being printed on blanks made in the USA and the measurements include all the 3/8th and 1/16th of the AA sizes (Anvil sizes are all whole numbers). If you are continuing to have problems displaying the sizing charts, we can probably talk you through taking and posting a screen shot so we can help, or you could try service@woot.com.

neuropsychosocial

bounty42 wrote:
So now I wonder, can there be a regional difference? I know Neuro and I are both in California.

Nope, not in California. At least not for another month.

Narfcake

bounty42 wrote:So now I wonder, can there be a regional difference? I know Neuro and I are both in California.

I'm in SoCal, and it's showing up as /110.

My guess is that they just switched over in the past hour.

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:I'm in SoCal, and it's showing up as /110.

My guess is that they just switched over in the past few hours.

How the heck are Bounty and I seeing one sizing chart, and two others seeing a different sizing chart, at the same time? I'm so confused! AS I mentioned, I'm currently on a computer that hadn't loaded these shirts before, just in case my cache-clearing on my usual computer hadn't worked properly.

ETA: Narfcake and Bounty, if you're still around, could you double-check the other shirts still "listed" as printing on AA?

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:How the heck are Bounty and I seeing one sizing chart, and two others seeing a different sizing chart, at the same time? I'm so confused! AS I mentioned, I'm currently on a computer that hadn't loaded these shirts before, just in case my cache-clearing on my usual computer hadn't worked properly.

My only guess is that the page is being served by different servers in their cloud, and the page updates haven't propagated through all of them yet.

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:My only guess is that the page is being served by different servers in their cloud, and the page updates haven't propagated through all of them yet.

That would make sense, I suppose, but taylasablerose says that the sizing chart said Anvil for her yesterday. Would this explain that?

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:That would make sense, I suppose, but taylasablerose says that the sizing chart said Anvil for her yesterday. Would this explain that?

Hmmm ... now I'm just as confused.

FWIW, the other shirts do correspond to the post in the reckoning thread. This is the only shirt that appears to have the issue.

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:Hmmm ... now I'm just as confused.

FWIW, the other shirts do correspond to the post in the reckoning thread. This is the only shirt that appears to have the issue

(Sorry, my basement is flooding and I took a detour to vac up another two gallons of water. Argh.) Well, maybe tomorrow we can get an official woot update. Narfcake, thanks for taking the time to double-check the rest of the AA list; I feel slightly less frustrated/confused/totally incompetent now (I'm used to feeling mostly incompetent!).

Bounty, didn't realize where you were located. When I have a better idea of when I'll be where, I'll PM you, but my plans are still completely squishy.

taylasablerose

I'm glad neither of us are crazy! I did plan to order an Aztec yesterday, but it was the wrong blank.

And I do know how to take and post screen shots, I just assumed I couldn't do it to the forum. Dunno why I thought that. All the art pictures get dropped in.

I had never looked at the sizing charts before yesterday, so it shouldn't be a caching issue on my end.

Anyway, no more woot shirts for me.

To be fair, a friend tried on the 2 I bought and they did work for her. They looked like dresses on me with the flare at the hip. I know you can't please all the people all the time, but we seem to have traded shirts that only work for one body type for shirts that only work for a different body type. Rather unfortunate.

Woots x7 Shirt Woots x81

bounty42

taylasablerose wrote:I'm glad neither of us are crazy! I did plan to order an Aztec yesterday, but it was the wrong blank.

And I do know how to take and post screen shots, I just assumed I couldn't do it to the forum. Dunno why I thought that. All the art pictures get dropped in.

I had never looked at the sizing charts before yesterday, so it shouldn't be a caching issue on my end.

Anyway, no more woot shirts for me.

To be fair, a friend tried on the 2 I bought and they did work for her. They looked like dresses on me with the flare at the hip. I know you can't please all the people all the time, but we seem to have traded shirts that only work for one body type for shirts that only work for a different body type. Rather unfortunate.

There's a shirt that works for all body types: it's called Mens' ;)

If you could post a screen shot of what you're seeing, or maybe that code behind the link to the size chart, that could really help.

I have Shirt
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=20093
with sizing chart
http://shirt.woot.com/sizingchart/tee/100

FYI, the page is a Binary code, Mes-Womens-Kids where 1=Anvil and 0=AA

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

kuhtams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuhtams

I'm another one who's saddened by the lady size change. I used to wear the XL and it fit like a glove. Most perfect shirts ever, never had to think twice about the quality and fit (I like how it is long enough to cover your pants a bit even when sitting down). Now in order to get the measurements the same (about 19x28), I get to choose - Medium which will fit in the chest and be a belly shirt, or XL which will fit lengthwise and poof out like a sack on the top. I am no giant and I'm pretty busty, I don't get who these are supposed to flatter. I ordered one of the new ones by mistake and I seriously thought it was a men's size. In comparison my regular size looks like a baby shirt. The new one fits my 6'4" 200 lb boyfriend... too bad it has kitties!

neuropsychosocial

bounty42 wrote:
I have Shirt
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=20093
with sizing chart
http://shirt.woot.com/sizingchart/tee/100

Yup, that's the same chart I still have. Narfcake, what are you seeing today?

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:Yup, that's the same chart I still have. Narfcake, what are you seeing today?

Both on the desktop at work and my tablet (via the same DSL connection out of Whittier, CA), /110.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Don't know if this helps, but this is what I am seeing...

There's two different sizing chart links right next to each other... One's linking to 100, one's linking to 110...

(you may all bow in jealousy of my mad paint skillz)

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

neuropsychosocial

jezebelseven wrote:Don't know if this helps, but this is what I am seeing...

There's two different sizing chart links right next to each other... One's linking to 100, one's linking to 110... (you may all bow in jealousy of my mad paint skillz)

GENIUS. Also, MAD PAINT SKILLZ.

I think we have a new woot.joke: How many shirt.wooters does it take to read a sizing chart?

(I suspect this is going to create a major headache for woot, as I wouldn't be surprised if some women ordered because Aztec Sunset was on AA and some ordered because it was on Anvil. Whoops...)

ETA: I just emailed service, so hopefully they can clarify the sizing/blank for women's shirts.

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
taylasablerose wrote:

As for there not being a weight/quality difference? Not true. I held the new black Anvil shirt up next to a 2 year old black Woot AA shirt. The AA shirt is still heavier and softer than this brand new shirt.

I think this is sort of thing is subjective. I was telling my dude about the fuss with the shirts, and so I pulled out a brand new AA and a brand new Anvil and asked him to do a blind touch test. We then tried it with a washed version of each blank.

He said one was slightly softer, but that the difference was negligible, and he chalked it up to the fact that said shirt felt thinner. He assumed that was the Anvil shirt people were kvetching about, because it felt, he said, "pretty flimsy." He was surprised that the one he deemed 'slightly softer, but very flimsy' was the AA shirt in both cases.

I sometimes like my shirts really lightweight and thin, but only for actual blank shirts that need to be replaced frequently. Something with an awesome design on it that will be difficult to replace I would prefer to be a little more solid, without being heavy or course (which I don't personally find the Anvils to be).

TL;DR, texture, quality and preferred fit are still subjective.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
neuropsychosocial wrote:GENIUS. Also, MAD PAINT SKILLZ.

I think we have a new woot.joke: How many shirt.wooters does it take to read a sizing chart?

(I suspect this is going to create a major headache for woot, as I wouldn't be surprised if some women ordered because Aztec Sunset was on AA and some ordered because it was on Anvil. Whoops...)

ETA: I just emailed service, so hopefully they can clarify the sizing/blank for women's shirts.

I emailed them as well suggesting they clarify with anyone who ordered women's sizes. Hopefully they do... Otherwise it's gonna be some really annoyed women and some equally annoyed service folks dealing with making it right!

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

bounty42

jezebelseven wrote:I emailed them as well suggesting they clarify with anyone who ordered women's sizes. Hopefully they do... Otherwise it's gonna be some really annoyed women and some equally annoyed service folks dealing with making it right!

So now that we know there's 2, have we checked every other shirt on Woot to see if any are dual coded?

neuropsychosocial

Sizing chart for Aztec Sunset has been corrected: it's printing on AA in women's and kids' sizes, Anvil in men's sizes

bounty42 wrote:So now that we know there's 2, have we checked every other shirt on Woot to see if any are dual coded?

Oh goodness, it's not enough that Narfcake has been doing wootbot's job for months, now we need to play IT quality control?

I only checked the shirts on the Reckoning list that "should be" printing on AA; since woot doesn't pay me, I'm not interested in checking the rest!

Someday I hope to get a screaming monkey from woot as a thank-you. That would be nice. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

bounty42

neuropsychosocial wrote:Sizing chart for Aztec Sunset has been corrected: it's printing on AA in women's and kids' sizes, Anvil in men's sizes

Oh goodness, it's not enough that Narfcake has been doing wootbot's job for months, now we need to play IT quality control?

I only checked the shirts on the Reckoning list that "should be" printing on AA; since woot doesn't pay me, I'm not interested in checking the rest!

Someday I hope to get a screaming monkey from woot as a thank-you. That would be nice. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Or at least get your name in a write up right? You and I would be easy to work in, Neuro-psychological and bounty can be worked into a conversation with only a little wierdness. Working Narf-cake in would require the tale of Brain's Birthday I'm afraid.