sukeban

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sukeban

Well well, I support the new sizes and the curves in the new cut (^_^)b

Now let's see if they aren't too short. Will I get the Anvil shirts if I buy a Reckoning tee?

laurafoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy

I have to say I'm pretty psyched about this new sizing.

As for the AA vs. Anvil debate, I'm Canadian so it doesn't really matter to me where they're made.

But it does matter to me that the prices were raised due to inflation and then a new, cheaper blank has been adopted with no corresponding drop in prices.

Either way, I'm unemployed so I can't afford new shirts. (though I'd be more likely to find some cash for a $10 shirt than a $12 shirt)

Also, major kudos to ProfHotPants for being super helpful and responsive with all of this. It's quite appreciated.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

while we're on the size comparisons, can we also get pics of the old MM (and larger) shirts with the new WM/WL/WXL shirts? Most gals who couldn't fit into the old WXL went to men's sizes. I do think I'll enjoy the flare on the bottom of these new shirts. Not sure if I want today's design but want to know which W size I should try when I do see a design I like. Thanks!

misslyndaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misslyndaj
inspektordogge wrote:She seems to find wearing kid's sizes demoralizing, but maybe I can talk her into it She has a 32A chest and she's about 5'1"... But actually the size chart seems to imply that K12 is larger than WS? It seems as if the kids sizes that would fit her more flatteringly would also be much too short

I'm pretty small as well and kids shirts in general tend to be short and chubby, and therefore not flattering. I'm not tall (5'1") but I do need the length in my shirts.

ceotty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty

Well, I'm not sure what to think. According to this size chart I could actually go down two sizes, which would mean I'm losing 2 inches of length before any shrinkage. I have a pretty short torso, but still that's a lot of length to lose. On the other hand, I could go down one size and only lose 1 inch of length before any shrinking, but I'd have to start padding my bra.

I'm really at a loss here.

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

nzgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nzgirl

I love the new shapeliness, but what I'd _really_ like to see is a shirt with a bit more feminine styling. Specifically, a two inch lower neckline. I'm not suggesting t-shirts ought to show cleavage, but surely a little bit of collar bone isn't a bad thing...? Any chance of having two options for the ladies -- the current casual styling and something a little bit more girly?

nauticalspoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nauticalspoon

I'm pretty excited about the size change. Buying cute shirts in a men's cut only gets you so far these days. I have big girls (stonking great, really) and a long torso- let's hope they're long enough!

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass

Alright, I see posts from ladies who are shorter, but what about for those of us who are rather tall? I see that most of the lengths have been shortened

I stand at about 5'10", with just enough boobage to make this new shirt style borderline too short (and no, I have no desire to start a belly-hanging-out trend :P)...

Also VERY disappointed that this line isn't made in 'Murrca.

Sad day.

Thanks and Gig'em.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass
missredass wrote:Alright, I see posts from ladies who are shorter, but what about for those of us who are rather tall? I see that most of the lengths have been shortened

I stand at about 5'10", with just enough boobage to make this new shirt style borderline too short (and no, I have no desire to start a belly-hanging-out trend :P)...

Also VERY disappointed that this line isn't made in 'Murrca.

Sad day.

Hm... good point. I hadn't looked at the lengths too hard yet. Not too sure how much length I can loose from the old MM shirts before it's too short.

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
laurafoy wrote:
But it does matter to me that the prices were raised due to inflation and then a new, cheaper blank has been adopted with no corresponding drop in prices.

You and me both. It seems like a lot of people have expressed that and they just skim past it like no one is saying anything.....

ksteimle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksteimle

Whyyyyy are they shorter? I was already thinking of switching to Mens Small because the WXL slide up every time I sit down or raise my arms in the slightest.
A shirt that's 1.5 inches shorter sounds laughably terrible. I'm 5'2, petite, and VERY hourglassy - can one of the Woot ladies comment on whether the new hip shaping prevents the shirt from sliding up all the time?

khinthe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khinthe

Just had to hop on to say "THANK YOU!!!!"

[Alright, alright! No swearing! I get it! Yikes.]

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

What about those of us that are beanpoles lol. Too bad, im thinking your new smalls will be too wide and too short. I had a good run Woot. Good luck.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl
ksteimle wrote:Whyyyyy are they shorter? I was already thinking of switching to Mens Small because the WXL slide up every time I sit down or raise my arms in the slightest.
A shirt that's 1.5 inches shorter sounds laughably terrible. I'm 5'2, petite, and VERY hourglassy - can one of the Woot ladies comment on whether the new hip shaping prevents the shirt from sliding up all the time?

Also take into consideration how much these shirts might shrink. The AA shirts would shrink about two inches width and length and i wash in cold and air dry....

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

cmaxelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmaxelson

Shorter torso? *sigh* Even at 5'1, I have a long torso that the old style barely worked for, even fresh out of the bag let alone washed a few times. Definitely going to keep ordering a MS instead of WS. As an undergrown "beanpole" the straight men's cut is more flattering than a larger women's tee.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Still won't come close to fitting me, but that's more the height issue. If someone 5'1 thinks they'll be too short, not even worth my money to try. Apparently women shouldn't be 6'1.

Unrelated, 'sweater cows' is my new favorite phrase.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
bassanimation wrote:Hmmm, I do like the new shapey-er tees, but not so crazy about the shorter length. It means the sweater cows will get more grazing room, but I'll have to watch my gut when I stretch my arms up high. @_@

On the upside, it appears I will most likely wear a WS now. :D :D :D I'll order a WS and WM when they're available to see which one is best.

Sweater cows...? ... That's udderly ridiculous! *rimshot*

gittygrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gittygrrl
ceotty wrote:Well, I'm not sure what to think. According to this size chart I could actually go down two sizes, which would mean I'm losing 2 inches of length before any shrinkage. I have a pretty short torso, but still that's a lot of length to lose. On the other hand, I could go down one size and only lose 1 inch of length before any shrinking, but I'd have to start padding my bra.

I'm really at a loss here.

Yep, here too...I'd go from a WL to a WS, and even though I have a short torso, I like my shirts a bit longer. Hopefully the sleeve measurements will tip me in the right direction as far as whether to go with a WS or "size up" to a WM. I have rather thin arms and the arms on the new shirt looks quite a bit bigger than the old ones in the side-by-side comparison picture.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
inspektordogge wrote:Now it seems like an extra small is in order. Sure, some women aren't small; you solved that problem. But my girlfriend has trouble finding anything that fits her well at all, most women's small t shirts look like tunics on her. I guess you can't please everyone...

I weigh 95lbs. These shirts are no longer going to fit me. :'( I think offering an XS would be a fantastic idea! Please, please Woot staff!

eeschultz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eeschultz

I am delighted! The sizing of WL and WXL is adjusting just wear I need it - more room up top without loss in length.

I am very tall - 6'1" - so I have a long torso. Add to that, an F-cup and a 32" waist, and I'm pretty much out of luck when it comes to shirt length. I have a mix of WL and WXL woot shirts right now, and I'm accustomed to tugging them down - and my jeans up - during the day. I only just discovered MM and realized that I kind of like it, though it seemed a shame to have to give up the shapely ladies' cuts.

This change should allow me to stick with women's sizes.

I'm excited!

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson

I'm still concerned. I need a visual - shirts on people, not laid out flat on a table. Ideally, the person modeling the shirt would stand or sit in a variety of poses natural to life movement - reaching up for something on the top shelf, leaning forward and to the side while standing and sitting, etc. Basically, my concern is about how the shirt moves with a person.

I like my long shirts because I'm short - 5'3" - and I have to really reach sometimes to get what I want out of the cupboards and such. The AAs still had me covered, and it doesn't look like these will.

I'm also concerned that the flare at the bottom of the shirt will get stretched out beyond acceptable by little hands that pull and grab on Mommy's clothes for attention. Now, I have curvy hips so a little flare for accommodation is welcome, but that usually means they don't stay put when I move around and, as a result, I prefer the thinner cut.

It appears I need a boob job in order to fit tees that are comparable in length to the WM I was ordering.

Maybe I'll need significant tailoring of my tee shirts. Every time a shirt is too big in the chest, it's also too big in the shoulders and sleeve. I can't be paying $12 or $15 for a shirt, and then twice that or more to get it to fit right. If I'm buying the shirts, I want them to already fit me well. It's hard because it's an online sale and returns are not allowed simply because the fit isn't right. At least in a store I can try something on before I buy it. :\

ProfHotPants: Can we please also see the condition of your older shirts? Ones that have been washed and worn several times. How do these hold their shape in the collar, sleeve and bottom hem? Most shaped shirts I've ever come across are positively atrocious after a while.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
trekmiss wrote:Wow! If you wore the old WXL, the closest fit in the new shirts is the new WM...except that you lose more than 1.5 inches in length! That's a big difference!

This.

I'm dropping from a WXL to a WM (which I'm excited about, for sure--makes me feel skinnier, haha), but that loss of an inch and a half is going to bug me. The WXL's had problems showing my tummy to begin with if I didn't wear a tank underneath...and now I'm losing about an inch? I'll probably keep getting WL to add a little extra length, but it's still annoying.

Of course, that's assuming I order anything new from shirt.woot at all. This whole switch-over is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. I do give kudos to woot for answering the call of the women, but I'm not sure this was the way to go about doing so.

jnewman9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnewman9
inspektordogge wrote:Now it seems like an extra small is in order. Sure, some women aren't small; you solved that problem. But my girlfriend has trouble finding anything that fits her well at all, most women's small t shirts look like tunics on her. I guess you can't please everyone...

Yeah, I could barely fit into the small before (it was too big and yet somehow also too short). Now that they're wider and shorter, I won't even be able to order them. Sorry I'm a "beanpole". Not much I can do about that though :/

tanadora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanadora

Was this switch applied to the shirt Going to a Cheesier Place?
When I tried on that shirt I noticed that it fits nicely around the chest and hips, but is baggy across my ribcage. Not exactly flattering. If all the new shirts fit this way, I'm going to be pretty sad. :/

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
tanadora wrote:Was this switch applied to the shirt Going to a Cheesier Place?

No, they switched to the new blanks yesterday for Men sizes, and today for the rest

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

I'm pretty excited that I would be able to wear a WXL now instead of a men's but it's 3" shorter!!!! 3" is a LOT. I would also love to see a person in a men's vs. a women's shirt (same size) I do think a lot of my problem is with my shirt trying to sit on the top of my hips so it MIGHT be ok. I just wish we could get some sort of discounted shirt/blank to try instead of having to pay full price for a shirt we aren't sure about. I guess I will be waiting for those random sales!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bassanimation wrote:Hmmm, I do like the new shapey-er tees, but not so crazy about the shorter length. It means the sweater cows will get more grazing room, but I'll have to watch my gut when I stretch my arms up high. @_@

On the upside, it appears I will most likely wear a WS now. :D :D :D I'll order a WS and WM when they're available to see which one is best.

missmissa07 wrote:This.

I'm dropping from a WXL to a WM (which I'm excited about, for sure--makes me feel skinnier, haha), but that loss of an inch and a half is going to bug me. The WXL's had problems showing my tummy to begin with if I didn't wear a tank underneath...and now I'm losing about an inch? I'll probably keep getting WL to add a little extra length, but it's still annoying.

I know how you feel, my brain is all "heeeeey, WM again!"

Having not tried the new shirts yet personally, the measurements seem kinder on the ego at least. I should also try a WL just to see about the length thing...

I'm just hanging out, really.

tanadora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanadora
glorinmann wrote:No, they switched to the new blanks yesterday for Men sizes, and today for the rest

Hmmm. That's really weird then. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I suspect that a lack in sizing consistency from AA might be one of the reasons for looking for a new vendor. There have been a lot more reports of people with this problem.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

amykeniston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amykeniston

Im happy about the new sizes. I thought the shirts being sized the way they were was ridiculous. This means more of my money to woot for sure.

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

As one of the so called "bean poles" I'm a little concerned. I wore a WM in AA and they were pretty much the most fabulously fitting shirts ever. And I've got some big hips...but it never seemed to be an issue.

I'm really happy that, in general, it sounds like these are more realistic and curvy for most other women, but if I go down to a WS in the new fit to avoid a crazy baggy chest area, I lose 1 3/8 inches of length. And I LOVE longer shirts (as every woman on here seems to agree).

I really want to just order another WM and hope it's not giant on me, because I'm pretty convinced WS will be too short.

What to do, what to do...

Also thank you Prof for being so patient and attentive to us! I'm looking forward to all the extra input you give us. I think it will help a lot.

squishystiff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishystiff

Sadly none of the new shirt sizes are gonna do it for me. The WS AA was a just a tiny bit baggy on me even after it shrunk, which was perfect. I looked at the kids sizes and they're going to be way to short.

I guess I won't be buying woot shirts any time soon

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya
nzgirl wrote:I love the new shapeliness, but what I'd _really_ like to see is a shirt with a bit more feminine styling. Specifically, a two inch lower neckline. I'm not suggesting t-shirts ought to show cleavage, but surely a little bit of collar bone isn't a bad thing...? Any chance of having two options for the ladies -- the current casual styling and something a little bit more girly?

I agree.(A bit longer on the bottom would be great too.)

Shorter bottoms and high neck makes the boobs look saggy. :/

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I feel odd about my shirt size going from a WL to a WS. I am so definitely not a small anywhere else in the world. Which, ok, sure, number/size doesn't really matter so long as it fits, vanity-sized or not. But, alas, the new cut of the shirts seems to preclude my wearing it, unless someone has some advice.
I am a "real woman," too--but one with nearly no hips, to my genetic chagrin. I am very happy that all the hourglassed and/or busty women are now served what they very much deserved. But, alas, with the new cut, it seems like I will no longer be able to wear woot shirts. Especially as the WS is now two whole inches shorter than the old WL, and I really need that length. Ah, well, I guess 100+ t-shirts really is enough for one lady, eh? Heavy, depressed, FirstWorldProblems sighing.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
missmissa07 wrote:
I'm dropping from a WXL to a WM (which I'm excited about, for sure--makes me feel skinnier, haha), but that loss of an inch and a half is going to bug me. The WXL's had problems showing my tummy to begin with if I didn't wear a tank underneath...and now I'm losing about an inch?

I suspect that many of us who fit into the old sizes probably wear low-rise pants due to body size/shape/proportions, which makes the length of the shirts quite important.

It's very difficult for me to find clothing that fits, so I have sympathy for the women who didn't fit into the previous sizes, but at the same time - there are some of us who are actually the size of the old WS/WM (including the "teenage boy" chest!), and it was wonderful to have a t-shirt option that was flattering and usually clever/cute/beautiful to boot.

Life will go on, of course, but I'm a bit disappointed about the size changes. (I'm more than a bit disappointed about the change in supplier, but that's not what this thread is about.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl

I do believe that an XS is an absolute must in order to keep *anyone* that originally wore a WS buying shirts. I LOVE shirt.woot. I wait up almost every night, just to see the new shirt rolling in. (Which is 1am here!) The derby's are so much fun! I don't want to give up on woot, but I have no choice. The small simply will not fit, and even though I'm a tiny woman, I'm still built like a WOMAN and can not fit the children's sizes. Congrats to all the larger women feeling thinner, but us small girls got shafted in the deal.

dragonfly1209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonfly1209

For those of you concerned about length, try measuring your actual washed and worn woot shirts and comparing those measurements instead of using those listed in the chart. I just tried this and was initially so surprised by the numbers, I thought I was measuring wrong. I measured five shirts, all different colors and included a shirt that I got yesterday so it hasn't been washed yet. I wear a WXL and none of my shirts measured 27-5/8" in length. They ranged between 25" and 26-3/4". So, it won't fix everyone's length issues but maybe these new shirts aren't as different as they seem on paper (especially if they do indeed shrink less).

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke

As a curvy gal & Woot addict this makes me happy!

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

Well, great, I'm so glad for the large women who can now buy smaller shirts and feel better about themselves, but what about those of us who used to buy the old WS or WM?

And don't say kids sizes--I'm actually curvy (actually curvy, not euphemism for overweight--37-27-36), and kids tshirts bind around my armpits, tend to ride up, and are too short besides.

I'm glad I saw the change coming and bought all the Reckoning shirts I had thought about buying in the past, because I won't be buying any of the new blanks. Ill-fitting Tshirts come to me free on a regular basis.

kajira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kajira

I agree with an above statement. Aside from all the complaints and/or praises, you still haven't gotten women's sizes to fit me yet. I will stay with the men's XL, presuming that since you didn't mention any difference there, that there will, in fact, be no difference.

But why, when switching suppliers, would the women's be different and the men's not?