jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
bounty42 wrote:Or at least get your name in a write up right? You and I would be easy to work in, Neuro-psychological and bounty can be worked into a conversation with only a little wierdness. Working Narf-cake in would require the tale of Brain's Birthday I'm afraid.

Hey, wait now, I discovered the problem (complete with amazing paint skillz), don't I get a little write-up love? ;D

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
bounty42 wrote:Or at least get your name in a write up right? You and I would be easy to work in, Neuro-psychological and bounty can be worked into a conversation with only a little wierdness. Working Narf-cake in would require the tale of Brain's Birthday I'm afraid.

No worries. I got my 5 seconds of fame when I bought #50,000 already.

On another note, I hope gals are paying attention to the sizing chart for today's shirt ... though I'm sure there will be at least a few followups afterwards about shirts being "too small" again.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Yikes! I think I'd crawl under a rock and hide due to my humiliation. If you and jezebelseven get some recognition, that's great. (I think jezebelseven is the hero in this case! Genius! MAD PAINT SKILLZ!!) BTW, I think I did an adequate job working "Narfcake" into a write-up.

Narfcake wrote:On another note, I hope gals are paying attention to the sizing chart for today's shirt ... though I'm sure there will be at least a few followups afterwards about shirts being "too small" again.

I read this immediately after deleting some spam promising to eliminate my cellulite, and so my first thought was "Is Narf saying I've gained weight?!" Heh.

Yup, I think this is going cause headaches in the other direction. Even I didn't even the sizing chart until well after the shirt had been posted (not that I'm that special, but since I've attached my name to the Reckoning AA List, I have an interest in making sure that it's accurate). I do check every morning, but given that both green blanks switched over almost immediately, I almost didn't bother - and it's clear from the number of posts today that state someone would have bought the shirt if it were on AA that others are making the same assumption that I did. I think woot may have erred from Day 1 by not posting which blanks were being used on each shirt's page; it would have eliminated a lot of headaches and likely reduced the number of orders woot had to refund based on people not noticing that the blanks had changed (or alternatively, increased their sales when the shirt was on AA and people didn't notice - or the other way around for those who prefer the sizing of Anvil).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

chaoticblu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoticblu
jujubees wrote:Well, color me confused.

I ordered a WM based on the new sizing chart (even though the shirt listing still points to the OLD sizing chart). Based on the new sizing chart, I fully expected the shirt to arrive as a tent that I'd have to shrink in the dryer.

It's tiny.

There is no way that this WM is intended for someone with a 34-inch chest, which is a WS, much less the advertised 38 inches.

These shirts are supposed to be bigger and roomier, right?

Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone?

That is strange, did you measure the width to see if it's a defect? Because I ordered a WM in "Finishing Move" (April 12) and it's a bit loose on me. I wear a 36 c bra (though bust measures 32. But I don't like tight bras.) I'm having the same issue as a lot of people-it's decent in the chest, but too baggy everywhere else.

I've never ordered from Woot before- were the old AA shirts more of a junior fit? Because except for the bit of shape in the chest, these seem more like basic unisex tees. Comfy though.

chaoticblu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoticblu

So..dispite the sizing chart saying "slim fit"..these new tees clearly aren't, at least on me. I normally am a woman's medium so that's why I ordered it, figuring it would be more fitted even though it's a 19. I've bought 18.5 shirts elsewhere that were more fitted so I didn't think an extra half an inch would be a big deal.

I have washed it in warm water and put in in the dryer on very dry, and I think it helped a little. However these tees are not cut to flatter my body. It still fits more like a unisex shirt- as one person mentioned it doesn't hug your body. I'm 5'4, about 111 lbs, with barely any hips. (Sorry, I'm not trying to be vein, or brag or anything. Actually I wish I had more curves, I'm too straight >_< )

But I"m just saying, these shirts still say "slim fit" in the updated sizing chart, so you'd think they would be more fitted even in a new cut, but they don't seem to be and I don't think another trip in the dryer will help much.

I'm going to try ordering a WS though at some point and see how that works. As I said, the shirt is comfy and ok, but I just like more fitted cuts.

Maybe it's my fault..The post did say they are cut more for people with curves, but the pic showed these new shirts taper in, so I thought it'd be a bit more fitted in the chest and stomach area. (You can tell I have a chest, but could be slightly more fitted.)

meri81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meri81

Well I ordered the Boba Fetch shirt in medium, big mistake. And customer service ignored me after the first email pointing me to this forum.

As I told them leaving the tight fit comment in the description is going to make people who don't read the forums not even bother with checking size charts if you have bought here before and you don't know. I am very disappointed that they didn't put a note saying check size charts we have new shirts. I don't think that would be that difficult. I guess that was a $15 lesson for me.

I won't be buying here anymore. First the customer service made me unhappy and that makes me less likely to buy shirts here. Second, I can't wear the shirts they are to big. I hope they do something but other than checking this forum I will be ignoring this site. Makes me sad to see cool shirts I can't wear.

DeLore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeLore

I have bought my last woot shirt until woot switches their blanks again! I got my first Anvil shirt in and I thought they accidently sent me a men's small instead of a women's. Then, after an email with woot, I found out about the update to Anvil. Upon further inspection of my new shirt, I realized that it was, in fact, a women's small, it just fit horribly! Not only is it huge, but it gets even wider at the bottom! The only way to describe how this shirt looks on, is, it makes me look "dumpy"! I own probably 20+ woot shirts, and I'm sad that I will not be getting anymore anytime soon.

DeLore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeLore
Sati wrote:I wish there was a thread we could subscribe to only to be notified if and when they change the T's they're using. I won't check back regularly to dig through the site and see if the sizing and shirts have changed. I'd just like to know if there will ever be an opportunity to find a shirt that fits me here.

My array of Woot! shirts now feel like retro classics to treasure. I know that I won't be getting anymore after a the disappointing arrival of a great design with a new, bulky shirt that I truly thought to be an error. I contacted Woot! believing it to be man's small shirt rather than a ladies; I was wrong. I can't buy any more shirts here. It's a real bummer.

Would it be wrong to use my Woot! cast iron skillet to lay some smack down to whoever is leaving the ladies T's in this miserable state?

I had the same exact problem with you. I'm very disappointed! I hope they respond to this in a favorable way. They have many loyal shirt.wooters severely disappointed!

lulipuli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lulipuli

I'm just here (by way of service@woot because I am a buyer, not a commenter) to complain about the new shirts and the lack of effective communication.

I thought I was sent the wrong shirt because it didn't have the lady-figure on the tag. Oh, and because it looked exactly like the shirts I bought my husband.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will be able to get me a smaller size in the shirt I ordered (that is now my husband's...he doesn't know it is a women's...).

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
lulipuli wrote:(that is now my husband's...he doesn't know it is a women's...).

Lol! I just got a WS shirt for myself and my boyfriend said excitedly "Oh hey is that mine?". I replied "...no. It's the women's small." He didn't even believe me at first.

*pokes woot* can we have our extra small yet? Please?

tiggerslilyrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiggerslilyrn

I understand that you have made a change but there are no curves to this shirt. It looks like a box. I like fitted shirts which is why I ordered a women's XL. I do have curves hence my wanting something with curves because I like to show them off. Even if I got a smaller size it would still look like I am wearing a mans shirt. You need to advertise appropriately because the product you are sending out is not the one you are describing on your website. I understand that I am just going to have to bite the bullet on this one but it really makes me mad. I will not be purchasing from you again until you switch back to the onl shirt style. And I was so looking forward to my woot shirts

ValkyrjaGaia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ValkyrjaGaia
tiggerslilyrn wrote:I understand that you have made a change but there are no curves to this shirt. It looks like a box. I like fitted shirts which is why I ordered a women's XL. I do have curves hence my wanting something with curves because I like to show them off. Even if I got a smaller size it would still look like I am wearing a mans shirt. You need to advertise appropriately because the product you are sending out is not the one you are describing on your website. I understand that I am just going to have to bite the bullet on this one but it really makes me mad. I will not be purchasing from you again until you switch back to the onl shirt style. And I was so looking forward to my woot shirts

Here for basically the same reason and super frustrated. Was a WXL w/ 46-32-45. The chest/shoulder was always too tight. A family of four could camp in the anvil WXL. Advice--do I re-order in WS, WM, MS or MM?? Am so frustrated that I'm considering ending the woot affair entirely.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
ValkyrjaGaia wrote:Here for basically the same reason and super frustrated. Was a WXL w/ 46-32-45. The chest/shoulder was always too tight. A family of four could camp in the anvil WXL. Advice--do I re-order in WS, WM, MS or MM?? Am so frustrated that I'm considering ending the woot affair entirely.

Well, I couldn't fit the aa xl, and the anvil l seems to fit well. So I would sy the m

doggonewyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doggonewyo

I really dislike the new ladies sizes. I used to wear an XL. The cut was nice. The sleeves nice and short. The neck not too large and sloppy. They LOOKED like a women's shirt. The new shirts have too long sleeves, they are shaped like a BOX and the necks gape and are sloppy. I will tinker with my sizing choice to try to alleviate SOME of these issues but frankly, the new shirts are just like guys' shirts. If I wanted a boxy shirt shaped for a guy I'd just have bought a men's small. The whole point of having a "ladies" size is for the cut of a ladies shirt. Tapered and fitted. Now women have no option but to look sloppy and like they just settled for a small or medium men's sized shirt. Woot used to be able to accommodate women who wanted a ladies fit and the women who wanted to have a little room (ordering a smaller version of a men's cut). Now those of us that like the ladies fit are left out in the cold. Go back to the old shirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allrealelements

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allrealelements

Wow, I wish I had read more closely when I saw Woot was switching to new shirts. I had noticed a change in shirt quality with the shirts I had been buying this year (shirts felt thinner, not as soft), but I hadn't even thought there might be a sizing change.

Now I'm sitting here with my new Music is Life women's small, and at first I thought I had received a men's small. Nope, this is actually the new women's small, nearly equivalent to the old women's large. And to think I was happy to find a site with smalls that actually fit me. Guess I won't be buying from here any more unless I can figure out how to trim my shirts.

morbidgray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morbidgray

This is completely ridiculous! Yet another company is making it so petite women can't wear their shirts, to make way for vanity sizing. I'm by no means a "beanpole" or have a straight build, I'm proportionally curvy, just small! The old smalls were already loose in the waist, and adding that flare at the bottom made them look like a tent.

I've already had to write off a couple other tshirt companies because of this. BRING THE OLD SHIRTS BACK OR CARRY XS/XXS (which after reading through the last 20 pages, I now realize that Anvil doesn't make xxs or have color choices in xs)!!

To emphasize how badly the new sizing fits... **I'm 6mo preg right now, look like I'm smuggling an oversized basket ball under my shirt, and the WS is still huge around the middle...**

I'm very saddened by this change. I too was in the group that eagerly awaited the new shirt postings every night. I don't even think I'll order the new shirts for my bf, the AA shirts fit him perfectly.

I will need to see if it's mentioned elsewhere, but did they mess up the kids shirts too? Woot was one of the few companies that provided shirts that were skinny/long enough for my kids too... I'd be even more upset if I couldn't get shirts for them any longer.

morbidgray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morbidgray
DeLore wrote:I have bought my last woot shirt until woot switches their blanks again! I got my first Anvil shirt in and I thought they accidently sent me a men's small instead of a women's. Then, after an email with woot, I found out about the update to Anvil. Upon further inspection of my new shirt, I realized that it was, in fact, a women's small, it just fit horribly! Not only is it huge, but it gets even wider at the bottom! The only way to describe how this shirt looks on, is, it makes me look "dumpy"! I own probably 20+ woot shirts, and I'm sad that I will not be getting anymore anytime soon.

/nod This exactly! I hope they listen to us and switch back ASAP! I check the site daily for new shirts...

joshtheiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshtheiss

I used to buy tshirts for my girlfriend (5'2", ~115, apparently a "beanpole") and the WS from AA fit her perfectly! She loved the length and fit (and the designs, of course!). We ordered a new WS without knowing that the fit had changed, and she swims in it. Now the closest size to her would be a K8, but it's way short when compared to the old WS. I guess no more woot shirts for us.

whataworld

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whataworld

The WXL in AA was snug as a bug on my girlies, I thought a little extra room would be nice. The Anvil WXL is a tent, baggy all over. Loose sleeves, saggy collar, way too much room in the belly and it wouldn't shrink even a bit no matter how hot I washed it. I might go for a WM if I ever buy another. I am in no way a Medium sort of girl, they must have accidentally ordered the preggers version blanks.

jess92489

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jess92489
lulipuli wrote:I'm just here (by way of service@woot because I am a buyer, not a commenter) to complain about the new shirts and the lack of effective communication.

I thought I was sent the wrong shirt because it didn't have the lady-figure on the tag. Oh, and because it looked exactly like the shirts I bought my husband.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will be able to get me a smaller size in the shirt I ordered (that is now my husband's...he doesn't know it is a women's...).

Yep, a shirt I've been waiting forever to be able to get got delivered yesterday. In the old shirts I was a women's large, and so I thought that was what I would be this time too. To my surprise, when I opened up the bag it looked like a men's large, so I emailed Woot and told them. They just pointed me to the forums. I had no idea that they had changed sizes so drastically! There isn't any note on the buying page that says that they did. I even held up the shirt I received to one of my husbands large size shirts and it is exactly the same size! I hope that I can get my shirt in the right size and that my order will be fixed.

elthewolfesq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elthewolfesq

awful. these shirts are at least two sizes bigger, and unflattering. I threw my new iron and gold shirt in the rag bin to wash my car with. as someone who doesn't blink at buying several shirts some months, this change has lost my business.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

Just a tip that there are Tee Trade sites and threads where you MIGHT be able to get something for your Anvil. No guarantees, but it's better than nothing.

Also, a Follow-up question that's starting to bug me now: No question that Woot Borked this one, but had they actually POSTED a noticable size change notice. How long should they have left it up for? We're going into week 15 of the change. That's over a quarter.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

lenker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lenker

I just received a shirt that has been "resized" and I am SO disappointed. There should have been some warning in big, neon flashing lights that said, "WHOA, before you order our sizes have changed!!" Meanwhile, I ordered the size I always do and it is way too big for me.
Anyone check out the resized charts? The NEW small is just 3/4 inch shy of the OLD women's large. Needless to say this is a bit too roomy for us "beanpoles". The new smalls start bigger than the old mediums. What happens to the small and medium demographic of shirt.woot shoppers? I guess we are out of luck. Which so saddens, this shirt.woot shopper.

bounty42

lenker wrote:I just received a shirt that has been "resized" and I am SO disappointed. There should have been some warning in big, neon flashing lights that said, "WHOA, before you order our sizes have changed!!" Meanwhile, I ordered the size I always do and it is way too big for me.
Anyone check out the resized charts? The NEW small is just 3/4 inch shy of the OLD women's large. Needless to say this is a bit too roomy for us "beanpoles". The new smalls start bigger than the old mediums. What happens to the small and medium demographic of shirt.woot shoppers? I guess we are out of luck. Which so saddens, this shirt.woot shopper.

And about 2/3 of this threads 782 posters, who have been talking about the change for the past 15 weeks. How long is long enough to warn about a change that happened?

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel

As a 2XL size female, Woot does not do women's shirts big enough for me... but... the men's shirts are fitting quite nicely. The arms are fitted enough to where it doesn't look as if the shirts can only be worn by a male. And the torso fit is the perfect length/fit as well.

I also have a shirt from Threadless and ended up getting a men's shirt there as well... only for the arms to be too large and the part around the armpit too small/low. Perhaps they expect all the guys ordering from them to have giants guns on their arms? That one will probably end up going to my boyfriend.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon

First, let me say that I have been aware of the AA/Anvil change since before day one. Since it was first posted. And all those months of the big yellow "check sizes!" reminders. Since that day, I have always checked the chart before ordering anything. For a while, it went smoothly.

That said, Woot! Please stop sending me the wrong sizes! I check the chart before ordering every single shirt I order. And for at least the third time in recent weeks, I've been sent the wrong size.

Check the chart on Vinyl Kid. See how it's the Anvil chart? I ordered a WL. Guess what I received - yep, an AA WL. If I'd known it was AA, I'd have ordered a WXL.

Yes, I'll be sending yet another e-mail to service@woot but this is getting tedious. I'm sure they're sick of hearing from me, too. The nerve of me wanting to receive what I've ordered.

Regarding one of the other recent mistakes, Woot even sent the wrong replacement size. I ordered an Anvil WL and received an Anvil WS. When I e-mailed for a replacement I carefully and clearly asked for an Anvil WL.

My mistake, I guess, was trying to avoid another hassle: I mentioned that if by some chance it's printed on AA (as I know some have started on one blank and then get changed to the other), I'd need WXL. So, of course I received a too-big Anvil WXL. I know you guys are busy, Woot, but please, actually read the e-mails you receive. There's useful information in there!

And please for the love of Cthulhu, stick to your own size charts! If you change a shirt's blanks, change its chart, too, and then match the orders to the sizes! Maybe there should be something in the order number or details to indicate which blank a person has ordered. This has happened too many times!

[Unrelated, but I ordered three kids' shirts with my other account and only two arrived. I'll be e-mailing about that, too. What's happening over there? Did some order fulfillment monkeys fall asleep on the job?]

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
dreamofcaramel wrote:As a 2XL size female, Woot does not do women's shirts big enough for me...

This might not apply to your specific fit preference, but check the newer size charts carefully. If you normally wear a womens 2XL American Apparel shirt (or most womens shirts), the Anvil womens XL may fit you. I typically straddle the line between XL and 2XL and the Anvil womens L fits me with a little more room and better 'girl shape' (ie, room for bazongas and hips) than an American Apparel womens XL.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

cobaltspectre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobaltspectre

I suppose that Amazon destroying shirt.woot was the slap in the face that I needed to end my seven-year buying binge. My shirts outgrew my dresser, long ago, and expanded into leaning stacks of folded Woot shirts standing in boxes beside it and my closet, where I can easily flip through them.

The price increase only stopped my impulse buying, and it didn't even totally control that. It just prevented me from buying shirts for people on the basis of, "I'll bet that so-and-so would like this." After the increase, I'd usually wait to show it to "so-and-so," and let him buy it for himself, if he liked it, enough.

I'm tall and long-legged, so, AA or Anchor, 3X is loose and hangs below the belt the way I like it. I had noticed that the collars on the last few shirts I'd bought didn't spring back to life after being washed like they usually did; but, different shirts come from different lots, and I didn't think much about it. I hadn't, yet, heard of Woot being bought, and didn't suspect anything amiss.

This horrible, busy, migraine-inducing new site format came along, which does nothing to improve anything for me, and makes me simply want to leave. I can't even see details of the designs I am contemplating buying, anymore. I haven't looked forward to coming here, at all, since this mess has been installed.

Finally, my daughter, for whom I bought nearly half of the household's Woot shirts, has decided that she wants no more. When I read her what Amazonian Woot had to say about the Anchor shirts fitting better, she said, "Yeah, if I need a maternity dress!" She said that she can, "literally smuggle my violin under this [WS Anchor] shirt without stretching the material, at all."

If the shirt blanks will, forevermore, be over-priced, sub-par goods foisted on the public by Amazon to try to squeeze a greater profit margin out of this dedicated subculture at the expense of quality and outsourced U.S. jobs, I am sad, and even sadder for the artists who are having their "neighborhood" torn down. This was great, while it lasted.

For those of you who can still enjoy this new "woot.shirt," I'm truly envious. I miss enjoying it, too.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl

Has anyone tried one of the new lady's tank tops? The size small should fit, in theory, but I don't trust it. lol
Ochopika, if you're paying attention, do you know? You and I are roughly the same size.

ochopika

morgankohl wrote:Has anyone tried one of the new lady's tank tops? The size small should fit, in theory, but I don't trust it. lol
Ochopika, if you're paying attention, do you know? You and I are roughly the same size.

The sizing chart does look encouraging... I'm still deciding if I'm gonna buy one. I probably will at the last minute.
"Perched Among Blossoms" looks pretty, so my brain is telling me that owning it will make me pretty. *scratches armpit while picking nose* I'll post my reviews if I decide to get one.

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel
tabaddon wrote:This might not apply to your specific fit preference, but check the newer size charts carefully. If you normally wear a womens 2XL American Apparel shirt (or most womens shirts), the Anvil womens XL may fit you. I typically straddle the line between XL and 2XL and the Anvil womens L fits me with a little more room and better 'girl shape' (ie, room for bazongas and hips) than an American Apparel womens XL.

I'm a fairly new Wooter, so whatever they've been sending in the past month is what I have.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
dreamofcaramel wrote:I'm a fairly new Wooter, so whatever they've been sending in the past month is what I have.

Problem is it has been a mix, because they weren't out of the old style yet. If the tag says made in USA it is AA, which runs small. And if it says made in Honduras (or other non-us country) it is Anvil, which runs larger. It is anvil that they are going to be using in the future.

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
blanked wrote:... It is anvil that they are going to be using in the future.

... unless they can't supply Woot the blanks they need, hence why Secret Love is printed on AA for men and women, and that a Wooter has reported that Graiiiinss arriving on AA, even though it's advertised as being printed on Anvil.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
ochopika wrote:The sizing chart does look encouraging... I'm still deciding if I'm gonna buy one. I probably will at the last minute.
"Perched Among Blossoms" looks pretty, so my brain is telling me that owning it will make me pretty. *scratches armpit while picking nose* I'll post my reviews if I decide to get one.

They're not even selling the ladies' size tank tops in the new side sale?? Ugh! What is WRONG with you, Woot?

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2

Wow. In the current shirt offering Cat's Resume, I posted something along the lines of: "Cute shirt. Too bad it's on an Anvil blank. No shirt for me." And it got deleted by the mods. They just don't care anymore.

bounty42

speedogirl2 wrote:Wow. In the current shirt offering Cat's Resume, I posted something along the lines of: "Cute shirt. Too bad it's on an Anvil blank. No shirt for me." And it got deleted by the mods. They just don't care anymore.

O f course they care, just not about you. If they didn't care they'd leave our comments for everyone to see, not hide/delete/purge them so that people don't get a chance to read our negative feedback.

ochopika

morgankohl wrote:They're not even selling the ladies' size tank tops in the new side sale?? Ugh! What is WRONG with you, Woot?

Dang... I guessed we jinxed it by talking about how it looked good. I got one from the last sale, though! I'll post some pictures when it arrives.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Wasn't sure where to put this...

I stopped by a local American Apparel to try on the Unisex tank tops that Woot is printing on in side sales. For reference, I'm 5'3''/135/36-28-40. An AA WM fits pretty well although I would like it to stretch more in the bust and shoulders. It's what I'm wearing under the tanks in these pictures. (Actually I grabbed a sheer or a 50/50 on accident and it fit better than usual.)

The Small tank was (unsurprisingly) too big. It looks okay from the front, but from the side....

Here's a picture of the Extra-Small. Woot doesn't offer this size, but for someone a bit bigger than me the small might fit like this.

Edit: Not sure if it's clear in that last picture, but it doesn't gap at the sides at all. I'd love an XS in the tanks!

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
bounty42 wrote:O f course they care, just not about you. If they didn't care they'd leave our comments for everyone to see, not hide/delete/purge them so that people don't get a chance to read our negative feedback.

Honestly, I find the complaining about Anvil blanks in a shirt's thread is a little annoying, not to mention redundant. Complain in the appropriate thread, but wading through people saying, "Boo, Anvil" on the actual shirt thread is tedious and (I'm going to take some flak for this) sort of whiny. The Anvil switch happened months ago; how long before this sort of passive-aggressive commenting gets old for the poster?

That, and it can't be fun for the artist to come in looking forward to compliments or constructive criticism and finding many "Ugh, Anvil!" (like that is a surprise?) comments.

It is just tedious at this point.

Of course, I know this is, like, just my opinion, man.

bounty42

margiecakes wrote:Honestly, I find the complaining about Anvil blanks in a shirt's thread is a little annoying, not to mention redundant. Complain in the appropriate thread, but wading through people saying, "Boo, Anvil" on the actual shirt thread is tedious and (I'm going to take some flak for this) sort of whiny. The Anvil switch happened months ago; how long before this sort of passive-aggressive commenting gets old for the poster?

That, and it can't be fun for the artist to come in looking forward to compliments or constructive criticism and finding many "Ugh, Anvil!" (like that is a surprise?) comments.

It is just tedious at this point.

Of course, I know this is, like, just my opinion, man.

Your not wrong. My standard response to "why is my shirt so huge" is now "we've been printing on Anvil for16 weeks. How long should we warn people?"

That said "I would buy this if you printed on AA" needs to be in the thread for the shirt. First, it's a warning "HEY THIS ISN'T AA". Apparently after 16 weeks some people still need these. Second, it's feedback, not for the artist, but for the company. Some metrics say that for every complaint you get, there's 100 people who thought the same thing but didn't comment. I doubt that ratio holds for the internet, but we can be reasonably certain that not everyone who would have bought an AA is complaining about Anvil every shirt.

Finally, VISIBILITY IS KEY TO RESOLUTION. This is why we stage protests on busy street corners, and not air conditioned living rooms. Yes there are places to whine, moan, jellyfish, cajole, threaten, debate, wax eloquent, curse and spit about the injustice that the dead end policies that are killing Woot (and likely drove off the founder and CEO). That place is here. But a nice, succinct, non threatening "If you had used an AA blank, I'd have bought this." needs to be on the shirt thread too.

PERSONALLY: I think they should open up WOMENS sizes, and only Womens sizes, to print on BOTH blanks. Men can deal with Anvil, and Kids are comprable, if short. But neither range offers a sufficent stock to fit all our lady wooters, and by including both you'll increase sales, and save on Mens where most of the sales are anyways.