neuropsychosocial


quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
margiecakes wrote:The Anvil switch happened months ago; how long before this sort of passive-aggressive commenting gets old for the poster?

When I stop having to tell five posters a day that woot sent them the correct size but the blanks changed in February: then we can stop mentioning the blanks in the shirt threads. If woot had only allowed us, from Day 1, to have one or two posts towards the top of a shirt's thread noting that a shirt was printing on Anvil and that the sizes has changed, we all would have been spared a few hundred posts about how woot sent the wrong sized shirt. And service wouldn't be tearing their hair out, and I don't want to think about how much money woot has lost by needing to give refunds because they've hidden the information about the switch instead of putting it up front.

And lastly, I think it's a valuable message to woot to continue to mention that they're losing sales because the shirts on Anvil. Sales have fallen through the floor: we know it, woot knows it, the artists know it. Posting "I would have bought this if it were on AA" is sending woot a message that they're losing business. If woot were transitioning smoothly to Anvil, it might be be pointless to continually tell them that some customers preferred AA, but since woot is running out of Anvil blanks and sending customers shirts on AA blanks that were supposed to be on Anvil blanks, with promises to send another copy on Anvil when the blanks arrive in July - I can't blame people for wanting to continue to make their voices heard.

The artists are adults making a living. The shirt threads should not be limited to "praise and constructive criticism." Personally, I think it's important to avoid attacking the artists as people even if we don't like the art, but this is a business, and woot has long encouraged us all to post things that are only vaguely on topic in product threads. Whether a shirt is printed on Anvil or AA is fairly key to the product; in other product threads, woot doesn't delete posts asking if an item was made in China or if it's BPA-free, even if that information is clearly available on woot's page selling that product; in fact, woot often gives those posts and the responses to them QPs. I can't speak for the artists, but in my line of business, I'd rather know why customers weren't buying my product instead of looking at sales and wondering why they're so low. If Kevlar sells half the shirts he typically does, he might wonder if it were something about the design or if people didn't like royal blue shirts or if the pun wasn't obvious enough; having a dozen people say, "I would have bought it if it were printed on AA" tells him that it's not his art, the color of the shirt, or the obviousness of his pun/message/story. I named Kevlar largely at random (although partly because I thought he wouldn't mind), so I want to make it clear that I'm not speaking for Kevin - but I suspect most artists would rather know low sales were due to Anvil blanks than to tear his/her hair out wondering what was wrong with his/her art that it didn't sell as well as previous shirts.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

trekmiss


quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
bounty42 wrote:PERSONALLY: I think they should open up WOMENS sizes, and only Womens sizes, to print on BOTH blanks. Men can deal with Anvil, and Kids are comprable, if short. But neither range offers a sufficent stock to fit all our lady wooters, and by including both you'll increase sales, and save on Mens where most of the sales are anyways.



Your solution here still leaves me out. I'm a lady wooter that wears an AA MXL. Anvil MXL is too short, and the sleeves are too long and wide, and the neck is too huge. Anvil WXL is way too short, although the sleeves and neck would probably fit better than the MXL. The better solution is offer AA and Anvil for both men's and women's sizes.

margiecakes


quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
bounty42 wrote:Your not wrong.

*snip*

That said "I would buy this if you printed on AA" needs to be in the thread for the shirt. First, it's a warning "HEY THIS ISN'T AA". Apparently after 16 weeks some people still need these. Second, it's feedback, not for the artist, but for the company. Some metrics say that for every complaint you get, there's 100 people who thought the same thing but didn't comment. I doubt that ratio holds for the internet, but we can be reasonably certain that not everyone who would have bought an AA is complaining about Anvil every shirt.

*snip*



Hey, how did you find my not wrong?! I've been looking for that. Oh, my not wrong, I promise never to let you go again. ;)

The thing about the scenario you described is that it leaves out every person who got an Anvil t-shirt and didn't mind, didn't notice a difference, or (Horror! Shock! Unpossible!) actually preferred it. If the metric stands as you say, it doesn't even account for the hundreds if not thousands of people who bought a product and were perfectly satisfied. The people most likely to be vocal are the people who are grumpy for some reason. Does that mean that most people are grumpy, and just didn't speak up? Unlikely. It generally means that the majority of people were satisfied, but we live in a culture where we are more likely to voice our discontent than our approval.

Mama always said "The squeaky wheel gets greased." Which is fine and good in some instances, but disregards the fact that there are thousands of non-squeaky wheels that are plodding along contentedly, while we don't notice them since they are doing their job just fine.

I'm not really a fan of the censorship thing, but I can't say that I will miss/my community experience will be diminished by the absence of people posting, "Not AA. *sadcheeks*" in every thread.


Again, I realize I am in the minority (of vocal posters) with my statements.







wh1pst1ckag0st0p


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wh1pst1ckag0st0p

I'm usually Women's XL, but now the sizing is weird. Medium would fit but probably be too short. Large would be too big. XL is beyond gigantic now. Why not introduce XXL instead of screwing with everything?

I'm no beanpole, but I'm sure skinny women would love to wear your shirts as well. I feel really bad for any chick who used to wear a Small...I'm not sure what she's supposed to do now.

sarXtreme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarXtreme

This is a horrible decision on Woot's part. I understand that some women are bigger, but that is why they sell larges and extra larges. Also, it is bad taste to say that because I wear small sizes I don't have curves and am a bean pole.

Woot has definitely lost me as a customer because I don't think that I should be forced to wear kids' sizes because they decided Women's Larges should be labeled as Smalls.

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
sarXtreme wrote:This is a horrible decision on Woot's part. I understand that some women are bigger, but that is why they sell larges and extra larges. Also, it is bad taste to say that because I wear small sizes I don't have curves and am a bean pole.

Woot has definitely lost me as a customer because I don't think that I should be forced to wear kids' sizes because they decided Women's Larges should be labeled as Smalls.



Technically the Haunderans decided that, Woot just chose to go off shore for their 'product.'



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

geekypanda13


quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13

well I am NOT happy at all about the change, because the shirts are baggy and unflattering to someone with a figure. They say it is for women with "curves" well I am curvy, a D cup, and I wear xs to s in juniors. Woot was the ONLY sight that had nice fitted shirts, and now I have 2 options. Buy the shirt and then spend an hour customizing it by using an old woot shirt I have that is a TRUE small, and not this "let's make them bigger because the world is growing" or, not buy the shirts. I think I will just not buy the shirts now, which again, really sucks. The last one I bought, is this new style and It is horrible........IF you are going to stick to this, then please woot, consider an XS for those of us who are still curvy, but petite.



Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

geekypanda13


quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13
sarXtreme wrote:This is a horrible decision on Woot's part. I understand that some women are bigger, but that is why they sell larges and extra larges. Also, it is bad taste to say that because I wear small sizes I don't have curves and am a bean pole.

Woot has definitely lost me as a customer because I don't think that I should be forced to wear kids' sizes because they decided Women's Larges should be labeled as Smalls.



isn't that the truth! couldn't have said it better myself. The new style is more like large......I guess the new large is a bedsheet size.



Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

geekypanda13


quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13
wh1pst1ckag0st0p wrote:I'm usually Women's XL, but now the sizing is weird. Medium would fit but probably be too short. Large would be too big. XL is beyond gigantic now. Why not introduce XXL instead of screwing with everything?

I'm no beanpole, but I'm sure skinny women would love to wear your shirts as well. I feel really bad for any chick who used to wear a Small...I'm not sure what she's supposed to do now.



well coming from a girl who used to buy the woot smalls. We are screwed. The new small is like a LARGE.



Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
geekypanda13 wrote:I am curvy... xs to s in juniors.

consider an XS for those of us who are still curvy, but petite.



I think we all need to aknowledge that "curvy" is being used as a polite euphimism for "can't shop in the juniors department". Because no one wants to use the f-word.

I also notice no ones been using the number system that as I guy I don't really get, but am aware of in a general sense.



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Slarti59


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
bounty42 wrote:I think we all need to aknowledge that "curvy" is being used as a polite euphimism for "can't shop in the juniors department". Because no one wants to use the f-word.

I also notice no ones been using the number system that as I guy I don't really get, but am aware of in a general sense.



The number system is mostly used for pants and dresses. It might also be used for dress shirts, but I've never seen it used for things made out of t-shirt material: shirts, tanks, hoodies, yoga pants, etc...

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Slarti59 wrote:The number system is mostly used for pants and dresses. It might also be used for dress shirts, but I've never seen it used for things made out of t-shirt material: shirts, tanks, hoodies, yoga pants, etc...



All I know is that I still take verbal excriment for the time I reversed engineered the system for lengerie measurements, and applied them to Halfling Characters for a D&D campaign....



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

elsendor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elsendor
ProfHotpants wrote:
1. Almost all the ladies went down a size (from what they would have worn in our old blanks). The women who wore a WS in the old blanks preferred the fit of the new WS to the kids' sizes.



I've been wearing the WSs for a couple of years now and absolutely loved them, and I'm really disappointed to see that not only do the shirts no longer fit me as well, but I also have no option to go down a size.

I'm certainly no 'beanpole' (I keep getting comments lately about how rare it is to see an Asian with real curves), but the old shirts fit me just fine. I'm sad to see them go and frankly will no longer be checking in daily on new shirts, let alone buying them.

Ice29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ice29

I'm really quite frustrated that unless someone has ENDLESS hours to sit on their butt and read through message boards, it's impossible to know that the women's shirt sizes changed pretty drastically. (As in the new Women's Large would be roomy on my fiance who normally takes Men's Large.)

Why can't there be some sort of banner on shirt.woot saying to double check the new size chart? As someone who has bought shirts for a few years now and have received several Woot shirts as gifts... it didn't strike me to pour over the sizing chart because I have been able to order the same size for a few years.

I feel like the hue sizing change is a slightly hidden fact, and it is unfair that the policy on the FAQ page is to not allow returns because of sizing discrepancies.

And additionally... if there is a change over going on that some shirts are still printed on the old sizes and some new, until it's ALL new shirts being used, there needs to be some flexibility or at least a little flashing banner on the side of the site saying that this is going on.

Quite disappointed. :-(

joannalaine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joannalaine

I'm *incredibly* late to the game, but there just hasn't been a design I wanted to buy until lately. Now I have a $12 black cotton tent that I'm not sure what to do with. God forbid I should be allowed to return it.
I was fine with the fact that I wore an XL because I wear an XL in most other shirts. Now I wear a medium? Does not compute. This is what I get for buying clothes on the Internet.

linkmeblink


quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkmeblink

This is unfortunately the reason why I won't buy anything from Tee Fury. To me the sizes are weird.

I am not a "beanpole" and I am curvy and the old WM fit me perfectly. I just received the new WM and it is so large and very long!

The new sizes between a WS and WM jumps from a 34 to 38 bust size! And unfortunately the kids sizes are too short and the men's too long. Looks like this is my last Woot Shirt. :-(

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

I'm happy to report that the size small ladies' tank tops do fit my tiny self pretty well. They're a bit loose around the underarms but that will probably get better with one wash/dry. I'll post a picture later, maybe.

lastroses


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lastroses

I'm a petite woman (5 feet tall and 95 pounds) with small breasts so even the original AA Woot shirts were a bit loose on me (not as bad as Teefury WS shirts though). With this change in blank tees, I'm pretty much left out of the shirt-buying fun unless I want to wear a tent (I don't). If Woot ever decides to include WXS I will be all over it.

Looked up the size difference between Teefury WS and new Woot WS. New Woot is bigger in the chest area and shorter in length, yikes.

amberrosie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberrosie
joannalaine wrote:I'm *incredibly* late to the game, but there just hasn't been a design I wanted to buy until lately. Now I have a $12 black cotton tent that I'm not sure what to do with. God forbid I should be allowed to return it.
I was fine with the fact that I wore an XL because I wear an XL in most other shirts. Now I wear a medium? Does not compute. This is what I get for buying clothes on the Internet.



This is why I'm here too but call it grey cotton tent haha. But, I did email Woot and they're willing to do an exchange. I'm also going from an XL to a Medium (I think, their sizing is incredibly confusing and I had to base this decision off of photos posted in this thread). If the medium doesn't fit in a way I like, I just won't buy Woot shirts anymore. This much stress for a T-shirt is not worth it.

schroddie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie

Hi everyone,

I'm going to send an email to service@woot.com about the following but I was wondering if anybody would be able to help as well.

I used to buy WXL so after checking the new sizing chart, I went with WL. However, the shirt looks a lot like a man shirt (i.e., square shape instead of hourglass shape) and in fact, there is no "woman" symbol on the tag. Did I receive a man shirt or is that the new style?

Has any of the girls here bought a shirt under the new sizing system? Do you have a "woman" symbol on the tag (like before)? Does your shirt have an "hourglass" shape or more like a "square"/man shape?

Thanks a lot!

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
schroddie wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm going to send an email to service@woot.com about the following but I was wondering if anybody would be able to help as well.

I used to buy WXL so after checking the new sizing chart, I went with WL. However, the shirt looks a lot like a man shirt (i.e., square shape instead of hourglass shape) and in fact, there is no "woman" symbol on the tag. Did I receive a man shirt or is that the new style?

Has any of the girls here bought a shirt under the new sizing system? Do you have a "woman" symbol on the tag (like before)? Does your shirt have an "hourglass" shape or more like a "square"/man shape?

Thanks a lot!



It is now different colored. I think it is light blue for women and dark for men.

schroddie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie
blanked wrote:It is now different colored. I think it is light blue for women and dark for men.



Thanks for your quick reply! What is colored: the woot "exclamation point" logo or the size itself? The exclamation point logo is indeed light blue but the L is black.

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
schroddie wrote:Thanks for your quick reply! What is colored: the woot "exclamation point" logo or the size itself? The exclamation point logo is indeed light blue but the L is black.



The logo

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
schroddie wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm going to send an email to service@woot.com about the following but I was wondering if anybody would be able to help as well.

I used to buy WXL so after checking the new sizing chart, I went with WL. However, the shirt looks a lot like a man shirt (i.e., square shape instead of hourglass shape) and in fact, there is no "woman" symbol on the tag. Did I receive a man shirt or is that the new style?

Has any of the girls here bought a shirt under the new sizing system? Do you have a "woman" symbol on the tag (like before)? Does your shirt have an "hourglass" shape or more like a "square"/man shape?

Thanks a lot!



I will say that when you just hold up one of the Anvil shirts, the women's shirts don't immediately have a feminine cut to them. Or at least I didn't notice it. However, I noticed a big difference (to the AA WXL and AA MM) once I put the Anvil shirt on. Just give it a try, everyone has reacted to the change differently. Some people like the new shirts, others want them gone. It's all up to each person to decide what fits their body the best.

schroddie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie
blanked wrote:The logo


Thanks! It is light blue indeed.

aerc712 wrote:I will say that when you just hold up one of the Anvil shirts, the women's shirts don't immediately have a feminine cut to them. Or at least I didn't notice it. However, I noticed a big difference (to the AA WXL and AA MM) once I put the Anvil shirt on. Just give it a try, everyone has reacted to the change differently. Some people like the new shirts, others want them gone. It's all up to each person to decide what fits their body the best.


Thanks! Following your advice, I just tried it and you're right. There is a "woman" curve to it once it is on. I guess next time, I'll probably order Medium instead, though. But at least it's good to know that I've received the right one.

Sokudoningyou


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Sokudoningyou
schroddie wrote:Thanks! Following your advice, I just tried it and you're right. There is a "woman" curve to it once it is on. I guess next time, I'll probably order Medium instead, though. But at least it's good to know that I've received the right one.



You must be lucky, then; the WM I got has no curve at all to it. On me (and I'm pretty hippy these days) it's a square. I was buying medium to compensate for my "college ten" even though I can wear a WS tightly, but I'm pretty much done with shirts from Woot now. This is ridiculous. They all but kept the change under wraps like it was a precious secret, it's no longer a US made shirt, and the sizes are way out of whack.

But what am I saying? According to Woot, there's apparently not enough of us complaining anyway.

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Sokudoningyou wrote:But what am I saying? According to Woot, there's apparently not enough of us complaining anyway.



Woot hasn't said we don't complain enough. They're been pretty clear that we're complaining more than they'd like. They have said we aren't impacting sales numbers enough, or at least that's what a refusal to retract position says.

Personally I think they're just about to a Point of No Return. Much longer and it won't matter if they go back to AA, they won't be regaining what they've lost.



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

carol2bs1grl


quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl

I'm on the fence with trying the new women's sizes. I've bought mostly ML, because the WL didn't fit my shoulders nicely...plus I like to wear my shirt a little baggy sometimes. Since the changeover...I've been hesitant to buy any shirts at all. One, I don't even know what to try now....I have a long torso at 5'10".....plus, it still aggravates me (and many others, I know) that WOOT *asked* us if we would support them upping the price tag on WOOT shirts....so they could continue using ones made in the USA...and then a month after the price increase, change to overseas anyhow. I still don't get that one. Just how is that a sound business practice?

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
carol2bs1grl wrote:I'm on the fence with trying the new women's sizes. I've bought mostly ML, because the WL didn't fit my shoulders nicely...plus I like to wear my shirt a little baggy sometimes. Since the changeover...I've been hesitant to buy any shirts at all. One, I don't even know what to try now....I have a long torso at 5'10".....plus, it still aggravates me (and many others, I know) that WOOT *asked* us if we would support them upping the price tag on WOOT shirts....so they could continue using ones made in the USA...and then a month after the price increase, change to overseas anyhow. I still don't get that one. Just how is that a sound business practice?



No, they never asked. They never said they were sticking with the same manufacturer at all.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

carol2bs1grl


quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
Mavyn wrote:No, they never asked. They never said they were sticking with the same manufacturer at all.



I stand corrected....I was apparently remembering the comments by other wooters about sticking with USA made, not WOOT staff. Though when they say

... and we think twelve dollars plus free shipping is still a pretty rad price for high-quality, exclusive graphic tees.

I was left to assume the price was all that was changing.

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
carol2bs1grl wrote:I'm on the fence with trying the new women's sizes. I've bought mostly ML, because the WL didn't fit my shoulders nicely...plus I like to wear my shirt a little baggy sometimes. Since the changeover...I've been hesitant to buy any shirts at all. One, I don't even know what to try now....I have a long torso at 5'10".....plus, it still aggravates me (and many others, I know) that WOOT *asked* us if we would support them upping the price tag on WOOT shirts....so they could continue using ones made in the USA...and then a month after the price increase, change to overseas anyhow. I still don't get that one. Just how is that a sound business practice?



As for the size, stick with the men's. I am the same hight and size, but have a short torso (C7 to the base of the sacrum is 22" on me). On you the extra fabric for the hips will be at the waist making the shirt look boxy and unflattering.

Frankly if anvil lengthened the shirts it would fix many of the boxy complaints, but as I think it is that way to save on fabric (aka $) it won't happen.

vkcraft


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vkcraft
inspektordogge wrote:Now it seems like an extra small is in order. Sure, some women aren't small; you solved that problem. But my girlfriend has trouble finding anything that fits her well at all, most women's small t shirts look like tunics on her. I guess you can't please everyone...



agreed. i have that problem too - you most definitely need to add an extra small

abrahamz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrahamz
blanked wrote:As for the size, stick with the men's. I am the same hight and size, but have a short torso (C7 to the base of the sacrum is 22" on me). On you the extra fabric for the hips will be at the waist making the shirt look boxy and unflattering.

Frankly if anvil lengthened the shirts it would fix many of the boxy complaints, but as I think it is that way to save on fabric (aka $) it won't happen.



Plus, the art is sized down on the women’s shirts which no longer makes sense since the men’s and women’s sizes are almost identical now.

mizzard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mizzard

I recently ordered an Unstealthiest Ninja II shirt in a Women's large without knowing that Woot had changed suppliers. The shirt that I was sent it HUGE compared to the Women's large that I have gotten in the past. At first I thought that I was sent a Men's Large and even asked Woot about it. I got a response saying that I had in fact been sent the correct size. I guess from now on I need to order smalls. I just hope I can still get an Unstealthiest Ninja II sent to me in a size that I can actually wear.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3886393171918&set=a.1147609504038.22590.1641595739&type=1&theater

ninjakins


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjakins

I had the same situation where I got a shirt that was way, way too big for me because of the size change.

But...once I went down two (!!) sizes and the right-sized Anvil shirt came in, I gotta say, they work for me. I like that they're a little more forgiving on us chesty ladies without being crazy baggy. Perhaps it's just my weird body type, but it fits fairly well. I agree they're not as thick but, once I got used to the size difference...I kinda like them.

However, after years of fighting wiggly sizing standards in women's clothing, I have to say Anvil does have the weirdest, most out of norm size chart I've ever seen.

candaceacarpenter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages candaceacarpenter

I just got a new shirt in ladies, and I gotta say that it's not great. I got an XL. The armholes are tight and the chest is very baggy, and I have a large chest. I asked by husband to try it and it looked better on him than it does on me. I would go for a smaller size, but the arm holes are already tight, so I can't imagine they would fit.

anitay20


quality posts: 0 Private Messages anitay20

I also didn't realized the new woot shirts have a new manufacturer. It looks like I'm wearing men's tshirts when I wear the new woot shirts. They are too big and I wear a WM. I guess I will be wearing these shirts to work out .

I don't think I'll buy any more shirts for me anymore.

elisabethmd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elisabethmd

I said earlier in this thread that Woot lost me as a customer. Well, since I'm seeing awesome shirts here, I'm trying to find an Anvil that will fit me. So far, no luck, with the womens shirts.

I've realized I may have to try the mens, but as the AA WXL fit me a bit snugly, and I'm losing weight, I'm not sure whether to go for MS or MM. Has anyone seen comparison photos between these sizes? I would love to see how they look after washing/shrinking.

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
elisabethmd wrote:I said earlier in this thread that Woot lost me as a customer. Well, since I'm seeing awesome shirts here, I'm trying to find an Anvil that will fit me. So far, no luck, with the womens shirts.

I've realized I may have to try the mens, but as the AA WXL fit me a bit snugly, and I'm losing weight, I'm not sure whether to go for MS or MM. Has anyone seen comparison photos between these sizes? I would love to see how they look after washing/shrinking.



Photos

Some lovely helpful person linked me to that previously when I asked a similar question. Im just trying to find a link to the other photos they also took for me:

Clickity Click

Hope that helps a bit

elisabethmd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elisabethmd
lilsquiggle wrote:Photos

Some lovely helpful person linked me to that previously when I asked a similar question. Im just trying to find a link to the other photos they also took for me:

Clickity Click

Hope that helps a bit



Thanks, but I was looking for comparisons between Womens XL and Mens Small and Medium. I believe both these posts are comparisons between Womens sizes only.