lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
elisabethmd wrote:Thanks, but I was looking for comparisons between Womens XL and Mens Small and Medium. I believe both these posts are comparisons between Womens sizes only.



Second one is comparison between AA WL and Anvil MS to show the difference in shoulders, but yeah sorry, didn't read your post properly XD

mouser882


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882

So, I ordered a shirt even though I knew it was gonna be bad, and indeed it was worse than expected. The sleeves are awful - long but awkward with low shoulders. The shape and size are bad enough - WS fits like a men's M - but I could fix that with a few stitches. The real kicker is the fabric. Stiff, scratchy, and uncomfortable, a far cry from all my AA woot shirts.

duckylove


quality posts: 0 Private Messages duckylove

I may be in the minority but I am so excited!!! I just found out and immediately bought a shirt. I had stopped even looking at woot because I refuse to wear men's clothes when I'm not even plus size!! I can't wait to buy many, many more. Thanks woot!!

maggiearnold83


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maggiearnold83

I just got one of the new ladie's shirts, and I am extremely disappointed in both the sizing and the quality of the fabric! Although you say there is no difference in quality, the fabric is scratchy compared to my other Woot! shirts. Plus, the women's medium is so huge on me (and I'm a D cup!) that I don't even think the small would come close to fitting me. As another poster commented, there has also been a price increase, which doesn't make sense given the claim that the new shirts are cheaper to purchase. I'm very, very disappointed in these new shirts and won't be buying any more. Please bring back the old shirts!!!

reece4tw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages reece4tw

well i was wondering why my xxl mens shirt felt shorter and less comfortable, guess i know now. sadly i dont frequent these forums to hear about these things.

so if we're moving away from AA shirts can we go back to the 10 dollar shirt prices? if not i think ill just take my tshirt adventure somewhere else. i'll miss out on some designs but id rather pay more for a shirt brand i actually like without having to play the size guessing game.

zzzz...

blink1kt2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blink1kt2

Of course I see this after getting completely screwed over AGAIN. Oh well, I give up. Goodbye forever, woot.

TiraNomChu


quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

well I'm a little behind on actually posting this here....

I was surprised by the different sizing. I hadn't bought a shirt in a while since my first few and then i went and found a couple I wanted (i had discovered the magic of the derby) I shelled out some money for a few of them and I was really confused why I had this horrendously large, ill-fitting shirt arrive in my mail.

it was the Tyger shirt. Lovely design, I ordered what I thought was my size (xl) and it was ginormous. I'm no beanpole. I'm not even busty. I'd like to say I'm quite the average fatty. But no way in hell was I going to fill that shirt in any way shape or form.

I sucked it up, not knowing what else to do about it. After all, I figured it was just my own fault for buying off the internet without getting to try it on. I hoped it would shrink a bit after washing. It didn't.

Then I went and ordered another shirt for myself. And it was likewise a terrible fit. I ordered a few others that did by some luck actually fit, but this isn't about them. in the end I didn't have any luck with that shirt, the first shirt, or any of the next few *new* shirts I received.

In fact, they come a little short. Which is weird. So it's short and wide. Not only does it look like a sack, but i end up showing off my lower back or my muffin top when I stretch my arms above my head anyways.

So I had enough and I looked it up as to why my shirts suck now. now I know. And I know how to spot those rarities that are printed on the better old ones.

it's a load of crock for them to state that some members of the staff "can't tell the difference"... though I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe some of them really are crazy enough to actually "prefer" the new ones.

and yes, I have passed up several designs I've really liked because I can't see myself wearing that fit
Fortunately for Woot! and my boyfriend, the men's shirts don't have as terrible a change-up, but A LOT of the impulse buying I usually do with Woot! has been cut back. I cannot in good faith even recommend the Woot shirts to my fellow female shirt shoppers and instead we have to go to different sites.

bottom line, these new shirts are terrible news for business.

TiraNomChu


quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
reece4tw wrote:well i was wondering why my xxl mens shirt felt shorter and less comfortable, guess i know now. sadly i dont frequent these forums to hear about these things.

so if we're moving away from AA shirts can we go back to the 10 dollar shirt prices? if not i think ill just take my tshirt adventure somewhere else. i'll miss out on some designs but id rather pay more for a shirt brand i actually like without having to play the size guessing game.

zzzz...



psh, i still check back in daily with shirt.woot in high hopes, but to no avail. Much of my shopping is being detoured away from here already, so if that keeps up, I can see myself beginning to forget to keep checking in every midnight.

I feel like I've already wasted money on some of the shirts I got from here printed on the new fit- they're so bad, i hardly wear them except maybe around the house, to bed, or when i'm really going for that "I'm running to the store for milk and know i look like a mess, but really REALLY don't care"

TiraNomChu


quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
duckylove wrote:I may be in the minority but I am so excited!!! I just found out and immediately bought a shirt. I had stopped even looking at woot because I refuse to wear men's clothes when I'm not even plus size!! I can't wait to buy many, many more. Thanks woot!!



I wear XL. The new XL is big- it would fit more than many plus sizes need.

TiraNomChu


quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
margiecakes wrote:The thing about the scenario you described is that it leaves out every person who got an Anvil t-shirt and didn't mind, didn't notice a difference, or (Horror! Shock! Unpossible!) actually preferred it. If the metric stands as you say, it doesn't even account for the hundreds if not thousands of people who bought a product and were perfectly satisfied. The people most likely to be vocal are the people who are grumpy for some reason. Does that mean that most people are grumpy, and just didn't speak up? Unlikely. It generally means that the majority of people were satisfied, but we live in a culture where we are more likely to voice our discontent than our approval.

Mama always said "The squeaky wheel gets greased." Which is fine and good in some instances, but disregards the fact that there are thousands of non-squeaky wheels that are plodding along contentedly, while we don't notice them since they are doing their job just fine.

I'm not really a fan of the censorship thing, but I can't say that I will miss/my community experience will be diminished by the absence of people posting, "Not AA. *sadcheeks*" in every thread.


Again, I realize I am in the minority (of vocal posters) with my statements.



perhaps those who prefer it will keep Woot sales afloat then. If Woot only wants to cater to those who can live with the change, then I suppose those are the sales they will (and have been) garner(ing).

I'm all for the suggestion of printing on both. I'm sure it would turn a greater profit for them than the current methods.

If Woot decides it is for the best that we never look back, then I can guarantee you that many buyers will never look back, either. And yes, those who are happy with the change will remain, but sales have reflected that the numbers are hardly comparable to sales before the change.

just as with any market (or food chain, for that matter) if the consumers dwindle, the artists will seek to feature elsewhere, and all of a sudden, the quality artwork will dwindle as well.

If there are people happy with the change, then that's great. But you can't simply say we're ignoring them while in turn ignoring the UNhappy. Both are here. But truth be told, the unsatisfied will hurt more than the satisfied will support. (it's that power of three rule with customers in retail... happy customers spread the word to three people they know, etc etc... but one unhappy person will tell every. single. person. they. know.)

as for censorship, I personally couldn't care less about how they handle posts since I'm hardly in the forums (I find them a bit awkward to navigate) but I understand why they'd want to corral all the complaints to a unified board or thread.

after all, sifting through dozens of complaints about the same thing just the read the next funny post by a fellow Wooter kinda kills the Woot! spirit.

But I still think if you're unhappy about the shirts and you have such inclination to do so, go post in all the threads you visit about the shirts. Just expect to get pretty much all your posts about that either moved or removed.

TiraNomChu


quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
maldrina wrote:Threadless here I come.
Narfcake wrote:I found their quality to be rather underwhelming. They used to be AA, then to FotL, then to Bangladesh, then to India, and these days, I have no idea where their blanks are made in.



But I like their fit. Even if, as a big girl, I have to size up to an xl or xxl on their unidentified foreign blanks, It fits SO much better than these new woot shirts. I feel sexy and cool in a good fit. not awkward and... awkward.

wolfofshadowmoon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfofshadowmoon

I've been a huge shirt.woot fan since I discovered it.

I haddn't heard about the change over to Anvil until I got my WS shirt in yesterday and I honestly thought it was a MEN's small. I e-mailed service@woot.com and they directed me to this thread.

If they don't come out with a WXS or change to another brand of shirt, I'm sorry to say I won't be purchasing shirts at Woot any more. I love the designs but I'm looking for T-shirts, not tents. This is really very disappointing

LaVikinga


quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
wolfofshadowmoon wrote:I've been a huge shirt.woot fan since I discovered it.

I haddn't heard about the change over to Anvil until I got my WS shirt in yesterday and I honestly thought it was a MEN's small. I e-mailed service@woot.com and they directed me to this thread.

If they don't come out with a WXS or change to another brand of shirt, I'm sorry to say I won't be purchasing shirts at Woot any more. I love the designs but I'm looking for T-shirts, not tents. This is really very disappointing



After reading all the comments, I ordered my last T down one size to a WL. It arrived the other day and I swear it is larger than the old AA WXL. I'm a big girl: 5'10" 39-27-38 and even on my frame the shirt is BAGGY! It's on the long side, so there's no complaint there. Length is always good. Guess I will try the hot wash/hot dryer to see if I can shrink it a bit, even though it is supposed to be pre-shrunk.
The fabric is ring spun and seems fairly soft. Made in Nicaragua with the Anvil tag, but no woot! logo any where to be found.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
wolfofshadowmoon wrote:I'm looking for T-shirts, not tents.



Vocabulary lesson time!
A tent is portable structure that folks use when they want to sleep outside but have a little barrier between them and Mother Nature.

A shirt is an article of clothing. It is far too small to be used as makeshift sleeping quarters when one ventures outside.

Ridiculous? Yes. But, so is the fact the folks think it's okay to equate the two terms.

We get it, people are unhappy with the Anvil shirts. I'm sorry. Just because you're unhappy with how the new shirts fit does not mean you have to say everyone who is okay with the Anvil shirts is so big they have to wear a tent. That may not be the intent, but that is how it comes across folks.

Woot knows by this point that a lot of people are unhappy and are opting to not purchase the Anvil shirts. The incessant posts about numbers have shown that sales are down. Customer service has taken care of many unhappy customers who didn't click on the giant yellow sizing chart button. In every new shirt's thread there are remarks that if the design was printed on AA someone would purchase it, but they won't because they don't like Anvil. If people are really that unsatisfied, why stay? Honestly, explain this. Why waste your time? By this point, continuing the "Anvil's terrible" or "Woot's falling apart" posts is getting to be a bit pathetic. It was one thing to make your point in the early stages of the switch and show that not everyone loved the Anvil shirts. What can possibly be proven now? Nothing new can possibly be said at this point. Woot has all the numbers on their end, so it's not like yet another "You lost a sale because this isn't on AA" post will make a difference.

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

This thread is specifically for feedback and questions about women's sizing in woot tees.

Both positive and negative.

Thus, all voices, so long as they respect the rules of the forum and some basic common courtesy for each other's differing opinions, are welcome.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
goldenthorn wrote:basic common courtesy



Where is that wonderful common courtesy when folks continue to berate those who like the Anvil shirts? What about when people say women who like the Anvil shirts are so big they have to wear a tent? Or, where is that courtesy when people are actually criticized for pointing out the hurtful language that's been used since the change?

mscrankypants


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants

Maybe I have missed it, but I have been following this thread fairly closely, and I have never seen any pro-Anvil posters "berated." I have seen the Anvil shirts described as tent-like and, having tried one on, I must concur with this description. I don't understand how criticism of the way in which a garment fits is construed as an attack on those who wear said garment and enjoy it.
I recall a thread from over a year ago that criticized the fact that AA did not fit many body types. I was not offended by the fact many women did not like the fit of AA. In fact, that thread was quite civil.

Anvil DOES fit like a tent.

aerc712 wrote:Where is that wonderful common courtesy when folks continue to berate those who like the Anvil shirts? What about when people say women who like the Anvil shirts are so big they have to wear a tent? Or, where is that courtesy when people are actually criticized for pointing out the hurtful language that's been used since the change?



goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

aerc712 wrote:Where is that wonderful common courtesy when folks continue to berate those who like the Anvil shirts? What about when people say women who like the Anvil shirts are so big they have to wear a tent? Or, where is that courtesy when people are actually criticized for pointing out the hurtful language that's been used since the change?



Woot encourages all users to report any transgressive posts. Any such found have been, are, and will continue to be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

Specific to this issue, I am concerned that there may be a bit of a tangle in communication. In an attempt to facilitate a better understanding of certain modes of communication, I will posit that were I to put on my brother or my best friend's shirt, I would say that it would hang "like a tent" on me, just as were my mother or other friends to put on a shirt of mine, it would hang "like a tent" on them. This would be a simile for how the article of clothing fits me or another, rather than an indictment of my brother's or best friend's or my sizes. The simile "fits me like a tent" is an old English idiom for "it's too big on me."

Still, I do understand and appreciate your concerns. Personal attacks and trolling are never ok. I ask that you remain vigilant for posts that violate forum etiquette and report them accordingly.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
goldenthorn wrote:Woot encourages all users to report any transgressive posts. Any such found have been, are, and will continue to be dealt with in an appropriate manner.


Specific to this issue, I am concerned that thete may be a bit of a miaunderstanding in communication. In an attempt to facilitate a better understanding of certain modes of communication, I will posit that were I to put on my brother or my best friend's shirt, I would say that it would hang "like a tent" on me, just as were my mother or other friend's to put on a shirt of mine, it would hang "like a tent" on them. This would be a simile for how the article of clothing fits me or another, rather than an indictment of my brother's or best friend's or my sizes. The simile "like a tent" for "too big" is an old English idiom.



I'll concede that "berate" may not have been the appropriate word choice for my last comment. However, it does seem like when folks have spoken in favor of the Anvil shirts, they have received some negative comments in return. Clothing falls differently on everyone and for some folks at woot, the Anvil shirts fit just fine. It shouldn't be a problem to say that. However, those who are so discontent take issue with that. Think of it this way - you might not like how shirts fit now and hate the happy person, but maybe that person was in your shoes a few months ago when woot still used the AA shirts.

The woot policy on comments is so loosely enforced at times. It honestly seems like woot folks are giving up on this and only coming in and deleting stuff once people have gotten to the point of "Accept it, you're fat and that's why you like Anvil shirts, stop complaining about how we describe them." Actually, that's a tame version of some things that have been posted here.

As for the lesson in idioms - this is just another example of how people are brushing off folks who actually speak up and say that some of the descriptions used in comments can come across as pretty hurtful. Official folks at woot should be particularly ashamed for this. At first it was encouraged that people be respectful of how they phrased things and keep in mind that comments about a person's body size can be particularly hurtful since it's a sensitive subject for many, many people. Now, it's a free for all and people are just told to stop reading.

I said this a long time ago - no shirt will ever be perfect for all of woot's potential customers. Every person is a unique size and shape. What works for one person, won't work for another. However, just because someone is upset does not mean that they have to insult and hurt those who are happy with the Anvil shirts and ruin their day or make them feel like they're a cow.

mscrankypants


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants

I think you are reading too much into people's comments on the fit of the shirt. For some, the issue is that the new shirts are too big. My issue is more that I don't like the new shape. It flares (or "tents," if you will) out as it nears the waist. That, along with the shorter length, makes for a bell shape that I do not care for. This has very little to do with size of the shirt or the wearer. I think this is what many people have been referring to when they complained of "tent-like."
That said, women long complained that if you had any measurable bust size, the AA would not fit. As a girl who easily fits into AAs, I did not take offense at this assessment.
People are unhappy about the shirt change. Try not to read too much into their complaints.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
mscrankypants wrote:I think you are reading too much into people's comments on the fit of the shirt. For some, the issue is that the new shirts are too big. My issue is more that I don't like the new shape. It flares (or "tents," if you will) out as it nears the waist. That, along with the shorter length, makes for a bell shape that I do not care for. This has very little to do with size of the shirt or the wearer. I think this is what many people have been referring to when they complained of "tent-like."
That said, women long complained that if you had any measurable bust size, the AA would not fit. As a girl who easily fits into AAs, I did not take offense at this assessment.
People are unhappy about the shirt change. Try not to read too much into their complaints.



To say that a shirt flares out or has a bell shape to it is one thing. That's not an issue. To say that a shirt *is* a tent is a problem. An even bigger problem is the fact that people have actually written that saying the Anvil shirts fit curvy people just to be PC and not explicitly call them fat should stop.

There are plenty of occasions when I pass over comments about the Anvil shirts or flat out ignore things related to them. However, I feel like things have gotten to the point where people need to stop acting like it's okay to use hurtful descriptions. If people are allowed to post about how they don't like the new shirts, then others should be allowed to say that they don't appreciate comments that are being made in reference to those who do like the Anvil shirts (particularly the ladies sizes).

mscrankypants


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants

I give up. Someone looking for offense will always find it. I wish you well.

aerc712 wrote:To say that a shirt flares out or has a bell shape to it is one thing. That's not an issue. To say that a shirt *is* a tent is a problem. An even bigger problem is the fact that people have actually written that saying the Anvil shirts fit curvy people just to be PC and not explicitly call them fat should stop.

There are plenty of occasions when I pass over comments about the Anvil shirts or flat out ignore things related to them. However, I feel like things have gotten to the point where people need to stop acting like it's okay to use hurtful descriptions. If people are allowed to post about how they don't like the new shirts, then others should be allowed to say that they don't appreciate comments that are being made in reference to those who do like the Anvil shirts (particularly the ladies sizes).



aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
mscrankypants wrote:I give up. Someone looking for offense will always find it. I wish you well.



I'm not "looking for offense." There is a serious issue with how the tone of the Anvil discussions has changed. The element of respect that was there in the beginning is all but gone. Now, folks don't hesitate to write comments that upset others. A few people have spoken up to caution them to try and be mindful of what they're saying, but instead of being met with compassion or understanding, they're told to just deal with it. How would you feel if you were upset by someone and then, after saying so, were told to just deal with it? It's not a pleasant situation to be in and frankly it makes things worse because it further demonstrates a lack of respect.

ljwilke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
aerc712 wrote: An even bigger problem is the fact that people have actually written that saying the Anvil shirts fit curvy people just to be PC and not explicitly call them fat should stop.



here you have a very valid point. the people who have said "curvy" is PC for "fat" should stop. in fact, those people should be punched in the face.

the tent thing, not so much. when people use the dreaded t-word, they generally mean one of two things.

1) it is the idiom that goldenthorn was refering to. they have bought a shirt in a size that would have fit in AA and received an anvil instead, and now have a shirt that is two sizes too large, and hangs rather comically on them. since it seems to be the largest logical group to enjoy the change i'm going to assume for comparison purposes that you were previously unable to buy the womens shirts because AA runs tiny and are now happily fitting into an anvil L (if this assumption is incorrect i apologize, but since it's only for comparison i hope you can forgive my presumption). i personally wear a men's 2x, so two sizes larger. if you were to put one of my shirt on it would fit rather poorly, like a tent, if you will.

2) it is a reference to the flaring shape. go look at the pictures of bootsboots in the sample shirt she got. since the hip flares fall several inches north of her hips, it looks exactly like the world's smallest circus tent.

therefore, while a few people here on the forums are complete bottom feeders and really are making snide remarks, the "tent" references are nothing to be worried about. and those other people? they'll get theirs eventually.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, I'm gonna ask that the discussion of what people might or might not be saying cease. Just realize that some of the words can be read out of context or may have been written in the heat of the moment.

I'd like to get this thread back on the topic of actually discussing the shirts, please.

Please?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, I'm gonna ask that the discussion of what people might or might not be saying cease. Just realize that some of the words can be read out of context or may have been written in the heat of the moment.

I'd like to get this thread back on the topic of actually discussing the shirts, please.

Please?



Wow. Thanks for completely proving my point that at this stage, official woot folks don't really care if someone is offended or upset by remarks on the boards. You used to encourage people to be civil and mindful of the fact that comments on the new women's shirts could hurt someone because there was quite a bit of language being used that focused on the size of the women who fit into the new blanks, not necessarily on the actual shirts. Things have moved far beyond this point though. Now the response is to just deal with the remarks. Nice, very nice.

As for the shirts...
I have stated on different occasions since the switch that I am actually happy with the new women's shirts. There is a difference in the cut and shape, but at least for me, I prefer it to AA. My biggest issue with the old women's sizes is that shirts simply did not fit well on my frame. Having a larger chest really messes with a shirt and it doesn't take much for a shirt to not fit right or for designs to be a bit out of sorts, a particularly difficult issue to tackle when looking to purchase a shirt from a place like woot. For me, the switch to Anvil resolved that problem (and I could go from buying men's AA shirts to women's shirts). I am sincerely sorry that the change to Anvil has not worked out well for other members of the woot community. There are so many great designs here, if I had the funds I'd have many more shirts, and I'm sorry that others are missing out on them because of fit/size issues with the different blanks.

So, woot, this is one person who is okay with the new women's sizes. I'm just not okay with how women who like the Anvil shirts have been spoken to or about. And woot shouldn't be okay with customers being insulted or offended, but apparently they are...

granilithe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
aerc712 wrote:
As for the shirts...
I have stated on different occasions since the switch that I am actually happy with the new women's shirts. There is a difference in the cut and shape, but at least for me, I prefer it to AA. My biggest issue with the old women's sizes is that shirts simply did not fit well on my frame. Having a larger chest really messes with a shirt and it doesn't take much for a shirt to not fit right or for designs to be a bit out of sorts, a particularly difficult issue to tackle when looking to purchase a shirt from a place like woot. For me, the switch to Anvil resolved that problem (and I could go from buying men's AA shirts to women's shirts). I am sincerely sorry that the change to Anvil has not worked out well for other members of the woot community. There are so many great designs here, if I had the funds I'd have many more shirts, and I'm sorry that others are missing out on them because of fit/size issues with the different blanks.

So, woot, this is one person who is okay with the new women's sizes. I'm just not okay with how women who like the Anvil shirts have been spoken to or about. And woot shouldn't be okay with customers being insulted or offended, but apparently they are...



I also love the new tee's. I'm not even close to petite. I'm 5'9 a bit pudgy but my chest has always been a problem even when I was thinner. I always had to order Men's because while the shirt might look fine on my stomach/hip area my boobs were squeezed in. These XL fit me perfectly.

I am a very happy Anvil fan even if it's not USA made.

grisca


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grisca
elisabethmd wrote:Thanks, but I was looking for comparisons between Womens XL and Mens Small and Medium. I believe both these posts are comparisons between Womens sizes only.



My Anvil MM aren't washed yet, and the Anvil MS I have are washed (same for my two only AA WXLs).

First off AA WXL (washed) on top of Anvil MM (fresh out of the bag):



Now AA WXL (washed) sandwiched between Anvil MM (unwashed, bottom) and Anvil MS (washed, top):





P.S.: yes, the black AA WXL is a bit slimmer than the white AA WXL. Also the green Anvil MS is a bit slimmer than the asphalt Anvil MS.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

aerc712 wrote:Wow. Thanks for completely proving my point that at this stage, official woot folks don't really care if someone is offended or upset by remarks on the boards. You used to encourage people to be civil and mindful of the fact that comments on the new women's shirts could hurt someone because there was quite a bit of language being used that focused on the size of the women who fit into the new blanks, not necessarily on the actual shirts. Things have moved far beyond this point though. Now the response is to just deal with the remarks. Nice, very nice.
...

Goldenthorne, a volunteer moderator, asked for people to be civil yet the conversations have continued to be about who said what, why, and what they may have meant. The only alternative to asking is to start deleting the posts. I would prefer not to do that.

So I'm asking that we move past this and please get back to the discussions of the shirts.

And I did say please, three times now.

Now I'll say thank you.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
bounty42 wrote:I think we all need to aknowledge that "curvy" is being used as a polite euphimism for "can't shop in the juniors department". Because no one wants to use the f-word.



Shirts for patrons of the junior's department are designed for pre-teens and teenagers. Women and pre-teen/teenage females have distinctly different shapes. As females grow older, their bodies change and they develop curves - chest, hips. That's biology and it's not meant to be a comment on anyone's shape or size. Each person is different and has a unique shape. Because of that, a shirt style that might work for one woman's frame may not work for another woman.

Before this gets misinterpreted, I want to clarify that I am not saying that the AA shirts were not designed for women. The ladies shirts from AA were cut with a feminine shape in mind. However, the close-fitting style of the AA women's shirts made it difficult for some female wooters to comfortably wear the AA in a woman's size.

I am and always will be sorry that some of the ladies at woot do not like the fit of the Anvil women's shirts. I sincerely wish that something could be done to change that, but it was pointed out that a WXS is not an option. I understand that this is frustrating and upsetting, especially for longtime supporters of woot. Those who are upset have every right to let their displeasure be known. Just remember, there are some members of the woot community who like the Anvil shirts and even some women who do not object to the new sizing. Keep the focus on the shirt, on woot, and not those who wear the Anvil shirts.

Oh, and just because a woman buys clothing from the women's department instead of the junior's department does not mean that she is fat.

I'm wearing an Anvil WL right now and it fits very similar to other size L women's shirts that I have purchased. In my experience, the Anvil sizing is comparable to what other stores sell. Again, I am sorry that things have not worked out this well for other ladies.

granilithe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
aerc712 wrote:

I'm wearing an Anvil WL right now and it fits very similar to other size L women's shirts that I have purchased. In my experience, the Anvil sizing is comparable to what other stores sell. Again, I am sorry that things have not worked out this well for other ladies.



I agree Anvil seems to match what you buy at most retail stores.

elisabethmd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages elisabethmd

[quote postid="5070027" user="grisca"]My Anvil MM aren't washed yet, and the Anvil MS I have are washed (same for my two only AA WXLs).

Thank you so much for posting these pics, it makes it so much easier to choose! Now it's just to wait and see if the tee fits.

kimmypooh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimmypooh

How do you know on each shirt if it is an anvill or the aa? Because of the diffrences in sizing I need to be able to tell so that I can pick the right size.
I am very busty and the ladies AA shirts never fit me.
Thanks to anyone who can help me.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kimmypooh wrote:How do you know on each shirt if it is an anvill or the aa? Because of the diffrences in sizing I need to be able to tell so that I can pick the right size.
I am very busty and the ladies AA shirts never fit me.
Thanks to anyone who can help me.


When you look at the size chart, it will say Honduras/Nicaragua if it's Anvil or USA if it's AA. Hope that helps!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kimmypooh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimmypooh
ThunderThighs wrote:When you look at the size chart, it will say Honduras/Nicaragua if it's Anvil or USA if it's AA. Hope that helps!



Thank you! I suppose that I should have figured that out on my own. Lol

sarahat


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
aerc712 wrote:Vocabulary lesson time!
A tent is portable structure that folks use when they want to sleep outside but have a little barrier between them and Mother Nature.



A traditional tent shape is much wider at the bottom than the top. Much the way the Anvil Tshirts are shaped. And UNLIKE the way a woman with breasts and a waist ("curves") is shaped. That is the origin of the "tent" comparison. Not the overall size of the garment.

Elara


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Elara

I recently bought a woot shirt in women's XL and was completely convinced it was a men's tshirt until I was directed here by customer service. I guess I don't really have a lot to add except that I hate these new women's shirts-being short and very curvy and not at all skinny, they fit terribly, no matter what size I get. At least my old woot shirts seem to be tailored at least sort of to a female body-on the new ones they are too tight in the chest, too baggy in the shoulders and waist, and the flare I keep reading about at the bottom seems nonexistant. Yuck. Sorry Woot, I love you, but I am not buying any more tshirts from you.

nyseven


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyseven

As a long time shirt.woot buyer, it saddens me to have to say that I will not be buying any more shirts now that they have changed to the new blanks. One of the things that made me feel good about supporting this site was the American made shirts, and now they have not only raised the price for a shirt to $12, they have also lowered their cost by buying Honduran made shirts. Their explanation says that the shirts will not be any different in quality or construction, but I find that hard to believe. I loved supporting individual artists and telling all of my friends about the great t shirt site that I got all my shirts from, but now I will have to tell them that they may as well buy their shirts from a big corporation, because that's what shirt.woot is becoming.

So long, and thanks for all the shirts.

Charbucks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Charbucks

I haven't weighed in on this thread yet, since it seems like the topic has been beaten to death, but I want to add something.

I'm one of those people who was happy with the AA WS, although I only own 2 as the shipping to Canada adds 50% to the price. I bought my first in July last year, and I bought my first Anvil in March this year.

As discussed, the Anvil shirt does not fit me well, and I've only worn it as a bumming-around-the-house shirt a couple of times. My two AA shirts are my favourites, and I wear them all the time.

My Anvil shirt now has a smattering of holes in the fabric, while the older and more frequently worn AAs are fine. A sample size of one isn't particularly conclusive, but it does indicate to me that the fabric is of lower quality despite the higher price.

elankat


quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

I used to average 9-10 shirts per month between accounts. Haven't bought a shirt in four months. Once most shirts transitioned to Anvil, I went from checking the site daily to once every few weeks because the occasional non-shirt item still makes it into my cart.

I know Woot doesn't care about my meager $100-$150 per month. However, I do thank Woot for the change because I'm now saving money. I also found a couple other tshirt sites that satisfy the occasional impulse buy.

So that's my positive spin on this.