Adelas


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

Just wanted to chime in again and say -- since purchasing the ONE set of Anvil shirts (a WXL and a ML), ["After All This Time"] I have not been able to bring myself to buy any more shirts for myself. I did buy one for my brother, and honestly wished I could have had that one for myself. However, when I pull a shirt out of the closet, look at it regretfully, and put it back because I know how terrible it makes me look, I know better than to buy another shirt of the same shape - I'll never wear it.

I do periodically wear the ML shirt, even though it, too, is unflattering.

However, there is no way I'll wear the WXL. It shrunk significantly lengthwise, while remaining the same widthwise. It is very wide at the bottom hem, without an inward curve in the center that would follow the shape of my body: in other words, it is square-and-slightly-trapezoid shaped rather than hourglass shaped. It shrunk so much that the wide part sits just a few inches below my waistband, rather than down at the largest part of my body (the hip joint). I'm not an Amazon, either, I'm only 5'1".

The collars of both of them (WXL and ML) are different than the old shirts, too, and not very comfortable.

This is great for my marriage, as my husband was getting REALLY frustrated when I was buying shirts every other week. However, I feel like I'm missing out, because no matter how much I love a design, when I think about wearing it on one of the new shirts, I shudder and close the browser window.

ginkochiless


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginkochiless

The old WS was perfect in size for me. The Tyger in the same size is only wearable as a nightgown. My 2. and last shirt of the new kind is Pip-squeak. The print is in the center so I tried to wear it stuffed in my trouser waistband today. Chest puffed out, walking around with an awkward stiff back trying to keep the fabric taut. Still lots of buckling material at my sides and under my arms. Don't ask what happend when I was sitting down. Furthermore the sleeves are way too long, the cut of the shoulders is strange. I was thrilled when the design was printed but now I am disappointed I could cry. The tee is unwearable. It is like wearing a bag with holes. No body shape recognizable. Sorry, I am a grown woman. Wearing tees is ok as long as they fit properly. But at my age I can't walk around like a teenager in baggy clothes. No way I try the kids size. As long as there is no WXS I won't order any more shirts.Thanks Woot for the good time and goodbye.

LaVikinga


quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga

At least the ladies shirts (unless they've been men's all the time) have a seam along the sides so I can take them in to fit my waist & hips if I find a design that I just can't pass up. I'm long limbed so the extra sleeve length isn't an issue as it might be for some of my more diminutive woot sisters.
The fact of the matter is the overall shape of the shirts differs from the old AA. I'd rather woot had switched to a woman's shirt that had an hour glass shape to it rather than the bell/tent/wedge the Anvil shirt currently has, but they didn't. It would help tremendously that the sizing info, rather than saying a shirt is 15" across when measured across the front, would say a "Ladies Medium Anvil Tee: Fits sizes 8-10, 36"-37 1/2" Bust, 26-28" waist," etc.
Most of us who shop for clothing have a better idea what size to choose when we are given an actual fit chart that includes measurements & the corresponding women's size like most online clothiers provide.

At the very least, if woot is going to stick with the current measurements of width under the armpits and length from shoulder to hem, perhaps it is possible to add an additional width measurement of the belling at the bottom of the women's shirts?

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

jamisonchase


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamisonchase
maggiearnold83 wrote:I just got one of the new ladie's shirts, and I am extremely disappointed in both the sizing and the quality of the fabric! Although you say there is no difference in quality, the fabric is scratchy compared to my other Woot! shirts. Plus, the women's medium is so huge on me (and I'm a D cup!) that I don't even think the small would come close to fitting me. As another poster commented, there has also been a price increase, which doesn't make sense given the claim that the new shirts are cheaper to purchase. I'm very, very disappointed in these new shirts and won't be buying any more. Please bring back the old shirts!!!



Completely Concurred.

butter17


quality posts: 0 Private Messages butter17

I fell in love with the idea of Woot about a month ago and rapid fire ordered three shirts. Then I discovered the message boards and all the complaints about the fit of the new tees! I live in Hawaii, so the shirts took a while to arrive and I was hoping none of the other designs I wanted to purchase got reckoned before I could check out the fit of the shirts. As much as I hate to say it, Reckon away! I'm going to order one more shirt in a smaller size and see if that fits any better than the one I ordered. It hangs like a tent covering-no fitted shape like most women's tees have at all!

I never tried the AA tee, so I have no comparison with the old shirts. However, I would really hope that Woot realizes that this many people complaining about shirt quality means they should be looking elsewhere, even if it isn't back to AA.

Such a great idea, so many lost sales due to poor quality! PLEASE, PLEASE listen to your (would be) customers and do something to address this!

bjreinhart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjreinhart

I commented earlier that I would hesitate to buy one of the new Anvil shirts after reading the sizing, but I couldn't resist Star Fishing! Considering the size inflation, I downsized to a small and was afraid it would be too short. Unfortunately, it is - mostly because the bottom of the shirt bells out like a tent. And I mean to the point where I'm getting quite a draft up it. My shirt.woot habit has caught pneumonia and died...

jessmajess


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessmajess

Well I'm dumb and didn't even know the sizes had changed until I received my shirt. Now I has a sad because I have a giant shirt that is no longer for sale. *tears*

Moondragon


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon

I decided to give the new shirt blanks a go because I liked Artichokey. I ordered a WM (was an AA WL). The shoulder/armpit area is somehow both constricting and baggy. Being small-chested, maybe that armpit bagginess is meant to accommodate someone with a bust.

As well, the fabric is lacking the softness and quality of the previous blank. I'll probably cut the sleeves off in an attempt to wear it, but no more Woot-shirting for me.

iregina


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iregina
jessmajess wrote:Well I'm dumb and didn't even know the sizes had changed until I received my shirt. Now I has a sad because I have a giant shirt that is no longer for sale. *tears*



i'm right there with ya friend... *sigh*

zipporah


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zipporah
jessmajess wrote:Well I'm dumb and didn't even know the sizes had changed until I received my shirt. Now I has a sad because I have a giant shirt that is no longer for sale. *tears*



I hadn't seen the new sizing info either, ordered my usual size and got myself a new nightshirt. The old shirts fit me perfectly and there is no new comparable size - in order to get the proper chest size, you lose too much length and show flesh at the waist, which I find distasteful and obviously couldn't get away with at work. Boo!

kharp26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kharp26

I just wanted to say how much I love the new women's sizes! The XL was too small for me before, too tight across the girls. I just bought the Color Outside the Lines shirt in WL and it fits perfect!! Even after it was washed. And it's super soft. This may become one of my favorite shirts to wear! Thanks guys!!

rentaduckie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rentaduckie

I wanted to let you know that you've lost another customer. I bought my last woot shirts today since the random shirts are being offered on the old blanks.

I can't make any comments as to the quality of the new shirts, but based on the new size chart and the pictures shown in this thread- you will no longer carry my size, so quality isn't an issue. I've been ordering WS, which fits me snugly across the chest (30F- So yes, I dare to have some curves.) and waist. I've also enjoyed that they were a decent length to avoid showing everyone my buttcrack.

The new women's small is equivalent to a large on the old blanks, except for its length which is shorter. You've also failed to add an XS size. I'm sad that you've chosen to completely alienate the "beanpoles" as you termed those of us who are small framed. (And yes, by the way, it IS an offensive term.)

debh945


quality posts: 0 Private Messages debh945

Jeesh, just received a shirt and did not realize they changed to a ridiculously hugemongous new size chart. I previously wore a large, now would be between a small/medium but lose too much length to make any size work for me. Sadly, I'm out of the ShirtWoot club.

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I ordered the No Quarter Given in WL (order WXL in AA sizes). It still seems too big width wise, and I am no skinny chick, but I do have a noticable difference in chest to waist ratio. The lenght is too short and the sleeves are too tight. My husband says it still looks nice, and he likes the collar, but it feels uncomfortable to me. I was ordering the Mens Large and WXL for myself in the AA shirts...I'm not sure what really to order in these new shirts.

dreamofcaramel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel
blanked wrote:Problem is it has been a mix, because they weren't out of the old style yet. If the tag says made in USA it is AA, which runs small. And if it says made in Honduras (or other non-us country) it is Anvil, which runs larger. It is anvil that they are going to be using in the future.



It is a mix, but I don't mind Anvil actually. I've been every size from med to 2XL and have had music concert shirts in all of those sizes on Anvils. I know some folks are finding major differences between the two brands and I wish them better luck in this

lalenalena


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalenalena

Have you ever considered ladies v-neck tshirts? Just a thought and didn't know where to put it but thought here was a good place to start. That would make me happy. I am okay with the new sizes but going outside US is a little disappointing.

myxsomaxholiday


quality posts: 0 Private Messages myxsomaxholiday

The lady sizes are really big - I'm not a "beanpole" but I'm also not large enough to fill these shirts.

I get that maybe the larger ladies want to feel better about themselves by being able to order a "smaller" size, but the medium (what I would normally wear) is WAY too baggy on me. And judging by the size chart, the "small" will also be a bit on the baggy side. Which is weird when the website says your tees have a more slim-fitting style.

Sure, in high school I used to buy kids' shirts from the thrift store when I went through that phase, but I'm 26 now. I shouldn't have to order a kid's size shirt just to get one that fits.

PS I have a 36C bust. If the measurements for the shirts on your size chart are correct, then what the heck kind of kids are you expecting to fill that out?

sarahmsquared


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahmsquared

Well, shoot. I just bought a WL, which is what I prefer out of my old woot shirt sizes. I thought I'd been sent the wrong size. I see my problem is not unique. At least the shirt I wanted is still for sale, but I'm not sure about buying another one that will be too short when I have already paid for that design, but I know I'll never choose the one I have when I'm getting dressed because it's a tent. Sigh.

yankeebird


quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
myxsomaxholiday wrote:

I get that maybe the larger ladies want to feel better about themselves by being able to order a "smaller" size,



Wow, could you be any more condescending? I am a "larger" lady who wears a WL in real life. American Apparel WXL has always been tight on me. ML fit better, but I'm not a fan of the longer sleeves. You know what size I am in Anvil? WL. Fits perfectly.

It has nothing to do with feeling better about myself, it has to do with the shirt actually fits, and it just happens to be the same size I wear in the non-Woot world.

I feel bad for everyone who has worn woot shirts for years and now can't find a size that fits like they like, but that's what I, and others like me, have been doing for years. Please don't brush us off as "wanting to feel better about ourselves" when things finally fit us.

lilianic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilianic

Yikes! I wish that I'd seen this thread before I purchased yesterday's shirt. I bought a large, because I have big tatas, and now it seems like I should have sized down? If I wanted to swim in a shirt, I'd have ordered a guy's shirt. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I'm one of the people who the current sizing system works for...

creativeusername824


quality posts: 0 Private Messages creativeusername824

I used to order the WXL because it fit snugly across my chesticles but slightly loose about my waist, and I LOVED that. Now, to get the same fit, I order a WM. But, that is a bit shorter, and it shrank in the wash! I've found that a WL is baggy enough that I don't have to hold my stomach in all day (which is nice) but it bells out over time and gets drafty on my tummy. I only wear them on days I feel bloaty now.

The sizing problem means that I buy FAR fewer shirts than I used to. Where I was a 5 shirt/month girl, I'm now a 1 every other month girl. Sad for you guys! And for me- I love shirt.woot!

truckinbiscuits


quality posts: 0 Private Messages truckinbiscuits

I tried the new women's sizes and I am an unhappy customer The old WL was a perfect fit. The new WL is gigantic, the new WM is too tight in the armpit area and too loose around the waist?! Does the WM fit anyone? It seems that anyone with that big of waist would have bigger arms? Also BE AWARE, the new womens sizes are NO LONGER MADE IN USA, they are made in Honduras.

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
yankeebird wrote:Wow, could you be any more condescending? I am a "larger" lady who wears a WL in real life. American Apparel WXL has always been tight on me. ML fit better, but I'm not a fan of the longer sleeves. You know what size I am in Anvil? WL. Fits perfectly.

It has nothing to do with feeling better about myself, it has to do with the shirt actually fits, and it just happens to be the same size I wear in the non-Woot world.

I feel bad for everyone who has worn woot shirts for years and now can't find a size that fits like they like, but that's what I, and others like me, have been doing for years. Please don't brush us off as "wanting to feel better about ourselves" when things finally fit us.



Whilst I do definitely agree that that post was massively massively condescending and poorly worded. Do try to remember that not every country has the same sizes. Whilst in England, Im a large, I believe Im a medium in a lot of places in america. What was said was out of line and said badly, but just because the Anvil tshirt is the same as a WL where you are, doesn't mean its the same as a WL everywhere in the world

lunadust12


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12

I'm also very disappointed in the new sizes. I ordered Iron and Gold on the day it was being reckoned and ordered what I normally do, a womens large which normally is slightly tight on me but good enough. I recieved a tent in the mail and really thought They sent me a mens until I read the size complaints. Its too late to order it in a smaller size now and I can't really wear it without feeling like I am wearing a night shirt outside. I'll have to order a small next time and hope for the best. I don't want to have to stop buying woot shirts.

laserphreak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laserphreak
jessmajess wrote:Well I'm dumb and didn't even know the sizes had changed until I received my shirt. Now I has a sad because I have a giant shirt that is no longer for sale. *tears*



yup me too. wish they'd left a notice on the order page a bit longer. My husband bought me a couple shirts a couple months ago and i had to give them away. We had no idea they'd changed sizes. It was quite disappointing. I'd been excited about the shirts for a while too. Yea i could have checked the sizing charts, but not knowing the manufacturer had changed, i had no reason to think the sizing of the shirt had changed. I used to be WL, got my shirts and they're HUGE. Could probably fit two of me in them.

bhernandezmartin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhernandezmartin

Being a WM before when I wanted confort that still looked good (or a WS when I wanted something quite thight), now I think I'm supposed to wear a kids size like K10 but that's really short... Am I missing a size that is more suitable for me? Ok, I'm not that tall, but I want a t-shirt with a little bit of shape and that doesn't show my belly anytime I rise an arm...
It's prety odd that to add larger sizes (I'm totally for it) you (Woot) just make small sizes disappear... I'm not very tall neither I have wide shoulders, but I'm not extremely tiny - I think there are many women around my size and it's a pitty I don't think there is a size that suites me/us anymore...

granilithe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
lilsquiggle wrote:Whilst I do definitely agree that that post was massively massively condescending and poorly worded. Do try to remember that not every country has the same sizes. Whilst in England, Im a large, I believe Im a medium in a lot of places in america. What was said was out of line and said badly, but just because the Anvil tshirt is the same as a WL where you are, doesn't mean its the same as a WL everywhere in the world



Since Woot is based in the US most would be equating things to US based.

The new sizes are equivalent to the standard sizing you would get at any Target or Walmart or like chain store in the US. Where the old sizes were closer to what you would get in a Boutique. And The fact everything keeps circling back to oh if you like the new shirts your just fat and like to pretend you wear a smaller size is beyond insulting.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
granilithe wrote:Since Woot is based in the US most would be equating things to US based.

The new sizes are equivalent to the standard sizing you would get at any Target or Walmart or like chain store in the US. Where the old sizes were closer to what you would get in a Boutique. And The fact everything keeps circling back to oh if you like the new shirts your just fat and like to pretend you wear a smaller size is beyond insulting.



amen

jupie6


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupie6

I'm so confused. I was going to buy the woot shirt for today, but when I went to choose a size, I saw that there were now lady sizes. Not knowing how they fit I tried looking into it and came across this thread. I also saw that the shirts aren't made in the US anymore and that the quality has changed. To me, the best thing about the woot shirts were that they were so comfortable and fit fine. I've always either bought a medium or large before these size changes. Does that mean it was a men's medium and a men's large? It's really disappointing. I accepted the price change, but I thought it would be the same quality/design shirts. So now they're charging more and the quality has changed too? And not for the better? :/

bhernandezmartin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhernandezmartin
granilithe wrote:Since Woot is based in the US most would be equating things to US based.

The new sizes are equivalent to the standard sizing you would get at any Target or Walmart or like chain store in the US. Where the old sizes were closer to what you would get in a Boutique. And The fact everything keeps circling back to oh if you like the new shirts your just fat and like to pretend you wear a smaller size is beyond insulting.



Ok, that asumption is insulting, annoying and false. I agree with you 100%.
Still, with these new models there are some problems too. Not all women have the same shape and it's equally unfair to forget about all the women who can't fill enough the new shirts.
One thing I loved about Woot shirts was that, even if they weren't perfect, I could wear my t-shirts without having to tuck in 3-5 inches like I have to do with Target clothes, destroying all the shape and... well, looking horrible.
I'm not that tall (5'25ft), and more or less blanced size with my height (120lb), and for once I could wear clothes that fited without having to wear a small kid size (so it wasn't too tight or too short, as happens usually with kids clothes for me).
Anyway, hopefully there will be a way to have sizes for different kinds of people so we can all keep on enjoying Woot shirts

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
granilithe wrote:Since Woot is based in the US most would be equating things to US based.

The new sizes are equivalent to the standard sizing you would get at any Target or Walmart or like chain store in the US. Where the old sizes were closer to what you would get in a Boutique. And The fact everything keeps circling back to oh if you like the new shirts your just fat and like to pretend you wear a smaller size is beyond insulting.



I completely agree. I was merely trying to point out that although some individuals dont think before they speak, there at least might be a reason why they've said what they've said. That they might not be American that it might not be the same as the sizes they are used to. It doesn't make what was said ok in any way, but it perhaps puts it into context in some way.

Im all for people learning to think before they speak, and to not just insult those of us who are fuzzy round the edges.

ee2000


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ee2000
maggiearnold83 wrote:I just got one of the new ladie's shirts, and I am extremely disappointed in both the sizing and the quality of the fabric! Although you say there is no difference in quality, the fabric is scratchy compared to my other Woot! shirts. Plus, the women's medium is so huge on me (and I'm a D cup!) that I don't even think the small would come close to fitting me. As another poster commented, there has also been a price increase, which doesn't make sense given the claim that the new shirts are cheaper to purchase. I'm very, very disappointed in these new shirts and won't be buying any more. Please bring back the old shirts!!!



This exactly and I as well will not buy anymore shirts. These shirts are hugely unflattering due to the cut and fit. Maybe if people stop buying the shirts they will switch back to the other ones but I am not holding out much hope.

ninjakins


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjakins

You know, I spoke up in defense of the new style before...but getting my AA tees from the random shirt buy has reminded me of just how much more lady-friendly the old AA shirts were. As a well-endowed gal, I might appreciate Anvil's bigger chest measurements, but AA tees follow and flatter curves much better. It actually feels like I'm wearing a women's tee rather than a sized-down men's tee.

abrahamz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrahamz
granilithe wrote:Since Woot is based in the US most would be equating things to US based.

The new sizes are equivalent to the standard sizing you would get at any Target or Walmart or like chain store in the US. Where the old sizes were closer to what you would get in a Boutique. And The fact everything keeps circling back to oh if you like the new shirts your just fat and like to pretend you wear a smaller size is beyond insulting.



I disagree completely. Gap, Old Navy, Target, you name it, I wear an XL, but in the Anvil Woot shirt I wear a medium. This is vanity sizing at it's worst. The men and women's sizes are almost identical in measurements now. That is not the standard.

granilithe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
abrahamz wrote:I disagree completely. Gap, Old Navy, Target, you name it, I wear an XL, but in the Anvil Woot shirt I wear a medium. This is vanity sizing at it's worst. The men and women's sizes are almost identical in measurements now. That is not the standard.



Well at Target, Gap, Walmart, Old Navy, Kohls I always wear a woman's XL and I do in the new shirts as well.

Though it could be a based state to state thing, I admit I've not really bought clothes outside my state much. If I go out of town I rarely buy clothes.

tenieldjo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

So, I am in the "woot shirts are awful, shapeless tents now" camp, but I understand that some people like the new sizes. Maybe they could just offer the anvil ones still, but also have an option for a fitted women's size. I'd even be willing to pay a buck or two more for a shirt that fits me right! Please woot, you're killing us here. Every time I see a shirt I like, I have this inner conflict. The switch has lost you a lot of sales from me, and it looks like more than a few others! Anyone else feel this way? Maybe we could start a petition or something.

ginkochiless


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginkochiless

Maybe everybody who likes to buy a shirt but can't because of the change should leave a comment. So the ones excluded from Woot Community (aka beanpoles) would be more visible. My fears are that sales wont drop enough to show the responsible people that something is wrong because there are always enough people buying only one time and leaving when quality, fit... don't satisfy them.

keaxlae


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keaxlae

I have a bunch of shirts from Shirt.Woot, they make up most of my wardrobe. I have so many because they were basically our uniforms when I worked in Tech Support.

However, over the past few months, I've managed to drop +50lbs (awesome, right?) and now all my woot shirts don't fit. Since they're mostly ML, they swim on me now (even the two MMs I have are big). But, I figured, "Hey, no worries, I found some money under the couch, let me go restock what I can in a size that might fit me." This quick little thought led me to purchase a Women's Large in the Flesh Wound teeshirt.

With the weight change, I don't have very many clothes that fit me and I'm running exceptionally low on teeshirts (4 out of 35 fit). So, I had the Flesh Wound top overnight'd in order to have something to wear to class that actually looked as if it belonged to me.
Unfortunately, I haven't been on Woot since January, so I missed the size change announcement. The shirt Woot sent me, their new "Women's Large", IS NOT A SHIRT, IT IS A CIRCUS TENT. I'm back to freaking square one, except I'm out $17 and have another shirt to add to my Over-Sized Woot Shirt sea.

If this is the kind of thing that's happening, as far as the backlash to the random/terrible decision of changing shirt companies, there needs to be some type of warning when you're placing your order. A popup window or something. This is absolutely ridiculous. Here I've lost all this weight and I can't even buy back half the shirts I used to own because I'm terrified of what "size" I might end up with next time.
I've been chubby girl over the past few years (hitting a max of size 18), but now I'm being punished when I finally get down to a 8/10?
By Woot, no less?!
That's just twisted...and evil.


Anyone know how to, successfully, shrink woot shirts?

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
keaxlae wrote:Anyone know how to, successfully, shrink woot shirts?



Shrinking any clothing generally requires a very hot wash and then a very hot dry. If you don't have access to a tumble dryer, its a LOT harder to successfully get stuff to shrink.

janielandes


quality posts: 1 Private Messages janielandes

If I buy The binge, will it be the old shirt or do they print as needed so it would be on the new blanks? When you get the "Random shirts" I assume if they are just picking what is laying around you could end up with an old design printed on the old shirts or a new design printed on the new shirts so you really don't know what size to get.