keaxlae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keaxlae
lilsquiggle wrote:Shrinking any clothing generally requires a very hot wash and then a very hot dry. If you don't have access to a tumble dryer, its a LOT harder to successfully get stuff to shrink.

Luckily, my campus has tumble dryers! Also, I basically live in the science department, so I can get into some of the Thermo labs if need be. .....How hot are we talkin'? :P

bfr004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfr004

I am one of those freakish people with a body that fits the Anvil shirts better than AA. The shorter length and chest space works for me and I'm hippy; the MM AA shirt always bunched at the waist/hips with the extra length, the WXL AA was a little too tight around the girls.

What I don't like about the Anvil shirts is the wrinkle factor. The fabric is obviously of poorer quality. If these shirts are going to be of Wal-Mart/Target quality, I'm less likely to purchase them off the Reckoning or special events because the extra $$ aren't worth what you get.

The other thing this really screws with is Random Shirt Day. Since the sizing varies between designs, it's impossible to know what the heck size you should randomly order. If you aren't going to have consistent sizing across shirts, there should be an option on Random Shirt Day to spec AA or Anvil on the size you're blindly purchasing.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
keaxlae wrote:Luckily, my campus has tumble dryers! Also, I basically live in the science department, so I can get into some of the Thermo labs if need be. .....How hot are we talkin'? :P

Honestly, it depends how much you want to shrink it by. The hotter you make it, the more it will shrink

Shrink a Cotton Tshirt

I think most places just say put machines on their highest settings and hope. Generally speaking tshirts only shrink in the first couple of washes. After that theyv normally reached their minimum size. At that point, your only option is to get some pins and a sewing machine out :P

myxsomaxholiday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myxsomaxholiday
lilsquiggle wrote:Honestly, it depends how much you want to shrink it by. The hotter you make it, the more it will shrink

Shrink a Cotton Tshirt

I think most places just say put machines on their highest settings and hope. Generally speaking tshirts only shrink in the first couple of washes. After that theyv normally reached their minimum size. At that point, your only option is to get some pins and a sewing machine out :P

See, the problem here is that if you shrink the shirt from washing it, and it still doesn't fit correctly, you may have just screwed yourself.

I don't know if it's worth the gamble.

spacebot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacebot

I am shocked at how awful the new shirts are! Like many others here, I thought they sent the wrong size when I received one in the mail. It's worse than a tent... it flows out in the back like a kite trying to catch air.

I'm sure body shapes that fit these new shirts exist, but they are certainly NOT average. I have given birth... my figure is definitely "womanly". I buy plenty of t-shirts and have never seen one this wide and unshapely.

I used to love Woot shirts for their awesome designs on what used to be high quality shirts... and I am so sad to lose that. I'd be totally willing to pay a dollar or two more to get the old shirts back. Please? What do we need to do to convince you?

mukimuki

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mukimuki
keaxlae wrote:I have a bunch of shirts from Shirt.Woot, they make up most of my wardrobe. I have so many because they were basically our uniforms when I worked in Tech Support.
Anyone know how to, successfully, shrink woot shirts?

I PM'ed you!

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
janielandes wrote:If I buy The binge, will it be the old shirt or do they print as needed so it would be on the new blanks? When you get the "Random shirts" I assume if they are just picking what is laying around you could end up with an old design printed on the old shirts or a new design printed on the new shirts so you really don't know what size to get.

bfr004 wrote:
The other thing this really screws with is Random Shirt Day. Since the sizing varies between designs, it's impossible to know what the heck size you should randomly order. If you aren't going to have consistent sizing across shirts, there should be an option on Random Shirt Day to spec AA or Anvil on the size you're blindly purchasing.

It is not impossible and you aren't blind buying, generally. Take a look at how they dealt with the last random sale: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/random-shirt-13

Always, always check the size chart for the day's purchase. It's located on the info page of the shirt, near the bottom middle of the page. It'll say something like:

Features:
Fiber Content: 4.5 oz 100% Combed Ringspun Cotton
Men's Sizes are Manufactured In: Honduras/Nicaragua/USA
Women's Sizes are Manufactured in USA
Kids Sizes are Manufactured In: Honduras/Nicaragua
Printed In: Carrollton, Texas, USA

Does it say womens sizes are made in the USA? They're on the old smaller AA/American Apparel. Does it say Honduras? Nicaragua? They are the new larger Anvil sizes. 99% of the time, you will be ordering Anvil from here on out, but always double check.

Every day's shirt will show the size chart so that you can order the correct size.

If you get an incorrect brand mailed to you (ie site said AA but you were sent an Anvil), let service know. If it gives you peace of mind, screenshot it when it says you are ordering that brand.

Now, there may be the occasional error in that you are sent the incorrect brand/size, as there were a few during this last random sale, but people are being refunded/sent another random who have had that problem.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

ginkochiless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginkochiless

I found out something very strange. I bought a T-Shirt at Cheezburger. It's anvil too, but the WS is much shorter, the collar smaller. When you lay it on top of a new WS from Woot it seems to have the same width but wearing it it fits not perfect but much better. Also the quality is much softer. On the label are two adresses, Anvil in America and in Germany. So if Woot wants to sell Anvil why not these blanks?

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
bfr004 wrote:I am one of those freakish people with a body that fits the Anvil shirts better than AA. The shorter length and chest space works for me and I'm hippy; the MM AA shirt always bunched at the waist/hips with the extra length, the WXL AA was a little too tight around the girls.

This utterly confuses me. The Anvil shirt I have (I wasn't stupid enough to buy more than one) is too tight in the chest, binds under my armpits, and then flares out around my waist. The AA shirts (of which I have a drawerful) are actually looser in the chest/armpit area while still being fitted in the waist.

LinLorienelen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LinLorienelen

I guess like most people here, when I ordered my new shirt (ASCII Night), I went with my usual WS. If I wanted a loose fit I would order a WM.

When my shirt arrived, I was so excited, I ran inside and changed into my new shirt.

Wat.

Compared the tag to my previous shirts and noticed they were different, so I sent an email asking if I had received a men's small. Got a response explaining the shirt blank change and a link to this forum. I had not heard anything about the change, and the last shirt I bought was around St. Patrick's Day

I'm glad (I guess) to see that I am definitely not alone.

My sizing:
5'1"
120lbs
33, 27, 38

I wore the Anvil WS all day and am bitterly disappointed in the fit. It hangs like a bag and got progressively baggier through the day. According to this thread, it will lose length after washing but will retain the width. I suspect that even if a WXS size is picked up, it will still have the tent shape.

I absolutely loved the reliability of the American Apparel sizings. I bought WS or WM, depending on desired fit, and they were both feminine and flattering. At this point there IS NO shirt that will fit me well. Unless the AA blanks are brought back, I'm afraid I can no longer buy a WootShirt again. I love the designs, they are always clever and funny, but, like ThinkGeek's shirts that are mostly only available in men's, I won't buy them if they don't fit.

I understand that this shirt blank is more accommodating to the larger ladies without having to buy a men's size, and thats awesome. I'm just sad that I don't have a size anymore. : (

julia26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julia26

What on earth were they thinking? I previously ordered the WL and they fit me very well. If anything, I'd put an extra inch of length down the front. Now, I either get a cheap looking tent that's as wide as it it long, or my belly hangs out like it's 1995 to get a fit around my chest. Furthermore, the two new shirts I have are noticeably thinner fabric. And they are made in a country that loves to chuck undereducated, deprived teenage girls in sweatshops! (If you want more on that, check out http://www.waronwant.org/overseas-work/sweatshops-and-plantations/women-factory-workers-in-honduras or any other organization that tracks international working conditions.)

I can fully understand wanting a shirt line that more fully encompasses the spectrum of lady sizes, but the option you chose is just as limited in size as the previous shirts. Instead of being able to get a male size to have a larger option, or pick a company that makes 2x or 3x sizes as well, smaller proportioned girls are totally screwed. And I'm not even that small! 5'8" and 32D isn't petite in any world.

Congratulations on saving a few bucks on blanks, it will make up for the lost customers I'm sure.

Was that harsh? Perhaps, but now if I want a woot! shirt, I will have to order way too large, cut apart and restitch the side seams to get a decent fit. And I'm really not thinking that's worth it.

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
LinLorienelen wrote: At this point there IS NO shirt that will fit me well. Unless the AA blanks are brought back, I'm afraid I can no longer buy a WootShirt again.

Anvil MS fits approximately like the AA WM - a little thicker around the waist, but not terribly so. I'm 36-24-38, and the MS is fine. Not quite as flattering as the AA WM was, but wearable in a pinch (for those designs I just can't pass up). Maybe give MS a shot next time they do random shirts, or swap for one via the forums or teetrade?

My only complaint is that the graphics are now a little big (because they print with a men's size graphic, even on the small). I really wish they'd adjust the print size based on the shirt's actual size, not what fit it is (because honestly, WXL probably needs the "men's" print, and MS probably needs the "women's" print).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vielleicht wrote:Anvil MS fits approximately like the AA WM - a little thicker around the waist, but not terribly so. I'm 36-24-38, and the MS is fine. Not quite as flattering as the AA WM was, but wearable in a pinch (for those designs I just can't pass up). Maybe give MS a shot next time they do random shirts, or swap for one via the forums or teetrade?

My only complaint is that the graphics are now a little big (because they print with a men's size graphic, even on the small). I really wish they'd adjust the print size based on the shirt's actual size, not what fit it is (because honestly, WXL probably needs the "men's" print, and MS probably needs the "women's" print).

We did have issues with shirts being printed with the wrong print sizes. If you think this might be the case for your shirt(s), go to the original sale page and compare your shirt to the measurements stated on the Features tab.

If there's a printing error, contact service@woot.com for assistance. Give them the measurement for the printing on your shirt.

FYI: These issues have been resolved and you shouldn't see this problem in future printings. Sorry for the problems.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vielleicht

ThunderThighs wrote:We did have issues with shirts being printed with the wrong print sizes.

No no. You misunderstood me. I was telling the poster that she should try the men's sizes, see if they fit any better, because I found that they fit me better. Then I said that the only downside to a woman ordering men's shirts is that the graphic might look too large (proportionally speaking) on her, because the men's shirt is obviously going to come with a larger men's design on it (which I don't think SHOULD be the case for MS, but it IS the case until woot changes it, which they really should - imo, MS should have the "ladies" print and WL/WXL should have the "mens" print, to better match the scale of the shirts themselves).

Sorry for the confusion! I am aware of the differences between the print sizes, and have in fact had to get a few replacement shirts in the past.

LinLorienelen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LinLorienelen
vielleicht wrote: I said that the only downside to a woman ordering men's shirts is that the graphic might look too large

That may actually work for me. It may have just been specific to the shirt I got, but the graphic seemed a little small and kinda high. To be honest, as historically being NOT a curvy girl, I liked the tightness of the AA shirts. I felt like I finally had a shape to work.

I wore more guy's clothes in high school than I'd like to admit, and a few Target boy's large tees (yay Batman). I liked finally having geeky shirts that actually looked sexy.

If I see a shirt that I really MUST have, I'll try the MS. In the meantime, I'll be over at Glennz- even though they are more expensive, they still have AA blanks and great designs. I'm not such a prolific buyer that the price difference will break the bank.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vielleicht wrote:No no. You misunderstood me. I was telling the poster that she should try the men's sizes, see if they fit any better, because I found that they fit me better. Then I said that the only downside to a woman ordering men's shirts is that the graphic might look too large (proportionally speaking) on her, because the men's shirt is obviously going to come with a larger men's design on it (which I don't think SHOULD be the case for MS, but it IS the case until woot changes it, which they really should - imo, MS should have the "ladies" print and WL/WXL should have the "mens" print, to better match the scale of the shirts themselves).

Sorry for the confusion! I am aware of the differences between the print sizes, and have in fact had to get a few replacement shirts in the past.

Ooooooooooooooohhhh. Nevermind.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

raochoa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raochoa

Damnit. I just ordered my first shirt (X2), and somehow when I looked at the sizing chart I had got the old one - maybe I googled it I think, since it looks like the new one is on the shirt page, but I missed it somehow. It was definitely from the woot site, but the old chart is the first one that came up, and I ordered based on that. I was sort of ordering in a rush, which didn't help. I fell in love with the shirt as soon as my friend showed me the site, but had to leave shortly... Looks like the shirts will probably be huge And why don't they just say flat out that it's a 42 chest for the large, for instance? It doesn't help that they say the shirts have a slim fit... that verbiage was probably for the old sizing and it would help to remove it.

Depressing. The (Bad) Luck Dragon is freaking awesome.

meowmeowlove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meowmeowlove

I'm so disappointed in these new sizes. I had no idea they had even changed until I ordered a shirt, extremely excited, and realized "oh, they sent me a men's size". I ended up finding out that that was not the case. I love the designs on Woot! and this had become my #1 place to shop for shirts because they fit better than all of my other shirts. I'm extremely sad to say that I won't be able to buy another Woot! shirt after this change. Which is awful, I'm really upset about it, I get comments on my Woot! shirts all the time; the designs are amazing. I can't wear these new shirts, though. It feels and looks like a trash bag.

silentvoice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silentvoice

Hey, can someone who has one of these newer womens tees tell me if the label has the ladies icon next to the size (like the old shirts used to), or whether it's just the size please?

I was just about to email them asking if they had me sent a mens medium instead of a ladies by accident, as the label just has 'M' and doesn't appear to be that shaped. But then I came across this thread and read about the shirt changes, so I thought I'd double check.

vielleicht

silentvoice wrote:Hey, can someone who has one of these newer womens tees tell me if the label has the ladies icon next to the size (like the old shirts used to), or whether it's just the size please?

Nope, there's no icon.

silentvoice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silentvoice
vielleicht wrote:Nope, there's no icon.

Ah ok, thanks for replying :-)

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
silentvoice wrote: tell me if the label has the ladies icon next to the size

Ladie's labels are baby blue with a woot logo.
Men's labels are dark blue with a woot logo.

sully45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sully45

6 year member sad. No longer purchasing woot shirts.

sully45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sully45
meowmeowlove wrote:I'm so disappointed in these new sizes. I had no idea they had even changed until I ordered a shirt, extremely excited, and realized "oh, they sent me a men's size". I ended up finding out that that was not the case. I love the designs on Woot! and this had become my #1 place to shop for shirts because they fit better than all of my other shirts. I'm extremely sad to say that I won't be able to buy another Woot! shirt after this change. Which is awful, I'm really upset about it, I get comments on my Woot! shirts all the time; the designs are amazing. I can't wear these new shirts, though. It feels and looks like a trash bag.

I am in the same boat, 6 year member leaving the community

dioxazine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dioxazine
sully45 wrote:I am in the same boat, 6 year member leaving the community

I hear ya, another 6 year member and I have over 100 shirts and can't buy anymore.

I don't even know why I keep checking back, guess the optimist in me keeps hoping woot will give the smaller ladies an option other then nothing.

ltmustbebunnies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ltmustbebunnies

I realize I'm a little late to the game here, but I figured I'd post just in case anyone in my size is interested in buying one of the new Anvil shirts for the first time.

I spent a long time on this message board trying to figure out how the new shirts would fit me. I'm 5'4", 160 lbs, and I wear a 36DD bra, hips are also quite large - definitely not a "bean pole" (which, by the way, is an incredibly offensive term), more of an hourglass. I usually wear a size 12. I figured I'd go ahead and get a shirt, since Woot seemed to suggest with the bean pole comment that the new Anvil shirts would be better for women of my shape and size. I went according to the new size chart, and ended up getting a women's M (at threadless, I'm an XL). I was definitely right to go with the size chart, even though I'm in XL in every other t shirt on the planet (AA included). Shirt fit well on the shoulders (in that it looked good), but it was a little tight on the arm pits. It was also a little tight around the bust, but it wasn't very noticeable. However, due to the strange shape of the shirt that you've all heard so much about by now, the shirt, despite being form-fitting on my upper body, was VERY loose on my waist. Normally loose waists are a good thing, right? Well, not the way this shirt fits - it hangs off my breasts and doesn't come in at all at the waist, making me look like a box, despite my status as not-a-beanpole. I tried washing it in cold water (twice), and it shrank significantly each time. Initially it was a good length, but now it looks like a kid's shirt (still really loose on my waist & hangs off my breasts, though!), and despite my being quite short for my dress size, I can no longer wear the shirt out because my midriff shows. Definitely not worth the $12 I paid.

Additionally, for those wanting to do men's sizes as an alternative, I did pick up a men's M (going by the size chart). Fits well on my shoulders, bust, and hips, and it has a nice length, much longer than the W shirts. However, since it's a men's shirt, it is quite loose on the waist (does come in more than the W shirt, though - I'd say the men's sizes are more flattering for an hourglass shape). I'd probably be better off going with a Men's small, although then it might be tight on the bust. Just something to keep in mind if you're wondering how the M and W sizes compare.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be buying another Woot shirt, unless they switch to a better brand than Anvil.

sarahprime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahprime
meowmeowlove wrote:I'm so disappointed in these new sizes. I had no idea they had even changed until I ordered a shirt, extremely excited, and realized "oh, they sent me a men's size". I ended up finding out that that was not the case. I love the designs on Woot! and this had become my #1 place to shop for shirts because they fit better than all of my other shirts. I'm extremely sad to say that I won't be able to buy another Woot! shirt after this change. Which is awful, I'm really upset about it, I get comments on my Woot! shirts all the time; the designs are amazing. I can't wear these new shirts, though. It feels and looks like a trash bag.

Yes. This.

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
LinLorienelen wrote:

I absolutely loved the reliability of the American Apparel sizings. I bought WS or WM, depending on desired fit, and they were both feminine and flattering. At this point there IS NO shirt that will fit me well. Unless the AA blanks are brought back, I'm afraid I can no longer buy a WootShirt again. I love the designs, they are always clever and funny, but, like ThinkGeek's shirts that are mostly only available in men's, I won't buy them if they don't fit.

I understand that this shirt blank is more accommodating to the larger ladies without having to buy a men's size, and thats awesome. I'm just sad that I don't have a size anymore. : (

The thing about 'reliability' is that it is only reliable so long as it is the standard. The AA shirts are no longer the standard, so people really need to get adjusted to the new sizes. AA is widely accepted as NOT being 'reliably' sized, hence the warning in the past that the shirt followed a closer fit than normal and to size accordingly. While it may have once been reliable for you, and for others who had grown accustomed to them, they didn't follow sizing as considered standard in America, where the majority of the shirts are sold. I'm sorry you found yourself unhappy with your shirt, but I'm basically saying that notions of 'reliability' need to alter along with the new shirt, and people need to either find a new size they find 'reliable' or they will have to pass on buying shirts from woot from now on.

That being said, I find it funny you mention 'ThinkGeek.' I own one TG shirt, and while I love the print, it is EXTREMELY course fabric. Anyone who feels the new Anvils are scratchy (which I don't, and in a blind feel test my boyfriend and two of my friends found the Anvil shirts to be only slightly less soft, but assumed they were the higher quality shirt because they were not as 'flimsy' as the AA shirts) ought to try a shirt from TG or an assortment of other shirt shops. TG's shirts are very stiff and itchy, and I don't really wear mine, not even to sleep in.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
margiecakes wrote:The thing about 'reliability' is that it is only reliable so long as it is the standard. The AA shirts are no longer the standard, so people really need to get adjusted to the new sizes. AA is widely accepted as NOT being 'reliably' sized, hence the warning in the past that the shirt followed a closer fit than normal and to size accordingly. While it may have once been reliable for you, and for others who had grown accustomed to them, they didn't follow sizing as considered standard in America, where the majority of the shirts are sold. I'm sorry you found yourself unhappy with your shirt, but I'm basically saying that notions of 'reliability' need to alter along with the new shirt, and people need to either find a new size they find 'reliable' or they will have to pass on buying shirts from woot from now on.

That being said, I find it funny you mention 'ThinkGeek.' I own one TG shirt, and while I love the print, it is EXTREMELY course fabric. Anyone who feels the new Anvils are scratchy (which I don't, and in a blind feel test my boyfriend and two of my friends found the Anvil shirts to be only slightly less soft, but assumed they were the higher quality shirt because they were not as 'flimsy' as the AA shirts) ought to try a shirt from TG or an assortment of other shirt shops. TG's shirts are very stiff and itchy, and I don't really wear mine, not even to sleep in.

You can't get "adjusted" to new sizing when said new sizing doesn't even fit you. You also can not simply adjust to something fitting you like a lumpy trash bag.

hanabana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hanabana

Has anyone at woot officially addressed this problem yet? I would think with this much complaining someone would at least say they were working on a fix.

Since I am a "beanpole" (as woot so lovingly described me <3)even though I have a fairly nice bust, not a single one of the new shirts fits me around the tummy without choking me around the chest. The closest thing I would call wearable are the WS which is too snug around the chest and way waaaay too loose at the stomach. (Why there is no W XS is beyond me.) Even then I am not proud of wearing these shirts out into public as I feel incredibly unsightly. This is not the kind of image woot should want to portray, especially if they are trying to bring in more female customers. My girl friends love the beautiful designs, but would not be caught dead in those fits. I can safely say woot has already lost 5 or 6 potential customers from me alone.

So my fix? I am late to the party so sorry if this has been said before, but I think the best way to fix lades sizes is to make slimmer cut shirts with thinner and stretchier material. Women come in so many varying sizes and the cuts that flatter them differ just as much. If woot wants to keep their "one type of shirt fits all" thing they've got going, this is the only way I see it working out for the greatest amount of people.

I'm no fashion expert and this is only my 2 cents so feel free to critique.
Pros: shirts will be more form fitting without choking if you size down and you can always size up if you like looser, the same basic S, M, L, XL sizing will fit a larger variety of shapes and sizes, will have a more womanly look all around.

Cons: not everyone likes the womanly look and would rather have basic baggy t-shirts, thinner material means colder material and I completely understand why some would be against that.

So thoughts, critiques, mentions of this already being suggested, would it be a good idea to vote on it?

wag1987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wag1987

Apparently even though I check shirt woot nearly every day, I somehow missed this change too. I got my One Line One Horn shirt in the mail and I also thought they sent me a mens, and the new large is ridiculously huge. Does anyone know if they will let me exchange it for the size I need?

mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants

I got 2 v-necks in the last random. I ordered small and I really like the fit. I was a WL in AA, and the v-necks (also AA, but men's) are just a tad bigger. They are somewhat longer which is good and I don't mind the longer sleeves. Makes me happy! Now, I can still order some woot designs as long as they occasionally sell v-necks. Yey!!! I can still WOOT!!!

gingachuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingachuck

Just found this out today. Huge disappointment. Blech

gallifreya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreya

This is definitely going to be a problem for me, I was a WM in previous sizing, and only because it was a little longer and not too much wider than the WS and I wanted a slightly loose fit for that design.

What is a 5'2, skinny girl to do?

Also - reckoning tees. Which size chart should I order by today while you are presumably still getting rid of old blanks? (if it helps, the shirt I want is the raven)

Seconding the vote for at least a v neck option though, I have plenty of high necked tees by now. For that matter long sleeved options would be nice, v neck or not, especially in winter as I live in a cold country currently.

karachay40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karachay40

I've never bought a Woot shirt before so I was going to buy one today. Fortunately I saw this board. But now I'm annoyed that I can't buy anything in fear of it being too large/ boxy. I'm 5'3 ~108lbs and I have no idea what woman's shirt size I need now. Usually I just get a small in other stores. I hope Woot changes their sizing soon to normal standards.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
gallifreya wrote:Also - reckoning tees. Which size chart should I order by today while you are presumably still getting rid of old blanks? (if it helps, the shirt I want is the raven)

Seconding the vote for at least a v neck option though, I have plenty of high necked tees by now. For that matter long sleeved options would be nice, v neck or not, especially in winter as I live in a cold country currently.

(By the raven, you mean Nevermore, correct?) Based on the size chart linked on the page -- and popularity of the design, as well as how common a blank color charcoal is -- I think it's safe to say that all sizes for the shirt are printing on Anvil now.

As for v-necks and l/s shirts, those are occasionally offered in the weekly side sales. V-necks less often, but l/s tees should be showing up more in the coming months what with the season change and all.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

Hey @profhotpants, remember me from the office a couple weeks ago with cowboydann and skippy? That weirdo who fits into AA WM ?

Any new word on getting an XS womens size on the anvils? Anything I can do?

PS How is the baby coming?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

moonyredmoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonyredmoon
ProfHotpants wrote:You're funny! The men's small shirts are tiny! We have some svelte dudes in our office and they all seem to find a good fit in our sizes.

Maybe tiny around, but my boyfriend has to order large shirts just for the length. There should be a skinny large, or a long small or something of the sort.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

Anyone know what size best fits someone who used to wear AA WM?

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
tenieldjo wrote:Anyone know what size best fits someone who used to wear AA WM?

There isn't one. Anyone who was a WS or WM with the old American Apparel shirts do not have a viable option now. Your only solution is to alter one.