+ Add a Comment

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Narfcake wrote:From looking at all the pics, I wonder how many sales are going to be lost from customers who were a WM and WS? There's nothing smaller to move into.

It's worse than that. I was in a WXL to house "the girls" without too much flattening; and judging from the pics, the new WS would be too large (especially in the midsection since the WXL was loose already) for a fitted look and too short for adequate backside coverage when sitting. The new WS is close in size to an AA MM, and those are layering shirts for me.

My issues with the fit of AA were only that I wanted a little more room in the chest and no weird armpit bunch and a tiny bit more room at the hips.

I've had a lot of other t-shirts (usually cheap ones) that started out okay and did the shrink up in length but remain wide. They rapidly became rags and I won't buy shirts that do that. I have a long torso and am not a fan of wearing belly shirts.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

I always knew I made these mockups for my derby entries for a reason (from several years ago).

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
bluchez wrote:I always knew I made these mockups for my derby entries for a reason (from several years ago).

HOT

morgankohl

caramelarrow wrote:FYI, in case you haven't seen the thread about pre-ordering shirts by Midgerock and Bassanimation at goodjoe this week, goodjoe.com uses the ladies AA blanks in sizes up to 2XL. There are quite a few designers we know from Woot over there, so give them a try if you want to continue to wear nicely designed AA shirts.

Sorry, Woot, but you made a mistake in not choosing another American manufacturer and in alienating your smaller sized customers.

Thanks for the recommendation! I may have lost Shirt.Woot, but you have now given me someone else to throw my monies at!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

bluchez wrote:I always knew I made these mockups for my derby entries for a reason (from several years ago).
*snippety-snip-snip*

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

I'm sure some one at woot is thinking about this, so can any woot staff comment yet? I'm anxious for an answer as I love my woot shirts So, is woot now seriously considering getting a WXS? After the shirt reviews it seems like woot would benefit from a smaller size. Maybe even a more fitted size but I'll take what I can get as long as it's a WXS.

bonacheeta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonacheeta

I just got my first of the "new" women's shirts, and one of the last prints to "It came out of nowhere!" Of ALL the Woot shirts I own, this one is the BEST! I am curvy, but I'm also tall. With my other woot shirts, I have to wear a cami underneath cuz the shirts are just a little short. The NEW one fits so much better lengthwise. Thank you! No more peekaboo for me! (I hope) =D

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
bonacheeta wrote:I just got my first of the "new" women's shirts, and one of the last prints to "It came out of nowhere!" Of ALL the Woot shirts I own, this one is the BEST! I am curvy, but I'm also tall. With my other woot shirts, I have to wear a cami underneath cuz the shirts are just a little short. The NEW one fits so much better lengthwise. Thank you! No more peekaboo for me! (I hope) =D

Did you wash it?

I thought that initially, but after washing, the shirt got a lot shorter.

Or a I grew again.

The first is much more likely.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jeagraham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeagraham

Throwing my hat in as needing a XS. I'm a 32, not overly curvy, and the current S fits me perfectly (although now I'm noticing the bunching around the hips which I never realized before). I fear I'm going to be swimming in in the new S. I'll give it a try if a design I absolutely love comes along, but the pictures posted don't make me hopeful.

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick
bonacheeta wrote:I just got my first of the "new" women's shirts, and one of the last prints to "It came out of nowhere!" Of ALL the Woot shirts I own, this one is the BEST! I am curvy, but I'm also tall. With my other woot shirts, I have to wear a cami underneath cuz the shirts are just a little short. The NEW one fits so much better lengthwise. Thank you! No more peekaboo for me! (I hope) =D

Are you sure it's a "new" style tee? Those printed on AA blanks, not Anvil.

elankat

I thought the only women's shirt printed on the new blanks so far is this one: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=24574

carpeamentum

quality posts: 2 Private Messages carpeamentum

Sad, looks like no more Woot shirts for the significant other. AA WS was perfect.

I will probably avoid bothering with more shirts for myself too as a matter of protest (Although I have far too many shirts at the moment, so that has something to do with it as well).

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

i'm all bummed now. i just found out that a MM fits me almost perfectly (all my others were WXL). i wasn't expecting to find a perfect fit, so i wasn't too concerned yet about the change in supplier. ::sad face::

chaoswerecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoswerecat

same question as the others: are you sure it is one of the new shirts?

I need some feedback from someone tall and a little curvy. I'm 5'10'' tall, but not completely beanpole (165 pounds). I loved the old WXL, though they could be an inch longer.

purina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purina

So are these new shirts shipping already? I'm so thrilled that I can finally order Woot shirts. I don't like those mens shirts and no way that I can fit my bust in old women sizes. Also I'm 5' 9" so I want to cover my stomach. And I think those new sizes are more like what sizes are in stores (H&M).

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling

I really don't know what I would fit into anymore...

In AA, I get WL or WXL. The WL is about the smallest I can wear comfortably without being too short (it's just barely long enough) and without being too tight across the chest. But the WXL is a bit too loose. Since I don't like to flash skin when I lean forward or lift my arms, I've been buying more WXL though.

In the new sizes, the comparable options are WS which loses 3/4" in width, total 1 1/2" circumference lost compared to the old WL. I'm worried that would be too tight up top. Or the new WM, which is even wider than the old WXL (which is already rather big on me).

I don't know, maybe a MS is my best bet, but I do prefer the smaller sleeves of women's shirts.

rmokada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmokada

Add in a V-neck and they will be perfect!

jehnihphur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jehnihphur

Anybody have pictures of washed/drier'd AA shirts vs. Anvil shirts? I keep hearing talk of extreme length shrinkage and wanted to see if any ladies had examples. I don't particularly want to spend $12 on a shirt that I know won't fit me, especially since shirt lengths are probably the biggest determining factor on whether or not I buy it.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I just mailed the wxl anvil I had off to my sister. I don't know about the other sizes, but it lost more than an inch. I don't have any aa wxl to compare, but it went from being just above my hips to barely going to my navel. I will stick with men's sizes.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

caroleslr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caroleslr

I'm confused. Woot announced Feb. 22nd as the first day of the new women's sizing chart but the sizing chart link still shows the old sizes. That's fine if you don't want to update the link to the new chart...I'll assume that all noobs from the 22nd on have the new sizing. But what about available shirts in the reckoning from before the 22nd? New or Old sizing chart? Also, what about shirts in the Mathcathalon...New or Old chart?

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
caroleslr wrote:I'm confused. Woot announced Feb. 22nd as the first day of the new women's sizing chart but the sizing chart link still shows the old sizes. That's fine if you don't want to update the link to the new chart...I'll assume that all noobs from the 22nd on have the new sizing. But what about available shirts in the reckoning from before the 22nd? New or Old sizing chart? Also, what about shirts in the Mathcathalon...New or Old chart?

Look at the sizing chart on the specific shirt. That should be up to date on which blank. And I have only seen them sell the new green shirt in Anvil woman's blank currently.

elankat

caroleslr wrote:I'm confused. Woot announced Feb. 22nd as the first day of the new women's sizing chart but the sizing chart link still shows the old sizes. That's fine if you don't want to update the link to the new chart...I'll assume that all noobs from the 22nd on have the new sizing. But what about available shirts in the reckoning from before the 22nd? New or Old sizing chart? Also, what about shirts in the Mathcathalon...New or Old chart?

Most of the women's sizes are still done in AA blanks, presumably because they don't go through their back inventory of women's sizes as quickly as men's. Each shirt should have the appropriate sizing chart.

In the Mathcathalon thread, there's a staff post that states what each tshirt is (hoodies and long sleeves aren't changing)...

Regular T-Shirts

Reflections on Pi
- Men’s @ Anvil
- Ladies/Kids @ AA

Cake or Pi?
- All on AA

The Extended Bell Curve
- All on AA

Cell Division Kelly
- All on Anvil

Turtley Trippy
- All on AA

Trigonometree
- All on AA

thumperchick

jehnihphur wrote:Anybody have pictures of washed/drier'd AA shirts vs. Anvil shirts?

Yep - I posted it a few pages back.

Click here.

jehnihphur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jehnihphur
thumperchick wrote:Yep - I posted it a few pages back.

Click here.

Ah, thanks. I must have missed that post. You should post some model pics too!

thumperchick

jehnihphur wrote:Ah, thanks. I must have missed that post. You should post some model pics too!

I modeled my shoulder...

kellie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellie22

I have this issue too! I hate it when shirts get smaller and lose length!!!! All we are is skinnier, not shorter!!!

*sigh*

I normally buy a wXL... so I am curious to purchase a new shirt, although it will be trial and error.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
jehnihphur wrote:Anybody have pictures of washed/drier'd AA shirts vs. Anvil shirts? I keep hearing talk of extreme length shrinkage and wanted to see if any ladies had examples. I don't particularly want to spend $12 on a shirt that I know won't fit me, especially since shirt lengths are probably the biggest determining factor on whether or not I buy it.

I was going to run my washed Anvil through the wash a second time before I posted it pictures of it, just to see if it shrinks any more. I am lazy, though, and don't need to do the laundry yet.

raptorrr18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raptorrr18

Alas judging from the pictures, there is no replacement option for me. I suspect even the ANVWS will be too big. :/

dioxazine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dioxazine

So I received my "Too Many Cooks" shirt yesterday and I was really curious to see how the shirt would hold up against the rest of my AA shirts (I have around 75!! eep!!).

I'm pretty disappointed all around.

I'm 5'3", 145 and curvy so I'd typically wear a WXL. I bought the WM since it seemed the closest to the WXL. When I first tried it on, I instantly noticed the weight of the shirt was lighter and the sleeves were longer which kinda make it feel like a men's shirt. Bleh. But the rest of the shirt seemed to fit pretty well! Yay there is hope!

Then I washed it, it didn't shrink really anymore then my AA shirts typically did and I will admit, I'm lazy and just heat on high.

But as the day has gone on, the shirt keeps getting looser and looser. I've had it on a whooping two hours and what was once a nice fitted shirt (like the AA shirts) is now a billowing, shapeless tent at the bottom. Just the fact it can't keep its shape for a few hours pretty much shows its not really going to stand up the same way the AA shirts have.

I would have paid more to keep the shirts on the AA blanks.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
dioxazine wrote:But as the day has gone on, the shirt keeps getting looser and looser. I've had it on a whooping two hours and what was once a nice fitted shirt (like the AA shirts) is now a billowing, shapeless tent at the bottom. Just the fact it can't keep its shape for a few hours pretty much shows its not really going to stand up the same way the AA shirts have.

I would have paid more to keep the shirts on the AA blanks.

Exactly. I was shocked at what a mess the shirt looked like by the end of the day. These shirts look best pre-washed and go downhill from there.

thumperchick

dioxazine wrote:
But as the day has gone on, the shirt keeps getting looser and looser. I've had it on a whooping two hours and what was once a nice fitted shirt (like the AA shirts) is now a billowing, shapeless tent at the bottom.

I thought it was just me that had that problem!

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
thatrobert wrote:Exactly. I was shocked at what a mess the shirt looked like by the end of the day. These shirts look best pre-washed and go downhill from there.

All that for only $2 extra, What a deal!!!???!

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

So would I be correct in assuming that even the women who were excited about the new Anvil sizes and thought they fit better (at first) would now still find the men's sizes in AA more appealing?

I'm having trouble understanding why Woot would bother to continue to carry Anvil, especially for women, when I've heard very few positive responses about it so far in terms of fit, material, shrinking, etc.

I know the new cut on the shirts was supposed to accommodate "curves", but it seems like all various shapes and sizes of us are stuck wearing shapeless, to-short-for-our-abdomen tents.

I guess it'll probably all come down to the sales numbers, though.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

For future reference, I provide a link to a comprehensive set of photos of my test Anvil WM and WL compared to AA WM, WL, and WXL: clickety-click-click.

Yeah, I'm generous like that.

morgankohl

goldenthorn wrote:

Yeah, I'm generous like that.

I don't even want to admit how long I stared at that stupid thing...

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie

anyone have any advice on me?
I'm 5"4 and 120 lbs and I fit into WM fine. What should I do now??

vgilpin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vgilpin

Well, I usually buy the AA MM to house "the ladies," and have the whole "bunching" at the waist because I'm short, but I just deal with it in various ways. I bought the Anvil WXL for "too many cooks" and was excited about the chest fit but had more room at the shoulders and at the stomach/waist than I needed, so it looked fairly sloppy. I guess I'd go to WL next, but I'm going to wash and dry this one first to see. I was willing to give it a try, but I'm leery of buying now because I'm concerned that I'm going to have weird fitting clothes, and I'm a larger woman, so I feel for all the women for whom WS was perfect and those for whom the length was perfect.

elankat

lisonallie wrote:anyone have any advice on me?

I think that the majority of the women who fit into a WL and lower and want a fitted look are out of luck with the new blanks.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
lisonallie wrote:anyone have any advice on me?

You're going to have to give up buying shirts here. An Anvil WS is like an AA WL.

mstefani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstefani

Thanks everyone for all of the reviews and pictures!

I'm 4'11" 120 lbs and the AA WM fit great. I was concerned when the new shirts were announced but held out hope that the new WS would fit. Now that I've read all the reviews and seen some of the pictures I'm convinced that I won't be able to buy from woot anymore. =(

Here's hoping that some changes will be made for all the women who do not seem to have a proper size in the new shirts.