akayeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akayeh

Ticker tape, if true ticker tape, would have the days ongoing stock quotes and updates printed on it in the days before the scrolling onscreen update. How'd I do? (1980)

laloca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laloca
ThunderThighs wrote:ALL SIZES ARE ON AA BLANKS. THIS IS CONFIRMED.

i is confuzzled. i thought there was a blog post immediately prior about all shirts being on the new ANVIL blanks?

you guys really need to clarify what blanks the particular designs are on. because it's really confusing right now.

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh
laloca wrote:i is confuzzled. i thought there was a blog post immediately prior about all shirts being on the new ANVIL blanks?

you guys really need to clarify what blanks the particular designs are on. because it's really confusing right now.

On the order page, towards the bottom, you will see a yellow box that says what sizes are available on the Anvil blanks. If there is no yellow box with the warning, the shirts are still printed on the AA blanks for now.

Right now, all sizes of this shirt are on AA blanks.

I hope this helps for now,

Firefrogh

dr1241

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dr1241
firefrogh wrote:Thank you to everyone for taking the time to give your opinion and kind words.   I'm glad I was able to design a shirt so many have liked.  Entering the derby  is something I look forward to each week, and all of your participation makes it that much better.

To the artist who posted here and in the derby, thank you.  I admire so many of you and what you re able to do with your talent.  I learn from you all each week. 

Thank you again,

Firefrogh

Thank you! This is the first shirt I deemed worthy after shirt.woot jacked up the prices and downgraded the shipping.

I can't wait to receive it, thank you for making it!

duckydan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duckydan

They were not made of cardboard.

Doppleganger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Doppleganger

How many others got 4 tags on their shirts?!?!?!?!

I'm guessing I'm not gonna feel all that special after posting this.

apshuler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apshuler
xxchange wrote:Did they have Arial font in 1971?

Nope. It was developed in 1982. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arial

apshuler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apshuler
apshuler wrote:Nope. It was developed in 1982. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arial

Furthermore, that's not Arial on the shirt. It's Helvetica. Just look at the flat tops of the lowercase "t"s.

mumzie1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mumzie1

I absolutely LOVE this shirt. However, the nerd in me must point out an error. The 8" floppys were called floppy Disks - diskette refers to the smaller, daintier 5 1/4" version...

thewanderer14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewanderer14

Not going to complain too loudly, but the bottom line of this shirt is completely illegible due to the color of the text vs. the color of the shirt. I am mildly disappointed.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
TheGolux wrote:
First day sales 6000

All on AA

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

nirvanaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nirvanaman

I should let our CIO know. This could really speed up our processing of TPS reports. I smell promotion!

azrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azrn
Spiritgreen wrote:My first computer/games machine used audio cassette tapes. This is positively futuristic by comparison. :^)

Love the retro styling and the phrasing. It feels authentically 70s. Nice work, Firefrogh. Congrats!

Yep, I remember playing the original Zork that way!

curtis7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtis7

Crap, just noticed there's a typo: "State-of-The-Art" should be "State-of-the-Art" in title case.

dralezero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dralezero
ellenbhawk wrote:Those of us who are old enough to have used floppy disks should probably not be wearing a t-shirt with the word FLOPPY on it.

I'm 27 and grew up with Commodore 64. Me and sister had our own computer desk and Commodore setup with floppy games dad made copies on (gasp! piracy)