elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Re: Quarrrter

Gotta say that I much prefer your idea to your wife's, but I'll have to get input from my 5th grader as to which he finds more humorous.

Eldon21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eldon21
Re: No Quarter Given

That. Is. Awesome! I will totally get one if this makes it through.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Know Your Pirates

This may be pop cultureish. If so, I apologize, and feel free to reject it. It doesn't have a chance of printing anyway since it's so late and I just wanted it out there. But I thought this was cute enough to give it a try anyway. Six colors on black.

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

I like the touch of adding the pi symbol to the geek's shirt.

This is a cute and funny design. +1

msgmissy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msgmissy
Re: iPatch

I like it, but fear it will be rejected on the basis of 'pop culture'. :/

Smart concept though (I especially love the 'logo').

kerrylea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrylea

what you said!

ciarraighli

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Shiver Me Timbers

Really like the seasonal direction you took this in collinvh. Some nice subtle elements to discover while taking it in. Why the leaves were arranged as they are took me a little long to figure, which is strikes me as funny considering it was staring me in the face.

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: Forbidden Treasure

I would buy one if it didn't look like my junk was about to be crushed by an anchor. Pretty tho.

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

PixelPants

Re: No Escape

I may not be the world's biggest fan of felines on fashion but am very impressed at the work that's gone into this. Thanks for supplying the closeup view bass. There's a lot of neat design flourishes to appreciate.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
j5 wrote:Go back and read what taternuggets said.

midori786

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midori786

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Jolly Rorschach

Very clever! As a general rule, if it makes me laugh and has no anthropomorphic animals/food, it gets my vote!

+1

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Pirate vs Nin-

At this size I can't tell if that's only 6 colors, but I don't care at the moment. I got a big LOL out of it!

paigeg

Re: Pirate Hooks of the World

Switzerland - I see what you did there! Lol!

paigeg

Re: Redbeard's Institute of Piratry, Est. 1512

I'm not a fan of the white lettering - looks too much 'laid over' the sign. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the texturing.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: The King

This looks like it is from a picture/photo, so unless you own the picture, Woot probably can't print this.

They also tend to avoid celebrities for the same reason.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

hahaha very nice concept!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Cyber Pirate

And again, Walmazan heeds the call and belts one out of the park. Love it and instant buy if it wins!

+1

wersns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wersns

Very good, well done!

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
MSmoov wrote:I really like this design. Here's hoping we all get the chance to pick up a few of these shirts. I can dream, can't I? Oh right, the shirt says I can.

I get a surprising amount of my life philosophies from t-shirts. XD

Thanks!

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox

I love the added texture. Lovely work.

omarfeliciano

j5 wrote:Heathcliff! What happened to you!

The streets are tough man!

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

I like this, but you might be violating the pop culture rule with the Neverland reference. I'm voting and we'll see.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Great job on coming up with that many ideas that are immediately recognizable and strongly identify with a country. But Ireland sold it for me.

cutesox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutesox

LUUURRVVEE (love)

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The King

THere is an address to send non-theme drawings in the Shirt.woot FAQ (see the bottom of the page for the link). But don't send this one, since woot stays away from celebrity likenesses for legal reasons.

omarfeliciano

Jussslic wrote:Since this design is tirring the pot a bit I'll add my own opinion... it's an OK digital painting.

Really good compared to what Woot often sees, but have you guys ever been to Conceptart.org?

Haha, if some of the artists over at CA were aware they could make a thousand dollars a week I bet we'd see more badass paintings in the fog...

Either you are a huge troll or just plain ignorant. You can't compare the digital art you see in that site to the shirt designs you see here.

First: I am pretty sure 98% of all that digital art is not created in a span of 24 hours, most of them don't even have a deadline. Artist can work on their art for days, weeks and even months before showing it there.

Second: Here, you have to worry about layers, color separation, 6 color limit, halftone workability, shirt color limitation and theme.

Third: Have you seen Patrick's blog? I'm pretty sure his work could easily fit in that website.

(To everybody else) I wish I had Patrick's ability to conceptualize, design, sketch, paint, halftone and submit this type of artwork in a derby every week. Sure, he's not perfect, but come on people, stop with the bashing! He's given us amazing shirts for the past few years. You don't like this particular design for some reason? Perfect, that's your right. But don't try to stone the artist to death because of it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Since no one stepped up, I shall provide it myself.

j5 wrote:dammit tater! I'm sick and tired of seeing you dominate each and every derby with your barely on-topic entries that pander to the Woot voter!

You should be hung!

I am.

badum chee.

move along

PixelPants

Re: Parley

Thanks for the great comments and for helping it rise so steadily from the murky depths. I know it went up relatively late, but that's how long it generally takes for me to get it together.

PixelPants

Re: The Crow's Nest

Great use of muted colours and really crisp illustration. It must have taken some time bringing that level of finish to the lines Spiritgreen. I tip my three-cornered hat to you and your mad skills.

PixelPants

Re: X marks the spot

Such a stunning idea and awesome execution Naolito. This is one of the stand-outs of the derby.

w1111ams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w1111ams
Re: Gangsta Pirate

I forgot to add Pantone 11c. I'll nail this thing down one of these weeks:/

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks

Fear the Swiss pirates!

I love this. GMV.

morrdigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrdigan
Re: Pirate vs Nin-

I love this shirt!

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Figaro the dreamer

yummmmmmmm...kitty pizza

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Yarrr

Nice...maybe add a pencil behind his ear next time.

vorteks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks

I don't quite get the "bakery" one. Is it some pun based on pie? I'm rolling the words "pie" and "bakery" around in my head, but I'm not coming up with a "pirate" reference.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
Re: A pirates life for me

Yay...now my boobs can be the eyes......
I'm gonna have to say this design isn't very lady friendly

clbevilacqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clbevilacqua
midgerock wrote:outrageous accusation is outragoues. How in the seven hills of hell did you come up that I or other artists think or feel you and voters in general are beneath the them? if you're trollin' for arguments sake please troll on but please understand your claim is pure fantasy. Not for one moment in any of my comments was there any inkling of that intent stated or inferred.

Hell has seven hills?? Cool, who knew!