clbevilacqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clbevilacqua
nessa204 wrote:Will do, though I don't even know where else I would go to get it printed. I'll look into it!

Look into Threadless and Society 6

haker85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haker85
Re: Away from me BOOTY!

Any Chance you could put clothes on the pirate? I would love to get this for my wife.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
vorteks wrote:I don't quite get the "bakery" one. Is it some pun based on pie? I'm rolling the words "pie" and "bakery" around in my head, but I'm not coming up with a "pirate" reference.

You can just make out the Rat(atuille) in his hat.

Definately pop cultural, but I still like it.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

devsop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devsop

This is awesome!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Pirate Radio

I'd buy this one... love the colors.

Nothing follows.

lutherann

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lutherann
mogthemoogle wrote:No, there is a difference between "voicing an opinion" and being a (insert phallic reference of choice here).

If YKR had a gripe, he/she should have voiced it in a constructive manner as opposed to attacking from the get-go. It's called respect, and there is a shocking lack of it in the world these days :/

I completely agree. It's sad when people hide behind anonymity and think that makes it ok to be rude.

rizaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rizaroni
KAZVorpal wrote:Oh, great, and now it's cut off in the shirt-specific comment feed, although it's fully displayed on the general feed.

Are the stars gradients?

Larisa

lutherann

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lutherann
Re: The PiRAT

What's with all the whining and complaining this week? "Boo hoo, nobody votes for my designs so I'm going to attack everyone else's designs!"

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
vorteks wrote:I don't quite get the "bakery" one. Is it some pun based on pie? I'm rolling the words "pie" and "bakery" around in my head, but I'm not coming up with a "pirate" reference.

It's Pie-rate. The other one that might be a bit vague is PI-rate.

Thanks for all the happy comments folks!

svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn

Maybe it's just me, but this shirt seems extremely suggestive... Just sayin', but the title doesn't help.

I'll get to it.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: ARRR!

cheers FB!

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: Pirate Hooks of the World

Is it just me, or is a potato masher to represent Ireland a little offensive?

woody25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woody25
Re: Yarrr

I thought this was a very good entry. I find it very clever and amusing. Great job.

woody25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woody25
collinvh wrote:A family member told me another artist has an entry in the derby with this concept (there may be more than one). So I've refrained from looking at the derby until now. Sorry for the double up on ideas and I hope you enjoy this take.

Yes, there is a similar shirt that exists. Good job though. Clever Ideas with the peg leg and the eye-patch.

auntieclo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auntieclo
wootvan wrote:yummmmmmmm...kitty pizza

err..appears to be that, well enjoy, he's a whinny cat anyway

tempesteye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempesteye

Potato masher? Huh, I though it was a bottle opener.
;)

fmfbrestel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fmfbrestel
Re: Arrrr!

How can a simple clean design be similar to those other painfully ugly shirts. I think woot just doesn't want to field the calls from crybabys upset about someone making a better shirt than theirs.

markedward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markedward
wootvan wrote:Nice...maybe add a pencil behind his ear next time.

Ahhh, yeah, that would have been great.

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: X marks the spot

And it's out

chaosjmf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaosjmf
axphw1 wrote:I like this, but you might be violating the pop culture rule with the Neverland reference. I'm voting and we'll see.

I tend to think of pop culture as current things. Peter Pan and Neverland are over a century old, so I wouldn't call it pop culture. Classic children's literature, maybe.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
woody25 wrote:Yes, there is a similar shirt that exists. Good job though. Clever Ideas with the peg leg and the eye-patch.

I was referring to THIS design in the current derby by flatlimp (which I voted for ) Are you saying that this concept has been printed on a shirt before?

pixelpants wrote:Some nice subtle elements to discover while taking it in.

Thank you pixelpants. Very nice to hear. I'm really hoping your shirt prints this week. Best of luck to you.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
lutherann wrote:What's with all the whining and complaining this week? "Boo hoo, nobody votes for my designs so I'm going to attack everyone else's designs!"

Hahaha I really don't think anyone has said or implied that at all. People are just saying that his idea has been done to death. I, for one, think it's completely on theme and they have every right to cash in on this style.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Naolito wrote:And it's out

Sorry matey, Woot, she be a jealous old sea-hag who be unwillin' to share her treasures with other scalliwags!

It really was a nice fit for this derby though.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

myteemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myteemo

AWESOME!!! You so clever and talented!

Re: ARRR!

myteemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myteemo

LOL! Good one!

Re: Cyber Pirate

blackeyeliner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackeyeliner

Its cool but could be awkward
Lady: "Are you staring at my chest?"
Guy: "No I'm just trying to see the butterfly, not yet but let me get a closer look...."

smigette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smigette

I really, really, really like this shirt! In for two if it prints. One for me and one for my pirate obsessed sister.

sarahthebibliophile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahthebibliophile
rebeccaroyer wrote:Why does the octopus have 9 tentacles?

It's a giant pink monster octopus. You are quibbling about the tentacles?

ellyyuki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellyyuki
Re: Big Dream Little Bottle

This is great!

jabberwok

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabberwok
Re: How to Drive a Pirate Mad

OK.... Almost got it, There!! No, wait... almost there... I see it.... Oh my gosh! It's full of stars!!

shinyfox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shinyfox

Haha brilliant! I know a few friends who will get a kick out of this =)

emanueu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emanueu

Bigger image:

enesvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enesvy
Re: Here There Be Monster

Love it!

You're messin' with my zen thing, man.

nathanshields

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanshields

Thanks for the feedback! I don't think the potato masher is offensive - my Irish friends just eat a lot of potatoes.

KAZVorpal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KAZVorpal
rizaroni wrote:Are the stars gradients?

Yes, though I did it in Photoshop, not Illustrator. Whether this is desirable was unclear in the instructions.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Naolito wrote:And it's out

Aww. I even voted for it on threadless, so long term sad from me.

@aerc712 Want to hear some fun rules lawyering?
Woot has a rule that something that has been submitted previously has to be significantly reworked (no direct resubs). But since this hadn't been submitted at woot specifically, he didn't need to change anything.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
cptgone wrote:today i learned: "PI" is pronounced "pie" in English (fun fact: in my language, it's pronounced "pee").

pretty, too. GMV.

i'll have to keep it out of my Schrodinger's cat tee's reach though ;)

There's so many funny things about this post.

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
ellyyuki wrote:This is great!

Many thanks!

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
taternuggets wrote:We're really not that popular.

I was trying to think of a way to say this without hurting your feelings!

I like it. I voted for it.