wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

So many amazing designs this week, and this is one of those I like the most!! Awesome work Matt!

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear
Re: Pimped Out Pirate Pet

The blue is an interesting color choice - it made me think they were somewhere icy instead of an island. But I love the idea - and the birds really pop out! :D

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Pierate

You might recognize the emblem on his hat. Yes, now you can own the whole set by voting for the original here!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The PiRAT

Definitely a good idea, and I like the pose. :^)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Aye!

Ha. I really loathe friendbook but this made me snicker audibly.

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Arrrr!

Brilliant

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
Re: Soapy Waters

We had 3 baby ducks we named "Black Bill the Pirate" "Duncan the Great" and "Two-Toed Pete"...I would probably have to purchase this (and possibly color one of their bills black)

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: I Have a Bad Feeling

Very funny!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Fun math pun! I was planning to try and get a Pi based Jolly Roger up this evening - would I be stepping on your toes if I proceeded?

The use of the 2 for the second ear is brilliant!

eenglade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eenglade

nice one. +1

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor

While it's a Pi-Rat and clever as can be.. I thought the theme (given the description) was about pirates. Patches, peg legs, parrots, etc. I'm not sure how this is on theme as it was explained in "This week, give us you most fantastic pirate-themed designs. We're talkin' eye patches, peg legs, shoulder-mounted parrots, the works. "

msgmissy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msgmissy
Re: Ye Olde Party

Never thought I'd see a Pirate design and think, 'Pretty!', lol. I love all the random details - especially the drunk hung over the palm tree, lol.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
bigaislestyle wrote:nice design, but it looks like jeremy fish did it for you

Yeah we are pretty similar. I think its partly because we are both inspired by cartoons, graff, and skateboard art, but I think the main thing is we both do the black eye with the white pupil. I don't know why he does his that way, but I use to do the black button eyes (like the one above) with a shine/glare, but the shine/glare often looked like a pupil. That gave the impression that the characters was staring off into the sky randomly, so I just went with it and stared using the white pupil instead of the glare... it had to have something otherwise it looks dead.

but yeah, Jeremy Fish is very motivational. He is a cartoonist that does sell fine art.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Lagbert wrote:Fun math pun! I was planning to try and get a Pi based Jolly Roger up this evening - would I be stepping on your toes if I proceeded?

The use of the 2 for the second ear is brilliant!

Thanks, and feel free to finish your Jolly Roger... there are several Pi pun shirts, one more can't hurt.

Nothing follows.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
Re: Nothing at sight

I like the design but I couldn't really see the water at first and it confused me.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

I really like this, because despite being a pie rat (or a pi rat), you made him a pirate also, whereas some others just sort of... left it at pie. Or pi.

I'm hungry now...

Anyway, I love it. :>

Lagbert

The eye patch as the hole in the R is simply GENIUS!

wirdou

excellent!!!

taternuggets

aleafloor wrote:While it's a Pi-Rat and clever as can be.. I thought the theme (given the description) was about pirates. Patches, peg legs, parrots, etc. I'm not sure how this is on theme as it was explained in "This week, give us you most fantastic pirate-themed designs. We're talkin' eye patches, peg legs, shoulder-mounted parrots, the works. "

Those pirate ships were just crawling with rats. At least that's what I hear.

Nothing follows.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Very nice and simple! I have an "R" too, but I was afraid someone like you would come along and do it better. Good job

aleafloor

taternuggets wrote:Thanks, and feel free to finish your Jolly Roger... there are several Pi pun shirts, one more can't hurt.

There are, yes, but they've all added something distinctly pirate themed to them. This one (again, while clever) is just a rat. Rat's aren't synonymous with pirates.

Heffron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heffron

Haha, brilliant! Hope this wins!

icarusplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icarusplus
sittle wrote:Do you spend all night ignoring the lighting source in an illustration or does it just come together in 5 minutes...?

Conflicting lighting sources aren't always a bad thing, and upon further examination I am actually quite fond of how the lighting works in this. It gives it a sort of cartoony flair, I think.

wirdou

hahahahhaah this is great!!!:D

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: The Crow's Nest

You got me. I have a big soft spot for corvids.
I would've liked it even more though if his toes had been curling around the 'nest'. It kind of looks like he's just slapped on top of the background at the moment.

aleafloor

taternuggets wrote:Those pirate ships were just crawling with rats. At least that's what I hear.

That's REALLY reaching. I don't look at a rat and go 'oh pirates', if anything I look at a rat and go 'ew plague'. Like I said, while clever, I think this one is a bit off theme.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: Aye!

I like it (: But would this be considered pop-culture?

perdita00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdita00
Re: Pirate Radio

Scourge of the airwaves!!

Megatrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Megatrain
Re: Arrrrrrctopus!

Nice design, gmv!

I'm almost as amused by the expression on your shirt model's face as the shirt design, though!

jennieturner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennieturner
Re: Master of the 7 Seas

bahahhahaahaha. his eye patch.

wirdou

This is brilliant. The style is amazing, so the colors! +1

taternuggets

aleafloor wrote:That's REALLY reaching. I don't look at a rat and go 'oh pirates', if anything I look at a rat and go 'ew plague'. Like I said, while clever, I think this one is a bit off theme.

I appreciate your praise and see your point. Woot usually allows alternate takes on the theme. If they decide it's off topic, we wont throw a fit. This was just our take on it.

Nothing follows.

wirdou

By the way...IS THAT DWIGHT? hahahahahah

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: Pirate Radio

Please feel free to comment and/or vote!

perdita00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdita00
Re: Space Pirate

cute!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Soapy Waters

I collect rubber ducks. Total must have!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: p.i.arrr.a.t.e.

Another week, another bad shirt entry from yours truely!! But go ahead and vote for me anyway, because well.. it's not like I'm going to win anyway.... ARRR!!!!

Lagbert

Re: No Escape

I second spiritgreen: Awesome halftone work! Great design too!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Pirate Toast - Arrr!

Your designs always make me happy!

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
taternuggets wrote:I appreciate your praise and see your point. Woot usually allows alternate takes on the theme. If they decide it's off topic, we wont throw a fit. This was just our take on it.

And I assure you this rat is wearing an eye-patch.